Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:09:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 565030 times)
stevebrowne

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:54:01 PM

It's a bit jarring to see 60+ desks going out next week to one customer when we are all waiting for a comment as to what's happening with our orders.  But they might be earlier in the queue. Might.

I think if it is discovered that they have been allowed to simply buy their way in at a late date, then Bitmine as a trusted provider to consumers is history, much like BFL.
Scheffler66719

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:04:24 PM

It's a bit jarring to see 60+ desks going out next week to one customer when we are all waiting for a comment as to what's happening with our orders.  But they might be earlier in the queue. Might.

I think if it is discovered that they have been allowed to simply buy their way in at a late date, then Bitmine as a trusted provider to consumers is history, much like BFL.

https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=PETA
Gz^^

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:15:41 PM

So petamine has already their desks.

http://www.peta-mine.co/petamine-will-deploy-700-ths-or-8-68-ghs-per-share/

the rest goes to the chinese investor or bitMINE mine ;-)

I do not understand BITMINE petamine already with 8 desk and we have cast it problems with the PCB.nos... amazing bitmine does not deserve to join the bitcoin world... what you are doing wrong from avalon... you want only money fooling people with dreams and illusions we carry here months making fools and you q? Are working? Jaaa greetings petamine
stevebrowne

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:16:14 PM

CryptX has also a contract with Bitmine to deliver up to 180 TH/s of their devices of batch 1 early January.
CryptX has a second contract with Bitmine to deliver up to 100 TH/s of their devices for reinvestment purposes at the end of January.

So, 280TH/s owed to PETA hash before we get a look in, really.

That won't affect ROI much, will it... ?  Cry
Min€r

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:12:14 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 05:44:15 AM by Min€r

So Giorgio you scammer - did Petahash ordered Avalon Clones??? ...otherwise we are forced to sue you now.

Where are our machines from the "seperate special delievery queue" for old Avalon Clone clients? ...how can CryptX own now machines from January batch?

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
Finnminer

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:54:27 AM

So someone outside of Bitmine actually has some CoinCrafts? Is there any other proof of this besides the claim by Petahash?
psycho-pass

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:27:52 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 11:18:25 PM by psycho-pass

So Giorgio you scammer - did Petahash ordered Avalon Clones??? ...otherwise we are forced to sue you now.

Where are our machines from the "seperate special delievery queue" for old Avalon Clone clients? ...how can CryptX own now machines from January batch?

annoying bitmine
segaklon

Activity: 246

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:46:19 AM

If all that is true and I do not think it takes more evidence to know that we have all been scammed, I think I'll have to organize very well if we get our miners and our money.
computermaster

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:54:57 AM

So petamine has already their desks.

http://www.peta-mine.co/petamine-will-deploy-700-ths-or-8-68-ghs-per-share/

the rest goes to the chinese investor or bitMINE mine ;-)
CryptX went to that warehouse of bitmine where miners are 'living' Wink and picked up his.

I am sure Bitmine didnt treat this guys good and they run away and Petamine gave them a shelter. poor little miners ;-)
computermaster

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:08:05 AM

As Petamine did not ordered avalon clones, there must be already miners on the way to the customers or Petamine picked them up by themselves (?), somehow, somewhere the miners are living.

Or Petamine has a contract with Bitmine to do the quality check in their testing facility. After they tested the DESKS for some weeks, they will be sent to the customers and petamine will get their RIGS they ordered. That must be. I am happy that my DESK is going to be checked and tested before shipping to me in a month or something ;-)
silver71

Activity: 101

no avatar for now

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 08:51:39 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 12:17:03 PM by silver71

PETA-MINE issue :

It seems they have been silent partner and maybe even idea starters for chip production after Avalon failed.
Remember that to start serious chip production and to win queue position in chip factory, you need to have either cash or connections either both. 1 mio CHF which is seed capital of Bitmine.CH is not enough for this, so it might be that CryptX/Peta-mine provided them with credit for starting of chip production.

Why ?

Peta-mine was based in industrial incubator based in Bruxelles and owned / invested in by GOOGLE.

From their prospectus :
>>>CRYPTX Founded in April 2013, CryptX is a limited company located in Brussels, Belgium.<<
That is, way before Bitmine, but not information given in the prospectus is true, so let's find out what are and which aren't.

First of all, their business plan is based on exchange rate fort BTC of 1000 USD; which is silly.

Now compare the address :
http://www.devfest.be/

What did that tell you ?

CryptX is just a subset of Google ? Maybe. That would be understandable. Since KnC is also building their data center near Google's (what a strange coincidence ?).

If nothing else, this will however mean that A1 chip as designed by Bitmine.CH is indeed the only viable option to bet on, as far as ASIC's are concerned and classify this as not SCAM, but TOP investment company.

What were and are still pending problems ? Not with chips but with PCBs and with final assembly.

CryptX and Peta-mine story started way before Exion formed Bitmine.CH (before Giorgio started this whole thing),
so they might be their first big customer or even finance arm.

Where are they based ?
CRYPTX BVBA
WITTE PATERSSTRAAT 4
ETTERBEEK 1040, Belgium
tel : +32.478806177
fax : +32.38253570

Where is their CEO based ?

JOERI CORNELISSENS
WILRIJKSTRAAT 185
EDEGEM 2650, Belgium

What business directory says about them ?

Généralités
Numéro d'entreprise:   0536.896.285
Date de début:   24 juillet 2013
Dénomination sociale:    CryptX
Dénomination en néerlandais , depuis 23 juillet 2013
Adresse du siège social    Rue des Pères Blancs 4  Plan de ville
1040 Etterbeek
Depuis 23 juillet 2013
Numéro de téléphone:   Pas de données reprises dans la BCE
Numéro de fax:   Pas de données reprises dans la BCE
Adresse e-mail:   Pas de données reprises dans la BCE
Adresse web:   Pas de données reprises dans la BCE
Type d'entreprise:   Personne morale
Statut:   Actif
Forme juridique:   Société privée à responsabilité li

Activités Code Nacebel version 2008*
Activité principale: 62.020 - Conseil informatique
Depuis 23 juillet 2013
Activité secondaire: 43.21102 - Installation de systèmes de télécommunication et installations informatiques
Depuis 23 juillet 2013
Activité secondaire: 46.510 - Commerce de gros d'ordinateurs, d'équipements informatiques périphériques et de logiciels
Depuis 23 juillet 2013
Activité secondaire: 47.41001 - Commerce de détail d'ordinateurs et de logiciels non personnalisés
Depuis 23 juillet 2013
Activité secondaire: 62.02001 - Activités de conseil aux utilisateurs concernant le type et la configuration du matériel informatique et les applications logicielles
Depuis 23 juillet 2013
Activité secondaire: 62.02002 - Activités des intégrateurs de réseaux
Depuis 23 juillet 2013
Activité secondaire: 62.090 - Autres activités informatiques
Depuis 23 juillet 2013
Activité secondaire: 63.110 - Traitement de données, hébergement et activités connexes
Depuis 23 juillet 2013
Activité secondaire: 63.11001 - Traitement en continu ou non de données à l'aide, soit du programme du client, soit d'un programme propre à un constructeur: service de saisie de données, traitement complet de données
Depuis 23 juillet 2013
Activité secondaire: 63.11002 - Gestion et exploitation en continu de matériel informatique appartenant à des tiers
Depuis 23 juillet 2013
Activité secondaire: 63.11011 - Création de banques de données par assemblage et interprétation éventuelle de données provenant d'une ou plusieurs sources: horaires, catalogues industriels, données scientifiques, etc.
Depuis 23 juillet 2013
Activité secondaire: 63.11012 - Stockage de données: préparation d'un enregistrement informatique de ces informations selon une structure prédéterminée
Depuis 23 juillet 2013
Activité secondaire: 63.11013 - Mise à disposition de banques de données : fourniture des données aux utilisateurs (individuels ou groupés), dans un certain ordre ou séquence, par accès direct (on-line) ou extraction
Depuis 23 juillet 2013
Activité secondaire: 70.22001 - Conseils et assistance aux entreprises et aux services publics en matière de planification, d'organisation, de recherche du rendement, de contrôle, d'information du gestion, etc.
Depuis 23 juillet 2013
Activité secondaire: 77.33001 - Location et location-bail de machines et équipements de bureau, sans opérateur: ordinateurs, machines et matériels informatiques, duplicateurs, photocop., machines à écr. et de traitem. de texte, etc.
Depuis 23 juillet 2013
Activité secondaire: 95.11001 - Entretien et réparation d'ordinateurs et de matériel informatique périphérique
Depuis 23 juillet 2013

<<<<

Even though company is actually registered in summer, and not spring 2013 as they say on their web (peta-mine.co), their subsidiary office in Bruxelles is not SCAM, since central bank of Belgium refers to them having normal accounting activity :

>>

Information concernant la personne morale

Numéro d'entreprise:   0536.896.285
Nom:   CryptX
Adresse:    Rue des Pères Blancs  4
BE    1040 BRUXELLES - BRUSSEL
Forme juridique:    Société privée à responsabilité limitée
Situation juridique:    Situation normale

<<

So that's as much as can be given as information about largest Bitmine.CH client in existance, so far.

Who can verify this ?

Users who bought their A1-based rigs from AMT (USA), Sunrise (China), and Technobit (Bulgaria).
If those rigs operate as expected, so the other might. Just relax and be patient.

Those three companies actually make their own PCBs which may give them some advantage, because Bitmine is not producing their PCBs themself and that is the critical problem in this story - so far, because as I saw the talks about this issue, those PCBs are now entering their third improved generation which means previous two generations had failures.

So if you don't trust Bitmine, you can turn to other three companies which buy chips from Bitmine.CH...
The rest are curently just resellers.

smart solutions from Tesla's home country...
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:57:17 AM

Peta-mine is based in industrial incubator based in Bruxelles and owned / invested in by GOOGLE.

Bollocks.

What is true is that Bert of Cryptx planned and probably did go to Switzerland to accept their miners, rather than send them by courier.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:42:56 AM

Peta-mine is based in industrial incubator based in Bruxelles and owned / invested in by GOOGLE.

Bollocks.

What is true is that Bert of Cryptx planned and probably did go to Switzerland to accept their miners, rather than send them by courier.

You seem to be following this whole debacle better than anyone. So, am I right in that so far ONLY Technobit has delivered an A1 based miner? BitcoinUltra claims to have one near the end of development, you and I are both far too familiar with the AMT fiasco, and I hadn't even heard of Sunrise until the last post Tongue

If the above is true, that's a feather in Martin's cap, and a conical cap for Giorgio.
rufu

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:07:47 AM

So if you don't trust Bitmine, you can turn to other three companies which buy chips from Bitmine.CH:

Why should we do so? We have contracts with bitmine, and fullfilled our part of the contract.

For what reason ever, bitmine does not deliver and the information we get from this company are useless, sometimes even wrong.

Fact is: Refund period starts soon.
Do you know, if Bitmine will be able to refund all claims ?
This for me is a more important question than the current (technical) problem bitmine currently has. 
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:10:19 AM

You seem to be following this whole debacle better than anyone. So, am I right in that so far ONLY Technobit has delivered an A1 based miner?

AFAIK, that would have been correct up until a few days ago, Cryptx apparently is in possession of several Bitmine rigs.
Also, nitpicking, but you could argue technobit doesnt deliver miners, just bare boards.

BitcoinUltra claims to have one near the end of development, you and I are both far too familiar with the AMT fiasco, and I hadn't even heard of Sunrise until the last post Tongue

If the above is true, that's a feather in Martin's cap, and a conical cap for Giorgio.

Yep, its impressive what Technobit did, although to be fair, it does appear that Bitmine's problems were a manufacturing/logistics one, not a technical one. They have had a working design for some time, around the same time as technobit IIRC.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:25:09 AM

You seem to be following this whole debacle better than anyone. So, am I right in that so far ONLY Technobit has delivered an A1 based miner?

AFAIK, that would have been correct up until a few days ago, Cryptx apparently is in possession of several Bitmine rigs.
Also, nitpicking, but you could argue technobit doesnt deliver miners, just bare boards.

BitcoinUltra claims to have one near the end of development, you and I are both far too familiar with the AMT fiasco, and I hadn't even heard of Sunrise until the last post Tongue

Yep, its impressive what Technobit did, although to be fair, it does appear that Bitmine's problems were a manufacturing/logistics one, not a technical one. They have had a working design for some time, around the same time as technobit IIRC.

Noted on the Nitpick, though you could pretty much say the same of Bitmain.

It seems to me that Bitmine's biggest problem is the same as AMT's. Lack of good front of the house communication. AMT at least have the excuse of being somewhat amateurs. Bitmine already went 'round once with the whole Avalon disaster. And then played by the same book as Yifu. Doesn't make sense.
silver71

Activity: 101

no avatar for now

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 10:32:39 AM

So if you don't trust Bitmine, you can turn to other three companies which buy chips from Bitmine.CH:

Why should we do so? We have contracts with bitmine, and fullfilled our part of the contract.

For what reason ever, bitmine does not deliver and the information we get from this company are useless, sometimes even wrong.

Fact is: Refund period starts soon.
Do you know, if Bitmine will be able to refund all claims ?
This for me is a more important question than the current (technical) problem bitmine currently has. 

Next time before you order something risky as this, consult with your lawyer first. You accepted the risk, now you can just wait.
There's nothing more you can to, but you can screw people up even more and yourself included by constantly spamming their e-mail and phone, for pure reason you didn't read the contract.

Everybody has delay, nobody has speed of light delivery, unless living near the factory, and even in such case, then there are no PCBs finished it's useless so be patient and don't argue with tech support, before you actually get the rigs. After you get it, you can comment about quality issues, power usage, termal efficiency and so on.

smart solutions from Tesla's home country...
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:25:04 AM

It seems to me that Bitmine's biggest problem is the same as AMT's. Lack of good front of the house communication. AMT at least have the excuse of being somewhat amateurs.

Funny excuse that.

That aside, I dont see too many parallels. I understand Bitmine customers are nervous, but from where I sit, Bitmine delivered a working asic almost on schedule and fully on spec. Almost unheard of in this industry. As for the miners, while they are late, there is a quite decent protection program that should guarantee customers significant higher hashrate or if need be, a 110% refund . Again, thats unheard off in this industry.

AMT otoh, is a shadowy marketeer who Im betting, is just throwing someone else's boards and chips in an overpriced and unsuitable case and sells that along with a pack of lies.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:24:07 PM

It seems to me that Bitmine's biggest problem is the same as AMT's. Lack of good front of the house communication. AMT at least have the excuse of being somewhat amateurs.

Funny excuse that.

That aside, I dont see too many parallels. I understand Bitmine customers are nervous, but from where I sit, Bitmine delivered a working asic almost on schedule and fully on spec. Almost unheard of in this industry. As for the miners, while they are late, there is a quite decent protection program that should guarantee customers significant higher hashrate or if need be, a 110% refund . Again, thats unheard off in this industry.

AMT otoh, is a shadowy marketeer who Im betting, is just throwing someone else's boards and chips in an overpriced and unsuitable case and sells that along with a pack of lies.

Unfortunately, as much as I wished otherwise, I can't disagree with you on AMT. The acute lack of communication on both fronts, however, is not a workable paradigm. Being delayed is nothing new in high tech, though you'd not know it from the fulminations of some of the denizens of this forum. But the opacity? That just don't work.

Not that it's unique to these two entities. It seems damn near a pandemic in the Bitcoin ASIC industry. Make a lot of noise, then shut the fuck up about EVERYTHING, expect the customers (using the term loosely) to wait in the dark until such time as the manufacturer/assembler damn well pleases to say something. Regardless of deadlines, promises, estimations, what have you.

And of course, when called on it, lie. Lie a lot. Then say you weren't lying, or quibble over some small detail like a certain Big Fucking Liar has made a pathetic artform out of.

Or perhaps throw an observer a nice machine and hope they'll stick up for you. (Yeah, self referential, though I'm not the only one). They picked wrong there, in that I fully understand that doing something once is not the same as doing it for production. At the time, I could not have built that machine. I could now, and I could do it in better bulk than they have. In retrospect, I hope that nobody pre ordered on the basis of my experience. I don't like being a pawn. Lesson learned.

I don't understand why these companies, given the EXTREME demand for their product, can't or won't find a group of investors and then sell on hand product. It can't be that difficult, given the damn near guaranteed sale. I'm no expert, but I do know that an ASIC is a relatively simple bit of silicon. They've been around forever. And if I understand how bitcoin works as well as I think I do, then the ASIC involve here is simpler than most. Yet we are all tasked to wait through interminable technical hurdles by alleged professionals. It smells.

From everything I've seen, the A1 is indeed a splendid chip. So at least the engineers know what the hell they're doing. But why the silence from the CEO, or the stubborn refusal to clarify even the simplest parts of their poorly worded TOS? It don't make sense. It tarnishes their reputation, which going into this was pretty good.

Why can an invisible company that came out of left field do these things when a few very ballyhooed companies cannot? (Bitmain vs. Bitmine, Cointerra, Hashfast...?)

I really wish I had access to venture capital. I know engineers that can do this shit. Hell, Micron Technologies is 35 miles from where I sit, and they have excess fabrication capacity right now. This CANNOT be as difficult as they're making it out to be, advanced process node or not. Avalon was a group of students. That should tell us all something.
xray

Activity: 341

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:33:40 PM

Funny excuse that.

on schedule ... you do realize they where to be shipped in DEC almost 2 months ago. look at the loss of BTC from those buyers ...on schedule CRAZY !
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: