Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:19:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786814 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TerraHasher

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:01:55 AM

1st of may for orders paid today? Wowza, i guess its time to look to the competition.
There is no competition dude
What can be bought today will never make back in terms of BTC Roi, what can be bought tomorrow (mounts later) same shit

Quick and dirty calc may diff will be around 13,824,412,552
so even at $1.49/Ghash yuo are not breaking even
F...K

Breaking even? since when has bitcoin been about instant profit? It took me 3 years for the hardware i bought back then to turn "profit" now. It will be no different now. BTmine, vision man, Antminer. all available now. Can all but make up the difference between ordering and getting now and waiting for the difficulty to increase a few dozen times between now and May. May not make a higher $ amount. but will make a ton more coin than waiting until May for machines.

Donations: 1A8anGihV3pvHeuhqzGsAjt2S71WY2qea4
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:06:47 AM

1st of may for orders paid today? Wowza, i guess its time to look to the competition.
What can be bought today will never make back in terms of BTC Roi, what can be bought tomorrow (mounts later) same shit

so even at $1.49/Ghash yuo are not breaking even
F...K

Breaking even? since when has bitcoin been about instant profit? It took me 3 years for the hardware i bought back then to turn "profit" now. It will be no different now. BTmine, vision man, Antminer. all available now. Can all but make up the difference between ordering and getting now and waiting for the difficulty to increase a few dozen times between now and May. May not make a higher $ amount. but will make a ton more coin than waiting until May for machines.
Any way i am not arguing with you dude I have always said that making a deal should be profitable for both parties not just for one. I am not playing this game not anymore

Let me tell you that when asics were knocking at the door BTCASIC/AVALON batch1 times i spent 20K for FPGA's and it took me 5 mounths to make money. Now the point is how much i am going to loose if spent 20K for BTmine or Antminer. I guess at least 60%. On some time on it just not covering electricity you know that do you?

I am more to buy BTC for 20K Or to spent 20K for some charity apart of BTC world.

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:14:41 AM

so even at $1.49/Ghash you are not breaking even
F...K

LMAO.........94 PETAhash....REALLY!!!   Shocked Shocked

20-30 PETAhash is possible by may,if ALL companies ship EVERYTHING by then  Roll Eyes

Where do they get these calculators Huh

Nevermind....yes 94 PETAhash....DO NOT BUY ANY ASIC's FOLKS !!!!!!!!!!!  Grin Grin

Maybe even 500 PETAhash,be VERY afraid of buying ASIC's  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
kaerf

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:17:13 AM

shhhhhhhhh. diff is going to the mooon!
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:18:56 AM

F...K

LMAO.........94 PETAhash....REALLY!!!   Shocked Shocked

20-30 PETAhash is possible by may,if ALL companies ship EVERYTHING by then  Roll Eyes

Nevermind....yes 94 PETAhash....DO NOT BUY ANY ASIC's FOLKS !!!!!!!!!!!  Grin Grin

Maybe even 500 PETAhash,be VERY afraid of buying ASIC's  Cheesy
You know that what is meant to be shipped by then is already mining. The question is when that time comes what is going to be shipped by the e ;)nd of the year
The numbers:
http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php
This madness will stop when FAB ASIC chip cost will not cover the profit from it. I really do hope that we are going to reach this soon so things in BTC world will calm down

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
Andrey

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:36:04 AM

F...K

20-30 PETAhash is possible by may,if ALL companies ship EVERYTHING by then  Roll Eyes

Nevermind....yes 94 PETAhash....DO NOT BUY ANY ASIC's FOLKS !!!!!!!!!!!  Grin Grin

You know that what is meant to be shipped by then is already mining. The question is when that time comes what is going to be shipped by the e ;)nd of the year
The numbers:
This madness will stop when FAB ASIC chip cost will not cover the profit from it. I really do hope that we are going to reach this soon so things in BTC world will calm down

Are you trying to say that 20-30 petahashes are already mining (but invisible to us) and the 94 petahashes you mention will descend upon us from Mars few monthes later?

Somehow I have hard time to believe in that.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:37:56 AM

F...K

The numbers:

Are you trying to say that 20-30 petahashes are already mining (but invisible to us) and the 94 petahashes you mention will descend upon us from Mars few monthes later?

Dude,you never heard of INVISIcoin Huh  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:42:18 AM

F...K

LMAO.........94 PETAhash....REALLY!!!   Shocked Shocked

20-30 PETAhash is possible by may,if ALL companies ship EVERYTHING by then  Roll Eyes

Nevermind....yes 94 PETAhash....DO NOT BUY ANY ASIC's FOLKS !!!!!!!!!!!  Grin Grin

Maybe even 500 PETAhash,be VERY afraid of buying ASIC's  Cheesy
The numbers:

What i am saying that blackArow and other Asic Manufactures will (are already mining) mine until march and then sell it to you at incredible price of 1.49 paid today. What i say is that until march there will be a lot of batches mining before march comes and so on.
What i am saying is that we are the only ones to be blamed because of it not the manufactures. What i am saying is this that with preorder money taken today they cover 100% of their expenses for chip designing fabs and so on with zero risk and give us the crap left with no value in it when march comes and so on. Do you got the idea if no please put your money where you want and preorder today. If yes think about it. it is not business it is a robbery!

FlappySocks

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:37:41 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 12:48:28 PM by FlappySocks

Just been on the phone to BA.  Those that have already ordered from me, are guaranteed batch 1 (assuming the money comes in, within the next few days).
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:51:17 PM

What i am saying that blackArow and other Asic Manufactures will (are already mining) mine until march and then sell it to you at incredible price of 1.49 paid today. What i say is that until march there will be a lot of batches mining before march comes and so on.
What i am saying is that we are the only ones to be blamed because of it not the manufactures. What i am saying is this that with preorder money taken today they cover 100% of their expenses for chip designing fabs and so on with zero risk and give us the crap left with no value in it when march comes and so on. Do you got the idea if no please put your money where you want and preorder today. If yes think about it. it is not business it is a robbery!

We all know some ASIC manufactures are mining with THEIR equipment. However Black Arrow are a start up so where are they getting the chips from to make miners when their first wafer run has not been finished? Where is the evidence to back your claim?

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:00:01 PM

We all know some ASIC manufactures are mining with THEIR equipment. However Black Arrow are a start up so where are they getting the chips from to make miners when their first wafer run has not been finished? Where is the evidence to back your claim?

Being honest i have not read blackArow thread closely.So please excuse me it might not be the case for blackArow. Take my apology for that.
I was trying to say that the entire preorder thing is leading to nowhere for us the customers. We take all the risk and losses. Manufactures take the profit with zero risk that is all

capitalaccent

Activity: 134

Bitleu Team

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 01:04:47 PM

As far as I know they manufacture their own minion chip miner, the only thing they need from other manufacturer are the boards on which their chips will be mounted. Am I right or wrong...?

erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:13:09 PM

As far as I know they manufacture their own minion chip miner, the only thing they need from other manufacturer are the boards on which their chips will be mounted. Am I right or wrong...?

No, they actually manufacture some boards based on Bitfury ASIC chips. The intend to make a Minion chip miner, after they make their first batch of Minion chips. As yet I believe they still need to prove they are an ASIC manufacturer.

capitalaccent

Activity: 134

Bitleu Team

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 01:19:51 PM

100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $1.49/Ghash
That means $149 per this one ASIC?!
I do not see any product of this price on their site..?!
How can this be possible and true?
Sorry for my misunderstanding and thanks for clarifying and... clearance!  Smiley

Colin Miner

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 05:24:17 PM

From BA:

" Dear Customers,

We have some updates:

The Minion:

We have our final specs for the Minion. Based on our library (we can only simulate the TT corner which is 0.85v @ 25C) and the power consumption is 0.6-0.65W/Ghash. We trust that underclocked and underpowered the Minion will achieve under 0.5W/ghash as promised.

This is not as good as our first simulations which were based only on Front End but this is where we need to stop. The time does not allow us to continue our effort towards seeking a lower power consumption.

We had to drop the frequency from 1.5Ghz to 1.0Ghz in order to achieve this efficiency. However we've increased the number of cores so the Minion will hash at the speed promised.

We had met all the timings for 1.5Ghz but the efficiency was 0.8W/Ghash and this is not something we could have accepted.

The minion driver:

We have also published the minion driver and we're happy to announce that it is steadily mining into cgminer. We've made the driver open source:

https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/driver-minion.c

Batch 1 closed:

We have closed batch 1. All orders paid in 2014 will be shipped around 1st of May. "

Thanks for the update!

FREE Namecoins (NMC), Devcoins (DVC) and IxCoins (iXC) while you mine Bitcoins (BTC) on the pool, in the cloud or both. Free to join, click here to Sign Up and mine your free coins.
Cheap VPS Hosting here or budget conscious Free cPanel hosting here. Buy BTC the safe and easy way at Localbitcoins.com (US and UK).
 "I'm no longer as confident as I was this morning." - xkeyscore89.  My Addie.cc.
more Free: BTC, LTC, FTC, TIPS, WDC, EAC & IFC
Waramp22

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:24:32 PM

F...K

Thats a pretty outrageous prediction. How do you come up with that?

Sorry for my misunderstanding and thanks for clarifying and... clearance!  Smiley

Nah that is 1.49 USD per 1 gigahash.
Actually now that i look, im not sure which product $1.49/gigahash pertains to.

Scammed by Black Arrow? See the consumer complaint thread here -
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681965.0
Stedsm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:50:10 PM

F...K

Thats a pretty outrageous prediction. How do you come up with that?

Sorry for my misunderstanding and thanks for clarifying and... clearance!  Smiley

Nah that is 1.49 USD per 1 gigahash.
Actually now that i look, im not sure which product $1.49/gigahash pertains to.

There is an option at BA for OEMs to buy Minions only,to use for what ever they wish or build their own miners (http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/minion.html)
The old price was $149. 1 Minion is capable of 100 GH/s which equaled $1.49 per GH/S

The X-1 for example has 1 Minion =100GH/s ( given the recent update they may need to put in two underclocked to get to 100GH/s)

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Waramp22

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:51:03 PM

"Minion driver is now available
We have completed the first version of the driver for the Minion and submitted it into cgminer.

This driver has been tested and certified on FPGA.

After several months of tests we have concluded that in order to achieve the best efficiency with our code, the Minion will have to run at 1.01Ghz. For this reason we have increased the number of cores from 64 to 99."

Shocked Grin

Scammed by Black Arrow? See the consumer complaint thread here -
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681965.0
nosferatujeff

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:09:21 PM

I appreciate the update. I assume increasing the number of dies means tapeout has not been completed. 56 days until the end of February.

If BA pulls this off I will be very impressed. I am rooting for them with my money and my hopes.

Go Black Arrow!
Mitron

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:47:03 PM

Hmm, I wonder if they should change the post title?  Nothing on their site shows a $1.49/Ghash.  Even if you buy over 1000 chips, you still pay over $1.49/Ghash and the two miners are at least twice that.  Maybe they should base that on the retail price instead of the initial discounted price that you can no longer get.

I've been following this thread simply because everything to this point seems a bit too good to be true but I do have high hopes (as I did with the Bi*Fury, Twin Fury and AntMiner).  As the prices continue to increase and delivery dates continue to move further and further away, it seems less likely these things will hit any of the hype.  If the past gives us any clue, as we approach the end of February, I suspect we will start seeing the delays and excuses roll out from Black Arrow instead of completed miners as they build their mining farms with their new Minions paid for by all the Lemmings here.  Of course I hope I'm wrong and these actually get into the hand of those who paid for them, the next few weeks will tell us for sure.

I have my seatbelt on. Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: