Bitcoin Forum
July 20, 2024, 01:58:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS] PhilosopherStone | NoPremine |10 month Dist | 1.6.4.1  (Read 121920 times)
wishfulthinker

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:17:13 AM

My wallet still isn't syncing, Should i repair wallet?
DKdance

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

REAP WHAT YOU SOW I'm a big fish

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:39:48 AM

I contact palmd, he'll tell you asap. Sure you let it synched ? Ya know sometimes sync is irregular

Only reason we die is because we accept the death I can tr. into French, seriously < 1-12 hours
[PHS] PhilosopherStone | PoS | No Premine | 50% annual
And if we should die tonight then we should all die together.
wishfulthinker

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:25:20 AM

I contact palmd, he'll tell you asap. Sure you let it synched ? Ya know sometimes sync is irregular

Hello DKdance, Thank you very much for contacting him for me.

Yes, I left it on for a long time, after the fork, it staked a few times small amounts of coins, it had a few confirmations, then it stopped syncing. I then updated my current client 1.5.0 to the latest 1.5.1 and that didn't help with the syncing problem.
Then i deleted the old peers.dat file. Updated the *.conf with the latest from http://dns.phstones.com/

still no syncing. It looks like it is trying to sync, the bar is showing but it says late received block 11 hours ago.

Thank you very much for the help.
wishfulthinker

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:31:23 AM

This is what my client looks like and hasn't changed, the block number keeps going up,I guess it's because it isn't downloading the new blocks.
 https://i.imgur.com/hZiIL7S.png
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:46:27 AM

This is what my client looks like and hasn't changed, the block number keeps going up,I guess it's because it isn't downloading the new blocks.

hi,

if you have a backup of the blockchain before the hardfork earlier today you can try to restore that and run 1.5.1 (should just sync). (make sure you always backup wallet.dat)

If not you can also do a new chain download which will take some time, you can keep wallet.dat and philosopherstone.conf files (and use nodes).  I may post an official blockchain file when i get a chance.

wishfulthinker

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:44:44 AM

Hey Palm,

I did what you suggested and used a older blockchain backup, restored that, restarted 1.5.1 and now all of my minted/staked coins are showing up with a ?, before they had 5-10 confirmations each, before the sync problem.

Is there anyway to access the staked coins, or are they lost now?

https://i.imgur.com/it38l4N.png

Thanks Palmdetroit.

Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:49:40 AM

Hey Palm,

I did what you suggested and used a older blockchain backup, restored that, restarted 1.5.1 and now all of my minted/staked coins are showing up with a ?, before they had 5-10 confirmations each, before the sync problem.

Is there anyway to access the staked coins, or are they lost now?

Thanks Palmdetroit.

Great, Always good idea to backup any coins.

They will re-stake on the correct chain, and for larger amounts. You could do a repairwallet to remove orphans (always do backups!)

This issue during hardfork was due to stake difficulty being low during transisition,  it was possible to stake quickly and oprhan/fork off chain until difficulty increased.

wishfulthinker

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:53:33 AM

I just unlocked my wallet and now all of my coins are gone, they are showing in the transactions but not on the main front side of the client.

What should i do now?
wishfulthinker

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:05:00 AM

I just unlocked my wallet and now all of my coins are gone, they are showing in the transactions but not on the main front side of the client.

What should i do now?

Sent you a pm , now you can do the repairwallet.

Sorry about that Palmdetroit, I forgot to check my Private Messages.

I did the repairwallet and everything looks good now. It says you are trying to mint 37 coins, which seems like a lot more than what it said before. So far, It hasn't staked anything.

So what you are saying is, basically if it starts sending a lot of stakes, i should do a walletlock, then move some of my coins to 1 address?

Thank you Palmdetroit

Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:07:51 AM

What should i do now?

Sent you a pm , now you can do the repairwallet.

Sorry about that Palmdetroit, I forgot to check my Private Messages.

I did the repairwallet and everything looks good now. It says staking 37 coins, which seems like a lot more than what it said before. So far, It hasn't staked anything.

So what you are saying is, basically if it starts sending a lot of stakes, i should do a walletlock, then move some of my coins to 1 address?

Thank you Palmdetroit

Usually it's not an issue, but when difficulty is very low and you have many backed up stakes, you can orphan yourself yes. Also make sure to have the correct time on whichever computer you are minting with, this will reduce orphan chance.

wishfulthinker

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:15:06 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 09:11:50 AM by wishfulthinker

Thank you so much Palmdetroit, You're awesome.

*edit* it all worked out perfectly, everything synced, staked and confirmed.

Thanks again Palmdetroit.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:38:40 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 09:19:02 PM by forzendiablo

lets go PHS!

yolo
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:57:44 PM

Cryptsy wallet appears to be down again. I've had a withdrawal that's been missing for 6hrs and a test deposit that's been missing for over an hour now.

PHS needs another exchange. Please vote for PHS every 24 hours at:

https://www.allcrypt.com/voting
paardenkip

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:15:28 PM

I think this is what we need to do:

1. Go to POS only
2. Get this coin on Mintpal

3. Keep a positive vibe around this coin. Don't criticize exchanges or forum users.

CartGeezer

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:16:27 PM

i have to add DKdance is doign really bad job for this coin, u lost many users already due to his stupidity.
also cryptsy admisn are not happy over him.

im sure PHS will loose many more deals due to idiots like DKdance!

Sounds like someone needs to get laid.

Thanks to all working on this project.  v 1.5.1 update was flawless for me, everything working fine!  Just need more Stones Smiley

CURE DEM DMD GPL HBN HYPER KED POT TEK  THC -   I'm such a PoS
CartGeezer

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:17:47 PM

Cryptsy wallet appears to be down again. I've had a withdrawal that's been missing for 6hrs and a test deposit that's been missing for over an hour now.

Cryptsy is slow on many deposits and withdrawals.  Had to wait 24 hours once for a deposit of CASH.

CartGeezer

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:20:17 PM

I only fell into mining last November.  Doing a lot of reading and studying since then, obvoiusly I have much more to learn.

I prefer the POS coins, I think they have the best chance of surviving, especially if miner interest wanes.  The POS should keep the blockchain alive, or am I wr...  wrrr...  mistaken?

solarion

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:29:33 PM

Cryptsy is slow on many deposits and withdrawals.  Had to wait 24 hours once for a deposit of CASH.

Cryptsy techs are dumber than a bag of hammers as far as I can tell, but this missing withdrawal was the last of several such withdrawals in a 3 hour period. The other transactions showed up within minutes, just as they do when cryptsy is functioning normally. The test deposit also missing is further evidence. Cryptsy's PHS wallet is offline once again for one reason or another.
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:37:22 PM

Cryptsy is slow on many deposits and withdrawals.  Had to wait 24 hours once for a deposit of CASH.

Cryptsy techs are dumber than a bag of hammers as far as I can tell, but this missing withdrawal was the last of several such withdrawals in a 3 hour period. The other transactions showed up within minutes, just as they do when cryptsy is functioning normally. The test deposit also missing is further evidence. Cryptsy's PHS wallet is offline once again for one reason or another.

I did some test deposit/withdrawal and was fine after the hardfork, but most recent deposit did not credit (they usually show up in balances pending pretty quick, 1-5 minutes, if they don't their wallet is offline)... I did send a message to do the quick 1.5.1 update, so maybe that is the issue.

In other news, If you can run a synced node for PHS so we make sure everyone gets updated (maybe stop client quick and delete peers.dat, since you may have banned older clients) and restart, we can get old clients updated since they will need the chain after hardfork.

also really don't want to but maybe we need to move a moderated thread  Cheesy

solarion

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:59:31 PM

Cryptsy is slow on many deposits and withdrawals.  Had to wait 24 hours once for a deposit of CASH.

I did some test deposit/withdrawal and was fine after the hardfork, but most recent deposit did not credit (they usually show up in balances pending pretty quick, 1-5 minutes, if they don't their wallet is offline)... I did send a message to do the quick 1.5.1 update, so maybe that is the issue.

In other news, If you can run a synced node for PHS so we make sure everyone gets updated (maybe stop client quick and delete peers.dat, since you may have banned older clients) and restart, we can get old clients updated since they will need the chain after hardfork.

also really don't want to but maybe we need to move a moderated thread  Cheesy

Deleted my peers.dat file and rebuilt philosopherstone.conf with addnodes listed at http://dns.phstones.com/ yesterday. My wallet is online 24/7. Smiley

The moderated thread thing is completely up to you. It's unfortunate a very few poorly behaved individuals make that sort of thing necessary. Coming into someone else's thread, bashing their work, and promoting your own is beyond obnoxiously rude imo. This is an open source environment, not microsoft vs  apple, we all need to co-exist with some semblance of decency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: