Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:36:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786814 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ElGrandJefe

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:21:42 PM

You can keep deleting posts, you BA cockmonkeys, but we burned customers (monetarily and literally) won't rest until the authorities shut you down. It's too bad your criminal boss isn't Chinese and doesn't care about losing face, but I hope the rest of you are sufficiently ashamed of yourselves.
musicmaker613

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:26:09 PM

Bobsag, Thomas, why have we not heard a statement from Minersource about this issue?  You have sold potentially dangerous products to customers in the U.S. and abroad.  I would think you would have something to say about this mess....

I'm preparing all necessary documents/sources to file complaints with relevant parties and agencies against Black Arrow and possibly its resellers.  I'm not pulling the trigger just yet, as I would prefer an outcome that is "mutually satisfactory" for all parties involved.  But months of delays followed by unsafe, untested products will not be tolerated by myself, and I can guaran-damn-tee the state and federal agencies charged with consumer protection won't stand for it either.

Also looking into sending "tips" in to a few well-established crypto-news sites, including Coindesk, regarding the current incidents with the X-3.  Those sites love doing stories about mining hardware setting stuff on fire.  And to be honest, the mining community and any future hardware owners should be made aware of the "quality" they get with some manufacturers.... and the resellers selling their products.

Edit:  Just going to leave this here....

http://www.coindesk.com/contact-us/

SYS: SjFeMefQpgCRWuwRdiN3Hf8V6CkocV3Xdq
DOGE: DG4EwxvNCM5YFBQ8xo7pkEua2Nf1jRMmQg
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:32:52 PM

Bobsag, Thomas, why have we not heard a statement from Minersource about this issue?  You have sold potentially dangerous products to customers in the U.S. and abroad.  I would think you would have something to say about this mess....

I'm preparing all necessary documents/sources to file complaints with relevant parties and agencies against Black Arrow and possibly its resellers.  I'm not pulling the trigger just yet, as I would prefer an outcome that is "mutually satisfactory" for all parties involved.  But months of delays followed by unsafe, untested products will not be tolerated by myself, and I can guaran-damn-tee the state and federal agencies charged with consumer protection won't stand for it either.

Also looking into sending "tips" in to a few well-established crypto-news sites, including Coindesk, regarding the current incidents with the X-3.  Those sites love doing stories about mining hardware setting stuff on fire.  And to be honest, the mining community and any future hardware owners should be made aware of the "quality" they get with some manufacturers.... and the resellers selling their products.

Edit:  Just going to leave this here....

http://www.coindesk.com/contact-us/

Ditto.  Bobsag/minersource we need a response and a firm plan or I cannot hold off on pursuing legal claims any longer

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
CryptoGuy

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:05:04 PM

Quoted from "My X3 caught fire!!" on eCoin Talk.

Q: "Also, BA. Could you please have someone quote me to host this equipment in china?" -- cendav

A: "Hosting in China is difficult: the Chinese firewall cuts us off from the pool and the power is expensive" -- blackarrow

So hosted miners and rent-a-minion was just a lie then?

I'm guessing rent-a-minion customers will be sent BTC from the coins BA took from them as payment based on calculations of what X Gh/s would currently make on a pool.

Hey Captain, has anybody mentioned that your a filthy scumbag?

I imagine they're less inclined to host themselves now they know they're a legitimate threat to life (rather than just wallet & sanity) with the new improved self-combustion feature...

Giving it some more thought BA's statement is a problematic. I've seen pics of several Bitcoin data centres in China. Xbtec was showing off pics of theirs full of AM miners (they claim) for example. I've also seen pics from BA of their engineer kevin666 mining on ghash from inside China.

So what's going on? Is this just a bullshit excuse not to host for customers?

Perhaps it's just an easy to believe statement to lead customers away from the fact they're mining with our shit. Also do we know cendav isn't a shill? This provides BA with the excuse they need to keep mining with our shit and continue the delay until they've squeezed out every last Satoshi.

If cendav isn't a shill then sorry kid, you got robbed then mailed a fire bomb.

I'm starting to wonder about them mining with their own equipment, as it seems quite obvious that they have about a 30%+ failure/defect rate in the short term. Hard to believe you could build a farm out of such inferior equipment.

Talked to my friend at MicroCenter's distributor. He's having a meeting with his sales director to mention the possible ramifications of distributing stuff from a company that may be deeply involved in fraudulent behavior.

I wondered about the farm for about 2 seconds before I realized that the X1 and supposed X2 made from the X3 hashing boards have been functional for months now. Nothing stopping them from packing a bunch of those in there. After all, it would have been a waste of money to let their datacenter sit empty, X3 working or not.

<Insert favorite coin here>
Swat

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:11:45 AM

But wait, there's more!

http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/14nm-bitcoin-asic-announcement.html

So ... do we get some free units of these for our trouble??  We paid "helped" to pay for this development after all.....

Haha what a fuckin' joke!

"Black Arrow Ltd has already a proven track record in successfully manufacture Bitcoin mining hardware at extremely competitive prices using shorter full lifecycle than their competition without compromising the top quality required the highly-competitive niche market."

Are these dicks on the same planet as us? Successfully manufacture? Extremely competitive prices? Just piss off and go bankrupt already you criminals

proven track record?   of what, exactly?  their miners are now 6 months late because they had one issue after the next, they're no longer price competitive at time of delivery, don't have a snowball's chance in hell of ROI'ing, and they're starting on fire.

what they have proven is that they will tell people anything to get their money and then break those promises when it suits them.

remember this one?

If you are guaranteeing prices then what's the point of preorders?  Basically the people preordering now are giving you a free loan because come february everyone gets the same price anyways.  The only benefit of preordering now is if the buyer thinks that you won't have to lower prices and the current price will end up being less then market prices for similar devices at the time of shipping.

Customers who pre-order and pay now have 25% discount. Our promise is that we will ensure that customers who preorder now will always get a better deal than customers who order later.

At the same time we promise that our prices will be below market price at the time we ship.

This means that customers that preorder now will have considerable lower market prices by the time that we ship which puts them in advantage towards anybody else.

Unless Bitcoin mining stops because it becomes unprofitable for everybody else in February, our customers WILL make profit.

or this?

After a whole year of this ASIC preordering phenomenon/fiasco somehow it's starting to feel like the companies will promise you anything and everything just to get your money.  Even if it makes no sense.  What's the point of them getting capital now if they guarantee to drop the prices to whatever the market price will be in the future and have to return most of that capital?  I don't mind gambling but when the gamble is just some vague guarantee promise that isn't rooted in reality that's just one more hurdle to overcome besides the fact of sending non refundable to btc to some outfit in china and hoping for the best on a proposition that's many months away.

Everybody until now sold you hardware that they knew that you're going to loose money because 1 month later they announced something faster at a better price.
We are guaranteeing that this won't happen with us: If we drop the price you'll get even faster hardware, keeping you in front of everybody else.

or this?

I'd like to make sure I understand what you are guaranteeing.  You are saying that if I preorder now I am guaranteed a price 25% below market price.  How will market price be defined? 

Yes, you are guaranteed to get a price 25% below the market price ($/ghash) at the time of shipment.
And yes, we will keep our prices below every other company.

Bottom line is, whoever trusts us now, we promise that will help them to mine profitably after February as well. If you keep supporting other companies who have ripped you off until now, you'll barely get your ROI back.

Thanks for posting this Pentax, i see everything is being deleted here and on ecointalk.
So i guess we need to move to a save thread where we can talk free about the truth.
y_boonstra

Activity: 374

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:48:37 PM

There is a customer on ecointalk reporting today that his unit melts its power cord.

his hosting company is refusing to run it.

Powercord melting aint to blame on the unit but a defective powercord..
Ren13B

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:02:57 PM

This doesn't sound good. "My host already said hes not plugging it back in, it burns up every power cord that you use and constantly trips breakers."

http://ecointalk.net/topic/1348-my-x3-caught-fire/page-8#entry18095
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 02:12:56 PM

HAHA they blocked my IP address, and now when I try to go to their website, I get a page that says...
"Asshole Detected!"

They actually took the time to create a webpage that directs certain blocked people to that calls them assholes.  This has reached a new level of funny, I will definitely be TOR'ing around this in about 2 seconds and defaming/spamming their emails once again.

Could you post an imgur to that page image?

Would like to see it for my own entertainment purposes.   Tongue

Sometimes you just have to laugh at the epic level of incompetence and negligence of this scam operation.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:23:49 PM

I'm the one with the unit burning power cords and this is from my host just now... I will also be posting this to the ecoin thread.

Me
Hey xxx,
   Seems our issue with the X3 has caught interest of others.

They're talking about the power cords you went through. Few have made remarks and asked questions on the forums. One comment being...

--- Begin Quote ---
Depends on what power cord he was using? Has he stated what it was rated for? The X3 should not use a power cord that is less than 15A 120V for American circuits
--- End Quote ---

Others have expressed interest in how much it was trying to draw, like maybe the PSU was / is bad and is trying to draw more than it could handle.

Would you happen to know just how much it was trying to draw ? As for the power cord thing, I've sorta already said you know what your doing and wouldn't have used an improper cord etc.

My Host
It cooked two 15 amp cords. It appears as though they are pulling more than they should through the single power supply. I did not hook a meter up to it, and am not plugging it back in. I do not believe they sent a cord with the unit. I would have to ask Seth. He opened it.

To be decided...
david105396

Activity: 82

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:32:18 PM

I would be happy to.  Here you go

http://imgur.com/O7z3cuC

Please feel free to also post screenshots of your latest order with us.

Black Arrow Support
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:39:30 PM

I am sure they didn't send a cord with the unit, as they are scum bags and even though they said they would try their best, they just decided to say fuck it and proceed without even trying.

As for the 15 amp cord, that is more than enough to handle the load the X-3 should be using.  So the problem then either lies in the PSU or the data center cabling.  Unfortunately, since they are scum bags yet again and have yet to release any way to hook up a standard ATX PSU, like they said they would, trying a different PSU is currently not possible.  I also highly doubt it has anything to do with the data center wiring.

Where to go from here, unfortunately I can't think of really any move forward.  It doesn't seem like BA has any interest in helping their customers figure this out, and even if they did, their level of incompetence would likely require at least 2 weeks to find a solution, then who knows how long to implement it.  The issue definitely seems to be within the unit, but without hooking up a kill-o-watt meter, it could be any number of things in the actual unit that is causing this.

Perhaps you could pressure BA really hard to send you another power supply to swap out?  Swap the new one in, and try it again.
I'd have better luck getting my dentist to pull a tooth for free.

To be decided...
musicmaker613

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:42:27 PM

The evidence is mounting that the X-3 is an electrical liability.  Any reputable manufacturer would have labeled the current product version a failure and moved on to a new revision or scrubbed the project, while issuing refunds/recalls to their customers.  I don't care if the problem is the back plane, the hashboards, the PSU (which is proprietary to the X-3) or some 20 cent plastic connector.  The unit is clearly not performing within its stated specifications or even within SAFE specifications.

Minersource has been very quiet about this issue.  In fact, they've been quiet about BA orders for almost a month now.  I hope they are looking into this issue behind the scenes and will issue a statement on the matter soon.  I also hope MS will take put their relationship with their customers ahead of their relationship with Black Arrow.  

So again, I'll ask; Bobsag3, what does Minersource have to say about this ordeal?  And how does this not constitute terms for refunds?

Morguk

Activity: 594
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:45:37 PM

I was going to invest into BA minion cloud miners at the start of this year, I'm so glad I didn't. Really feel bad for you guys, keep on pushing. I think it's lawyer time!

Calculate the chance of hitting a bitcoin block when solo mining at
ElGrandJefe

Activity: 459

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:15:23 PM

Geez, David - I know you have a thankless job, even more so now, but how can you continue to work for these con artists in good conscience?

Does someone have to literally die in a fire caused by one of BAs products for you to wise up?
musicmaker613

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:55:12 PM

Seriously, and this is from a professional company? Lawyers and consumer organizations will love this!

DebitMe, I suggest you start a new thread with almost the exact title and add [unmoderated] and we'll use that one instead this one.

Agreed.  Whether or not DebitMe is a current customer, former customer or just an outside observer is irrelevant.  This kind of extreme unprofessionalism is the kind of behavior that could well be the nail in the coffin for BA when this debacle lands in court somewhere.

Edit:  I've made record of this, in addition to the various recent posts by black arrow, including the posts accusing the customers of rushing them which resulted in defective products.  I really want to avoid having to seek a legal solution to this, but it's almost nice to know that if I do pursue legal action, BA will have built half my case for me.

nosferatujeff

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:16:54 PM

Unfortunate. Just requested refund on second of two orders (X3s) due to multiple BA failures. Sent some info to Bitcz, we will see what materializes there.

I will probably do the HKCC thing this weekend. I guess I am at the point where things suck so bad (safety issues on top of everything else? C'mon) it just doesn't matter. This has gone beyond the pale in so many ways.

Cant believe they made a special "Asshole detected" page.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 06:31:29 PM

Glad I got to see that handiwork, Debitme.  It's as unprofessional and childish as I have imagined.

Instead of provoking the very customers that fueled your scummy operation, why don't you make sure your worthless no ROI X-3's don't burst into flames like vampires in daylight?

Next thing you know, someone's house catches on fire or worse severe injury occurs.

Try and do worse than BA when it comes to incompetence and negligence, you can't!

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
dogjunior

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:22:51 PM

Unfortunate. Just requested refund on second of two orders (X3s) due to multiple BA failures. Sent some info to Bitcz, we will see what materializes there.

I will probably do the HKCC thing this weekend. I guess I am at the point where things suck so bad (safety issues on top of everything else? C'mon) it just doesn't matter. This has gone beyond the pale in so many ways.

Cant believe they made a special "Asshole detected" page.

GL on the refund request. If I had thought there was a half chance in hell they would even give me a partial refund I would have requested it but instead I took chips and washed my hands of these a holes.
dogjunior

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:27:32 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 02:53:35 AM by dogjunior

David, reposting screenshots is bad forum edicate, and makes you seem like an asshole for making people scroll (not that you need anymore help).  And I would never post any details of orders I have through you guys.  Although it is funny that I am currently providing more support for your fire hazard products than your company is.  Care to continue to troll?

Hey, btw, I will bet you any number of bitcoin that you want, that you will neither have a scrypt chip within specs by the end of this year, and that you will have a working 14 nm chip by the end of Q2 next year.

It's true.  I also think that's why when they are deleting post they do it huge bunches, including posts that are basically meaningless.  

If we then go back and simply repost them all, it turns that into a scrollover zone.  I noticed I was scrolling over my own posts when bunched up like that in a repost bunch.

The last bunch was for me 27 posts.  I've been doling them out in small amounts ever since.

just the ones with real good information that I know BA would want their customers to have.  being as they're all above board and professional and all.

their next miner won't even catch fire.  it will generate a black hole that will just suck your entire house right on through.  they will not consider that to be a hazard and will claim it is impossible, like that mod on ecointalk that keeps posting that these cannot burn.  meanwhile, people are reporting fires.

A call to the Black Arrow Fire Department:

customer:  my miner is on fire.
BA:  That is not possible.
customer:  well flames are visible.
BA: That is not possible.
customer:  flames are spreading through my house.
BA:  That is not possible.
customer:  aaaaaH!  I'm on fire (line goes dead)
BA:  Customer's fault for not remaining on the line.

If this whole situation was not so tragic I would be LMFAO.
leozzo

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:00:51 AM

Another stupid scam site...
anyway i think it's better to bought scrypt than sha miners cause the SHA diff will always go up (all use it only to mine BTC)

With scrypt miners ppl can choose from 200 coins so, for example, LTC diff will raise always a bit every diff change (for example right now is more profitable DOGE mining so next LTC diff will be 5% or 6% less)

Think about it

Leo
Pages: « 1 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: