Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:41:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost half of my crypto amount! what to do?  (Read 10068 times)
oviudiu

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:12:24 PM

Well, as long as you don't Sell, you still got your money. This is one of the biggest dips but the market will soon get back and we will be on the moon train again!
Just Hold!
jackolinyoko

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:13:15 PM

You need to search which of the coins you are holding are for good for the long term hold so that you can dispose those coin which arent good investments for the shorterm,cut your losses so that you wont lose everything you had,i suggest conduct your own research first before investing to any of these coins because the market is flooded with so much worthless investments.

CryptRoller

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 11:15:38 PM

Well, I believe you got 6 pages of HODL.
I agree. You sell, you lose. Most traders believe that a bullish run is coming, when in doubt, follow the herd...

[   eGOLD  M I N I N G   ]    Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
                                INVEST NOW                              
❪❪ WP | How it Works ❫❫   ◾ telegram  ◾ facebook  ◾ twitter
DroidR17A

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:18:54 PM

Take a deep breath and look at what the market's doing. It's slow going, but it's recovering. Might take a few months, but we'll be back up there soon enough. Patience grass hopper.
bstewart

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:21:06 PM

Most everyone's portfolios have fallen since the boom and then correction of January/February. If you are in legitimate coins, then I would recommend holding your position. If you bought pure trash, then you might be in a pickle...
reypinioco

Activity: 182
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:21:25 PM

Just hold the long term coins which you have bought,search which of your coins are good in long term holdings,dispose all the shitcoins in your portfolio and start over until you have achieve your losses,or you already recovered the money that you have lose.Do not forget to do your own research with the background of each coin so that you wont have any regrets in the future.

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((     BIDIUM     )))           Pre-ICO Active | Join NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |       TWITTER       |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
tmoney88

Activity: 142

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:27:56 PM

HODL, HODL, and HODL. Is the safest approach by far. What you can do as well, is being that we are still techincally in a dip, you can buy in low on some other projects, to lower your break even point. But where you have already taken some big losses, it may be wisest to wait it out.

Just remember that this is a normal occurrence in crypto currency. It's nothing new. If you believed in it before, nothing has changed to where you shouldn't still believe in it now. Things will turn around.
totnaksquad

Activity: 182

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:28:33 PM

Hold the long term coins that you have bought,sell the shitcoins after the market has recovered and your coins has gained atleast 50% of your losses.Do not trust anyone with your investments so you wont regret in th future,only get those coins which are worthy investments check each coin's background so you would know which is which.

ldah94

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:32:11 PM

One of the best advice I've read.

"You must understand the time dimension. All losses/profits are temporary until you've made the trade. All altcoins are related but on their own market cycle. Most of your coins are winners but you need the patience to wait for the right time to make each trade."

That's right, for everything there is a cycle even in the cryptocurrency market, once a currency shows a marked bearish trend it has to reach a support where the change of trend occurs and it starts to be bullish, once you buy and arrive to have losses of more than 10% of your investment what remains is to wait for the currency to rise again and not despair.
Usui-Kun

Activity: 224

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:37:17 PM

You just invested so much on the wrong period since you lost the chance to invest when they crashed. All you can do now is hodl since those coins are still up there and have so much potential on them. You can still have a huge amount of profit at the right time.

Gunpaycity

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:47:08 PM

with conditions like that the best thing to do is hold the coin in the wallet and expect the coin price to go up or at least stabilize so we do not get bigger losses

●● Phoenex Global ●●
◆ Taking Cryptocurrency Exchange to a New Height ◆
Telegram  ◣Facebook  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
cryptoguy9813 (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:08:49 AM

You just invested so much on the wrong period since you lost the chance to invest when they crashed. All you can do now is hodl since those coins are still up there and have so much potential on them. You can still have a huge amount of profit at the right time.

What are your thoughts on my coins? Which should I keep and which should I trash? Looking back I should have put less money but in the big boy coins.

I got cardano, tron, ripple, and ethos.
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:35:37 AM

The best thing for you is to hold your coin and wait for reversal in price. The period of waiting is however unknown but you can be sure there will be a reversal and possibly great profit in the future of the coin you invested in. But if you sell you have secure your loss
PatM14

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:39:08 AM

pulling out now makes your losses realized. stay strong and HODL
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:52:49 AM

Just hold and take relax, in my opinion on March the crypto market will change to uptrend, and not all the times the market will stay in the current price and they will move and going up. So just wait patient for that, and not only you on floating minus but there are many trader and investor are the same situation.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
Hillthy

Activity: 229

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:54:50 AM

Yes, The problem here is his choice. If the coin is competing for the value of the use or utility or loses its popularity in the market. In addition, many external influences affect its value. Hold and maintain can increase the damage or can not return to the equilibrium value. A coin for sustainable growth and strong growth must create a trend and value for use in the world community.
hyunee

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:17:33 AM

It seems here that you have a wrong choice on where to invest. I suggest that you should first do some research before investing on one coins or whichever coins you wish to invest. Researching will help you a lot in investing. I suggest you should first look at the market whether the there is a stable graph or whenever there is an increase inline. You should also look at the white paper wherein you can see there a lot of coins. You can also look for their site of the coins. Its really helpful.
zhangcaisbsbn55

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:30:04 AM

So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?
I think you can wait for the time to come and for the price to go up. If you sell them, you may lose the money forever but if you wait you may win them back.

jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 03:54:32 AM

So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?

Do you need the money now or you can still live without that money? If you can still take the loss then maybe you can still buy more of the coins you still believe would increase and maybe let go of those coins that you think are just hype and the more you hold it, the more you lose an opportunity to invest in the coins that has potential. You got fomoed and I believe you learn the lesson from it. If you like swing trading then you can try taking back your loss by slowly accumulating small profits from time to time.

leland orser

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:57:12 AM

Experience is the best teacher, you should be happy that you learned something, if you can take a loss, so I suggest that you continue to hold these tokens, so when the bull market comes, you don't have any lost.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: