Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:08:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771074 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
thepostman

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:11:37 AM

beautiful ken!
one little pic does so much towards boosting my confidence
now get us trading on CT so we can take advantage of this boost! (and the more to come I will assume)
thanks mate and merry merry

and kudos for banning the trolls and FUDsters
I'm shakey enough without those clowns putting bugs in my ear!

Not to be a wet blanket, but you were shown a picture of empty cases (which were already in the summer photos) and 3 empty workbenches (at least one of them was in the summer photos), and you think the trolls are your enemies?  Dude, my basement workshop has more bench space and ... actual gear and tools and stuff.  To call that an assembly line without cracking up takes balls.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kleeck

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:21:51 AM

beautiful ken!
now get us trading on CT so we can take advantage of this boost! (and the more to come I will assume)

Not to be a wet blanket, but you were shown a picture of empty cases (which were already in the summer photos) and 3 empty workbenches (at least one of them was in the summer photos), and you think the trolls are your enemies?  Dude, my basement workshop has more bench space and ... actual gear and tools and stuff.  To call that an assembly line without cracking up takes balls.

Really? Two work stations per bench means they can drop cards in from 6 different areas, fire 'em up for a spot check and then send them down to burn-in with pretty good efficiency. You have to understand that VMC is getting the last string of orders. Once all the other queues for the top-end miners are full that's when VMC gets its customers. It will not be an industry leader with its current tech, but it will be an industry player. This assembly area should be more than adequate to get the volume in queue built, tested, and out the door in a short time frame.

The picture isn't ground-breaking, you are correct. It does show development and prep for the high volume of chips/boards. That's the net worth of this shot.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:34:26 AM

Merry Christmas && Happy Holidays. So we got a picture.

+1 For Ken keeping the aforementioned schedule of weekly updates that usually come on Monday.

Quick question. Anyone know how many chips/How much hashrate we can fit in each of those cases?

Looking at the small number of work benches I guess we can assume he has no/little plans to bring more hands on deck.

From previous pictures I guess we can assume that we will not be mining at this facility? I believe I saw this mentioned before. I'll have to look into it.

+1 For actually releasing a picture even when you have been so against it. Not really sure if this is bullish news though, it seems every previous update has been about getting shares on an exchange and this one has not.

Seems like he simply went into the room. Took a picture and called it a week. (Though I am not against this as I treasure family and holidays over money and think everyone should get the week off. Just a could have included a quick update about shares so that the trolls don't make their back to this forum. We can already see a influx of new users that are lining up with the ban hammer that passed earlier this week).

6 Days till we enter 2014.
thepostman

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:36:59 AM

beautiful ken!

Really? Two work stations per bench means they can drop cards in from 6 different areas, fire 'em up for a spot check and then send them down to burn-in with pretty good efficiency. You have to understand that VMC is getting the last string of orders. Once all the other queues for the top-end miners are full that's when VMC gets its customers. It will not be an industry leader with its current tech, but it will be an industry player. This assembly area should be more than adequate to get the volume in queue built, tested, and out the door in a short time frame.

The picture isn't ground-breaking, you are correct. It does show development and prep for the high volume of chips/boards. That's the net worth of this shot.

I'm sorry, but other than two extra workbenches and two fans, there's nothing in the picture that you haven't already seen.  The cases still have drive racks/trays in them.  There are no tools or signs of other equipment anywhere.  Well, sorry, there's the shop cart.
"Not groundbreaking" is a pretty polite way of putting it.  And I'm not joking or exaggerating when I say I have more bench space in my basement workshop.
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:38:02 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2013, 03:49:14 AM by minerpart

Hey wait a minute Mr Postman-

go have a look at the vid BFL had on their website recently. They had an identically laid out six assembly work benches, staffed by four people who would be sacked in my workplace if they worked that slowly.

The number of benches is fine, with pre-prepped cases and quick workers you can knock out plenty of rigs in quick time. We don't have masses of pre-orders, once they are done and dusted the farm machines will begin to roll out.

Edit- what are you benching? I have a bigger kitchen than the cafe round the corner but it doesn't make me a hot food outlet.

Edit 2 - hey VE are you going to open a mining rig production line in your basement? If so what's your IPO offer? Count me in OK?
thepostman

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:45:18 AM

Hey wait a minute Mr Postman-

go have a look at the vid BFL had on their website recently. They had an identically laid out six assembly work benches, staffed by four people who would be sacked in my workplace if they worked that slowly.

The number of benches is fine, with pre-prepped cases and quick workers you can knock out plenty of rigs in quick time. We don't have masses of pre-orders, once they are done and dusted the farm machines will begin to roll out.

I'm not here to argue with you.  If you are satisfied with what you see, everything's good.  My point is a production line this is not, but if you're happy, i'm happy.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:54:29 AM

It's a line of six work benches that will produce finished rigs - therefore it IS a production line. A modest one, but if it's enough for BFL with smaller but more numbers of machines it's more than enough for VMC.
kleeck

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:56:09 AM

beautiful ken!

I'm sorry, but other than two extra workbenches and two fans, there's nothing in the picture that you haven't already seen.  The cases still have drive racks/trays in them.  There are no tools or signs of other equipment anywhere.  Well, sorry, there's the shop cart.
"Not groundbreaking" is a pretty polite way of putting it.  And I'm not joking or exaggerating when I say I have more bench space in my basement workshop.

Your basement is entirely irrelevant to my point. The bench space is for creating miners. Whether you see tools or not is irrelevant. Ask CandianGuy, Ken has the tools. Wink Ken is prepared for six different cases to be assembled at the same time, if you can only fit two individuals at each station. That's it. There is no negative spin to put on this. This is a space for creating miners. Miners make us money.

This is good.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
4ju5tice

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 04:33:06 AM

Weekly Update 12/25/13

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Here is a picture of our manufacturing line for assembling miners.

Assembly Line

We are working on assembling everything, so when our boards and chips arrive, we can ship the miners fast.

Thanks for the update Ken. Great work, I know you've been doing a lot. Merry Christmas!

Hi.
babybonobo

Activity: 278

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:39:54 AM

Another photo of the case boxes I found in l33t h4x0r mode :p

http://axs.net/VMC/photo1.jpg
tom.hashemi

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 07:40:22 AM

Weekly Update 12/25/13

Assembly Line

We are working on assembling everything, so when our boards and chips arrive, we can ship the miners fast.

Perfect, thank you.

Happy Christmas!
WildFire.ca

Activity: 980
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:34:52 AM

Merry Christmas Ken and thanks for the update.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
sparky999

Activity: 473

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:53:08 AM

beautiful ken!

hmmmm a troll post from an account opened two days ago . . . . I wonder who this could be. You have been reported to the mods - Goodbye
VinceSamios

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 09:28:22 AM

Weekly Update 12/25/13

Assembly Line

Lets take a moment to thank Ken for taking the time to post this ON CHRISTMAS!

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
funkymunky

Activity: 283

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:17:25 AM

Thank you ever so much Ken

Especially as you took the effort to post this on Christmas Day too.

I'm very excited for what the New Year will bring for ActiveMining!

- On a side note this is the first time I've been able to read this thread without having to wade through so much unnecessary rubbish, I really hope we can keep it up.
NxtChoice

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:26:09 AM

Thank you Ken for your work!
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:19:01 AM

Thank for the update Ken, Merry Christmas.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:50:13 AM

Weekly Update 12/25/13

Assembly Line

Just two more week until chips arrive right?

People still believe this will end up well. Why?

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:18:36 PM

1) How much did you we pay for the tables?
2) What kind of training or previous experience workers have
3) How much are they paid (monthly, weekly) and have they signed the contacts (are hired)
4) Haw many rigs must be built as of today (total paid orders) and what is the estimated date and work hours for completing those rigs. 

Oh, and we are still waiting for the PL and balance sheet for previous month.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:44:00 PM

Eskimo - first off Happy Christmas.

Second, all your questions are valid but you should think about framing them in another way - as they look like a set of demands. An introductory 'Hi are you able to answer these question' etc. goes a long way. If I was reading your post and it was aimed at me I would ignore it as the tone of it is uncivil - I'm sure you would do exactly the same. All the best.

Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: