Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:25:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET  (Read 5308 times)
Pemburu dollar

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 05:22:39 AM

All we just need to do is just be cautious and dont give them a benefit of a doubt to hack your wallet.  Hackers only hack those account if they know that it has a lot of money. So we must be humble all the time so that we can avoid scammer.

I was so lucky that I did not suffer such a fate, I did not go to an obscure destination and watch as a gem for my little purse
people who have long tied up life with crypto currency and increased their income, even though they collided with intruders.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 05:34:15 AM

I am holding Bitcoins for more than 5 years in my online wallets and till now no one has hacked into any of my wallets. If you keep your coins securely and take the necessary precautions, then no one will steal the coins from you.
jemarleon

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Silence

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 05:37:53 AM

These tips are helpful, thank you for sharing this although this is not the first topic posted in this forum but still I admire your effort on researching things to protect your wallet.
Boys27

Activity: 329
Merit: 100

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 05:40:01 AM

information that is very useful for beginners, and also can remind for professionals. because I think the main enemy of the cypto is hecker, so we all have to be careful and maximize your security to reduce the risk of losing our cyrpto

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                         
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
Salauusman

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 05:51:20 AM

This tip is very helpful for newbie, even old members. Thank you so much for this great information
Saldom12

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:33:57 AM

I do not really understand this. Because I am new to bitcoiner world. What I know hackers are very clever and cunning if it knows how hard it would be difficult to return it.
SAYDAKHMETOV

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:56:43 AM

Thanks for these tips. My wallet was also recently hacked and from there stole my money and coins. It was very pathetic of course. Now I will be more vigilant and gorgeous.
calabrianexceeded

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:00:51 AM

many people are hacked because they do not know how to protect their own coins and they do not know how to put security in place to prevent hackers. Prevent things as much as possible not to use a public computer to check the status of your wallet, check other devices that do not belong You can also help.
Raidal

Activity: 560

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 07:08:55 AM

I will share how to secure my bitcoin wallet from these irresponsible hackers. Which I should not forget is I have to keep my bitcoin wallet password safely and nobody else knows about it. Secondly, I need to activate the security features on my wallet completely, like enabling the 2FA feature and making sure the email address is not automatically forwarded to someone else's email. Thirdly, I will always quote my bitcoin wallet correctly and make sure it can not open automatically with the same laptop or computer. Lastly, I will change my bitcoin wallet password periodically. This is to avoid a true guess against my bitcoin wallet password.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
fahadrawr

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:18:20 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2018, 08:00:05 AM by fahadrawr

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
Protect yourself from cyber criminals

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

1st: Protect your GMAIL or EMAIL ACCOUNT

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

2nd: Use your own DEVICE or COMPUTER/PHONE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

3rd: Always backup you PK's or PRIVATE KEYS

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

4th: Don't open links from malicious emails

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI  

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.

Nice info's but, i think most advanced computer user's are already familiar with most of these hacking strategies except for the benefit of newbies.

Do you have any idea's or knowledge about protecting wallet against possible so-called bitcoin private key generator? This are program developed to automatically guest & crack encrypted key through a combination of certain number's

I pointed out this because, now their are lot of advanced hacking techniques which has been employed to steal coin. I think security tester's and coder's in bitcoin enviroment should  focus more on this area's.

Thanks for the info's
Bitcseo
This info really help a lot because you give details completely. These are actually a great help specially to us newbies when it comes to Cryptocurrency and Bitcoins. Thank you for sharing this kind of good info for us i want to learn more how to avoid the hackers hacking my wallet.
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:39:07 AM

For me rhe best way to secure your crypto earnings and investment is by keeping it in a hardware wallet or a paper wallet.
The hackers couldn't access or use it unless they have your passphrase.

Jerzzz

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:00:21 AM

All we just need to do is just be cautious and dont give them a benefit of a doubt to hack your wallet.  Hackers only hack those account if they know that it has a lot of money. So we must be humble all the time so that we can avoid scammer.
chibimanau

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:25:13 AM

Thank you very much. The information you provide is very good for me and for beginners to participate in bitcoin. This is a great help and it is very important to protect the bitcoin account. I have recently restricted the use of the third party service, as well as not click the links that are in my email.
edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 11:24:47 AM

For me rhe best way to secure your crypto earnings and investment is by keeping it in a hardware wallet or a paper wallet.

Yes right but not all people can afford one of the hardware wallets

Thank you very much. The information you provide is very good for me and for beginners to participate in bitcoin. This is a great help and it is very important to protect the bitcoin account. I have recently restricted the use of the third party service, as well as not click the links that are in my email.

Yes we should be more cautious in clicking spam links or email sent to our email account in this way we van help our self to prevent hackers

sd
Dejech19

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:45:45 AM

Yes we should be more cautious in clicking spam links or email sent to our email account in this way we van help our self to prevent hackers

Super true, always think before clicking to avoid hackers. In addition make sure that everything will secretly keep by your own such as the private keys and the gadgets that you will be using.
edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 05:16:30 PM

Super true, always think before clicking to avoid hackers. In addition make sure that everything will secretly keep by your own such as the private keys and the gadgets that you will be using.

Never save them in your computer make a separate drive for sving the srnsitive files

sd
papa-tata

Activity: 145
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 05:22:26 PM

I often receive suspicious email links into my email. but I never open it even though it's a very interesting offer. I just open an email from a verified source or that I know. if you have the potential or have a large fund in the crypto wallet is sure a lot of cyber crime that will pursue you so be careful.
LETme

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 05:35:14 PM

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
Protect yourself from cyber criminals

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

1st: Protect your GMAIL or EMAIL ACCOUNT

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

2nd: Use your own DEVICE or COMPUTER/PHONE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

3rd: Always backup you PK's or PRIVATE KEYS

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

4th: Don't open links from malicious emails

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.
I agree usually the hackers tricks us by sending to email a link and better to ignore or delete it because if we fall for the hackers trap they will steal any information on us so think before we click and usually we always connect our devices in a public places, So never do that again because we don't know if it is a hackers trap. Anyways this is a good information for all the users.
foaman

Activity: 274

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:45:29 AM

The best method to be protected. Use only authorized wallets and sites. Do not tell anyone and now passwords. Use only the home network for work.
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 02:32:10 PM

information that is very useful for beginners, and also can remind for professionals. because I think the main enemy of the cypto is hecker, so we all have to be careful and maximize your security to reduce the risk of losing our cyrpto

I’d also recommend to protect your wi-fi router, as there are viruses that attack not PCs but routers, and then intercept the inbond and outbond traffic and send your data to hackers. Check this article, I found some important information here:

https://www.techradar.com/news/vpnfilter-router-virus-more-dangerous-and-widespread-than-initially-thought
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: