Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:37:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS] PhilosopherStone | NoPremine |10 month Dist | 1.6.4.1  (Read 121919 times)
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:45:22 AM

Wallet will not sync.

Of the 40+ stones I mined with a GPU rig, only 21 remain. It seems that coins get "magically" subtracted from my wallet.

I'm getting "interest" payments sent to my wallet every hour, app hung, rebooted, restarted wallet, won't sync.

I think this coin is officially destroyed. Nice try though.

Excuse yourself.. but this coin is going to blossom soon.. quite the opposite of being destroyed.. If your experiences are true than i apologize and suggest that you always backup your wallet and keep it updated. If your trolling, then troll else where please.

It is possible for stones to 'disappear' temporarily when making a stake, they are temporary removed form balance (for about 2 hours waiting for confirms) and show up under stake then are returned to balance with the new 'interest' payment they generated. In this case it sounds like you are staking yourself and not synced. To resolve, stop client, backup data directory,dl newest client(with connectivity patch),delete the peers file and try to restart the new client and wait for sync. If still no sync (after some time). then close client delete all files but wallet.dat and philosopherstone.conf and restart newest client for a fresh sync.

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:51:47 AM

Hi All,

Tell me what's so cool about this coin and why I should mine it. I have 10MH available.

Let me know.

The proof-of-stake benefit is considerable if you hold your stones. Accumulate enough stake and you can reap (POS 'mint') new coins faster than you could POW mine them. Less volatile than many cryptos as there is less dumping (likely due to the inducement to keep one's stake). In essence, a stabilizing factor is inherent in the very design of the coin. This is an intelligent coin. Not another copy-and-paste litecoin knock-off. Nor is it a coin with gargantuan block rewards flooding the crypto ecosystem with a gazillion meaningless new trash-coins worth microscopic fractions of a penny each. That may be exciting for noobs, but it gets old fast. So it's a coin worth mining, and I'd also recommend buying outright. Sell off your crappy coins and move into quality. Really, this and Vertcoin are about the only two I can take seriously (barring Litecoin and BTC, of course).

Thx

It is like peercoin then.

I was thinking what's stopping someone from making super POS coin that would generate 2000%  or more per year. Why not?

because your coin would soon have little worth....even 50% year is very high if PHS grew really big they would probably reduce it a little bit.  PHS is a good coin get a few k, it's fun watching the pos come in. Load your wallet from the exchange every day with a bit... it's nice to see the pos coming every day.

cents was 1000% every 10days... that killed the coin.

PHS has about 1.74 million in money supply, compare this to QRK with 256 million, USD with 400 trillion, or some other with many billions, trillions, or BTC (12mil) LTC(25mil). PHS will not inflate by 50% simply because of lost coins and users not staking and of course exchanges, pools, etc who never stake and hold large %s of total supply. Unlike these other coins mentioned PHS is not controlled by miners but by minters who are more then welcome to change this specification at a later date if they so choose as well.

And don't take my word for it, simply look at previous days on explorer to see how many PHS get minted every day- the blockchain is open for all to see.

Molitor

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:27:57 PM

Hi All,

Tell me what's so cool about this coin and why I should mine it. I have 10MH available.

Let me know.

The proof-of-stake benefit is considerable if you hold your stones. Accumulate enough stake and you can reap (POS 'mint') new coins faster than you could POW mine them. Less volatile than many cryptos as there is less dumping (likely due to the inducement to keep one's stake). In essence, a stabilizing factor is inherent in the very design of the coin. This is an intelligent coin. Not another copy-and-paste litecoin knock-off. Nor is it a coin with gargantuan block rewards flooding the crypto ecosystem with a gazillion meaningless new trash-coins worth microscopic fractions of a penny each. That may be exciting for noobs, but it gets old fast. So it's a coin worth mining, and I'd also recommend buying outright. Sell off your crappy coins and move into quality. Really, this and Vertcoin are about the only two I can take seriously (barring Litecoin and BTC, of course).

Thx

It is like peercoin then.

I was thinking what's stopping someone from making super POS coin that would generate 2000%  or more per year. Why not?

Interest rates over 100% compound exponentially. Hold ten coins at 2000% interest, compounded monthly, and at the end of one year you have 1.3 million coins. At the end of two years the coin becomes self-aware.

CryptoCoinSolutions

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:18:16 AM

Wallet will not sync.

Of the 40+ stones I mined with a GPU rig, only 21 remain. It seems that coins get "magically" subtracted from my wallet.

I'm getting "interest" payments sent to my wallet every hour, app hung, rebooted, restarted wallet, won't sync.

Alarmed by your post, I fired up my wallet, checked balance, synced. All my thousands of stones were there intact, app is fine, sync was smooth and quick. Not sure what is the cause of your problem, but to immediately conclude that it is a system-wide failure of the coin - that strikes me a bit overblown. Check more deeply on the home-front before making global assumptions. Re-install with latest wallet upgrade, take a chill pill.

So you have no solution except to say that YOUR shit is ok. I'm fifty years old. I've been an information technology professional for almost twenty years. My shit NOT ok, bro. I've been following this coin very, very closely, and it is fucked up.
Molitor

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:40:51 AM

Wallet will not sync.

Alarmed by your post, I fired up my wallet, checked balance, synced. All my thousands of stones were there intact, app is fine, sync was smooth and quick. Not sure what is the cause of your problem, but to immediately conclude that it is a system-wide failure of the coin - that strikes me a bit overblown. Check more deeply on the home-front before making global assumptions. Re-install with latest wallet upgrade, take a chill pill.

So you have no solution except to say that YOUR shit is ok. I'm fifty years old. I've been an information technology professional for almost twenty years. My shit NOT ok, bro. I've been following this coin very, very closely, and it is fucked up.

If you're sincerely seeking help, you need to supply more information than the wallet won't sync therefore the coin is destroyed.

The wallet takes a while to download the blockchain, but I've done it a couple of times in the past few days in VMs and haven't encountered any problems. That doesn't mean you're not having problems, but if the problems were widespread, there would likely be more complaints.  Your "subtracted" stones might simply be because you don't understand how PoS and the blockchain works. Again, any widespread "subtraction" of coins would likely be reported.

Jabulon

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 05:10:51 AM

Wallet will not sync.

It could be different things and I don't doubt you are having a problem. As mentioned in another reply, stones do 'disappear' temporarily when making a stake, being subtracted from your balance until confirms finish, though showing up under 'stake' in the meantime. Perhaps that's it, in which case it will (would have already) self-corrected assuming your are getting synced. Or maybe your wallet got buggered locally in some way, but you can probably reconstitute it with a new install and file backups from the previous one (which hopefully you have). If the coin itself had gone awry, this would be known and they'd already be worth penguins. It does occasionally happen that a POS payout arrives but does not confirm. Don't believe that's the root of your problem, but may be worth mentioning since it is a potential source of confusion.

Visit NightBark Music, home of the BlackCoin Music Video! https://www.youtube.com/user/nightbarkmusic
atletiaficionado

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:36:19 PM

Wallet will not sync.

Actually no... This is one of the few very solid coins... sorry you are having trouble, but you are the only one which makes you seem like someone trying to spread fear and lies.
parsec

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:45:33 PM

Wallet will not sync.

It works, I had the same problem yesterday, wallet won't synch so I updated the client to latest version and after I downloaded the whole blockchain the wallet showed 0.00 PHS. If you were minting your client possibly forked because of not synching well.

So what i did is:
1. stop the wallet
2. BACKUP wallet.dat
3. delete the blockchain and peers.dat (if you forked and don't delete the blockchain the wallet may get stuck during synch with latest wallet, at least that's what happened to me)
4. add in the .conf the nodes taken from http://dns.phstones.com/
5. start wallet
6. go to debug console and send commands:
   . repairwallet
   . checkwallet
7. wait the blockchain download to complete

After download of blockchain completes you should see your stones back.
Anyway you can check in the explorer that your stone are still there.
BTW some minted block might be rejected (i got many of them rejected).
forcefedvr6

Activity: 101

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:43:58 PM

I just upgraded following the instructions in the first post and it went smoothly. 

I'm always nervous dealing with wallets but this seemed to go ok. 

Promethium

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:38:09 AM

Why is no one mining on http://phs.cryptcoins.net?
hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:29:42 AM

I have mined several PhilosopherStones. After 20 pages I still don't get the whole stake thing. I get the interest rate and that I may need to wait 15 days to get any interest but no one has explained in clear simple language:

1) What is the Balance ?
2) What exactly is the Stake ?
3) How exactly does 1) relate to 2) ?
4) Is the total stones in your wallet = STAKE + BALANCE ?
5) What happens with interest on mined stones, exchange bought stones & interest on interest received ?

Thanks for the clarification.
chris_m

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:59:36 AM

any giveaways?
mightymouse

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:31:26 PM

I bought some PHS on Cryptsy.  Does "interest" generate if I leave the coins on the exchange?  Or do I need to download them to a local wallet?

Thanks!
forcefedvr6

Activity: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:35:32 PM

I bought some PHS on Cryptsy.  Does "interest" generate if I leave the coins on the exchange?  Or do I need to download them to a local wallet?

Thanks!

You need to DL them to your local wallet.
PhoneBloks

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:25:43 AM

I bought some PHS on Cryptsy.  Does "interest" generate if I leave the coins on the exchange?  Or do I need to download them to a local wallet?

Thanks!

this is how stake works Wink dont worry you will get 50 % yearly interest if you keep your PHS in your wallet. Just go to cryptsy and buy was much as possible Cheesy

Check PHS price for last 1- 2 months. There was big price fall of every coin including btc, ltc and almost every alt-coin ... but price of PHS is very steady .. + every owner has 50 % yearly interest ... its worth investing a few Usd into it, isnt it ? Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Jabulon

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 12:29:38 PM

And a simple way: (this can be risky since password is kept in history - but if you must:)

Step 1:  Open your wallet
Step 2:  At the top you will see an option:  Help
Step 3:  Click Console tab.  Then at bottom of that screen, type in help
Step 4:  You will see a list of commands the program can receive for your wallet, near the bottom of the list, notice the walletpassphrase command syntax.
Step 5:  where you typed in help, type in:  walletpassphrase yourwalletpassword 9999999 true.  yourwalletpassword is the encryped password you gave your wallet.
Step 6:  Notice your wallet lock should now be unlocked (lower right corner).  Also, I think the code now perform auto minting when the wallet is unlocked when you pass the true variable.
Step 7:  When you want to lock your wallet, type in walletlock.

[/quote]

Security questions regarding the 'simple way' PoS minting approach:

1) You mention that the is risk due to password remaining in history. Is this only the case until you clear the console, or does it 'stick' somewhere, risking exposure?

2) When you have unlocked the wallet (and let's assume the wallet is encrypted in this example), is it, during the time it remains unlocked, vulnerable to hacking/unauthorized withdrawal of coins?

Please advise.

Visit NightBark Music, home of the BlackCoin Music Video! https://www.youtube.com/user/nightbarkmusic
therealbigcoin

Activity: 729
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:27:22 PM

I have mined several PhilosopherStones. After 20 pages I still don't get the whole stake thing. I get the interest rate and that I may need to wait 15 days to get any interest but no one has explained in clear simple language:

1) What is the Balance ?
2) What exactly is the Stake ?
3) How exactly does 1) relate to 2) ?
4) Is the total stones in your wallet = STAKE + BALANCE ?
5) What happens with interest on mined stones, exchange bought stones & interest on interest received ?

Thanks for the clarification.

1. The balance is your money. If you hold it around 15 days you have enough coinage to do the "stake".
2. If you unlocked your wallet for "minting" as described in top of this page, your stones go into the "stake field" and remain unusuable in the network to verify transactions. This is the POS.
3. I hope its clear now.
4. Yess
5. All stones are the same. They produce coinage since stored in the wallet. Every Transaktion of stones destroy the coinage of this coins. So buy on the market and transfer it to your wallet fast Wink

Greetings
atletiaficionado

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:02:59 PM

we got a little rally going on Crypsty!! woo hoo!!
atletiaficionado

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:44:58 AM

Little rally turned into a major rally! almost 40% today!! 3rd highest on Coinmarketcap, so freaking happy. a great coin getting what it deserves
Jabulon

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 04:08:36 AM

Little rally turned into a major rally! almost 40% today!! 3rd highest on Coinmarketcap, so freaking happy. a great coin getting what it deserves

It may be getting a boost from Blackcoin's explosive launch. PoS hybrid may be the next craze. Would not displease me in the least.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: