Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:59:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 565016 times)
silver71

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

no avatar for now

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 11:04:20 PM

...since to my calculations this equipment according to current electricity prices can be operational and do what it's intended, for at least 18 months if delivered e.g. in March 2014.

Assumptions of course, given without Turbo, which is curently not reachable goal under present conditions.

There is http://www.bitcoinultra.co.uk/index.html which seems is going to ship 1 or 2 TH units and a new chinese builder with 1 THs units which seem to be ready to be sold.

Now, if either of them is able to sell in quantity, I believe that 18 months is pure optimism.

spiccioli

It's who do you trust...

People with ZERO POUNDS ON THEIR BANK ACCOUNT, or somebody whose share capital is 1 mio CHF ?

http://companycheck.co.uk/director/918234560

smart solutions from Tesla's home country...
Black_ice666

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 11:15:51 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 12:20:53 AM by Black_ice666

can zefir update this forum, please ?
i think you are a part of bitmine...

when did the first desk left the bitmine "factory", an how much a day ?

Folks, please understand: until ~10 days ago I most of all have been a customer like all of you. I have 5k chips ordered for my Zeta.Mining company that were supposed to mine from early January but instead are still sitting in some safe and loosing value by the day - I know exactly how you feel. I already ran into refund window and could ask for refund+10% at any time, but I still think that chips will be profitable if I get them converted to rig soon. That's why I am disappointed to have missed a great opportunity - but I know the worst case outcome will be a +10% ROI.

Also please note: becoming board member did not change anything for me. I am 200km away from Bitmine offices and consequently an SSH tunnel to their network to develop the SW is the only additional link I have. I am not sitting in their offices and aggregating news to update the thread here - nor am I approved to do so. What you can hold me responsible for is the SW, and if you are some DIY developer you already know what you can expect from me.

So in short: you can not expect me to fix what went wrong in the past, whereas you can expect me to work on improvements. I can not promise to succeed, but I promise to do everything I can to reduce the disappointment on your side. I already have some hope-founded reasons to assume that the fear and hate in this thread will not last much longer.

That's for the small talk. Now for the facts.

If I am not mistaking, no products were shipped last week. The plan was like this:
  • German PCB manufacturer sends PCB lot on Wednesday to Italian assembler
  • Italian assembler receives them Thursday and assembles 500 boards till Friday morning
  • Bitmine drives to Italy over night, picks boards up and start product assembly
  • first products ship Friday

Tight, but doable. This is what happened:
  • German PCB manufacturer (who was reliable to the minute before) messed it up and did not ship the PCBs on time
  • Italian assembler cancelled assembly slot

And since we are in Europe and nobody is working after Friday afternoon, a small issue added an effective delay of 3 days.

Now those are the details many are calling for in this thread. But seriously: how does this help waiting customers in any way? All that is important is the fact that shipping did not start as expected. Who cares about the details, they won't change anything, do they?

If they do, I am willing to commit to provide such information on a regular basis. But again I tend to hope the hard times will end soon.

Thanks for update... or something...

Their is a difference in what the reason is... say your late for work (or delivery (cut be at work..) )... their is a difference if your sick / your mom got put in a hospital or your just lazy and cant get your bud out of bed;S
(aka... bitmine fucks up=cant get their bud out off bed/ aka...... PCB delivery fucks up=your mom get put in the hospital)<----- you see the very big differences? ... but now it din't come from bitmine.ch, they say nothing....

That only points to: aka... cant get their bud out off bed....

If they are 3 days delayed be-course of no delivery, (production halted) they shut have no problem finding 10 min to give us a fucking update......

Just saying....

The dead silence from bitmine.ch speaks volume....

And sorry, as you say, your not in the bitmine.ch office, so your words is kinda not god enorf any more when bitmine is silence.... why do bitmine.ch not speak up?

If any other company, ordered something, at another company (or customer order at company ) lets say... 100000 liters of oil/gas (or any other thing) for my gas station (i have had one) to be delivered Friday, so i had stock for the hole weekend.... you can be sure, i pull the company, ho promised to deliver at a specific time, to curt, if they don't call/inform of the delay and give me the option in time to cancel my order for re-ordering in another company so i can survive the coming weekend....

You can say... okay, the truck that deliver, can have a mishap so that it don't get to me, but i would get the info about the crash, and know WHY, i'm loosing money, right away, and compensated Monday or re-deliverer in the weekend on the delivery company's expends (this is what normal happens)...

In any case... no customer, or company, would accept NO-info, at all...

Consider this.... you per-order a new 60" flat screen TV, to be delivered this Thursday, so its ready for your weekend, you take off from work and every thing, to be home for the delivery.... the time goes... no on show up, you paid 10k up-front....

No matter what you say, unless some one call you, and IN-FORMED you that something happen't (like if bitmine.ch made update her... at least every time their is a new delay, or change, or what ever (the video pump'd me for about a day... then i was.... yea, still no shipping news... and are still waiting... ) ) you would be so angry, and you would go to the store, and flame speak them, calling for refund+compensation for your lost time and income....
( I would!! )

Don't say any thing, i know i'm right...

But thanks for the effort...

By the way.... you say you work on the SW part? ..... so your still working on it? which means... its not done yet?

If not (then they don't even have a finish product yet (the video, cut be, any miner running) ) .... please tell when you are.... at least we then have a point in time where we can say... ok now, they at least, can do shipments.... (for legal reference)

If the miner SW is done and ready.... please say so... then we at least know that that wont be and issue (Excuse... ) next week ...

And at least, its an update of some sort....

But really its bitmine.ch their shut come out white a real statement....

The forum her is flaming hot, of confused and disappointet customers, and silence don't help the situation at all...

@ the complains about any one being newbies... well we all have to start at a place... you where also a newbie at one point....

In my case.... i been a reader of this forum for over half a year, but never had a reason to really post something, was happy just following the news, but for me (and i guess for many others) that time is over, and as the info from bitmine.ch drops my impatiens goes up, so now, when their is a problem, and big delays, yes i see a reason now to speak up...

If that's not okay to you "Jr." member (no names) then i think its you ho has a problem and not the newbies (my self included) .... sounds like your on forums way to much and use to have it mostly to your self....

Every one is a newbie in the begining so stop bitching over new comers/newbies.... (if any regulation shut happen it shut be only toughs white a bye orders cut say something, but honestly, i think that's already the case her, if you din't, you whoulden be her in the first place (or whoulden care to bitch about it) )

But what ever.....
Gz^^

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:32:55 AM

http://dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/welding-safety-fail.jpg

.. it looks like one of bitmine's workers is welding A1 chips to hashing card as we speak

Put anything useful. Less bullshit!
vic0

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:34:40 AM

CPP is just a lame, heart- and mindless copy of the HashFast MPP and I think you know how this "protected" anyone. So good luck to you all. Where's nothing left to share, there's nothing left to get.

Bitmine CPP and HashFast MPP are different.

HashFast gives you more hashing power afterwards if you don't break even.
Bitmine gives you one more module if they are late.
There is no guarantee that you will make a profit.

"Protection" is just a name, numbers and terms and conditions are here for you to judge. What's important is that you are ok with it when you order.
If you did some calculation, you would know to what extent it covers delay.

Cheers
computermaster

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:01:39 AM

...since to my calculations this equipment according to current electricity prices can be operational and do what it's intended, for at least 18 months if delivered e.g. in March 2014.

Assumptions of course, given without Turbo, which is curently not reachable goal under present conditions.

There is http://www.bitcoinultra.co.uk/index.html which seems is going to ship 1 or 2 TH units and a new chinese builder with 1 THs units which seem to be ready to be sold.

Now, if either of them is able to sell in quantity, I believe that 18 months is pure optimism.

spiccioli

The truth is that mining was never profitable. Just the raise of the bitcoinprice made it interesting. I have been mining for years and it was a hobby, where i put money inside. But now i have enough money thrue the bitcoin price rise. I am not dependent on the the cash i burned with bitmine. Business is business and its always hard and probably 99% of all pcb & asics projects crash.

People are gambling. They are obsesed by the idea to make profit. Because the bitcoin raised and they are thinking it will raise more. Mining is getting more and more unprofitable, even when the bitcoin will raise more, it will not immediately but by time. Just investing in bitcoin would be more profitable for them. They cant calculate, no one of them can. They just dream about 10.000 Dollar of a btc.

People, realise. You cant take your money out of a company without selling, working product. You can make your "Betreibungsansuchen", but its lost money. Every court will proof, that their did not make any sells and invested all the money they had into the business. You will never see from a failed company more as 30 % of your capital. If you take your money now out, you kill this company. But i know Swisspeople are alot of a**holes, more as even germans - everyone knows.

And bitmine.ch. The latest news!
-Their PCB Desk Design dont work good. Its still an amateur thing right now, because of bad and worser management. Its the same as their communications skills here in the forum.
-No working PCB Design for the RIG. The solution will be designing smaller boards with max. 6 chips and shipping from April on, if they stil can work on this project. Everything is just crazy - its exactly like giorgio.

omehenk

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:11:59 AM

Are there people here who did only buy CHIPS  , ?

Who want to build, the miner like my buddy and me.
How is that working out for u.....

H

georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 05:18:18 AM

But i know Swisspeople are alot of a**holes, more as even germans - everyone knows.

Swiss don't like liars.
They like facts.
They will abandon projects based on wishful thinking, they are not fools.

And bitmine.ch. The latest news!
-Their PCB Desk Design dont work good. Its still an amateur thing right now, because of bad and worser management. Its the same as their communications skills here in the forum.
-No working PCB Design for the RIG. The solution will be designing smaller boards with max. 6 chips and shipping from April on, if they stil can work on this project. Everything is just crazy - its exactly like giorgio.

I agree with that. It looks more and more like we will have to wait until April.

You sound like you know giorgio personally. Talk a little bit more about him...

computermaster

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:24:07 AM

[/quote]

I agree with that. It looks more and more like we will have to wait until April.

You sound like you know giorgio personally. Talk a little bit more about him...
[/quote]

No, i dont in direct line. i would rather not saying anything arkward about him as i said.

In short, as a CEO you have to create scenarios of forthgoing businesses every day. you wake up to make a plan for an alternative of an alternative, because you are a spider on your spidernet.

As an good engeneer you have to pass a high degree. And he is not funny at all, just crazy. Small cap, different league as hashfast or cointerra.

Where was he, when the plans last week failed, was he at the producers plant? I DONT know. But is he a CEO to do that?

computermaster

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:45:30 AM

besides the last week catastrophy and further coming, the good thing is that the produced pcb boards for the RIGS should be ready and shipped in ready-built RIGS something between tomorrow, next week and april. and they hash 300 ghs with 12 chips on board!!
BuTaJIu4eK

Activity: 115

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:50:40 AM

Bitmine pretty words, show your business in action ...
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:12:02 AM

Now those are the details many are calling for in this thread. But seriously: how does this help waiting customers in any way? All that is important is the fact that shipping did not start as expected. Who cares about the details, they won't change anything, do they?

First, Thank you for your report.

Second, even simple service providers like public transport will immediately INFORM the passenger why there is a delay. Even for a 5 min delay.
Those are passengers who pay only a few euros for a ticket and STILL the firm finds it extremely important to IMMEDIATELY inform them about the REASON why there is a delay.

Why bitmine doesn't find it necessary to make this news, I don't understand.

Something like
"Delay for a few days, because of german PCB manufacturer. Because of that italian firm can't do its job. Estimated delay 1 week"

Listen zefir, you really have to stop saying things like "who cares, it won't change anything"...

They let us wait in the rainy dark without umbrella, and they DON'T EXPLAIN WHY!!!

We can wait, if there is a justified reason.
We CAN'T wait without reason.

It's really about making the customers look stupid or not.
Any reasonable business does NOT want to make the customers feel stupid.

That's what this is all about.

"Who cares" is not an answer, it's an offense.

Listen georgem, this is the second time you are turning the meaning of my words into a negative direction. I told and repeat herein: I understand your anger and it is of course justified. But I also see that no matter what I posted so far you picked something from isolated context and turned to sound negative or disrespectful - which by far is exactly the opposite of what it is intended. I would like to remain motivated to communicate here, but if whatever I say worsens the atmosphere, I better stop.

If I write 'who cares' I mean: 'it makes zero difference' - and that is pretty obvious from the context. In essence, if you come late to an appointment, the guy who you kept waiting does not care why you are late - he will note that you were late. Starting to explain why you are won't change anything for the good - you might end up like someone looking for excuses. Same goes here: what difference does it make whether it was the PCB manufacturer or the parcel service? You have a contract with Bitmine and they take the blame. The CPP / refund agreement given in the ToS is exactly meant to quantify the blame.

That is where my 'who cares' came from - I am not hostile or disrespectful to you in any way. Instead please try for a moment to assume that sometimes people act in good faith and with good intentions.

Zefir, correct me if I'm wrong, but English is not your mother tongue?

"Who cares?" in common English usage, pretty much all variants, is pejorative. I didn't take it that way, but I can see where one might.

I actually run into things like this a lot on this forum, where the denizens are from all over the world. It runs from minor things like this to being incomprehensible. I have no skin in this particular game, but I do appreciate your updates. The company I most want to succeed, because they have been good to me personally, is AMT, and they run these chips. So I do have a direct interest if not risk. The FUD is actually kind of entertaining, the delays not so much. I enjoy your posts, and I think everyone watching appreciates the information. The main frustration lies in that we get the best information from a contractor rather than Bitmine themselves. No offense to you whatsoever, and rather an egregious stance from them.

FWIW, I'm American, and my countrymen for the most part have a worse grasp on English than most Europeans. It drives me nuts.
BuTaJIu4eK

Activity: 115

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:05:24 AM

morning, February 12, 2014, I sent an email!

NO ANSWER

when I can demand the return of my money??

How to issue refund my money / BTC?
  At what rate wakes return to BTC???
  Over what period of time will be refunded my money???

P.S. I'd like to call them rude words!!!  Angry
answer

Antonio (Bitmine AG)
Feb 20 10:21

Dear Mr.....,
You will have the right to make a request for refund after the 10nth of March.
The transaction of the refund will completed 1 month after the date of the request.

Thanks
for your interests in our products.

Danke für Ihr Interesse an unseren Produkten.

For any questions don't hesitate to contact us. In the meantime

Für Fragen sind wir jederzeit für Sie da.

Kind regards/MfG

Customer Service
Daveb0

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:55:11 AM

RIGS something between tomorrow, next week and april. and they hash 300 ghs with 12 chips on board!!

Are you sure about the 300GHs? Where did you get this information from?

If I remeber correctly these 12 chips run at 700MHz instead of 800MHz so you would end up with 12 chips delivering about 260GHs. But I might be mistaken.
ujka

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:08:39 AM

RIGS something between tomorrow, next week and april. and they hash 300 ghs with 12 chips on board!!

Are you sure about the 300GHs? Where did you get this information from?

If I remeber correctly these 12 chips run at 700MHz instead of 800MHz so you would end up with 12 chips delivering about 260GHs. But I might be mistaken.
You're right. 12 chips @ 700MHz. But with proper cooling there is better chance to overclock this boards.
tranquille

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:09:47 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 12:26:03 PM by tranquille

Please elaborate on that; is this official information or an educated guess? thanks
psycho-pass

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:11:02 PM

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 12:29:17 PM

FWIW, I'm American, and my countrymen for the most part have a worse grasp on English than most Europeans. It drives me nuts.

lol, I hear you.

A few years ago as a freelancer I had to do a text animation for an american customer....
The customer jokingly complained: "The speed is too quick, most americans don't read so fast"...

Grin

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:34:04 PM

lol, I hear you.

A few years ago as a freelancer I had to do a text animation for an american customer....
The customer jokingly complained: "The speed is too quick, most americans don't read so fast"...

Grin

Or comprehend real good either. I'm not a college educated man, but I can baffle 'em with their own discipline. It's disgusting. And to think this was the country that 150 years ago was the wonder of the world for our literacy Sad

I am homeschooling my children. Even if I weren't an anarchist, our State schools are harmful to the minds of humans.

I suppose I should get back on topic now.

From what I've seen in other threads, the A1 chip is pretty awesome. I really hope Bitmine pulls their heads out and does right by their customers, cuz I want that chip to stay on the market!
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 12:39:33 PM

Or comprehend real good either. I'm not a college educated man, but I can baffle 'em with their own discipline. It's disgusting. And to think this was the country that 150 years ago was the wonder of the world for our literacy Sad

I am homeschooling my children. Even if I weren't an anarchist, our State schools are harmful to the minds of humans.

I suppose I should get back on topic now.

From what I've seen in other threads, the A1 chip is pretty awesome. I really hope Bitmine pulls their heads out and does right by their customers, cuz I want that chip to stay on the market!

I salute you, fellow anarchist... and I too hope that bitmine will work it out somehow.

qwertyqwerty

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:42:58 PM

today I hear a rumor, that Bitmine A1 deritivate, chip rebrand in bulk in China
for now only hearsay. I really hope is not true
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: