Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:35:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet  (Read 586110 times)
Hawkix

Activity: 531
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 05:55:25 AM

Specifying own change address equal to adding this address as additional destination to the transaction. Well, you need to calculate the remaining amount (this could be done by Mycelium anyway).

Donations: 1Hawkix7GHym6SM98ii5vSHHShA3FUgpV6
http://btcportal.net/ - All about Bitcoin - coming soon!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:15:21 AM

After LocalTrader, our next big project will be HD wallets, so all of these issues will be taken care of automatically, with new change addresses generated every time.

Please consider leaving an option for the user to select his own change address. I like to generate my own private keys offline and track them on multiple apps.

HD Wallets are fine but I'm hoping not to be locked-in to using HD generated addresses exclusively.
we are not 100% sure how HD will be implemented, but the general idea is that it should become easier, for the user, as much as possible. is there a good reason for manually specifying a change address?
Jan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:38:57 PM

Change is always returned to whichever address you have selected as your default at the time

That pretty much answers every question I had and resolves pretty much all of my issues as well.  If you just keep an empty address as the default it appears you are good to go.

This is a great wallet.  Thanks.
Not 100% correct.

Change always flows back the the address that contributed the most input. So if you have two unspent outputs on two different addresses and make a transaction that spends both outputs, then any change goes to the address that provided the most input.

So why is that?
If someone convinces you to import a private key that he also controls, then you will only send change back to it if it is the largest contributor. This way you never risk someone giving you a private key with 0.0001 and you send change back to it > 0.0001.

For cold storage spending (the trivial case where there is only one address in play) it means that it always goes back to the cold storage address.

Once we get to HD wallets we will have
1. Spending from HD wallet - change always flows to a new address
2. Spending from cold storage - change always flow back to your paper wallet
3. Spending from 'classic' addresses (the ones we have now)- change always flows back to the address that provided the most input.
(2 and 3 follow the same rules actually)

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
ffe

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:01:35 PM

After LocalTrader, our next big project will be HD wallets, so all of these issues will be taken care of automatically, with new change addresses generated every time.

Please consider leaving an option for the user to select his own change address. I like to generate my own private keys offline and track them on multiple apps.

HD Wallets are fine but I'm hoping not to be locked-in to using HD generated addresses exclusively.
we are not 100% sure how HD will be implemented, but the general idea is that it should become easier, for the user, as much as possible. is there a good reason for manually specifying a change address?

Today my Mycelium app has _ONLY_ private keys that I have personally generated offline and added to Mycelium. Change will therefore only go back to one of my generated-addresses. I want that and like that. I know how my keys were generated and monitor them outside of Mycelium.

My preference is to know each address that holds my coins. I can easily monitor them individually in multiple tools including simple web links to Blockchain. If I can still operate this way after the introduction of HD Wallets then I'm happy. If I can't operate this way after HD Wallets because Mycelium insists on internally generating new change addresses and using them then I will feel that the level of control that Mycelium gives me is broken. It will become difficult to track my coins.

I know Mycelium will make it easy etc. etc. but by nature I prefer to be the one responsible for my keys.
ffe

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:05:11 PM

2. Spending from cold storage - change always flow back to your paper wallet
3. Spending from 'classic' addresses (the ones we have now)- change always flows back to the address that provided the most input.
(2 and 3 follow the same rules actually)

+1     Thanks!
birr

Activity: 867
Merit: 584

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:24:09 AM

I don't think I see an answer to this question--

Is it possible to transfer your trader profile and reputation to another address?  
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:05:51 AM

I don't think I see an answer to this question--

Is it possible to transfer your trader profile and reputation to another address?  
You cannot change the local trader address associated with a trader account.
The encrypted trade history of your account can only be decrypted with the private key of the address the trader account is associated with.

birr

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:05:23 PM

The encrypted trade history of your account can only be decrypted with the private key of the address the trader account is associated with.

In the wallet, one has the advanced options, beyond making all transactions on a single address.

As you continue developing mycelium's capabilities, do you foresee enabling more advanced functionality in local trader?

I aspire to building a reputation as a trader, and I wish to make many transactions in the coming years.  Making all the transactions at the same address brings up privacy concerns.

As you work to integrate HD in the wallet, in the same vein, please consider making improvements in the flexiblity of local trader; perhaps syncing local trader with the main wallet's HD, for example.
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:19:40 PM

In the wallet, one has the advanced options, beyond making all transactions on a single address.

As you continue developing mycelium's capabilities, do you foresee enabling more advanced functionality in local trader?

I aspire to building a reputation as a trader, and I wish to make many transactions in the coming years.  Making all the transactions at the same address brings up privacy concerns.

As you work to integrate HD in the wallet, in the same vein, please consider making improvements in the flexiblity of local trader; perhaps syncing local trader with the main wallet's HD, for example.

The thing that makes the Local Trader address special is that its private key is used for authentication purposes (using bitcoin message signing) and for encrypting the communication with the peer you trade with (using an Elleptic Curve Diffie Hellman variant + AES & HMAC).
The address you send from or receive with depends on the currently selected address just when you send / receive funds with the wallet. So the transactions used for trading only occur with the local trader access if this is where you store your coins. You can even put the local trader address in your archive.

Once we get to HD nothing will change from a Local Trader perspective, it just uses the wallet you have with its current settings. If it happens to be a HD wallet then it will use new addresses for receiving coins and change.

Hope this clarifies Smiley

birr

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:44:10 PM

The address you send from or receive with depends on the currently selected address just when you send / receive funds with the wallet. So the transactions used for trading only occur with the local trader access address if this is where you store your coins. You can even put the local trader address in your archive.

Hope this clarifies Smiley
OK, so you can use addresses in local trader other than the address whose key is associated with the local trader account?  If so, my concerns were misplaced.
mr_john

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:00:01 AM

OK, so you can use addresses in local trader other than the address whose key is associated with the local trader account?  If so, my concerns were misplaced.
Yes, you can perfectly use a single address only for login at local trader (this is the one which is associated with your username) and never have any Bitcoins on it.  Smiley You can send and receive from other addresses in your wallet.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 04:59:35 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 05:21:31 PM by Rassah

With Buy Ads, Mycelium Local Trader Becomes a Fully Functional Exchange

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/13079/buy-ads-mycelium-local-trader-becomes-fully-functional-exchange/

Also:

Congrats to the developer team!
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:36:00 AM

Congrats to the developer team!

yes, congratulations. It's well deserved. Rassah, you're doing a great job interfacing with the community all over the place, too.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 09:53:48 AM

Congratulations. The price is well deserved. You all are doing a great job and I am expecting a lot of awesomeness in the future. Grin

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 07:01:29 PM

Congratulations. The price is well deserved. You all are doing a great job and I am expecting a lot of awesomeness in the future. Grin

It's been all software awesomness to this point. Just wait till we get the hardware awesomness out  Cool
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:34:00 PM

It's been all software awesomness to this point. Just wait till we get the hardware awesomness out  Cool

Waiting since 2012.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 08:36:50 PM

Did I miss something? Do you need to confess something, hmm?

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 02:07:33 AM

http://bitcoincard.org/
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 05:06:37 AM

http://bitcoincard.org/
Hmmm, I heard about that. Wasn't that project stuck because of financial stuff?

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:55:59 AM

Hmmm, I heard about that. Wasn't that project stuck because of financial stuff?

From the Trezor thread:
BitcoinCard (Mycelium) never took preorders, and never will. The delay reasons are "still looking for hardware advanced enough to fulfill our vision" rather than "had trouble with cases." What Mycelium is making is way more complex, but there is finally a finish line in sight... [...]

I also recall a post from Jan, saying something to that effect. Can't find it right now though.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: