Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:49:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 565034 times)
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:19:51 AM

That is really interesting. I'd love to see what you guys did for the low voltage supply; 24V to <1V is a very large jump, and most of the really nice parts designed for doing this sort of thing aren't rated for operating at those voltages. I can't wait to see someone do a teardown.
antirack

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

Immersionist

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:32:00 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 05:46:21 AM by antirack

That is really interesting. I'd love to see what you guys did for the low voltage supply; 24V to <1V is a very large jump, and most of the really nice parts designed for doing this sort of thing aren't rated for operating at those voltages. I can't wait to see someone do a teardown.

Hmm, 48VDC to <1V might have been "easier" with 48VDC being standard in telco equipment and also DC servers. I still think all this sounds a little fishy, especially in light that even people involved seem to find all this out just now and apparently have never given all this a thought before Wink My bet: they had no idea they'd need more than 2400W.

Do the boards not take 12V input?

Yes, why? RSP-3000-12. Or do you refer to the rated 2400W for 12V?

Have been visiting Bitmine for more testing and explicitly asked about that one: the rig uses 24V input, with that, the RSP-3000-24 delivers 3kW continuously.

NB: Apparently even 48VDC equipment outputs 12V at the end for the board level. I'd assume the 24VDC from Bitmine, if they exist, get stepped down to 12V at one point on the board, which kind of doesn't make any sense but might explain why they have been so busy doing stuff instead of shipping boards?

Creating a 24V PSU out of two standard 12V PSU's is not that difficult, but with high currents involved it might not be the safest thing to do.
https://www.google.com/search?q=make+24v+out+of+two+12v+power+supplies
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:45:28 AM

Hmm, 48VDC to <1V might have been "easier" with 48VDC being standard in telco equipment and also DC servers. I still think all this sounds a little fishy, especially in light that even people involved seem to find all this out just now and apparently have never given all this a thought before Wink
Not really, no. It's not necessarily harder, but the parts with higher voltage ratings generally have compromises in other areas like Rds(on) and especially gate capacitance. As a general rule of thumb, the larger the voltage difference, the less efficient it will be to convert it.
antirack

Activity: 489

Immersionist

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:47:50 AM

Hmm, 48VDC to <1V might have been "easier" with 48VDC being standard in telco equipment and also DC servers. I still think all this sounds a little fishy, especially in light that even people involved seem to find all this out just now and apparently have never given all this a thought before Wink
Not really, no. It's not necessarily harder, but the parts with higher voltage ratings generally have compromises in other areas like Rds(on) and especially gate capacitance. As a general rule of thumb, the larger the voltage difference, the less efficient it will be to convert it.

What I meant with "easier" was the usage of existing designs and easier access to them. But I guess the whole point is moot anyway. I didn't even mean the efficiency, difficult to beat 12V digital AC PSUs nowadays if the input voltage is right. For bitcoiners, the move to DC to feed the box (ie. include a DC to DC power supply, fed by ie. 48VDC or 480VDC) wouldn't definitely be overdoing it in light of this high efficiency available in 12V AC PSUs. And cost an arm and a leg.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:48:00 AM

I wish the forum would bring back the newbie post count rule  Roll Eyes

+1

anything else to say beside that +1 ? I agree on the noob restriction, but it is not strange to see members assuming the worst when you didn't post any update what so ever..... some transparency will bring the confidence back...

We are shooting a video of the working miner and will release official press soon, but I can anticipate already that we're starting shipping next week, keep an eye on our news section for further updates!

I hope you do, I invested heavily in Peta-Mine when I knew that they have a deal with you guys, I felt confident that you will deliver and had no doubts, but now After all this delay it is starting to be disappointing, I give you guys credit for the AVALON mess, but at this point I feel the PETA-MINE operation is at the same position you were at when avalon failed to deliver except that we share holders are the effected.

my biggest fear is the Asicminer chips that will hit the market after 2 weeks, their update doesn't put so much confidence in me, add to that KNCminer and their smart move to protect their customers, in time we your customers are suffering the most, I don't know how will you compensate for all of this...

We fully understand and share your fears, however as we will start shipping next week we'll all feel much better, we have a huge backlog of orders and we're putting as many resources as possible to cope with the delays. We are not forgetting our customers just because we don't post news but rather the opposite, we don't have time to post news because we're all 200% focused on ramping up the production as much as possible.

As i was saying.... shipping close to the 61 day rule when they are done mining on your miner... (aka next week...)

(whit the lowest upgrade they can get a way whit by the CCP)

Its a dream... stay a sleep... keep dreaming... don't wake up.... if you do it will turn in to a nightmare ;P

In any case, when you see it, its their... all other prediction (from bitmine.ch or any other) have no value any more... is't just predictions and can be change in a sec whit out any concern...

Words only... nothing els.... no legal/lawful obligations....

Pepoel take them on their words alone to much...

When you see it believe it, when you don't.... yea you get my drift....

My prediction still holds up:

They will ship your miner, close to the 61 day rule when it also becomes in-profitable to mine on your miner do to difficulty rise in the mean time an so on ...

Don't expect any thing before that, no matter when you ordered or what they say....

-----------------

Just a stupid? but.....

You say you can see your self ship next week, but still don't have a working miner to film?? (a movie clip takes 5 min on a smart phone... not that hard)

They still a sleep, and are still dreaming... you'r all shut go do the same;) the dream is better then reality ;P

Maybe you can expound on this post and explain it more thoroughly.

Word of advice to noobs - if you can't say it in 10 lines or less don't bother.
Most won't read it anyway because they will assume you are a wackjob.
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:10:00 AM

What I meant with "easier" was the usage of existing designs and easier access to them. But I guess the whole point is moot anyway. I didn't even mean the efficiency, difficult to beat 12V digital AC PSUs nowadays if the input voltage is right. For bitcoiners, the move to DC to feed the box (ie. include a DC to DC power supply, fed by ie. 48VDC or 480VDC) wouldn't definitely be overdoing it in light of this high efficiency available in 12V AC PSUs. And cost an arm and a leg.
Yeah, I'd definitely agree there. I'd say the dual 1U configuration that Cointerra is using would be a better configuration, rather than using a 24V PSU, at least from a cost perspective. I would guess they were forced to for some reason. It probably won't make that much of a difference; even though those PSUs would be more difficult to replace, they're likely not going to be the part that's most prone to failure.
GaliX

Activity: 504

1NtkLdA98eGnsn8nEKpBGRd2VYGNBkGzd6

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 07:32:10 AM

looks like Bitmine is shipping today, the Hashrate of the network just dropped about 5,000,000 Gh/s

Finally thank you giorgiomassa.  Roll Eyes

Trade:   Forex (€/$...) - Stocks(Apple, Google..) - Commodities(Gold, Oil...) and Indices(S&P 500, Dax...)
All with BTCitcoin only -----   https://1broker.com ----- up to 200x Leverage & since 2012 ---
Keefe

Activity: 681

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:10:06 PM

looks like Bitmine is shipping today, the Hashrate of the network just dropped about 5,000,000 Gh/s

Finally thank you giorgiomassa.  Roll Eyes

You're just seeing normal random error in estimating network hashrate:
http://bitcoin.sipa.be/speed.png

An apparent 13% drop in a 3-day average is simply a swing from good to bad luck that happens all the time and vice versa. It's most likely not a result of any decrease in actual hashrate.

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 01:43:38 PM

Have been visiting Bitmine for more testing and explicitly asked about that one: the rig uses 24V input, with that, the RSP-3000-24 delivers 3kW continuously.

zefir-

that power supply is good for europeans.. which power supply do they plan to supply for american and asian customers, where they dont have 240 volt a/c supplies handy ?

thanks

-- Jez

That's when an electrician is handy, just need them to wire a 240v outlet. I've got mine done.

What socket did you fit into the 240V circuit?  Where ours is being hosted he has an old 30A 220V dryer socket and circuit.  That we're getting the plug socket changed to a NEMA L6-30P socket.  So that we can plug a 30A 220V PDU into it.

Black_ice666

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 01:57:11 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 02:19:25 PM by Black_ice666

I wish the forum would bring back the newbie post count rule  Roll Eyes

+1

anything else to say beside that +1 ? I agree on the noob restriction, but it is not strange to see members assuming the worst when you didn't post any update what so ever..... some transparency will bring the confidence back...

We are shooting a video of the working miner and will release official press soon, but I can anticipate already that we're starting shipping next week, keep an eye on our news section for further updates!

I hope you do, I invested heavily in Peta-Mine when I knew that they have a deal with you guys, I felt confident that you will deliver and had no doubts, but now After all this delay it is starting to be disappointing, I give you guys credit for the AVALON mess, but at this point I feel the PETA-MINE operation is at the same position you were at when avalon failed to deliver except that we share holders are the effected.

my biggest fear is the Asicminer chips that will hit the market after 2 weeks, their update doesn't put so much confidence in me, add to that KNCminer and their smart move to protect their customers, in time we your customers are suffering the most, I don't know how will you compensate for all of this...

We fully understand and share your fears, however as we will start shipping next week we'll all feel much better, we have a huge backlog of orders and we're putting as many resources as possible to cope with the delays. We are not forgetting our customers just because we don't post news but rather the opposite, we don't have time to post news because we're all 200% focused on ramping up the production as much as possible.

As i was saying.... shipping close to the 61 day rule when they are done mining on your miner... (aka next week...)

(whit the lowest upgrade they can get a way whit by the CCP)

Its a dream... stay a sleep... keep dreaming... don't wake up.... if you do it will turn in to a nightmare ;P

In any case, when you see it, its their... all other prediction (from bitmine.ch or any other) have no value any more... is't just predictions and can be change in a sec whit out any concern...

Words only... nothing els.... no legal/lawful obligations....

Pepoel take them on their words alone to much...

When you see it believe it, when you don't.... yea you get my drift....

My prediction still holds up:

They will ship your miner, close to the 61 day rule when it also becomes in-profitable to mine on your miner do to difficulty rise in the mean time an so on ...

Don't expect any thing before that, no matter when you ordered or what they say....

-----------------

Just a stupid? but.....

You say you can see your self ship next week, but still don't have a working miner to film?? (a movie clip takes 5 min on a smart phone... not that hard)

They still a sleep, and are still dreaming... you'r all shut go do the same;) the dream is better then reality ;P

Maybe you can expound on this post and explain it more thoroughly.

Word of advice to noobs - if you can't say it in 10 lines or less don't bother.
Most won't read it anyway because they will assume you are a wackjob.

Prove me wrong ....

You can't...

Don't need to expound, every one knows what i mean, toughs ho don't, just read the hole tread, and you will see the picture ;S

That's 8 lines one this one, and i am done, don't need 10, but it was essayer to get the point across to bitmine.ch, and to make others realize their panic is un-nessecary, as we all, all ready lost our money on her, even some of the long term members (on this forum) are starting to agree (@ georgem, just to name one).. and i am right, as we are all ready, really close to the 61 day CPP. deadline...

(hope for you that you also ordered at KNC and sold bitcoins at 1000$ as the market is crazing at the moment, so you didn't get all screw'd )

They can just start to send out some real info or miners on time (about 2,5 months ago) and their would be nothing for me to say...'

Enough said...

Keefe

Activity: 681

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:03:43 PM

Antonio finally told me the "agreed ship date" for my order. Ship queue #188 was to be shipped Dec 16. I then asked for further clarification on a few aspects of the CPP, and I'll let you guys know what I learn when he replies again. But I think the extra hashrate isn't added until the 20th day after the agreed day, so the CPP should have said shipments can be up to 19 days late, not 10 days.

mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:12:33 PM

Antonio finally told me the "agreed ship date" for my order. Ship queue #188 was to be shipped Dec 16. I then asked for further clarification on a few aspects of the CPP, and I'll let you guys know what I learn when he replies again. But I think the extra hashrate isn't added until the 20th day after the agreed day, so the CPP should have said shipments can be up to 19 days late, not 10 days.
so what is the new shipping day ?
BuTaJIu4eK

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:26:41 PM

I wish the forum would bring back the newbie post count rule  Roll Eyes

+1

Already working day ends, and video working miner - NO!!  Angry

PS When you begin to take responsibility for their words  Huh
Tegija

Activity: 112

Just Fun!

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:49:58 PM

interesting...
i just called to them and for queue #36x and #36x they don't have exact shipping date yet. only he could say to me is that my orders should be ready in next two weeks.

@ georgem: he said very clear that extra hashing power/units will be counted per order and not total. so per every order you will get extra unit with extra hashing power.

Enjoy your life!
dplusf

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:52:59 PM

two weeks.

two weeks TM
Daveb0

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:31:57 PM

Already working day ends, and video working miner - NO!!  Angry

maybe it ends in your timezone, here in CH we're still working full throttle Smiley     -    apart from visiting this thread from time to time  Grin
And I don't think their working day currently ends at 17:00 anyway...

But yes, there is the chance that they won't post the video today. However "Monday" was never mentioned explicitly. So lets give them more than just 25hours and hope it will be comming soon.
RetroGamer

Activity: 92

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:57:11 PM

interesting...
i just called to them and for queue #36x and #36x they don't have exact shipping date yet. only he could say to me is that my orders should be ready in next two weeks.

@ georgem: he said very clear that extra hashing power/units will be counted per order and not total. so per every order you will get extra unit with extra hashing power.

I had already explained at 05.01.2014 no device before 10/02/2014 !
I have an email from Christian Anselmi shows where clearly
that the production will start on 16/12/2013 .
this calculation is only interesting for december batch:
did you get a mail where your queue for the device is getting ?
not the order number for example, 1845
I have order numbers which should be delivered for my devices and then there were 10 devices a day
for example :
production beginning 16/12/2013
device- number 45-49 are therefore completed on 20.12.2013
+ 10 days for delivery or delay in delivery
the beginning of the customer protection plan 31/12/2013
thus a distortion to date of 40 days or 40 %
the shitty is that they win by the protection plan another 50 days because if 10 % or 50 % , it remains at a hashmodul
for example :
ccd 200 x 10 % = 20 gh / s
ccd 200 x 50 % = 100 gh / s
with a ccd 200 could be 100 days late and it was just a module
and spoke too soon at ccd 1000
ccd 1000 x 50 % = 600 gh / s (ie 3 modules a 200 gh / s) but they are in a new device ccd 600 replenished and when that will be is nowhere where
tranquille

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:17:54 PM

Two weeks in bitcoin or bitmine time?

Both differ vastly from actual, real TIME it seems.
 Wink
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:22:07 PM

Two weeks in bitcoin or bitmine time?

Both differ vastly from actual, real TIME it seems.
 Wink

Two weeks with the TM (trademark) is the known BFL code for delay, this is what he meant  Wink
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 10:40:14 PM

Many people misunderstood this the wrong way for a few weeks.

But ofcourse the CPP is crystalclear, and now we know how to apply it down to the exact day.

It was a misunderstanding on our part, because we listened to much to support's sweet-talk instead of just reading the contract.

Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: