Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:20:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS] PhilosopherStone | NoPremine |10 month Dist | 1.6.4.1  (Read 121916 times)
DKdance

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

REAP WHAT YOU SOW I'm a big fish

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:16:08 AM

5 PHS withdrawal worked, but 950 PHS stucked :/
Something like this too. ^^

Only reason we die is because we accept the death I can tr. into French, seriously < 1-12 hours
[PHS] PhilosopherStone | PoS | No Premine | 50% annual
And if we should die tonight then we should all die together.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DKdance

Activity: 168

REAP WHAT YOU SOW I'm a big fish

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:21:24 AM

Only reason we die is because we accept the death I can tr. into French, seriously < 1-12 hours
[PHS] PhilosopherStone | PoS | No Premine | 50% annual
And if we should die tonight then we should all die together.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:31:29 AM

Seems that Cryptsy withdrawal already working, just receive PHS sent several minutes ago.

same. 4 PHS test withdrawal = nearly instant. 2400 PHS withdrawal follow up = into the void. That makes more than 3200 PHS I have just floating around on the interwebz. sigh.

I'm going to pull the plug on craptsy AND phs soon, sick of all the drama. The few PoW loving idiots that mine this thing are destroying the whole coin.
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:46:00 AM

Seems that Cryptsy withdrawal already working, just receive PHS sent several minutes ago.

No idea why withdrawals are working for some, last message I sent was to notify to wait for a hardfork client (no response), this was also confirmed in this thread with a response from cryptsy a day or so later that they would await a new client.

Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:56:39 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 05:24:38 AM by Palmdetroit

PHS Status Update,

PoW mining had been steadily increasing and I wanted to see where it would level off, pow difficulty has stabilized somewhat and stakes and mining are working great. Main issue right now is: getting everyone updated to current 1.5.x chain, so they can get their stakes, which can be helpful with some minor changes that need to be made with PoS only switch. We still have a good deal of old nodes, so will want to give it a few days. Weekends usually are pretty good for updating so we can set up the new client with the switch to POS only in the near future (hardfork 3-7 days after release for 1.6.x) client soon!

For now, I added a non-mandatory incremental update with the unlock for minting only feature, which has been requested a bunch of times. It really doesn't add much security , a real OS compromise would also involve a keylogger , so hopefully this will not give any false sense of security. 'Staking Only'

QT win32 Download
https://sourceforge.net/projects/philosopherstone/files/latest/download
Philosopherstone-1.5.2-win32.zip               87D7D39AF64BF5A39E8D5B8B34AE9156

Sources
https://github.com/philosopherstonecoin/philosopherstone

Fast sync Chain Download
https://sourceforge.net/projects/philosopherstone/files/PHS/OfficialChain/

thanks!

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 01:51:20 AM

Despite being team manager of Mintcoin, I am new to very high stakes. I thought Mintcoin was crazy high with 20%, I now realise this is not the case.

So pardon my ignorance. Why would you invest in Hobonickel if TEKcoin has an even higher interest? Granted, it goes high but it can also go low. And if your goal is not to sell, why does it matter?

If I can choose with my bank, an offer at 10% interest and another at 15% and that both are equally risky (or risk-free), why would I ever consider the 10% (except fear of a scam)

Probably I misunderstand all of this, thank you to clarify.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
mxn

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:28:32 AM

Hi David, funny you post here now, few hours ago i had a look at your recent activity, in order to recommend a friend to buy some Mint, nice to see you active.

Palmdetroit gave me already an interesting answer on this topic:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=292720.msg6174748#msg6174748

Also the price of PHS over month shows the interest of stake is neither the same inflation as we know it or interest of a classic bank, more a kind of hybrid, still hard to imagine and no consensus in all the PoS coins.

It may more personal choice right now, first i judged Mint also as too high, now i feel good with 50% (i am going to donate this interest for others anyway).

I see also Hobo did an interesting way by setting it dynamic, this one, another logarithm or a decision by the community could be the way in a long term (as far i understand palmdetroits statements, the interest can technically changed all the time?).

If you look at the current ammount of BC (75mill) and PHS (2mill), the 50% are a good solution to avoid too many coins at early project phase.

Only broader adoption over time can help us out or a genius economic mind...

solarion

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:44:59 AM

Also the price of PHS over month shows the interest of stake is neither the same inflation as we know it or interest of a classic bank, more a kind of hybrid, still hard to imagine and no consensus in all the PoS coins.

I'd caution you not to read too much into PHS' performance over the last month or so, as there have been problems plaguing it. Cryptsy's seemingly limitless incompetence, the timebomb attack, and pools being forked have held PHS down recently.
mxn

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:16:10 AM

I'd caution you not to read too much into PHS' performance over the last month or so,

True, i was refering more on the months before. The situation on cryptsy seems like a freeze in both directions, selling and buying. There was already a timespace where minters could selling and also in this forum nobody offers to sell too, it is bad with cryptsy, but it could be worst.

solarion

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:20:18 AM

I'd caution you not to read too much into PHS' performance over the last month or so

True, i was refering more on the months before. The situation on cryptsy seems like a freeze in both directions, selling and buying. There was already a timespace where minters could selling and also in this forum nobody offers to sell too, it is bad with cryptsy, but it could be worst.

Sure, they could cryptorush, coinex, or gox everyone. In cryptsy's case I think they're just so busy expanding into new business areas they can't be bothered to maintain the areas they're already in.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:48:32 AM

I'd caution you not to read too much into PHS' performance over the last month or so

Sure, they could cryptorush, coinex, or gox everyone. In cryptsy's case I think they're just so busy expanding into new business areas they can't be bothered to maintain the areas they're already in.

yeh i droped my coisn but topic still shows up.
dont u think this coin just has too many fixes/forks/updates that none exchange can handle it?

yolo
ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:49:03 AM

i confirmed the cryptsy issue, 99.99 stuck, 4.99 made it through.  I'll open a ticket so they can look at it.  Horus said Mullick will need to check the PHS wallet.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
mxn

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:18:55 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2014, 07:03:26 AM by mxn

yeh i droped my coisn but topic still shows up.
dont u think this coin just has too many fixes/forks/updates that none exchange can handle it?

In my opinion it is the opposite, coins without regularly updates are like a garden without gardener.
Updates are on a peak at PHS  and cryptsy has a low doing their work.
I am happy palm is doing so much, 1 or 2 updates where not in usual interval.

Edit: maybe open a PPA for Ubuntu and updating is more easy, i do not know if it would help exchanges, but users for sure. If someone here has experience please help, otherwise i can try to learn how to maintain packages.
mxn

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:01:30 AM

Nice, you listen to stoner rock?

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 09:59:42 AM

Hi David, funny you post here now, few hours ago i had a look at your recent activity, in order to recommend a friend to buy some Mint, nice to see you active.

Palmdetroit gave me already an interesting answer on this topic:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=292720.msg6174748#msg6174748

It may more personal choice right now, first i judged Mint also as too high, now i feel good with 50% (i am going to donate this interest for others anyway).

I see also Hobo did an interesting way by setting it dynamic, this one, another logarithm or a decision by the community could be the way in a long term (as far i understand palmdetroits statements, the interest can technically changed all the time?).

If you look at the current ammount of BC (75mill) and PHS (2mill), the 50% are a good solution to avoid too many coins at early project phase.

Only broader adoption over time can help us out or a genius economic mind...
Thanks for the link and thanks for your encouragement - ATM, I am busy struggling with the French administration regarding the creation of the Mintcoin Fund Smiley.

Now I understand better the idea behind MC2 (unrelated to EMC2), to have a variable interest rate - this is something hobonickel did before.

Still, I can' seen any reason to favour another coin over TEKcoin (please, don't see it as an agression, PHS holders - I am trying to understand.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
scryptographer

Activity: 143

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 10:07:52 AM

Despite being team manager of Mintcoin, I am new to very high stakes. I thought Mintcoin was crazy high with 20%, I now realise this is not the case.

So pardon my ignorance. Why would you invest in Hobonickel if TEKcoin has an even higher interest? Granted, it goes high but it can also go low. And if your goal is not to sell, why does it matter?

If I can choose with my bank, an offer at 10% interest and another at 15% and that both are equally risky (or risk-free), why would I ever consider the 10% (except fear of a scam)

Your assumption is that all coins are equal, and will enjoy same level of adoptation and price development.
As for your bank interest rate parable, you should think of it as depositing money in 2 different countries, each with different inflation levels and economic development.
The fact that TEKcoin has such high level of interest rate means the money supply is going to keep prices down, and potentially 40% return in a month may be offset by a 50% drop in price. Also up till recently TEKcoin development was almost non-existant, that combined with massive inflation built in to the coin made me cautious to invest too much in it.

20% interest rate of MintCoin is crazy high if you compare to most high street brick-and-mortar banks, but cryptocurrency cannot be compared to the physical world, yet. 20% price corrections in a single day is not unheard of, and in that light 20%/year interest rate is not much of a hedge against price fluctuations.

PHS price has been very stable despite the recent issues, and with that in mind 50% APR is a pretty sweet deal.

Just my 2 stones.

Frostbite72

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:45:09 PM

Any updates for those with Mac wallet?

I can't get block chain to fully sync. All my coins go into stake and just sit there, never fully confirming.

roguishur

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:56:34 PM

nice coin Cheesy
zuepfi11

Activity: 128

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:16:15 PM

nice coin Cheesy

yep Smiley
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:22:15 PM

Your assumption is that all coins are equal, and will enjoy same level of adoptation and price development.
As for your bank interest rate parable, you should think of it as depositing money in 2 different countries, each with different inflation levels and economic development.
The fact that TEKcoin has such high level of interest rate means the money supply is going to keep prices down, and potentially 40% return in a month may be offset by a 50% drop in price. Also up till recently TEKcoin development was almost non-existant, that combined with massive inflation built in to the coin made me cautious to invest too much in it.

20% interest rate of MintCoin is crazy high if you compare to most high street brick-and-mortar banks, but cryptocurrency cannot be compared to the physical world, yet. 20% price corrections in a single day is not unheard of, and in that light 20%/year interest rate is not much of a hedge against price fluctuations.

PHS price has been very stable despite the recent issues, and with that in mind 50% APR is a pretty sweet deal.

Just my 2 stones.

I am glad I am not the only person who feels the same way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: