Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:54:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Rewards: Sell immediately or HODL?  (Read 7097 times)
k-west

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:23:35 PM

Usually I hold,waiting for the first big pump and when it goes ×10 and more I sell half of my tokens,and another half I leave for a long-term like 6-12 months to see what will happen then.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:26:32 PM

What iam doing is to look at the prospect of the coin I have and decide which to hold and which one to sell off immediately. When I check the total coin created and what value in circulation , then i make my decision. Once the value in circulation is less than the half of the value of the total volume  then i will hold that coin because it will grow.
CryptoTrip

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:42:44 PM

This is a very interesting question. Some people sell half, and half Hodl. In fact, this is one of the most difficult moments when you need to sell. If a good price and you are satisfied, then you can sell immediately. Also, you can wait for the first pump. And if you believe in the development of the project, then of course only HODL

tarangogu

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:49:26 PM

I have joined bounty campaign for a year and I haven't found  an answer to your question yet Smiley What I do is that; I sell Airdrops and the other bounty campaigns whose value is under hundered dolars  immediately and I sell coins that have the potential of increasing when they are  listed in big exchange except from etherdelta.
dasha_buka

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:03:15 PM

I study the projects in which they participate the bounty , if the project is interesting and worthwhile I'll hold to the good X , when it will be released on a popular exchange and then sell
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 08:51:43 PM

my strategy is to sell 30% when  make 2x
30% when make  3x
40%- hodl
there is no point in selling everything at once
hiddenmist

Activity: 199

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:00:53 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##
Other bounty hunters are doing campaign to earn money for their daily living. There are some who are afraid that the coin they earn might go down in value so they sell it after the campaign.

nik9990

Activity: 616

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:05:59 PM

I have not sold a single coin yet, while I'm holding them, I want to see what will happen to them in the near future

Tinna25

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:09:29 PM

if it was me, I would hold the coin first, because most of what happens after the bounty distribution is the coin is going down, as many of the bounty hunters are selling their coins
so I sold it when I reached the target on myself, at least the price on the ICO coin
mikfresh

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:38:46 PM

This is an interesting topic. Since i have few money the one thing i'm considering to do is hold 60% of the tokens earned, sell the other part. A fraction of that 60% it's highly likeable that i will trade it for a solid coin like ETH or NEO, just to be sure that those gains won't be wasted if the price drops.
sclmte

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:04:22 PM

Truly a big price dip may happen when bounty rewards will be distributed because some of us are selling their coins in low price that may cause of dumping it. Not bad if we sell it immediately if the price are good, holding it for awhile may also beneficial cause of possibilities that it will grow.   
cryptogirlboss

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:27:21 PM

Depends on the project, the more serious team the more I dont ell..but usually I hold!!! it takes long time for a project to grow (Ethereum about 2-3 years) so it doesn’t make sense to sell now to me!
cpoer2011

Activity: 560
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:55:31 PM
Merited by aussiesloth (1)

From my experiences I always HODL all my bounty rewards not selling it because with hold it we help the token (coin) to rise up. If we sold it so we help dumper to make the price goes down. If we want to sell it don't sell it all just sell it a few of it. I did it and I am still holding mine because the project of the token is still continue on the right track and always on schedule as the roadmap they got. So my suggestion is don't sell your bounty rewards immediately because you will not get any potential profit from it, just hodl it for a while to see the progress project (for example new exchanges, tesnet etc.) and you will get your potential profit from it. With hold it you have became an investor for the project.
HashieNewb

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:21:34 PM

Depends on the project, the more serious team the more I dont ell..but usually I hold!!! it takes long time for a project to grow (Ethereum about 2-3 years) so it doesn’t make sense to sell now to me!
Most people would want to hold the coins because they usually get  a higher price a month or so after listings.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
BeEvil

Activity: 406
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:41:44 PM

I think that under the current situation in the market, it makes no sense to sell tokens obtained from campaigns. Earn a penny.
Nagrogflaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:03:06 AM

getting a coin from a bounty gift is an investment that will not get our money losses because the coins we get with just our effort and holding it to wait for the price to go up is a good thing

mokong11

Activity: 187
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:19:04 AM

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

If you asking me about that I will HODL it before I sell it to exchanger because every token that we received in every bounty that we join have a small value at first when it listed on exchanger but when a couple of time comes like a month after we received our token the price the value of its token will pumps up so thats the better time to sell it for good oppurtunity of big profit.
kemet jr

Activity: 154

Sapien.Network-Beta Platform is Live

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:23:39 AM

I hold, through experience, the value of the tokens, though not all, will rise on time. So profitability wise, it is best just to hold and sell when the company has stabilized. It is also a big help for the company if there's no dumping of tokens. Other's can't be blame for their actions though but I wish they can be more participative rather than being self-centered.

UchihaRukawa

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:35:04 AM

Ive been doing bounties around for a while now, and I really see bounty hunters just rushing to sell their tokens, and they end up very happy because they earned money that they have never earned in their day jobs, but that happiness is just for a while, because the ones that really makes it big, are the ones that are holding their tokens, lets say they hold thier tokens even for a year, the value of the coins that where sold by the weakhands was nothing compared to the value of those who held on to their tokens. The weakhands sold theirs at the price of $0.00025, while the ones who holds, sold theirs at $50 worth at the same amount of token.

shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:49:31 AM

I hold, through experience, the value of the tokens, though not all, will rise on time. So profitability wise, it is best just to hold and sell when the company has stabilized. It is also a big help for the company if there's no dumping of tokens. Other's can't be blame for their actions though but I wish they can be more participative rather than being self-centered.

But sometimes it better to sell quickly your token reward because most project tht have no real product became a shitcoin and the value down to zero or low price but as of now I'm holding all my bounty reward waiting to increase the price and when that time comes I will sell my bounty reward to gain a profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: