Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:41:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS] PhilosopherStone | NoPremine |10 month Dist | 1.6.4.1  (Read 121919 times)
digeros

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:58:37 PM

the diff on this coin is all over the place. It should be smoothed like PPC or something like Kimotos gravity well. I gave up on trying to gpu mine PHS and I just buy it up now. the hash rate swings + the diff swings doesnt really make this coin attractive. Fix the diff and you will see more dedicated miners.
gpu mine PHS??? Solo?? HAHA!  POOL?? MAybe! what?

Go and study up on POS systems to see why PPC is so much smoother in it difficulty swings... All of THIS is CONTROLLED by MATH not by the Creator or any other person or corporation with a market that is open and honest (cryptsy) so if you don't understand the math... shut up until you do. Who said that coins are supposed to make miners money... they are "currency" for exchange of value, if you dont like the volatility go back to FIAT  PS the great advantage of POS Coins is THAT DO NOT REQUIRE POW miner/Whiners to have transactions verified - digeros

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digeros

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:24:21 AM

Shrank these a bit for those with smaller screens

This is the one I like -digeros
CryptoCoinSolutions

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:41:00 AM

We could use more ... feedback on what logos and images we should go with, or actual images to put into client.

A list of sizes, the exact dimensions that are needed for the logo graphics with the targets being nearly the largest required, and the smallest required would be very helpful.

======== LARGE to SMALL (in pixel height and width dimensions) ================

1. Splash graphic for Wallet App
9. System Tray Icon
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:32:12 AM

http://cryptsy.wikidot.com/phs  now has some info on it.

One thing I noticed is that philosopher stone is unclear initially what it is exactly when people might first look at
that page.
What I mean is, that it is unclear that philosopher stone is a coin like bitcoin, and users have to read a bit to try and
learn about PHS first, whereas some of the other coins seem to give a clearer message right away with their name and logo.
Don't get me wrong, I am not negative about PHS, but just noticed this is all, but in fact PHS has pluses that other coins do not have such as a long term POS plan that people may like.

What I think is that PHS may benefit from a logo that makes it clearer right away that it is a crypto-currency somehow, or somehow a coin.

Look at the new netcoin logo, and they had it made by some professional artist.
Maybe PHS might consider getting a pro to make the coin/logo ??
http://oi41.tinypic.com/2akaix.jpg

See how netcoin has literally placed their logo directly onto a coin? That is what PHS might consider doing as well, to make it clearer to people that PHS is a coin or is a crypto-coin.

Yes if you want to describe it for your perspective that might be good. I though we should go with Stones this time not coins - make it a commodity or income producing asset long term, but really the PoS seems too confusing, at least when I try to explain how it works? Name should go with PhilosopherStone to keep it consistent , right now I'm trying to clean up code to all the inconsistencies.

We did get some submissions for Zorro - who did datacoin and others - I will post the images on one of beginning threads to look at- or see here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=292720.msg4318530#msg4318530

digeros

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:50:50 PM

http://cryptsy.wikidot.com/phs  now has some info on it.

One thing I noticed is that philosopher stone is unclear initially what it is exactly when people might first look at
that page.
What I mean is, that it is unclear that philosopher stone is a coin like bitcoin, and users have to read a bit to try and
learn about PHS first, whereas some of the other coins seem to give a clearer message right away with their name and logo.
Don't get me wrong, I am not negative about PHS, but just noticed this is all, but in fact PHS has pluses that other coins do not have such as a long term POS plan that people may like.

What I think is that PHS may benefit from a logo that makes it clearer right away that it is a crypto-currency somehow, or somehow a coin.

Look at the new netcoin logo, and they had it made by some professional artist.
Maybe PHS might consider getting a pro to make the coin/logo ??

See how netcoin has literally placed their logo directly onto a coin? That is what PHS might consider doing as well, to make it clearer to people that PHS is a coin or is a crypto-coin. ( or maybe put the logo onto a rock to be unique, but that will not indicate it is a crypto though ) Smiley

Does PHS have a website of its own?
Quote: Maybe PHS might consider getting a pro to make the coin/logo ??

How about contributing to the DEVELOPMENT and Promotions FUND ( Which are worth about $5 now !!!)  Quit believing that Developers own or Control coins... these are independent creatures (coins) that are unleashed on the world and when they are true fair launch (like PHS) there is no premining to pay for development or web development or a foundation organization.  Palm Detroit has been DONATING HIS TIME & HIS MONEY TO DEVELOP the CODE.  Digeros has been donating his time & money to help with marketing and promotion.

Website: http://philosopherscrypt.com/  (if you dont like it build one yourself) - digeros
slowgin222

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:54:55 PM

http://phstones.com/mobile/zor3.jpg

+1 Looks great. It's good to see people are still working on this coin. I thought it might be dying for awhile based on the website and lack of social media presence. Is anyone working on a facebook/twitter?
digeros

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:28:03 AM

+1 Looks great. It's good to see people are still working on this coin. I thought it might be dying for awhile based on the website and lack of social media presence. Is anyone working on a facebook/twitter?
FB: https://www.facebook.com/philosophers.crypt
twit: https://twitter.com/VoiceofTheCrypt
@VoiceofTheCrypt
hashc

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:57:14 AM

That looks cool, but personally I think it would look better if the octaeder would be more noticeable.
Noob_one

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:41:19 PM

What do you think of this logo?
It is a coin made of stone.

https://i.imgur.com/mehquVO.jpg

rdcpsi

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:17:47 AM

I like the squared circle triangle, over the milky way galaxy type concept.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=292720.msg4318530#msg4318530

+1
Digicoiner

Activity: 310

In Crypto I trust.

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:43:14 AM

This 50% PoS minting seems too good.  Aren't there any drawbacks to such a high mining interest?  What happens to PoS when the limit of coin production is reached?
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:08:13 AM

This 50% PoS minting seems too good.  Aren't there any drawbacks to such a high mining interest?  What happens to PoS when the limit of coin production is reached?

50% is if there is no transactions (ie> losses of fees and coinstakeage), everyone stakes optimally, and other factors, it's really not possible to approach 50%. What the actual % eventually is remains to be seen.

It's much higher on some other coins 100% or even much more. so far it hasn't really been an issue as you can see in current supply after 6+months. There is the potential of heavy transactions taking place sometime in the future resulting in large fee destruction.  You can actually see this happen now on occasion with a large transfer, the money supply actually goes down (if fees >  reward).

As far raising/lowering limits, this can be adjusted with a vote of miners/stakeholders to increase or decrease limits/ or other parameters (sometime in future if need arises). I feel if PHS ever needs a 'fork'' ie adjustment .. it can be decided by super-majority.

Digicoiner

Activity: 310

In Crypto I trust.

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:31:26 AM

50% is if there is no transactions (ie> losses of fees and coinstakeage), everyone stakes optimally, and other factors, it's really not possible to approach 50%. What the actual % eventually is remains to be seen.

It's much higher on some other coins 100% or even much more. so far it hasn't really been an issue as you can see in current supply after 6+months. There is the potential of heavy transactions taking place sometime in the future resulting in large fee destruction.  You can actually see this happen now on occasion with a large transfer, the money supply actually goes down (if fees >  reward).

As far raising/lowering limits, this can be adjusted with a vote of miners/stakeholders to increase or decrease limits/ or other parameters (sometime in future if need arises). I feel if PHS ever needs a 'fork'' ie adjustment .. it can be decided by super-majority.

Thanks for the info. Whch coins offer 100%+ in PoS minting? 

It seems too easy to just invest a lot of money in the coin and sit back and collect new minted coins.  If the market value goes down and stays down then I'm in trouble but it not then I benefit from the minted coins.  In this respect it's similar to some high risk bond or ETF that pays a high percentage but the unit price can fluctuate a lot.

Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:21:01 AM

This 50% PoS minting seems too good.  Aren't there any drawbacks to such a high mining interest?  What happens to PoS when the limit of coin production is reached?

It's much higher on some other coins 100% or even much more. so far it hasn't really been an issue as you can see in current supply after 6+months. There is the potential of heavy transactions taking place sometime in the future resulting in large fee destruction.  You can actually see this happen now on occasion with a large transfer, the money supply actually goes down (if fees >  reward).

It seems too easy to just invest a lot of money in the coin and sit back and collect new minted coins.  If the market value goes down and stays down then I'm in trouble but it not then I benefit from the minted coins.  In this respect it's similar to some high risk bond or ETF that pays a high percentage but the unit price can fluctuate a lot.

Yep, I also forgot to mention that exchanges (and others) usually don't have stake running for obvious reasons, so that's another ~10-20%(perhaps more) of money supply not creating inflation. This is actually likely the biggest offset to the '50%'

Also, if you buy PoS vrs PoW cryptos, you can always just put them in wallet and create stakes if market goes the wrong way for you, and wait it out or just have a steady income every 5-10 days(PHS) to sell off (or compound). And yes its very similar and i suspect many use the stake return for a steady income. You might want to start small to see how it works in real-time (or use testnet which is hundreds of times faster) .

WalkerLi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

hello world, hello crypto

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:17:18 AM

This 50% PoS minting seems too good.  Aren't there any drawbacks to such a high mining interest?  What happens to PoS when the limit of coin production is reached?

It's much higher on some other coins 100% or even much more. so far it hasn't really been an issue as you can see in current supply after 6+months. There is the potential of heavy transactions taking place sometime in the future resulting in large fee destruction.  You can actually see this happen now on occasion with a large transfer, the money supply actually goes down (if fees >  reward).

It seems too easy to just invest a lot of money in the coin and sit back and collect new minted coins.  If the market value goes down and stays down then I'm in trouble but it not then I benefit from the minted coins.  In this respect it's similar to some high risk bond or ETF that pays a high percentage but the unit price can fluctuate a lot.

Yep, I also forgot to mention that exchanges (and others) usually don't have stake running for obvious reasons, so that's another ~10-20%(perhaps more) of money supply not creating inflation. This is actually likely the biggest offset to the '50%'

Also, if you buy PoS vrs PoW cryptos, you can always just put them in wallet and create stakes if market goes the wrong way for you, and wait it out or just have a steady income every 5-10 days(PHS) to sell off (or compound). And yes its very similar and i suspect many use the stake return for a steady income. You might want to start small to see how it works in real-time (or use testnet which is hundreds of times faster) .

I have some PHS in wallet since Jan 7th, but still can't get the pos reward, why?

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:20:19 AM

I have some PHS in wallet since Jan 7th, but still can't get the pos reward, why?

wallet encrypted?

WalkerLi

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:21:44 AM

wallet encrypted?

No

Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:26:30 AM

Did you send any coins out of the wallet since then?, or done any transfers (this can reset them), also did you set reserve balance option?

If  no on these , Pm me What version + trans# or address, if possible..

Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:47:30 AM

Is there a client for Mac?
WalkerLi

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:56:12 AM

Did you send any coins out of the wallet since then?, or done any transfers (this can reset them), also did you set reserve balance option?

If  no on these , Pm me What version + trans# or address, if possible..

I have 1060 coins ago, and transferred out 1K days ago, leave 60 coin in my wallet, these 60 coin's age has been reset 0 too? I think I don't move them in the whole period, why their age reset with the 1K coin?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: