Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:48:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786832 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 05:51:52 PM

Something I need clearing up is: I paid 50% for an x3... When is the remaining payment expected??

Before shipment.
PEC07

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 06:29:42 PM

Looks like I got to wait until Monday to go to the bank again. The weekend service center agents don't have enough authority to help me but they will be able to with the staff in person on Monday. Bobsag3 I don't know how else to put it but I've already asked four or five times on separate occasions for your fax and phone number so when I go to the bank we can get this resolved I've been trying to order since December 4th my money is still missing. I understand maybe the bank Is to blame in the missing money but I'm a customer and I really need your help. I don't see what the problem is when you said yourself you requested for Black arrow to put your new number on their site but they just haven't yet.
thomas_s

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 06:43:20 PM

Looks like I got to wait until Monday to go to the bank again. The weekend service center agents don't have enough authority to help me but they will be able to with the staff in person on Monday. Bobsag3 I don't know how else to put it but I've already asked four or five times on separate occasions for your fax and phone number so when I go to the bank we can get this resolved I've been trying to order since December 4th my money is still missing. I understand maybe the bank Is to blame in the missing money but I'm a customer and I really need your help. I don't see what the problem is when you said yourself you requested for Black arrow to put your new number on their site but they just haven't yet.
Your bank sent a check instead of a wire, now bobsag3 needs to contact his bank in order to find out which check, if they got it, a copy of it if they did. A lot of things could have gone wrong with sending a check, your dealing with the post office now which adds another few days depending on when the check actually went out, also your dealing with the personal in his bank after they get the mail/check. The difference between the check and wire transfer is besides him being able to see it the next day is he can actually see it.

Now I've worked in a bank, here comes the biggest problem depending on BoA does this also, in order to get a check image after its deposited they may need to do something called a vector request (problem here is this takes 1+ weeks to get done), the other thing is sometimes banks send checks from the customers account (meaning its possible the check can bounce) so the funds on it need to be verified as well.

So because your bank failed to send a wire transfer (check is actually not an option on minersource) this is now going to take a ton more work then it should have to resolve. BTW BoA is closed on the weekends so bobsag3 can't do anything until Monday to begin with (and he's dealing with a move).  My suggestion is to contact your bank and request all the details of the check, account number, date sent, date deposited (if it wasn't deposited then he can't do anything anyway), check number, exact amount etc. as bobsag3 will need this in order to find your transaction.
PEC07

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:10:30 PM

Your bank sent a check instead of a wire, now bobsag3 needs to contact his bank in order to find out which check, if they got it, a copy of it if they did. A lot of things could have gone wrong with sending a check, your dealing with the post office now which adds another few days depending on when the check actually went out, also your dealing with the personal in his bank after they get the mail/check. The difference between the check and wire transfer is besides him being able to see it the next day is he can actually see it.

Now I've worked in a bank, here comes the biggest problem depending on BoA does this also, in order to get a check image after its deposited they may need to do something called a vector request (problem here is this takes 1+ weeks to get done), the other thing is sometimes banks send checks from the customers account (meaning its possible the check can bounce) so the funds on it need to be verified as well.

So because your bank failed to send a wire transfer (check is actually not an option on minersource) this is now going to take a ton more work then it should have to resolve. BTW BoA is closed on the weekends so bobsag3 can't do anything until Monday to begin with (and he's dealing with a move).  My suggestion is to contact your bank and request all the details of the check, account number, date sent, date deposited (if it wasn't deposited then he can't do anything anyway), check number, exact amount etc. as bobsag3 will need this in order to find your transaction.

Yeah when I called today they said they would have to do a three-way call with his bank but it's closed today so I have to wait until tomorrow. They said for the check I sent it goes directly to his account not by the mail and The check has already been processed and the money removed which they said means the check was already cashed in. Everything matches I ready triple check the account number, the address, name  and everything else I can, that's why am so confused. All I can think of is it's a bank error or he is mistaken other than that all I can really do is wait until tomorrow to call them.
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:13:01 PM

Yeah when I called today they said they would have to do a three-way call with his bank but it's closed today so I have to wait until tomorrow. They said for the check I sent it goes directly to his account not by the mail and The check has already been processed and the money removed which they said means the check was already cashed in. Everything matches I ready triple check the account number, the address, name  and everything else I can, that's why am so confused. All I can think of is it's a bank error or he is mistaken other than that all I can really do is wait until tomorrow to call them.

The account provided is literally only used for incoming preorder wires, so there is not a single transaction currently posted that is not labeled either incoming or outgoing wire.
thomas_s

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:20:47 PM

Then this is not a check, if they said the check has been processed that means they have a check number without providing this then there is no real way for bobsag3 to do anything. Which bank did you use and how did you initiate the transfer(in person, online, over the phone)?
PEC07

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:37:24 PM

I paid online and it was a check I even sent Bob the picture of the check copy. I keep requesting for him to give me his fax and phone number as does the bank (bank was asking for his fax) but he completely ignores that. I used Bank of America, and I'm looking at my account online right now and I have the copy of the check in my hand, I don't see where the error could be except for in the bank or with him but there's honestly nothing I can do until tomorrow.

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:03:01 PM

hey bobsag3 i pmed you about transferring an order i made with you. any update on that?
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:26:37 PM

Meanwhile, still waiting on customer service to resolve a Dec 2 order payment query.
 Caveat Emptor.
I put in a second order on December 4th. Had a small hiccup, and asked for support, and got it sorted out and confirmed paid on December 5th.  I've been following this thread for a while, and can see that those who have had problems are very vocal. 

... i wonder if that means vocal people get sub-par support to the point they are driven away entirely ...

Ugh. This industry. My Lord...
thomas_s

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:37:32 PM

Meanwhile, still waiting on customer service to resolve a Dec 2 order payment query.
 Caveat Emptor.
I put in a second order on December 4th. Had a small hiccup, and asked for support, and got it sorted out and confirmed paid on December 5th.  I've been following this thread for a while, and can see that those who have had problems are very vocal. 

... i wonder if that means vocal people get sub-par support to the point they are driven away entirely ...

Ugh. This industry. My Lord...
I've dealt with tech support over the internet not sure if its the same w/ these guys but there were plenty of tickets sent in (its not working), where the customer didn't put any information including who they were. Then when a response was given asking who they were they wouldn't describe the problem and it would go on like this for a few replys. Everytime they would be re-entered into the Q for the tickets as they were given a reply. In one ticket system that was used even made it so everytime the ticket was updated by the user it would be re-entered into the Q (so an update saying "are you there" would place it at the bottom of the list)

I thought the best was when a ticket was opened, a forum post was made and an email was sent which made multiple people try to solve the same problem at the same time.There is also the point of if you submit a ticket or problem on a Sunday don't expect it to be worked on right away as most companies are closed. So a problem that occured on Dec 2nd the "problem" could be almost anything.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:06:02 PM

Since there are no Paypal/Credit Card payments...for ease of a refund later if needed...why not pay in BTC Huh

I did & had NO problems at all  Grin

Wire transfers seem to be problematic with having to use a bank & their inferior system  Roll Eyes

And paying with a check Huh  Was this discussed with the seller before the transaction Huh

Good luck!!!

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:27:46 PM

Interesting, I went to the store site and attempted to log in. It says i don't have an account although i have invoice in my e-mail dated 24/09/2013. I guess i'll just have to wait and see what happens. This is probably due to the website changing since the early orders.
PEC07

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:09:49 AM

Since there are no Paypal/Credit Card payments...for ease of a refund later if needed...why not pay in BTC Huh

I did & had NO problems at all  Grin

Wire transfers seem to be problematic with having to use a bank & their inferior system  Roll Eyes

And paying with a check Huh  Was this discussed with the seller before the transaction Huh

Good luck!!!

No I had planned to send a wire transfer but the bank sent a check instead, regardless the check was cashed in and my order status is not complete so that is where the issue lies now.
Waramp22

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:20:44 AM

"If at any time, during the pre-order period, we drop the price under what you have already paid, you will be compensated by receiving more X-3 mining machines.
Example: If you have purchased an X-3 with 25% discount and we offer later 40% discount, your order will be recalculated at 40% discount and you will receive more X-3."

So is this just bad translation? It kind of makes me nervous. Receive more X-3?

Scammed by Black Arrow? See the consumer complaint thread here -
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681965.0
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:36:03 AM

Put in a Pre-order at  Bob's for 1 X-1 (don't have the extra bitcoins right now (will hopefully by next week)) for another 2.  Now let the time pass by LOL!

I'm still interested in the X-3 but won't be 100% for another week or two.
Waramp22

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:59:49 AM

It means that they can give you more hashing power to compensate for the price difference.

Must be hosted hashing power? They're not going to start custom making machines due to pricing changes

MANofthePEOPLE

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 07:07:13 PM

If the x-3 does arrive late february/early march how many bitcoins or $ do you think it would be worth if I sold it directly?
Waramp22

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 07:48:46 PM

That depends on the difficulty and value of bitcoin. Have a look in the marketplace and see what things are selling for at the current profitability. From there you have to crunch some numbers and give it your best guesstimate. There is no fool-proof method. If there was we would all be rich.

n00dles0up

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:06:20 PM

I've finally ordered myself an X-1 from Minersource on the 26th December and paid via wire transfer on the 27th December. The money has left my account and bank has told me it should be with minersource now. I have pm'd bob and hope my status changes from balance due to complete very soon as I want to be in the first batch. Anyone else know how long it takes for payment confirmation to occur, I am from UK if it helps.
Stedsm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:59:37 PM

I've finally ordered myself an X-1 from Minersource on the 26th December and paid via wire transfer on the 27th December. The money has left my account and bank has told me it should be with minersource now. I have pm'd bob and hope my status changes from balance due to complete very soon as I want to be in the first batch. Anyone else know how long it takes for payment confirmation to occur, I am from UK if it helps.

It could take several days depending on whether or not all info on wire is correct,Bobsag3 workload,holidays...ect  You will be in the Mar/10 delivery time frame. There is only 1 "batch" of Minion asics at this time, just different delivery dates depending on when orders are placed. earlier orders being Feb/24 shipping,orders after Dec/12 are Mar/10 shipping date. 

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: