Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:45:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 565006 times)
RetroGamer

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:31:00 AM

So if we are just 7 weeks late, probably that becomes 8, or 9, or 10, or... weeks, thats a second board on top of my 400Ghash order, so that would make 800Ghas/s if i can count right.
I'm getting tired  to see "Order #1829 made on September 20, 2013. Order status: processing."
I want my "payed order now!

Why dont we all start an investigation on the rising hashrate, i'm shure we can sue them if we can prove they are just mining with our devices until they are worth nothing?
This smells so much like bfl, every day more and more!
[/quote]

Unfortunately, you can not count properly
400 GH / sx 40% = 160 GH / s so just a board with 200 GH / s more
so you have then 600 GH / s
and even at 50%, it remains at a board
that has made bitmine properly so clever they have won 50 + 10 days
Please remember the protection plan begins only after 10 days from the official distortion liefertermin
for example:
21/12/2013 delivery
31.12.2013 incl 10 days shipping delay
01.01.2014 beginning of time bill customer protection plan
really it should Bitmine protection plan
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:46:42 AM

Hello to everyone!

I choose to pick it up the rig directly at Bitmine, instead to deliver it to my office.
Anyone know how much will the customs charge when you drive thru with the Rig in your car? :-)))

Thank you
it_miner

Buy an empty CPU case and throw it away... but save the receipt... Provide them with that receipt for customs. Tongue They won't know any better. Even better, take one with you, before you go there... Throw it out, and take the miner back. (JK, don't defraud the GOVT's exorbitant taxes.)

Just take a PC case with you and say you are taking your PC to a friend for repair.

Leave the PC case there and come back with the miner.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:53:14 AM

Buy an empty CPU case and throw it away... but save the receipt... Provide them with that receipt for customs. Tongue They won't know any better. Even better, take one with you, before you go there... Throw it out, and take the miner back. (JK, don't defraud the GOVT's exorbitant taxes.)

Just take a PC case with you and say you are taking your PC to a friend for repair.

Leave the PC case there and come back with the miner.

Chances of being stopped at customs are small but if you intend to defraud customs, don't post a script like the above online. Customs when in doubt will google for the items you brought with you and they'll end up on the site of bitmine (CE label is a dead giveaway).

Worse, they'll end up here. Just pay your taxes, OK, we need somebody to cough up money to pay for all the government spending
Tegija

Activity: 112

Just Fun!

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:24:16 AM

I also ordered from bitmine.ch and I'm not happy with their communication-policy at all. At least I have an "agreed shipment date". Since I am a Swiss Citizen with affiliation to the law-business, I will pull the law-trigger as soon as I'm out of the protection-plan, if bitmine.ch is not immediatly refunding +10%. At the moment, I don't have any reasons to beliefe that they won't adhear to their promises. Don't bother contacting me if your out of the protection-plan and bitmine.ch is not willing to refund.

How and when did you get your "agreed shipment date", and is it an exact day?

Yes it is, contrary to what I and other people previously were told or believed, the exact day is calculated like this:

You have to take the last "working day" of the week. It's often friday, but never saturday/sunday. IT'S NEVER A MONDAY like I and other people have often believed...

You take this friday and add 10 additional days. That's the day you get when CPP is triggered.

But now the fun doesn't really start yet. If you thought that now you are already owed 10% hashing power you are wrong.

There have to pass another FULL 10 days for you to get 10% additional power.

So in fact, although CPP starts to trigger, you need the CPP to be active for 10 days to have 10% plus bonus.
If CPP is active for 9 days, you still get nothing. If CPP is active for 19 days, you still get only 10%.

What that does mean is that bitmine has a full 20 days plus the shipping week, making it nearly a whole month time they can be late without you recieving ANY COMPENSATION AT ALL.

In my last phone with bitmine support I had this calculated and confirmed in 2 languages (english, greek) for like 10 times so as to be sure everything was absolutely made clear and mathematically exact.

Also, the thing about order/device. You only get the bonus for the whole order, NOT for every single device.
If your order has two devices, they will in most cases
only add the bonus tb.

(Example: you ordered a 400 and a 500 Ghs device. You get 10% bonus. That would mean you get 90 Ghs bonus. So instead of 900 total, you get 990 total. So in this case they will only add a 200 Ghs modul to the coindesk. They will always take the smallest unit the can. Obviously.)

I am sorry for any misunderstanding I might have caused in a previous post here in this thread, but I was just repeating what I was told by the support.

I hope that everything is cleared up now. But I have to admit that I have a bad feeling with all this uncertainty.
So take everything with a grain of salt, people, I don't know WHAT to believe anymore.
But atleast I think I understood their CPP accuratly now. But it took a while for them to come out with exact dates (and it's just one guy from their support who told me that.)... until now everything was wishy washy, and there website STILL doesn't talk about those things in a clear language.

EDIT: I updated all previous wrong posts of mine to have a link to this post here, so as to not fool any new customers who read this thread.

To me they said that bonus will come per device. so not really clear this stuff...

Enjoy your life!
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 03:57:25 PM

To me they said that bonus will come per device. so not really clear this stuff...

Definitely not.

Just take the written language of their advertizement and apply it like a lawyer would.

Don't assume anything, just read what they write. (don't consider any sales pitch you were told by the support, just only read the words in the contract.)

"For each subsequent 10 days of late shipping, we will add for free 10% more hashing power to your order as penalty."

I asked this question in many different ways.

In the end as we played out all the possibilities he even told me, that if you thought you were "a wise guy" and made two different orders for two devices more or less simultaneously (within a few days),
you would STILL only get one bonus on one device, because they would simply JOIN those two orders and make one order out of them anyway.

So really it is COMPLETELY out of the question that you will recieve the bonus on all your devices.

I am sorry, I was mislead by the sales pitch too, but their contract language is crystal clear.

BtcBling

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:16:20 PM

Anyone received any shipping estimations recently?
That CPP starts sounding like a joke if things are as mentioned, it was a one reason I made order another was that I was trusting miners to ship about in time. It would be nice if Bitmine comments directly to clarify things including production status. Lot of people put trust & money in.

KarmaEDV

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:23:30 PM

Can someone answer this, please?

What does "Shipping March 3 week" mean ?

- The week of March 3rd? (3rd - 7th) or
 - The 3rd Week of March? (depending on how you count either 10th - 14th or 17th - 21st)

When would my CPP start?

Thanks in advance
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:24:33 PM

Definitely not.

Just take the written language of their advertizement and apply it like a lawyer would.

Don't assume anything, just read what they write. (don't consider any sales pitch you were told by the support, just only read the words in the contract.)

"For each subsequent 10 days of late shipping, we will add for free 10% more hashing power to your order as penalty."

In the end as we played out all the possibilities he even told me, that if you thought you were "a wise guy" and made two different orders for two devices more or less simultaneously (within a few days),
you would STILL only get one bonus on one device, because they would simply JOIN those two orders and make one order out of them anyway.

So really it is COMPLETELY out of the question that you will recieve the bonus on all your devices.

I am sorry, I was mislead by the sales pitch too, but their contract language is crystal clear.

I'm calling bullshit on that, or you just don't understand what the guy was saying.

There is no way legally that would stand up, it doesn't even stand up logically.

There is no logical difference is between placing a single ORDER for 10 miners vs placing 10 X ORDER for 1 MINER on each ORDER

e.g. 1 Miner = 100GH

In the first instance (1 order for 10 miners) you get 10% of the total order more hashing power if they are late, so 10 x 100 = 1000GH + 10% = 1100GH

In the second instance (10 orders for 1 miner each) on each order you would get 100GH + 10 % = 110GH x 10 orders = 1100GH

Its the same, regardless of how you order it.

Its none of their business how you place the orders, all at once or one at a time, you get the same amount of compensation.

Rudimentary math.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Mork

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:59:20 PM

@Biffa: You're ignoring the fact that the smallest module size is 200GH/s, 100GH/s to match your example.
So while in the first example you get 1100 GH/s, in the second you'd get 2000GH/s ( 10 x 2 x 100 ). You might agree that there is a difference.

Seriously. If they start to pull things off like joining separate orders, where I'm pretty sure this is not legit, I'm starting to get angry as well.
Then I pretty much can assume that I'll never receive my 200GH/s miner, as it'd be cheaper to refund me than adding another module to my order.
We'll see... Sad
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 05:00:50 PM

Its none of their business how you place the orders, all at once or one at a time, you get the same amount of compensation.

Rudimentary math.

You must be new here, let me explain.

Say I have two devices in one order, one device is 500, the other is 400, total 900 Ghs.

If they would say that EVERY device gets a 10% bonus, (making it a 550 and a 440 Ghs device) then we would end up getting a 750 and a 600 Ghs device, that's just the next biggest modul equipping that's possible.
(they can't give you 40 Ghs/50Ghs as you know, they have to give you FULL moduls, so a Full Modul for Coin desk is 200 Ghs, and for Coin rig 250 Ghs)

But if they interpret it differently, and put the 10% on the whole order, well now they can apply the rule in their favour. Because now, to meet the 990 Ghs, they simply have to give you a 200 Ghs modul on the smallest device and no more than that. (making a 600 Ghs out of the 400, and leaving the 500 Ghs, because 600+500 is already 1100, and that is MORE then the 990 they need to reach.

So you see, it is not mathematically the same, because there are rounding problems when it comes to FULL moduls. The smallest denominator is a Modul, not some fraction of it.

Black_ice666

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 05:04:36 PM

Definitely not.

I'm calling bullshit on that, or you just don't understand what the guy was saying.

There is no way legally that would stand up, it doesn't even stand up logically.

There is no logical difference is between placing a single ORDER for 10 miners vs placing 10 X ORDER for 1 MINER on each ORDER

e.g. 1 Miner = 100GH

In the first instance (1 order for 10 miners) you get 10% of the total order more hashing power if they are late, so 10 x 100 = 1000GH + 10% = 1100GH

In the second instance (10 orders for 1 miner each) on each order you would get 100GH + 10 % = 110GH x 10 orders = 1100GH

Rudimentary math.

In a way your both wrong...

If i create two different users whit two different addresses and place 1 order on both you would get the bonus on both orders....

So if you order 2x200 GH/z on two different profiles on two different addresses and the smallest upgrade is 200 GH/z then you would get two time 200GH/z upgrade... total= 800Gh/z....

Just saying Wink
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 05:09:13 PM

If i create two different users and place 1 order en both you would get the bonus on both orders....

So if you order 2x200 GH/z on two different profiles on two different addresses and the smallest upgrade is 200 GH/z then you would get two time 200GH/z upgrade... total= 800Gh/z....

Just saying Wink

Well yes, if you go to the length of faking your identity so you can game the system... but that does tell more about your character and has little to do with how bitmine order system works. :-)

What, are you going to send a device to your moms adress?  Cool

"Son, today a very strange package arrived, what the hell is this???"

jk

Black_ice666

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 05:16:55 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 05:53:35 PM by Black_ice666

If i create two different users and place 1 order en both you would get the bonus on both orders....

Just saying Wink

Well yes, if you go to the length of faking your identity so you can game the system... but that does tell more about your character and has little to do with how bitmine order system works. :-)

What, are you going to send a device to your moms adress?  Cool

jk

lol i have no character.... its all about the money ;P got kids to feed ... and a fake identity whuld be one of my smaller crimes in life lol

And i have a big family hehe ;P think i have around 20 different addresses i can use and 2 of them is P.O. on shell companies so no government involvement (aka police shows up if something gets court in customs by mail Wink )

Not that hard to make your self go ghost in the world to day Wink

(bitcoins is build for it any way lol )

edit:

And by the way my mom already know if a package arrive for me at her house.... not the first time i use that in mail orders for legal obligations... i don't like that any one knows where i live... not any one and defently not the government;P

(But in the end i only ordered 1x200 GH/z... so im just lucky that the smallest upgrade is 200, so its not so big a problem for me;) was just to get it all cleared... and i think if i ordered more then 1 i would have done it on two different profiles...

My brother and i are together in it any way

(had orders at knc also.... so lucky that my main orders was not on bitmine.ch Wink )

It cost half at bitmine.ch ... but looking in the back mirror its not worth the wait whit all the delay bitmine.ch have...

In my book, they can only make up for the delay, and no info, by making some bigger upgrades, then the CPP specify at no cost ...

But just my opinion - and ill keep dreaming, yes;)  )
xray

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:07:55 AM

well have bitmine shipped anyone`s order yet ?
swissmining

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:01:04 AM

well have bitmine shipped anyone`s order yet ?

Don't think so. An other customer received an email on February 5th which says that prodction will start in the next 10 days. Their commuication is awful. On their homepage Giorgio Massarotto wrote on January 30, that production started. Don't know what's true. Wrote them an E-Mail last Thursday, no answer so far.

BuTaJIu4eK

Activity: 115

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:32:03 AM

New lawsuit against Bitcoin miner manufacturer alleges fraud, negligence   Wink
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/02/new-lawsuit-against-bitcoin-miner-manufacturer-alleges-fraud-negligence/
computermaster

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:00:25 PM

Had yesterday a talk with a guy visited bitmine. He said, that they cant start shipping due to problems in production. In a short summary it means, there is a huge delay. There are thousends of orders and in the end its going to be a much huger mess as it was with bfl.

At the end of february some hundreads pieces can be made, probably in best case.

march orders can not be made up before july or august.

Eat it or not. But DONT scream around like pragnant female dogs.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 01:11:18 PM

Had yesterday a talk with a guy visited bitmine. He said, that they cant start shipping due to problems in production. In a short summary it means, there is a huge delay. There are thousends of orders and in the end its going to be a much huger mess as it was with bfl.

At the end of february some hundreads pieces can be made, probably in best case.

I call this FUD and with it being from a new account, then maybe you're a shill for another ASIC manufacturer.  A pre-order scheduled for delivery in late March.  Would receive over 100% extra hashrate from their CPP if not delivered until early August.  So they have a major incentive to speed up production.  IMHO, if they had the actual chips in January.  Then orders made in late January which were scheduled for late March shipping.  Shouldn't take seven months to ship.

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 01:21:57 PM

Yes, this is absolutely FUD, you just claim things without prove.
Also there aren't really thousands of orders. If your order is for example #3711 it doesn't mean there are really 3710 or more devices to be made before it's your turn.
Like in every business, most orders are empty/dead or never recieved the money, etc.. Many customers think it over in the last minute when it comes to the payment.
So bitmine gives an order number for every order made, not every payed and processed order.

Also, for people who payed to get into an order, they have NO CHOICE to "eat it or not" as you say.
They can't go back from the contract, they have to wait about 80 days after the agreed shipment week before they can have their money back.

But that's the nature of this specific manufacturing business... so yes, things are not as they should be, but not as bad as you make it out to be. (july or august???) so that's the definition of FUD

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:25:33 PM

Weak ass trolling attempt, tits or GTFO!!!!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: