Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:27:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost half of my crypto amount! what to do?  (Read 10066 times)
SergiOLa

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:19:13 PM

That the  reason you need to understand the concept behind cryptocurrency, it is volatile in nature and you should always put the amount you are able to afford to loose... My advise is for you to still hold some of the coins you believe still have future and opportunity to grow because i believe most of them will still moon.... Dont give up...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Agent99

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:32:38 PM

So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?

please take in your mind " do not panic sell or buy". crypto saw many falling and so many raising only see the chart and do not panic sell they will raise again.
lunafreya

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:44:48 PM

I definitely suggest you to hold and wait. Never sell your coins lower prize than you bought before. All crypto will recover soon and coins will start to rise again don’t worry and don’t be panic. It’s not helpful. I know waiting is boring but it is the best things to do right now.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 04:47:34 PM

What I do now is when I receive tokens for my work  I sell 50% of them and hedge in Bitcoin, Ethereum and Fiat, then I keep the rest and see if they moon for longer term or if they wither. Some of my holdings now are very long holdings. This way I am taking some money home for family expenses each month and not risking all my investments and coins to always go down and down n the bear run.  made mistake of not selling them at ATH a few times but now in the nexy bull run I will sell off a stash and then reload in next dip.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
arthotdog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:54:27 PM

I myself have made similar mistakes of FOMO and it just seems like everyone does, like it is an oath to becoming a good trader. So you have made the cardinal mistake of FOMOing (dw we all have) now you are in a spot of hodl or sell I would hodl myself because I don't like selling at losses. Also you have to look at whether those coins or not have a chance of getting out of the red and as far as I know those are okay coins and you should be able to creep out of losses. Lastly, know that I am still bag holding a couple of alts from last year some of which I have had for 10 months now (and don't know when I can get rid of but will wait it out).

I should have just went with bitcoin or ethereum. Cause if they go up then the other alt coins go up. They are the leaders of the pack it seems like. I will hodl since I don't want to sell at a loss. But you think they will go back up by the end of the year?
well you should have do that then holdinf bitcoin and ethereum.but since this is not your destiny we must decide now for you're  recovery..the truth is many experts now predicting that not all the coins whos dips can go back to their original form.some of them will continue dies.but you didnot mentioned what coins are you having
Zyborg

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:46:00 PM

Well you had a very luxury amount for investment.Your selection of investment is not goo,you should also invest some amount into BTC,ETH. You should keep in mind that fluctuations very common in Crypto World,hold your investment in future you will be able to recover your loss dont be so impatient.
1.XPR is a centralized crypto currency its being overpriced,its supply is very huge in Coinmarketcap.Its community is also increading dont you worry it will also increase in your value hold if for some months.
2.Tron(TRX) is also powered by a strong project based on smart contract high transaction speed,less transaction fee is a good coin but it will take years for TRX to reach at a good price,so either you have to hold it or you have to sell it depends upon you.
3.Cardano (ADA) is also based on smart contract platform similar to ETH,another growing coin.Price is increasing on daily basis.marketcap is also significant.

Now Coin market is recovering from price correction phase have patience and hold your investment you may recover your loss as 2018 is another good year for investment point of view and also from price increment view.
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:47:39 PM

Do not worry or get frustrated, you have 2 options now either sell in loss and move to the next better investment where you think that prospects of profit are high or secondly you can just keep holding and wait for your target price to reach in your current holdings.

Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:13:41 PM

We all are in a similar situation now because the whole crypto market has fallen. But we should not panic. It seems to me that very soon the market cap will rise again. All community has been waiting for this event for a little bit more than one month (only!). I am sure the time of surge is coming Wink
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 03:08:18 AM

Hodl is best way to gain profit, fluctuacion of crypto so high so the market still able to going up in the long term, just hold it in minimum 1 year and i believe you can get best profit. But if you are day trader, you can sell it and buy back at lower price but this is need more time and more skill.

Geoll29

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:15:09 AM

It is not yet the end of the crypto if half of the investment were lost. As long as the value is not zero there is still hope that it would rise again. This is the time we're saying that everyone should be patient. Just wait for the crypto to rise up again and do other things at the moment.

Eros1on

Activity: 258

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:28:21 AM

Hold on for a long time, don't always pay attention to the current price, if the good market comes, then your cryto should be able to recover the original price, and the price may be higher.

CrazeCoinz

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:48:24 AM

So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?

One advice: don't sell at a loss if you don't have to.

Yeah, you need to hodl and wait when it bounce back or sell in losing end. Hope you had learned from that experience and you will now more mature in dealing your funds. Knowledge is necessary before putting your money into crypto as everything here is unpredictable.
xen14

Activity: 102
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:50:52 AM

i did lost almost everything i have last year Oct when btc skyrocketing and alts bleeding.. after this month i have think a new strategy
participate every Bounty i can join airdrops and use those funds to ICO and flip it... may take longer but yeah Cant be a millionier or something overnight
Mystica101

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:59:30 AM

I know you're not the only one experiencing this situation all of us make mistakes but this is part of learning and this will serve as a great lesson for you so better to move forward and eventually you'll overcome it. And I suggest you not to sell your holdings now even you feel frustrated but instead continue the things that you've been doing since then that which you think will do good for you.
cryptoislove

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:07:13 AM

HODL Is the safest approach by far. What you can do as well, is being that we are still technically in a dip, you can buy in low on some other projects, to lower your break even point.
OKEYDOKEY

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:20:18 AM

You have to understand that the crypto market is very small and it can be manipulated very easily by whales and market makers. Banks and institutions coming making presence in the market makes short term outlook even worse. Nevertheless if you believe the crypto is here ti sta when looking long-term, I think your position is better than others who will be flodding in this year.
leland orser

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:43:36 AM

At present the downward trend in the whole market is still, so I think if you need the money, then you can consider to sell, if you need money, so hold, because long-term holdings will certainly let you make money.

Jezren

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:56:33 AM

I think all newbies had been a victim of FOMO.I also did that too last year, I bought a token in its ATH then the next days it dropped 75% but then I don't want to loose so I decided to hold .For now I already gained profit and I see great potential in this token so gonna hold it for a couple of months.Read the whitepaper,check roadmap and get to know the team and if you think its has potential then hold, In right time you'll gain something in return.I think ripple has a potential to grow more, tron... I'm stuck with that token too lets just keep on believing(haha).
moni44

Activity: 209

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:01:41 AM

yah you right after end 2017 everyone invest bitcoin and the other coin because in 2017 crypto so promising. and now the price drop so far turning red in few weeks. i suggest to hold you coin. maybe the price going up again and you can pull out. if you pull out now is the same you got lost to.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:03:04 AM

The losses are paper losses only so when the next big rise starts, you will be back in green
eventually. Plenty of others are holding positions bought at the highs too so you're not the
only one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: