Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:36:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence  (Read 198083 times)
Anatolich

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 01:58:44 PM

Just not to participate in such distributions, especially airdrop generally bypassing the side, how many have already passed and recorded, and the returns are zero.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mammoniter

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 02:03:43 PM

Yes I think so. KYC for airdrops is not necessary in my opinion because its supposed to be a give away token and everyone should be able to have it. Airdrops is just a way of introducing the token to the public and I don't think KYC is necessary for it. There has been KYC in investing in an ICO and doing bounty campaigns and I think thats already enough.

daniel002
Copper Member

Activity: 382
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 02:08:44 PM

Most bounties that have kyc process will prevent dumping  because it lessens fake accounts/ bots and true hodlers are there making the price to increase. I also belive to have kyc rather than giving tokens w/out kyc and then no price when listed.
Niam_bakri

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 02:15:25 PM

Yes I think so. KYC for airdrops is not necessary in my opinion because its supposed to be a give away token and everyone should be able to have it. Airdrops is just a way of introducing the token to the public and I don't think KYC is necessary for it. There has been KYC in investing in an ICO and doing bounty campaigns and I think thats already enough.
but the developer needs community data that is completely valid. and maybe KYC is a way for developers to get the identity of each community that joins their project. not only airdrop participants, bounty campaign participants, and investors, I think they all also have to fill KYC now. this all revolves around community issues that can strengthen a project.
ilhamsugihamin

Activity: 332
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 02:25:23 PM

from this I learned and I decided not to follow airdrop who gave up the KYC. I am more interested in bounty and trading. Airdrop with KYC is very difficult for me. I agree with you.

saminnala

Activity: 212
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 02:25:29 PM

I have always been wary of airdrops who ask for my documents. In fact, it turns out that for $ 1–2 you sell your data to unknown persons. What really happens next with your documents can only guess.

✦ ───    OATHs.io  ─── ✦
▌▐ ────  BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL  ──── ▌▐
Thyristor

Activity: 471

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 02:32:44 PM

Right now, in my 2 years experience i have to do kyc for bounty only for JINBI.

It's not a big deal for me if the project is serious.
You mean in the 2 years you did not got more serious project? in my 1 years experience there are a lot of project i got which asking KYC. But before 2 years KYC was very rare when i was not familiar with it. In my crypto life i have been passed KYC almost 15 to 20 project.
maman567

Activity: 648

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 02:35:06 PM

What for airdrop project needed KYC, have it work or just bullshit for participated at their project and take our identity, we have smart to choose which one have to upload our data and know is legit or not before submit our KYC at their website.
Sova_tmb

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 03:34:06 PM

Airdrop is a token distribution absolutely free of any charge.
Maximum amount of information requested for any airdrop should include: wallet address, telegram id and probably email. Its all.
Jannyh
Copper Member

Activity: 994
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 03:40:32 PM

Kyc for airdrop isn't nice, i do not support it, imagine being given a token of just $3 and you are asked to submit your confidential details. This should be kicked against by this great community. KYC should be for investors.

fileo

Activity: 658

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 03:48:26 PM

In fact, nowadays, to access other personal identity unknowingly is very easy especially for those who are master in electronics gadgets and in programming system.. Personal information or ID with the indication of tin # or account number would be vulnerable to use by another unknown person. KYC shouts in crypto must not be compulsory if the project cannot secure the system at all times. Neither passing KYC or not to be careful is always necessary.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
marados

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 05:29:33 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

I think it already became a norm because people are willing to give their personal info no matter whats the price. And that's just completely wrong. Yeah crypto is all about anonymity. I was somehow fine with KYC to invest in ICO, then it started with bounty KYC, which sometimes you don't even know how much you will get, is it even worth it, and will the price stay the same or be higher once coin/token reaches exchanges. But for airdrop I don't really think that KYC is needed, and I do miss the old days, when you just had to post your address, do few shares on social media and thats it...

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
hellyah070
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 05:44:57 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

Why would they even ask for the KYC on airdrops? Like, what is the sense? I can't see any importance in submitting KYC just for joining airdrops. But if they want it, and you also want to join, you have no choice but to do so.
Nivelir

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 05:54:27 PM

KYC is a process that I’m afraid to do today because today I’m information worth its weight in gold. I see that today information is becoming a very valuable product. Therefore, I understand that the KYC process is a process to be feared.
melomanskiy
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 05:58:02 PM

I agree with the author that KYC for airdrop is already a bust. For the pitiful cents, we must provide passport data to unknown people, who in 95% of cases are fraudsters and then resell the databases to other fraudsters who can use this data to the detriment of all of us.
Furious 7

Activity: 2856
Merit: 644

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:06:11 PM

What for airdrop project needed KYC, have it work or just bullshit for participated at their project and take our identity, we have smart to choose which one have to upload our data and know is legit or not before submit our KYC at their website.
that's a good thing, for me Airdrop is to enlarge the community and generate trust in the project. KYC only worsens the project, and participants will not be interested in joining. so far I have not found it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
elite070
Copper Member

Activity: 112

www.codex.one

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:16:09 PM

For ICO regulations, good job Teams. But for airdrop hunters, its not the best thing to filter out the legitimacy of using one account per person in the crypto space. Well, not a big requirement for airdrop to require KYC.

Sanderion

Activity: 434

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:17:39 PM

that's a good thing, for me Airdrop is to enlarge the community and generate trust in the project. KYC only worsens the project, and participants will not be interested in joining. so far I have not found it.

Do you think projects want to do KYC? Of course, not! It costs a lot of money, i'm sure! They are forced to do it to protect themselves. No one want to get problems with law. For example, residents of the United States can't take part in bounty programs or airdrops. So, projects are forced to check if you are USA resident.

yescrypto

Activity: 319
Merit: 2

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:40:17 PM

All i observed about the whole kyc stuffs is just a way of scamming people, imagine why would you request for a whole information about someone for a worthless coin not even those people buying or bounty but airdrop which has no value this days. We all need need to avoid such

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:52:02 PM

I think it's not ICO teams idea to force people that want to get airdrops to pass KYC procedure... They are not interested in this at all, these rules restrict their target audience and airdrops are usually made to broaden it.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: