Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:52:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS] PhilosopherStone | NoPremine |10 month Dist | 1.6.4.1  (Read 121919 times)
rdcpsi

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 12:05:19 AM

first 2 show up for me, last 2 , not so much.  So will wait on response from cryptsy

Exactly. Which would tend to imply that Cryptsy are probably out on their own fork... just have to wait and see. 
xavenged

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 06:01:01 AM

I opened a support ticket today and this is the response I received from cryptsy..

"We are currently working on the PHs wallet. We appear to have gotten on a forked blockchain and  have not had much luck getting back. We did find a working block explorer and hope to have it resolved today

Happy trading!"

Looks like I am glad to have dumped this crap coin while I could..
hawas

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:51:48 PM

I opened a support ticket today and this is the response I received from cryptsy..

"We are currently working on the PHs wallet. We appear to have gotten on a forked blockchain and  have not had much luck getting back. We did find a working block explorer and hope to have it resolved today

Happy trading!"

To find yourself in a forked chain is not so much your fault Smiley
I blame them for slow response though, and for not checking regularly.
digeros

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 03:24:50 PM

"We are currently working on the PHs wallet. We appear to have gotten on a forked blockchain and  have not had much luck getting back. We did find a working block explorer and hope to have it resolved today

Happy trading!"

To find yourself in a forked chain is not so much your fault Smiley
I blame them for slow response though, and for not checking regularly.

I'm not sure, never had these issues, well not since the good ole days of a hundred forks... but still with the updated code forking should not really be possible, even more odd is they seem to be the only one on that fork (no other reports) I am still waiting on a response to see what in fact has transpired so we can prevent it of course form ever happening again, I guess with such a huge amount of stake generations that could of caused some major client bloating... but this is of course speculation without information.

My last good transaction (with cryptsy) was 10/15 anyone have anything good after that date, or better yet after the halving ?

i also have opened a ticket with Cryptsy Sad  the last good trans i got from them is this one:

Date: 10/21/2013 15:03
To: 9psbdyb9PBWRX3ZjhzuniMqmTByaqubB9E (own address, label: CryptsyOut)
Credit: 5372.99 PHS
Net amount: +5372.99 PHS
Transaction ID: 4cd42b4f54123cc3f3a34ff8306e39b922e77af251e63fe66b500613728cdffb

Blockcrawler shows that trans correctly. - digeros

never had a problem with trans between my own wallets, lightning fast and sure.  

Do you think that cryptsy is allowing people to generate POS stakes on their servers wallets?Huh That could create all sorts of micro transaction traffic that the EXCHANGE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO SUPPORT and runs the risk of creating a powerful "Island of HASH" that could create an isolated fork!!!   IMHO -digeros
rdcpsi

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 10:22:02 AM

Looks like Cryptsy are back on track. Deposits and withdrawals now working.
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 11:16:31 PM

My test deposit showed up  Grin

digeros

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:15:31 AM

My test deposit showed up  Grin

Yes, Cryptsy Seems to be up again.  Palm is there any way to get a gauge on the POS hash-rate for the PHS network or does anything like that even exist???  I notice that the POW hashrate is lower but transactions are as fast as ever.  Can you explain how POS relates to network hashrate?  tanks  -digeros
rdcpsi

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:51:48 PM

Block explorer http://coin-base.net/philosopherstone_blockcrawler/index.php
Seems to have been down or more precisely, not displaying any useful information, for several days now.
digeros

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 04:34:12 AM

Palmdetroit, when POW mining almost run its course what you planning to do with 50% of pos-mining? no economy will sustain 50% annual inflation...
That is ACTUALLY Mathematically WRONG because that would require that NO TRANSACTIONS OCCUR AT ALL, thus allowing ALL COINS to develop full Coin-age creating 50% inflation of the number of coins, which if distributed across the network (ie. held widely / democratically distributed vs. being issued by one issuer).  So, transactions create a deflationary force counteracting this POS coin creation.  PHS really needs more transactions, one of the quick ways to get more people interested in PHS would be for authors on REDDIT.COM to start accepting PHS.  - digeros

Yes this is quite right. Every time there is a transaction there is a loss of stake in some form, also people who log on once a month or less to generate stake , never update stake, lost coins,and some others, you would never see 50% inflation. The more transactions the less stake generation.

Although inflation will still be 'high' to some, don't forget PHS will generate 33% or less coins from mining as originally intended as this is a huge offset to inflation.

Also remember bitcoin, for example, had high coin inflation it's second year, which was offset by adoption and coin use. (there's more examples such as litecoin)

Long term offsets could include destruction of fees or any number of other ways, but honestly the coin will sink or swim long term, if there is demand in the coin price will overcome even the 'on paper' inflation rates.

Speaking of site adoption... I would love to see some sites add some games of chance using PHS...

Which Sites Should I contact... I am not A GAMBLER more of a Systems Geek but I can write an MBA letter like Fashizzle ma brizzile. so Tell me who to contact... - digeros
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:19:24 PM

Seems the github doesn't have the latest wallet update? Or am I missing something.
digeros

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 04:41:25 AM

PHS Profitable to POW mine again...

$ 29.89 / DAY  We wish...

Philosopherstone (PHS) Crypto Currency
Philosopherstone (PHS)
Block Reward: 32.00
Blocks: 89,819
Block Time: 2.00 minute(s)
Scrypt   
1,961.3835 /
0.00001889 (Cryptsy)
109,056.64    $31.33 /
$29.89    26.99   
3,741.80 %  /  173.23 %

-digeros
digeros

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:12:21 PM

PHS Profitable to POW mine again...

$ 29.89 / DAY  We wish...

Philosopherstone (PHS) Crypto Currency
Philosopherstone (PHS)
Block Reward: 32.00
Blocks: 89,819
Block Time: 2.00 minute(s)
Scrypt   
1,961.3835 /
0.00001889 (Cryptsy)
109,056.64    $31.33 /
$29.89    26.99   
3,741.80 %  /  173.23 %

-digeros

Good to see miners getting paid, rising tide lifts all ships
Amazing!!!  I can still find SOLO BLOCKS... NICE and I love the POS system - seems to really support SUPER FAST transactions and the GOLDDUST IS NICE.  -digeros
hawas

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:50:41 AM

And for linux users?
No need for it, or no support?

Thanks
digeros

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:54:46 AM

Added a high performance client for windows.  

For some windows users who have accumulated many stake transactions you may notice the cpu running high/100%. This could cause problems with the client in a situation with large amounts of dust/older wallets. This should speed things up and bring down processor usage. Will only work on non-legacy machines, I may release a more optimized one for newer machines if the need arises.

"PHS_Qt_HP125a.zip"

https://sourceforge.net/projects/philosopherstone/files/PHS/

I have dust on dust trans in my PHS wallet & it seems to be running at only 15% of CPU...

i  will give it a try...

Is anyone interested in possible crowd-funding a website for PhilosopherStone... don't we kind of need a website???

-digeros

PS now I will check what other wallets do to CPU Demand... thanks for the tech idea...
digeros

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:03:50 AM

Stakeholder Value;Sate of the coin

Currently we have 1.423 million Philosopherstones in existence, this is well below original intentions , and has also greatly lowered the risk of inflation. This is caused by the move to mostly PoS blocks, crowding out larger PoW blocks/miners. Of course, PoS blocks are much cheaper/easier to generate, and PoS is doing its job with energy conservation.

With the recent QRK run (with 256million coins,  mining reward halving every 3 weeks) I was wanting some feedback from stake holders on possibilities of lowering long-term inflation, maybe slowly lowering stake reward over time, as 50% yearly might be a hindrance to store of value and current price.  We could half the stake reward every year, 50%..25%..12.5%, ect (never 0 to cover transaction cost).

Idea: Every 4 times the PoW reward drops in half (yearly), we could also cut the PoS reward in half. We could begin at the 4th PoW halving, which would still allow time for early mass distribution of coins, while also increasing store of value and reducing long-term inflation. We could also leave it as is and see what happens.

Other quick ideas to lower inflation...We could also double fees and destroy half+, or make a use for the PHS messaging feature (add text/urls/torrents/small data). (digeros )

Let me know concerns/thoughts on the matter here or in PM. or If you have other suggestions to promote PHS or improve on the protocol

I think it's also time to begin looking for some more developers to get involved with PHS , and at the minimum to work on a new web presence and promotions.

well my .02 phs's

Is that a PHilosopher's Two Cents?  haha

Seriously, I think that we should leave the coin the way it is and figure out a way to increase transactions on the network  - yes i like the idea of using the messaging service on transactions ESPECIALLY if we can get the messages encrypted with something like PGP and store the messages in a separate but parallel blockchain ( thus not necessary for users only interested in currency feature and reducing the blockchain problem of storing extra data in the blockchain -->  BlockChain Bloat.  IMHO
-digeros
hawas

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:02:36 AM

And for linux users?
No need for it, or no support?

Thanks

Going to be working on clients for everybody, along with the HP variant.  If you have this problem can you pm me more details?

I don't have a problem, but my wallet is fairly new. That's why I was asking if the problem is Win specific, or a linux / generic version will be made Smiley
sheinsha

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:29:03 AM

What was exactly the modifications made to that optimised windows wallet?
I can try and make the same mods for linux, as most of the pools (if not all) use.

Minar.cc pools are not running anymore, the domain was registered by someone else and I don't have any relationship with the new owner.
digeros

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:50:38 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 06:09:59 AM by digeros

Stakeholder Value;Sate of the coin

Currently we have 1.423 million Philosopherstones in existence, this is well below original intentions , and has also greatly lowered the risk of inflation. This is caused by the move to mostly PoS blocks, crowding out larger PoW blocks/miners. Of course, PoS blocks are much cheaper/easier to generate, and PoS is doing its job with energy conservation.

With the recent QRK run (with 256million coins,  mining reward halving every 3 weeks) I was wanting some feedback from stake holders on possibilities of lowering long-term inflation, maybe slowly lowering stake reward over time, as 50% yearly might be a hindrance to store of value and current price.  We could half the stake reward every year, 50%..25%..12.5%, ect (never 0 to cover transaction cost).

Idea: Every 4 times the PoW reward drops in half (yearly), we could also cut the PoS reward in half. We could begin at the 4th PoW halving, which would still allow time for early mass distribution of coins, while also increasing store of value and reducing long-term inflation. We could also leave it as is and see what happens.

Other quick ideas to lower inflation...We could also double fees and destroy half+, or make a use for the PHS messaging feature (add text/urls/torrents/small data). (digeros )

Let me know concerns/thoughts on the matter here or in PM. or If you have other suggestions to promote PHS or improve on the protocol

I think it's also time to begin looking for some more developers to get involved with PHS , and at the minimum to work on a new web presence and promotions.

well my .02 phs's

Is that a PHilosopher's Two Cents?  haha

Seriously, I think that we should leave the coin the way it is and figure out a way to increase transactions on the network  - yes i like the idea of using the messaging service on transactions ESPECIALLY if we can get the messages encrypted with something like PGP and store the messages in a separate but parallel blockchain ( thus not necessary for users only interested in currency feature and reducing the blockchain problem of storing extra data in the blockchain -->  BlockChain Bloat.  IMHO
-digeros

50% inflation is fine for the first year or 3 - long term think about how inflationary that could be.... Also look at the coins at the end of their mining... new cyrpto blood likes coins with low/no production rates. Blockchain bloat is very easily solved with a fee and also don't forget PoS generation on all nodes makes the users benefit($)from hosting data in the chain.

In 3 YEARS!!! that won't be "new crypto blood" that will "late to the plate" morons --- PHS can build blocks and confirm transactions WITHOUT POW MINERS if I am not mistaken - is this right???  - digeros

PS Remember to LIKE us on FACEBOOK at https://www.facebook.com/philosophers.crypt
BobNash

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:21:48 PM

Hai

Can someone tell me where is the big pool for PHS?

I use minar when network hashrate below 100k + minar over 20-30k.
But every 1-2 h network hashrate goin up to 250+ k and destroying minars efficiency => ppls leaving and the few remaining like solomining with 0 efficiency
digeros

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:56:00 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 04:15:08 PM by digeros

Hai

Can someone tell me where is the big pool for PHS?

I use minar when network hashrate below 100k + minar over 20-30k.
But every 1-2 h network hashrate goin up to 250+ k and destroying minars efficiency => ppls leaving and the few remaining like solomining with 0 efficiency
PHS is starting to pass the point where you can solo mine it. try loadbalancing in cgminer between a pool and your solo mining wallet on your local machine and you will be playing the lottto for solo blocks in addition to getting some hash(reduced by hash given to localhost) at a pool also.

POOL NEWS -  phs.minar.cc is the best PHS pool and Sheinsha will be updating the interface which should improve data and speed.
new client for large stake holders to reduce CPU demand - thanks Palm  please post link again.

FACE BOOK PAGE - Remember to like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/philosophers.crypt

Web Site in Development - coming soon  

go and check out CoinPayment.net for alt coin services and PLEASE HELP PHS...
     help us by writing to Mr.Data at CoinPayment.net about adding payment services for PHS
    (so we can get this coin off the ground...)
----
"from CoinPayments.net
 If it does get added, it will be supported by all of our plugins and services, and we're
usually glad to make new plugins, etc., if they are requested.

-MrData"

- digeros
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: