Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:59:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence  (Read 198083 times)
Desmozgenes

Activity: 392
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:54:42 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

I totally agree with you on this,in egenral about KYC and especially about KYC for airdrops.Thing is ,why would people even give their documenst for something so insignificant as airdrop reward,ill never understand that.I can understand givign documents for Bounty if you expoect atleast few hundred dollars worth of tokens,but airdrops that give that much are exteremely rare.If all airdrop participants decide not to join if KYC is requiredmthey would surely have to change something.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dacosta Osei-Tutu

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:03:46 PM

Its very pathetic when bounty hunters and airdrop participants are obliged to exchange their personal details for some meagre coins. KYC is to prevent citizens of some countries from investing in certain ICOs and since bounty hunters and airdrop participants are not investing with real money, I see no need for KYC from them
Wyndesam

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:13:45 PM

Yes to airdrop this is very bad I think , now not every idrop guess some will pay and then there kyc to go through this just to give to someone I think so!

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram | Bip Wallet | Twitter
bohboh

Activity: 499
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:07:52 PM

This as go astray to the features of cryptocurrency.
Uploading personal documents for airdrop is not ideal because once identity can be use unjustly.
memFISTO

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 06:15:16 AM

I often see negative statements about such a system and I fully join them. I'm tired of sending my passport details to some strangers who can use them for their own purposes. I am against this method of determining the participants of the bounty
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2170

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 06:51:18 AM

However this thread posted on long time ago. But I am not fan of KYC. This is a annoying word for me. Even for Bounty , Airdrop or ICO I don't like to submit KYC. I just try to avoid. I just come across here to help newbie for merit those are made constructive post. I would like to suggest all newbie for avoid mega thread. There is constructive post but no one will visit here.

Eventually I want to say don't submit your KYC only just for 5/10 $ award. It might be dengerous for you.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
thiemthang

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:20:00 AM

Why airdrop must KYC. They argue that this method to fight fraud. I do not think so. I think they only do it to collect the ID and then they sell it. I just KYC on Exchanges because I need to secure my property
xDispeLme

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:00:52 PM

personally, I have a negative attitude to KYC because your anonymity is lost and I do not agree to transfer my data to third parties.
Azuliand

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:17:27 PM

Well, I think now very few people left that do airdrop , and now especially I do not think that there is someone who passes kyc , I think in any case can not do

[ EFT ] EASY FEEDBACK TOKEN [ EFT ] YOUR FEEDBACK MOVES THE WORLD (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:36:32 PM

We need to all agree as one and not participate in bounties introducing KYC, before it can succeed. I can't even imagine that airdrops can also introduce KYC.
loayyemen

Activity: 104
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 11:07:40 PM

maybe your data can be used for illegal purposes

Om.monata

Activity: 936
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 11:10:06 PM

kyc for airdrop should not need to be done, we can see if in the airdrop the coin that gets is only a small amount. and needing a kyc I think it's not important at all so the airdrop should not need kyc to get a reward
97percent

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 11:45:41 PM

I also strongly disagree with the idea. Airdrops are very temporary and the process is also very short, while to take care of the KYC requires a lot of time and effort. The results obtained from Airdrops are not so many in number, so with KYC's terms, it doesn't seem comparable to the results that will be obtained. There will be a lot of time wasted in vain. KYC is more suitable to be applied on the bounty.

☀️☀️☀️☀️  ISKRA (CCOH)- Crypto coin of hope | An innovative method for supporting children around the world  ☀️☀️☀️☀️
https://iskra-coin.io
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 04:26:36 AM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

Well, i know that investing on most ICO will required KYC to process, but if only airdrop, i think it is not necessary to do so.
Submitting KYC documents means you give your identity data to the others for only small airdrop rewards. Not worth

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 04:34:09 AM

LOL KYC for airdrop.
You can sell your documents direct for better price ))

andradwi

Activity: 219

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 04:55:09 AM

Be careful with kyc, there are so many scam projects right now ... they seem to have a very good project. but after they get investors and are not responsible. they don't care about how people help him in his project
SFMiner

Activity: 170

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 09:42:08 AM

Airdrop is only a little measure of free coin for every person. For what reason do individuals require kyc archives? When you join the facebook battle some close to home data is there then kyc required? This is truly stopped unexplained and we don't know whether they truly hold our own records secrecy. On the off chance that it doesn't change, trusting there is proof to sign that our own information won't be given to accomplices or other ICO ventures.
joelsamuya

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

https://emirex.com

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 09:49:47 AM

For some reasons of the many participants, this is a terrible move of the project team requiring bounty hunters to provide ID and other documents, that would prove their identity, when in fact they help the project to gather more visitors and investors. But on some reason, its a good way to filter out real participants.
secondhandlark5

Activity: 238

"JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!"

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:00:50 AM

Airdrop is only a little measure of free coin for every person. For what reason do individuals require kyc archives? When you join the facebook battle some close to home data is there then kyc required? This is truly stopped unexplained and we don't know whether they truly hold our own records secrecy. On the off chance that it doesn't change, trusting there is proof to sign that our own information won't be given to accomplices or other ICO ventures.

I share the same opinion. As airdrop participant is the maximum earning per person in average a few dollars. All the participants let do a KYC is a waste of time.

🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸 [ DESICO ] A PLATFORM TO ISSUE AND TRADE SECURITY TOKENS 🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻
🔸🔺 https://www.desico.io 🔸🔺
Suwycu

Activity: 350

FABA-BREAK THROUGH IN VENTURE CAPITAL MARKET

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:42:20 AM

Yes you are right.  It is not known to provide your documents to anyone, especially not knowing what will happen to them later.  But very often, companies began to declare KYC after the end of the bounty of the company and not before it began, so sometimes you have to take such risks in order to pick up your reward!

█ ▌   FABA  |  https://vc.fabainvest.com/   ▐ █   ICO-sale has started⚫══ POWERFUL THOUGHT AND STRONG FAITH CAN DO ANYTHING ══⚫
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: