Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:53:48 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we survive without Bitcoin?  (Read 2100 times)
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 08:55:25 AM

Lol
Bitcoin is just a currency. Some of all cryptocurrencies. If something will replace it (which not really possible) it's not that bad. If it will be Ethereum - I'm OK with it.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2268
Merit: 788

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 08:58:03 AM

Many of us may have read that 2018 will be game over for bitcoin.Every now and then have seen that every Tom, Dick & Harry Coin claims that their blockchain technology is better than bitcoin and they will solve the real issue with bitcoin network but in reality no one is even close to that.

Is there a alternate to bitcoin to replace it?

Can this crypto economy survive without bitcoin?

I think the crypto economy have the potential to survive without bitcoin. That is, if more countries will have option to buy other alts such as eth directly using fiat. As of the moment there are countries who are still new in btc and they are still catching up. With so much people who want to invest in various ICOs in hopes of getting huge profits after the pre-sale,  the only they can invest is by buying btc and/or eth so the possibility of us going on without btc is still not feasible in the near future but I think that time will still come and the only question is when.

First of all, the presence of altcoins in the market answers your question about an alternative to bitcoin (that is why they are called 'altcoins) since they have their own technology and system, arguably better than bitcoin! Second, bitcoin in itself is the heart of the cryptocurrency world. There is also a reason on why its price is higher compared to altcoins as it takes advantage of the blockchain technology. One might argue that there exists this direct proportional relationship of its prices to altcoins but to say that the cryptocurrency world would end without bitcoin is too far-fetched.
As days come by, the advancement of technology rises and another system would soon inevitably take over bitcoin. Bitcoin is definitely sitting at the top, there is always the potential of losing its spot in the future.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:00:23 AM

Human kind has been around for over 100,000 years, currency has changed forms numerous times throughout that period, from trading stable foods and commodities such as oats, wine and silk, to minted currencies enforced by the crown, the digital payment systems of the 21st century. Bitcoin or another blockchain based payment system may represent the future, or it may be surpassed by another system. In the end, there will be a successor to fiat, and the world does not NEED bitcoin to survive, though I do believe it would do a good job if built out further.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
kryptoholic

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:01:17 AM

Can we survive without the internet? yes of course we can, its just a world I wouldn't want to live in...

Bitcoin per say may not harm us much if it didn't exist it could easily be replaced with another currency (not that I would like that to happen) however the underlying technology will, after seeing what this technology can do to better our lives I dont think it will be easy to forget.

crypto is here to stay....
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:02:43 AM

Absolutely yes, the all we need to life is our lives/soul. So money, btc, gold etc it's just ter tools to help all the populations in the world. We make our way to life and just need some luckiness to reach into the top. I think everybody understand about that.
bulls3y3

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:11:27 AM

Many of us may have read that 2018 will be game over for bitcoin.Every now and then have seen that every Tom, Dick & Harry Coin claims that their blockchain technology is better than bitcoin and they will solve the real issue with bitcoin network but in reality no one is even close to that.

Bitcoin will not end this year2018. Bitcoin will continue because it is strong it will survive on all the struggles that bitcoin facing. And even bitcoin came to an end cryptos will survive, theres so many coins that will take place.
diwataluna

Activity: 224
Merit: 103

0x864E3764278C5EB211bF463034e703affEa15e4F

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:39:45 AM

Bitcoin is the mother as they say, and some altcoins are its children in terms of the code. Children can survive their parents, and that answers your question right there. But for me, Bitcoin will play a whole different role now. While it has done its best to be an alternative currency for daily activities, it is not that anymore. It is a store of value. I will be sad to see Bitcoin replaced, but it also means maturity in the cryptocurrency world. The new generation is always a chance to become better, as in life.
lunaalthea

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:47:31 AM

A lot of people say that bitcoin will fail for the reason that they either want to encourage people to switch to another cryptocurrency or they just don't believe in cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin will fail if people will stop in believing it. That is the rule of demand or establishing a value of a certain thing. I do think that the crypto industry will survive even after the btc downfall, but it will be difficult because btc is like a benchmark to all cryptos out there.

Allison567

Activity: 40
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:50:23 AM

In fact, I think bitcoin is equivalent to a base in crypto currency. Encrypted currency adds different technologies based on bitcoin. Therefore, bitcoin is indispensable in crypto currency.
MS.LAWLIET

Activity: 221

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:50:55 AM

Of course we can survive without bitcion, though i believe it won't die this year. There are other cryptocurrencies other than bitcoin and development won't end here let's be flexible and try to adopt on new crypto currencies when bitcoin disappear.
azile0606

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:51:09 AM

for me it's not my cousin here to get their livelihoods actually getting their life right now than ever before they're harder can not paying bills but now they're buying what they want
 Smiley Smiley
handsomes

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:59:44 AM

Yes can we survive without Bitcoin but also term process right now many many jobs now hire for educated people and high standard you will have to deal with it so it up to you but if you need bitcoin quick process because it is transaction that we need us.
Bitcoinnumberone

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:08:04 AM

Yes we can.We have already lived without it then if it's gonna be gone,then why not?But for the people who really depend on it might really be affected and be depressed about it.But really its just a currency.The world will not end if it is going to be removed in the mainstream although it is really a life for us.
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:17:27 AM

bitcoin will not end in 2018 and untill today tom, dick and hary can only make theory, without any solution, so today we still see block chain technology is still dominate technology. and still the best alternative to make a profit.

there is much speculation about crypto that will replace bitcoin like ETH, NEO, LTC, BCH. and so on, so crypto that will replace bitcoin is what will make the crypto economy survive and stabilize the crypto market.
The Monkey King

Activity: 284

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:25:52 AM

Obviously we csn survive without using bitcoin we started using cash or phisical money so meaning obciiusly we could survice without this currency or bitcoin but this cryptocurrency is really a great and big opportunity for everyone of us obviously this is not a investment but however we could invest in bitcoin and earn a big profit.
BitNotByte

Activity: 227

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:01:02 PM

We survived our everyday life even before bitcoin existed. Some of us here (like me) 5 years ago, we are living our life without bitcoin and it's not that bad because we're focused on other things. Maybe some of us is too busy on their own business, making money in other way, etc. If by any chance bitcoin disappeared, We can still continue living the way we used to be. Its just that if you're the type of person who's dependent on bitcoin, you'll be having a hard time adjusting again. It will take time but eventually, you'll do it.

btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:06:16 PM

Yes, it is possible to survive without bitcoin, bitcoin is another source of the income because till now we are living without Bitcoin.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:07:58 PM

Cryptocurrency is still very young and there are lots of problems that needs to be solved before it becomes perfect. It is actually a race to get the solutions to scaling and other problems that bitcoin and crypto faces. I believe whatever blockchain solves those problems will become the top cryptocurrency and can replace bitcoin as store of value.

So to answer your question, yes, cryptocurrency can survive without bitcoin or when bitcoin becomes outdated.
Jerald

Activity: 293
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:09:06 PM

Yes I can live without the bitcoin because bitcoin is a lot of work you can see, but you know that bitcoin is great for helping me because I have seen bitcoin projects that are very good for them. So I am so grateful I am to know the bitcoin.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:14:24 PM

We cannot survive without bitcoin because bitcoin is the king and it is the dictator for the whole market if the prices of altcoins will go down or not because the altcoins are depending in bitcoin and once the bitcoin is dead then the altcoins will follow because bitcoin is the most trusted cryptocurrencies and we know that trust is the only way for a cryptocurrency to get some valued because majority of the cryptocurrencies are backed by nothing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: