Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:57:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 [378] 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771073 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
babybonobo

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:13:39 AM

Sorry if this was asked many times by others. Is there any update from eAsic? I've come here from time to time since the end of November, when the (sample) chips were supposed to be ready.

Nothing from eASIC directly that I'm aware of, besides speculation.  You can check out their website and see that the 28nm ASIC is still marketed as "coming soon" while the full details of their 45nm and 90nm ASICs are obviously available and listed, if that does anything for ya.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:29:25 AM

Sorry if this was asked many times by others. Is there any update from eAsic? I've come here from time to time since the end of November, when the (sample) chips were supposed to be ready.

Nothing from eASIC directly that I'm aware of, besides speculation.  You can check out their website and see that the 28nm ASIC is still marketed as "coming soon" while the full details of their 45nm and 90nm ASICs are obviously available and listed, if that does anything for ya.
Thanks a lot. So they are developing 45nm and 90nm mining ASICs for others? Do we know who ordered them?
PurpleTentacle

Activity: 384

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:56:30 AM

Nothing from eASIC directly that I'm aware of, besides speculation.  You can check out their website and see that the 28nm ASIC is still marketed as "coming soon" while the full details of their 45nm and 90nm ASICs are obviously available and listed, if that does anything for ya.
Thanks a lot. So they are developing 45nm and 90nm mining ASICs for others? Do we know who ordered them?

Babybonobo didn't say that the 45nm & 90nm ASICs are for mining purposes, just that they are available on eASIC's website.

iPass

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:28:29 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 12:53:22 PM by iPass

in the news:
Bargraphics is about to visit VMC… everybody holds their breath.
Thanks Bar !!!! Good luck

ITT: Space Opera 2014 Redux
Bargraphics, on a quest to become a Jedi Knight, is lured into Darth Ken's underground lair, where he is seduced by Dart Gerald - to join him on The Dark Side.
Bargraphics - blond and basically good - resists, until he is confronted by Darth Ken, who tells Bargraphics "I am not in San Jose, I am your father."
Shaken, streaming with tears and snot, Bargraphics sloppily succumbs to Ken's devious dupery as the two men lock in embrace.  The deception is complete when Darth Ken whispers "I had to deceive you, my son.  For the good of The Empire.  I had to perfect Intellihash."

Will Bargraphics betray his friends and party on the Dark Side with Darth Gerald, Darth Ken & mysterious TheSamNoi?  
Will Darth Ken's demonic Intellihash lay waste to the Mining Empire?
Find out later today - same thread, same subeather channel.
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 01:05:05 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 01:40:52 PM by zumzero

@zumzero

I did not mean any insult by what I stated and I'm glad you didn't take it like that. I only mean that you are an unreliable source with this company. I have seen your posts and I believe you are overly biased towards this company. Even if you see faults it seems you will block them out, attack whoever shed light on them and work to cover up or defend them. These are the people anyone here should be most weary about when it comes to investing like this. They have the ability to make you believe them which can blind you to very bad situations that can arise.

I don't trust your posts because I haven't seen you posts against Active Mining even when everyone should have been. Though I have not been on the forum everyday for the last two months so I may have missed many of your posts; the ones I have seen have always been pro-AcTm/we are on the right track which is definitely not the case.

Jo, thanks for saying it's not personal.  I can deal with the personal stuff although it genuinely gets to me when people call into doubt my honesty.  If you were to look back at my posts the pattern you would notice is that my contributions are fairly level  headed and indeed pro-ActM until a fudster or troll turn up and I then go for the jugular.  This is because I can not abide injustice and will always stick up for people where I see wrong doing.  Even with my efforts I still think there is an enormous imbalance of people who hate on Ken and if I thought this could potentially lead to him throwing in the towel at some point then why would I not attempt to address this as best I could when I had so much to lose if the project failed?
I find it amazing that there are people who believe that a cheerleader is more dangerous than a fudster and troll as I understand a cheerleader to be someone who cheerleads because they believe in a company.  If a cheerleader is someone who may not believe in a company but promotes them then I am no cheerleader.
Now people can take what I say with a pinch of salt all they like, that's fine, but when I share information from the kindness of my own heart by quoting the CEO's PM's, how long until that CEO exposes my lies if I am publicly tampering with his words?
Edit: Jo to give you a better understanding of my posts and my mindset, I'll say this.  I'm an amateur endurance athlete believe it or not, and if I ever accepted that failure was a possibility in any challenge, then I wouldn't get out of bed in the morning.  Perhaps I recognise that tenacity in Ken.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:11:36 PM

"FUDSTER" is an outdated name in this thread now.  The proper term would be "realist".  We were promoted after Ken admitted he doesn't know what he's doing.  Some of you are still stuck and need to evolve to the next step.

minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:17:14 PM

zumzero - Nice post fella. Its not usual for people to be so open as you are on here basically because there are way too many immature voices. The testosterone levels on here are through the roof most of the time and boys will be boys.

I also think (hope) I recognise honesty when I see it and we have had chats about Ken and raised doubts about some of his decisions over comms etc, but the one thing we do agree on is his honesty. Yes  many shareholders may well be right that in terms of being informed about how this company is progressing they have been badly let down. But I still don't think Ken will do well out of this unless we do well. After so long on this project I can't see him not putting everything he's got into this. Certainly his family are up to their necks so its a big big deal for them all.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:59:31 PM

Good Morning guys,

First pictures of the boards.

This is the board and you can see the huge Oscillator built right in.

Hah I'm kidding, this is actually in a cabinet at the hotel I'm staying at. Something about "e-cycling" which I couldn't help but snap a picture of.

Edit: And the clock actually works! Tongue
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:03:27 PM

I would like to post something relevant:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1u4v0o/i_sued_bfl_in_kansas_jurisdiction_and_won/

It looks like its not easy as Ken Slaughter may think to steal Bitcoins.  Let's hope the lawsuits keep coming to these shady ASIC manufacturers including VMC (if you would even call them an asic manufacturer).

I say VMC customers try to go for Bitcoin refunds rather than fiat refunds.  It seems to work in other cases so far.

VolanicEruptor

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:20:05 PM

Labcoin lawsuit is also about to show some action

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325431.msg4495577#msg4495577

We are finally reaching the time when scammers become liable for their actions.  I bet you every Bitcoin scammer on U.S. soil can be brought to justice, its just a matter of time to organize and execute a plan.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:19:58 PM

Hah I'm kidding, this is actually in a cabinet at the hotel I'm staying at. Something about "e-cycling" which I couldn't help but snap a picture of.

When does your visit end? So i can start asking questions.

zefyr0s

Activity: 245

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:10:16 PM

Volanic: then do it. Did you order a miner? Request a refund if you are unhappy. Try to keep speculation and fear-baiting out of this discussion.

Good stuff Bar, will be checking in while at work. I'm curious to see what they have to show you.
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 05:28:37 PM

When does your visit end? So i can start asking questions.

See, it's posters like this that get my hackles up.  Why would anyone, who is a non-shareholder and believes that ActM is a sinking ship (his words) express this kind of interest when they have already formed their opinions and regardless of what Bargraphics decides to share, will slag of this company off? It's people like this that make me highly suspicious of their dubious intentions.  I get it in the neck for merely sharing information and yet people like this get defended because they are asking questions.  Bullshit.

What would have been a more truthful post would read, "When will you post your findings because I will be refuting everything you say regardless of what you say."

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
gjpminingco

Activity: 350

Co-Owner Of DCMCo-Op Mining Farm at 3.5 th/s

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 06:17:38 PM

Jo, thanks for saying it's not personal.  I can deal with the personal stuff although it genuinely gets to me when people call into doubt my honesty.  If you were to look back at my posts the pattern you would notice is that my contributions are fairly level  headed and indeed pro-ActM until a fudster or troll turn up and I then go for the jugular.  This is because I can not abide injustice and will always stick up for people where I see wrong doing.  Even with my efforts I still think there is an enormous imbalance of people who hate on Ken and if I thought this could potentially lead to him throwing in the towel at some point then why would I not attempt to address this as best I could when I had so much to lose if the project failed?
I find it amazing that there are people who believe that a cheerleader is more dangerous than a fudster and troll as I understand a cheerleader to be someone who cheerleads because they believe in a company.  If a cheerleader is someone who may not believe in a company but promotes them then I am no cheerleader.
Now people can take what I say with a pinch of salt all they like, that's fine, but when I share information from the kindness of my own heart by quoting the CEO's PM's, how long until that CEO exposes my lies if I am publicly tampering with his words?
Edit: Jo to give you a better understanding of my posts and my mindset, I'll say this.  I'm an amateur endurance athlete believe it or not, and if I ever accepted that failure was a possibility in any challenge, then I wouldn't get out of bed in the morning.  Perhaps I recognise that tenacity in Ken.

+1,000,000,000,000,000 BTC and Karma Points for this Post Zum

It is refreshing to see People be open and honest these days

And from someone who talks Regularly With ken and trying to help him in any way possible, All i can say due to NDA agreements with Ken is that Some Very Big Surprises are coming Soon for all the FUDsters and Nay-sayers about VMC and ActM  

Bitdust

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:57:04 PM

[snip]
And from someone who talks Regularly With ken and trying to help him in any way possible, All i can say due to NDA agreements with Ken is that Some Very Big Surprises are coming Soon for all the FUDsters and Nay-sayers about VMC and ActM  

I took you up on your offer, "Admin Of TheFreeBitCoinsLst.com Come Check Us out," and got a Big Surprise.
Your site's dead Sad
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:02:54 PM

Hey guys,

Writing this on my iphone so I'll make it brief.

I met with Micah and Gerald over here and got a brief tour of the warehouse where I saw the workbenches and their Avalons hashing.

My initial impression was they were very open and enjoyed having customers/shareholders come by. The place was relatively easy to find.

i had breakfast with Gerald and most of my questions were cut short due to only Ken having the authority to answer them.

Gerald let me know that they are still getting orders. Ken is in San Jose meeting with eASIC and the board engineers. Gerald said he is excited for the news that should come back with Ken hopefully sometime this week.

I asked them about their financial situation and of course it was very vague but he mentioned that even if every customer wanted a refund ( and they are giving refunds to anyone that requests them ) they would still be in good shape to continue with the project.

Ken should be back by the weekend and I have a meeting planned with him then.

So take this as you will. They have stressed to me that they are open to others to visit just give them a call/pm/email and set it up if you'd like to come by.

My opinion of the situation is that they seem to be making every effort to make this project happen,
there were delays that could have avoided but it also appears eASIC is working with them to resolve these issues asap.

Tale all of this as you will but I expect the meeting with Ken directly will be more more informative.
gjpminingco

Activity: 350

Co-Owner Of DCMCo-Op Mining Farm at 3.5 th/s

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 07:11:14 PM

[snip]

I took you up on your offer, "Admin Of TheFreeBitCoinsLst.com Come Check Us out," and got a Big Surprise.
Your site's dead Sad

Yes Site is Dead Right now ( Due to the MASSIVE LOSS and Legal issues i had with the mining Pool 50btc.com ) But I will have the Site back up soon thanks to a VERY generous Site Partnership  i just made with Someone who wishes to remain Anonymous.

So TheFreeBitCoinsList.com Will Be Back Better then Ever Soon :-)

Ok I am now done with the Self Plugging

LoL.........LoL.........LoL

neilol

Activity: 302

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:11:38 PM

My opinion of the situation is that they seem to be making every effort to make this project happen,
there were delays that could have avoided but it also appears eASIC is working with them to resolve these issues asap.

Its good to have some confirmation of this, thanks for taking the time to do this trip BG. eASIC being present and trying to resolve the issue is good as well.

bromide

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:14:31 PM

@Bar:  Take any pics of the benches or the Avalons?
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:21:04 PM

Hey guys,

Writing this on my iphone so I'll make it brief.

I met with Micah and Gerald over here and got a brief tour of the warehouse where I saw the workbenches and their Avalons hashing.

My initial impression was they were very open and enjoyed having customers/shareholders come by. The place was relatively easy to find.

i had breakfast with Gerald and most of my questions were cut short due to only Ken having the authority to answer them.

Gerald let me know that they are still getting orders. Ken is in San Jose meeting with eASIC and the board engineers. Gerald said he is excited for the news that should come back with Ken hopefully sometime this week.

I asked them about their financial situation and of course it was very vague but he mentioned that even if every customer wanted a refund ( and they are giving refunds to anyone that requests them ) they would still be in good shape to continue with the project.

Ken should be back by the weekend and I have a meeting planned with him then.

So take this as you will. They have stressed to me that they are open to others to visit just give them a call/pm/email and set it up if you'd like to come by.

Tale all of this as you will but I expect the meeting with Ken directly will be more more informative.

Bargraphics, thanks for taking the time to inquire into the situation at VMC. I'm looking forward to your interview with Ken.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Pages: « 1 ... 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 [378] 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: