Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:21:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS] PhilosopherStone | NoPremine |10 month Dist | 1.6.4.1  (Read 121919 times)
XenInvestments

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 10:37:37 AM

One basic thing mentioned to me in a PM.. the Name.. It was suggested to stick with "PhilosopherStone" as the main , consistent name, and 'stones' for the units. (not Philosopher's Stones,. etc). If anyone agrees or disagrees with this, post, I will most likely change all names to PhilosoperStone and 'stones' as units for consistency.

I agree with this suggestion--PhilosopherStone sounds better (less awkward), and makes more sense to me logically: i.e. - you mine PhilosopherStone, and you produce/trade 'stones.'
Jahno

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:38:13 PM

Can't get the confirmation email so I can't withdraw anything. Some help would be nice! Cheesy
bdc2343

Activity: 296

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:05:03 AM

http://www.followthecoin.com/the-secret-to-increasing-the-value-of-your-coin/

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
CoinCrab

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:38:14 AM

I'm really only here for this project, I've registered at a few sites & I'll trade, mine , & buy some coins but the ONLY reason I'm poking around at BCT at all is for this project.

Do 'we' have a facebook presence?
I'm willing to change my cover photo, hell I'm willing to change my profile pic, I'll tweet about this, I'll tell friends IRL whatever I can do.

I had some trouble unlockinng my wallet earlier and I'm thrilled to report that the quotes work!!

Wish I saw this quoted post earlier, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=292720.msg4380568#msg4380568

Had to find it on my own, didn't know it was moved to the front, that's helpful ^_^ I'm just thrilled I got it unlocked, now I need to be sure I can mint.  Grin
jadagles

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:26:24 AM

Hi people, I'm new here so I want to know how to get started, tl;dr the whole topic can anyone get me the basics and tell me how to start and everything. I'm currently downloading the blockchain. Hope to here from you soon. Ty
ArpFlush

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:15:24 AM

Wouldn't Philosopher Stones fit in the "Savings" niche? After all, they generate about 50% extra yearly, don't they? Or do I have this wrong?

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
sinnyc

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:00:52 PM

Hey guys let me know if this helps??

Step 1:  Open your wallet
Step 2:  At the top you will see an option:  Help
Step 3:  Click Console tab.  Then at bottom of that screen, type in help
Step 4:  You will see a list of commands the program can receive for your wallet, near the bottom of the list, notice the walletpassphrase command syntax.
Step 5:  where you typed in help, type in:  walletpassphrase yourwalletpassword 9999999 true.  yourwalletpassword is the encryped password you gave your wallet.
Step 6:  Notice your wallet lock should now be unlocked (lower right corner).  Also, I think the code now perform auto minting when the wallet is unlocked when you pass the true variable.
Step 7:  When you want to lock your wallet, type in walletlock.

Please let me know if this helps.  I also struggled for days trying to figure this out.  I work with programmers every day and know how they think, they sometimes have a manual command line way to perform certain functions.  I'm glad this version has the console command line configured in.

bdc2343   Smiley

I'm looking for more comprehensive info on minting PHS.  I've looked at the above post but I have a few questions.
- If I haven't encrypted my wallet will my Stones automatically convert to POS?
- If not, what do I have to do?
- Once I have stones minted, what happens when if I spend some or add more to my wallet - do I have to wait the 5 - 15 days again?

Thanks in advance.

Noob_one

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:38:40 PM

Cry  Embarrassed   Huh
PLEASE HELP ME
I have some really BIG trouble with my wallet synchronization to the network although I have between 2 and 7 active connections (before the synchronization problems I had usually 12 active connections).
The lastest block I could get is block 142515.
For several weeks I was using wallet version 1.3.0 (Linux compiled from source) without any problems but since yesterday the synchronization to the network does not work and the remaining block count is increasing and increasing.

But the worst thing is that 60% of all my stones moved already into "stake".

In order to find the reason for the synchronization problem I moved/saved my "/.Philosopherstone/" directory to a different directory and when I restarted my wallet a new empty "/.Philosopherstone/" directory was created. The synchronization with this fresh directory was finished successfully after a few hours and during the blockchain download I had 16 active connections. But when I copy my saved wallet.dat to this new directory all my stones in "stake" disappeared!

For not losing more stones I set "reservebalance=" to a higher value then my current balance.
But the "reservebalance=" option seems not to work, too because right after this setting a new incoming POS transaction moved some more stones into "stake".  Angry

An update to wallet version 1.3.3 did not help. I have the same synchronization problem and my stones are still in "stake".
Thanks for your help in advance.
therealbigcoin

Activity: 729
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:50:19 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 10:29:08 AM by therealbigcoin

wuhuu got my first stake +1,5 stones Smiley

If you need some Webdessign im familiar with creating websites or objects in photoshop.

Im thinking of an rotating 3D Object gif for embedding online.

Greetings
ArpFlush

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:05:33 PM

wuhuu got my first stake +1,5 stones Smiley

If you neew some Webdessign im familiar with creating websites or objects in photoshop.

Im thinking of an rotating 3D Object gif for embedding online.

Greetings

Yeah, got mine too. I like this   Tongue

Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:16:51 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 09:30:37 PM by Palmdetroit

Step 1:  Open your wallet
Step 2:  At the top you will see an option:  Help
Step 3:  Click Console tab.  Then at bottom of that screen, type in help
Step 4:  You will see a list of commands the program can receive for your wallet, near the bottom of the list, notice the walletpassphrase command syntax.
Step 5:  where you typed in help, type in:  walletpassphrase yourwalletpassword 9999999 true.  yourwalletpassword is the encryped password you gave your wallet.
Step 6:  Notice your wallet lock should now be unlocked (lower right corner).  Also, I think the code now perform auto minting when the wallet is unlocked when you pass the true variable.
Step 7:  When you want to lock your wallet, type in walletlock.

Please let me know if this helps.  I also struggled for days trying to figure this out.  I work with programmers every day and know how they think, they sometimes have a manual command line way to perform certain functions.  I'm glad this version has the console command line configured in.

bdc2343   Smiley

I'm looking for more comprehensive info on minting PHS.  I've looked at the above post but I have a few questions.
- Once I have stones minted, what happens when if I spend some or add more to my wallet - do I have to wait the 5 - 15 days again?

Thanks in advance.

HI,

-yes
-nothing!
-an example: If you have an input of 100PHS and you send 50 then stake resets on all 100, so it's usually best to send PHS after they stake, to maximize return. And yep, after 5-15 days they will stake again +  stake on the stake (dust) too.

Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:25:31 PM

Cry  Embarrassed   Huh
PLEASE HELP ME
I have some really BIG trouble with my wallet synchronization to the network although I have between 2 and 7 active connections (before the synchronization problems I had usually 12 active connections).
For several weeks I was using wallet version 1.3.0 (Linux compiled from source) without any problems but since yesterday the synchronization to the network does not work and the remaining block count is increasing and increasing.

In order to find the reason for the synchronization problem I moved/saved my "/.Philosopherstone/" directory to a different directory and when I restarted my wallet a new empty "/.Philosopherstone/" directory was created. The synchronization with this fresh directory was finished successfully after a few hours and during the blockchain download I had 16 active connections. But when I copy my saved wallet.dat to this new directory all my stones in "stake" disappeared!

For not losing more stones I set "reservebalance=" to a higher value then my current balance.
But the "reservebalance=" option seems not to work, too because right after this setting a new incoming POS transaction moved some more stones into "stake".  Angry

An update to wallet version 1.3.3 did not help. I have the same synchronization problem and my stones are still in "stake".

hi,

The stake field just shows the PHS being held for 50 blocks after a stake.  If you have 100 PHS and they stake they will show up int he stake field. After 50 blocks this amount will return to your balance. To shut off stake you can use the reserve balance OR just lock the wallet. There is no way stake will generate when locked.
  It looks like you did the right procedure, I would check the Address you received PHS with on the explorer to see if the stakes showing in wallet are in the chain (stake generates to same address you originally received stones).  If so, you may want to backup your current wallet and try using an older one to see if this cleans up (with fully synced chain). This assumes you didn't modify the client or have a bad compile too.

If new POS is showing up with reserve balance  > actual balance than my first guess is you are not synced and it's catching up with what you already staked.

Hope this helps.

sinnyc

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:58:11 PM

Step 1:  Open your wallet
Step 2:  At the top you will see an option:  Help
Step 3:  Click Console tab.  Then at bottom of that screen, type in help
Step 4:  You will see a list of commands the program can receive for your wallet, near the bottom of the list, notice the walletpassphrase command syntax.
Step 5:  where you typed in help, type in:  walletpassphrase yourwalletpassword 9999999 true.  yourwalletpassword is the encryped password you gave your wallet.
Step 6:  Notice your wallet lock should now be unlocked (lower right corner).  Also, I think the code now perform auto minting when the wallet is unlocked when you pass the true variable.
Step 7:  When you want to lock your wallet, type in walletlock.

Please let me know if this helps.  I also struggled for days trying to figure this out.  I work with programmers every day and know how they think, they sometimes have a manual command line way to perform certain functions.  I'm glad this version has the console command line configured in.

bdc2343   Smiley

I'm looking for more comprehensive info on minting PHS.  I've looked at the above post but I have a few questions.

Thanks in advance.

HI,

-yes
-nothing!
-an example: If you have an input of 100PHS and you send 50 then stake resets on all 100, so it's usually best to send PHS after they stake, to maximize return. And yep, after 5-15 days they will stake again +  stake on the stake (dust) too.

Thanks for the answer.  Just to clarify, if the stake resets after any coins leave the wallet, would it be smart to have 2 wallets - one in which I leave the coins to stake "permanently" and one in which I keep Stones I may be sending/spending?

Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:16:55 PM

Thanks for the answer.  Just to clarify, if the stake resets after any coins leave the wallet, would it be smart to have 2 wallets - one in which I leave the coins to stake "permanently" and one in which I keep Stones I may be sending/spending?

Np, you can do this, but the stake only resets on the input used when sending. For example: if you have 20 inputs for 100 PHS each and then send 100 it only resets on those 100, not the entire wallet.

I added in some newer features which can help too,

Code:
getmininginfo

In debug console (QT) (help>debug>console) To see the current (weights) of your PHS, Stakereadystones also tells you how many stones could potentially be staked right now (or lost if you send all PHS).

Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:39:14 PM

Idea here,

I think it would be a really good idea to get PHS on one of the Satoshi Dice type sites, or anything similar really.  If you use one of these sites maybe ask them to add PHS, which is actually quite easy for them.  This would increases transactions and we could all have some fun, too.  If need be maybe a trusted user can begin a bounty to get PHS listed on one of these sites as well.

Also if you are somewhat technical/developer, you could create a similar site (or app?) fairly easy.

ArpFlush

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:27:07 AM

Idea here,

I think it would be a really good idea to get PHS on one of the Satoshi Dice type sites, or anything similar really.  If you use one of these sites maybe ask them to add PHS, which is actually quite easy for them.  This would increases transactions and we could all have some fun, too.  If need be maybe a trusted user can begin a bounty to get PHS listed on one of these sites as well.

Also if you are somewhat technical/developer, you could create a similar site (or app?) fairly easy.

I'm gonna write an article in Dutch about PHS, just because I love this crypto  Grin  so all tips about items that I must mention are welcome.
This article will be posted at www.cryptoland.be  - fairly new site, still working on a new template too.

therealbigcoin

Activity: 729
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:37:33 AM

Maybe we should invest in some SEO tweaking because if you search on google for Philosopher stones you see nothing than Harry Potter ^^

Also the Website design doesn't look very legit .

So again: I have webmaster experience and if u need some help i would help you Wink

Im maybe a small holder with 70 PHS but  i like this Stones so much more than all this shit-coins popping up.
ArpFlush

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:44:51 AM

Maybe we should invest in some SEO tweaking because if you search on google for Philosopher stones you see nothing than Harry Potter ^^

Also the Website design doesn't look very legit .

So again: I have webmaster experience and if u need some help i would help you Wink

Im maybe a small holder with 70 PHS but  i like this Stones so much more than all this shit-coins popping up.

True, I do SEO so I can you with this  Wink but bear in mind that mr Potter is a hell of a tough competitor when you're talking about SEO....maybe there's a spell for that  Grin

Noob_one

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:36:35 PM

Cry  Embarrassed   Huh
PLEASE HELP ME

But the "reservebalance=" option seems not to work, too because right after this setting a new incoming POS transaction moved some more stones into "stake".  Angry

hi,

The stake field just shows the PHS being held for 50 blocks after a stake.  If you have 100 PHS and they stake they will show up int he stake field. After 50 blocks this amount will return to your balance. To shut off stake you can use the reserve balance OR just lock the wallet. There is no way stake will generate when locked.
  It looks like you did the right procedure, I would check the Address you received PHS with on the explorer to see if the stakes showing in wallet are in the chain (stake generates to same address you originally received stones).  If so, you may want to backup your current wallet and try using an older one to see if this cleans up (with fully synced chain). This assumes you didn't modify the client or have a bad compile too.

If new POS is showing up with reserve balance  > actual balance than my first guess is you are not synced and it's catching up with what you already staked.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your answer.
I followed your advise and checked the blockchain for the transaction id shown in the transaction details of the "Mined"-POS transactions of my wallet. I was surprised that I could not find the transaction ids of the partly confirmed "Mined"-POS-transactions. The transaction id of the first unfinished POS-transaction was
65a66608d304fa65453296c786df6da110bb4feeba07b678519b4a35bbd5d7f8
I guess this means my 1281.800 PHS in the stake are really lost. Cry

In order to clarify what really happed, here is the history of my expensive experience:

1. I used the wallet without any problems on 29.01.14 (last successful transaction id aa32aa0c78d72f190880a3ecd4d623a32ea9e551ceab0dc9e4fcb81f78daf0ac 29.01.14 20:40 [see transaction list below])

2. I opened the wallet on 30.01.14 at round about 19:00 o'clock in the evening and the synchronization begun but the synchronization was very slowly. Before the synchronization was finished (latest block 142515 with blockdate 30.01.14 08:48o'clock) I got the first two incoming "Mined"-POS-transactions at 21:00 o'clock.

3. I recognized that the synchronization has stopped completely at block 142515 but I got 33 and 34 confirmations for the first two "Mined"-POS-transactions. (this was a little bit strange for me)

4. Between 30.01.14 21:00o'clock and 31.01.14 18:01.14 I got 34 "Mined"-POS-transactions in total and 1281.800 PHS were moved into stake. (By the way I have 26 receive addresses with stones)

I guess the reason for this bug is that the wallet is NOT locked for minting (incoming POS-transactions) until the synchronization is finished.

Could anyone fix this critical bug before even more users lose their stones?

Until this bug is fixed I would suggest everyone to disable the POS-functionality by increasing the "reservebalance=" to a value higher than your current balance or to encrypt your wallet (locked for minting).

https://i.imgur.com/MkLFip6.png

https://i.imgur.com/60TNhQl.png

sinnyc

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:21:45 PM

Np, you can do this, but the stake only resets on the input used when sending. For example: if you have 20 inputs for 100 PHS each and then send 100 it only resets on those 100, not the entire wallet.

I added in some newer features which can help too,

Code:
getmininginfo

In debug console (QT) (help>debug>console) To see the current (weights) of your PHS, Stakereadystones also tells you how many stones could potentially be staked right now (or lost if you send all PHS).

Excellent.  Thanks for the very informative answer.  It took me a while but I get it now Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: