Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:36:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost half of my crypto amount! what to do?  (Read 10068 times)
integrap

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:57:35 PM

I used stop loss on exchange. So my loss was not so big. But I hold I altcoin and it is in its half price. I will wait for a long time for its recovery. I believe that market cycle keeps the same moves. So at least I can sell it at the same price. But many people lost so much money after last crash in the market. It is better to hodl and wait.

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:13:33 PM

it seems that you are not alone in facing this situation, I am too, even my friend is worse, this is the risk of cryptocurrency, but believe me, just hold, you will get the value back, keep the spirit

Almost all investors are in the same situation. The main thing now is not to start the panic. It will be also cool if those, who start losing won't sell their altcoins. Experts say that in 2018 the market of crypto will grow again.
neinnein125

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

VTOS

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:15:50 PM

I am also one of those guys that lost %50 to %70. But I didn't panic for single second while it was happening. So you shouldn't worry and wait for markets to start recovering. Then you will be fine.

▄█████████████████████▄
  ▄
█████████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████████████▀
 ▀████
███████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████
     ████
█████████████████
      ████
██████████████
       █████████████████
        ███████████████
         ▀███████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
V T O S      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
MEDIUM    TWITTER     GITHUB

⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
AlexMorzoff

Activity: 169

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:20:23 PM

Market have been crazy over the last few months so the best thing to do is to hold and wait until values completely recovers from the dip. If you still have the financial capacity to purchase some coins and take advantage of the low prices, it would also be a good thing to do but choose the coins you will buy carefully.
DrewXland

Activity: 409

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:59:04 PM

Never sell coins when the market is low. Try to buy more and sell on the next up leg. At the minute, it's a buyers market so load up on the solid plays like NEO, Eth, Bitcoin, IOTA, and Tron.
cacucacok91

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:01:08 PM

I on your place would not have panicked and left everything to the best of times, the market is cyclical and someday he will once again be restored

▄██▄  ██ ▄▄
        ▄███▄███  █ ▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀ ▄
      ▄ █████▀▀▀██▀ ███ ▄▀▀▀▄ █
     ▄▄ ▀███▀ ██▄▄ ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄██▄
   ▄ ▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▀▀ ███ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ████
  ██ ██ █▀▀▀█ ▀▀         ▀▀▀  ▄▄▀▀▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄  █▄▄▄█             ██  ▀▀ ████
 █ ▄▄ █  ▀▀▀              ▀ ██ ██ ▀▀
 █ ▀▀ █ ██▀                 ▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀
███ ▄▄ ▄██▄
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██▀                ▄███▄ ▄
 █▀▀█  ▄▄▄▄▄               █████  ▄▄
 █▄▄█ █▀ ▄ ▀█              ▀███▀ ████
  ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄▄  ▄  ▄ ▄██▄  ▄   ▀██▀
  ▀█▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀███ ███ ▀ ▀██▀ ▀▄▀ █▄
    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄  ███▄█▀
    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄▄ █▀ ▄ ▀█ ████ ███▀
        ██ ███ █  █  █  ▀▀ █
            ▀▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀  ▀▀
.CRYPTONITY.

The Crypto Community Exchange
▐▐ █ █ █ █ ██ ██  Public Sale 1  Starts: Nov 1, 2018
A comprehensive “Cryptosystem”
Security & Insurance
A Community centric trading platform
|
Whitepaper   .Telegram.   ANN Thread
.▬Twitter▬.     Discord     ..Facebook..
Reddit  ●●⚫   Medium   ⚫●●  LinkedIn
kakawin

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:58:37 AM

I on your place would not have panicked and left everything to the best of times, the market is cyclical and someday he will once again be restored

This is the best advice for the current difficult times. We need to wait for the recovery of the crypto currency market. It will definitely happen, but it is not known when.  Roll Eyes
Nivelir

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:06:11 AM

Of course it's very sad that you lost half of your deposit, but on the other hand, we all lose something here, someone by virtue of their greediness loses almost all of its deposit, someone loses 20% of their deposit. We are all not perfect.
marcau
Copper Member

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

Blockchain enthusiast, English-French Translator

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:09:20 AM

What to do ? Just take it as a lesson, never FOMO again (it's hard I know and sometimes a bit of FOMO can work) and never panic sell. If you missed your stop loss, just hold. You will make it back don't worry.

PS: Oh and avoid Ripple
Olajide Olaoluwa

Activity: 432

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:12:34 AM

Techspecs already sold more than 250 thousand tokens. Don't miss out on the opportunity to participate on its pre-sale. Visit the website for more information about the promising ICO.
think3214

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:14:10 AM

So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?
Currently I have no advice for you, but I hope the price of your altcoin holding will increase again, you trust the market in the future, 2018 will be the year boom. I'm sure it will happen. Be assured, it is a learning experience for yourself. Wish you more success in the future.
thaovtt210

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:40:32 AM

You shouldnt be buying anything without any proper knowledge,because our market is full of shitty scam coins,a lot of people are getting fomo because of the pumps and dumps but that is normal when you are into something new.Im sure right now you would be more vigillant with your investment and you are going to research a lot before buying anything because you have lose money with your carelessness.

I would say that you are not the only one get into that embarrasses situation, looking back to my last 2 month, it's the first period of my trading carreer, I and 3 of my firends started investing ICO, I remember its was Bitdegree, an very potential project, and as our expectations, the price pump to x10 but we were so silly, so greedy overestimating and imaginating that coin, and then belong to the down course of Bitcoin + scandal of ETH + the detorioration of lendingcoin + Japanese exchange's bankrupt +....my porforlio's value reduce 70% - 80%. How can things I do? So boring day, with all red exchange. In 2018, even that there were be some rehabilitation, but its nothing with my earlier value. But i still believe in crypto and decide to do my own research, I invest to another ICO and thanks god its bring me x3. Its mean that, we have to accept the rule that crypto has no rules at all. Be strong and realistic, come to other way, dont just be sorrow, use the brain to take back what we lose.
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:44:03 AM

So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?

The worst thing that you will do right now is to pull out everything with tears in your eyes. That is not a wise thing to do either. That is the last thing you will really decide on doing. At this point in time, you really have to shun away your emotions and learn to think of the longer road and wider horizon. If what you saw in December got you dumbfounded and brave, then wait for that moment to happen again. That's much better than pulling out losing.
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:53:19 AM

Your experience with the 2017 altcoin performance is perfect example of the natural behavior of the cryptocurrency market.   You must know you have not lose your coins till you sell off what you have at a loss price. You can see the price is itching up and the price also appreciating. Hold a.nd sell off when in profit
Nagrogflaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:27:30 AM

bitcoin prices have started to improve and stable so I think the investment money will come back in the near future so holding the btc for some time will be better

sedahan13

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:36:28 AM

Iam the same situation but i just relax and wait the market change to up trend, if you have skill and some strategy, you can trade it so the amount of money can be increasing with buy and sell many times , but if you dont have times for that and your purpose use that money for long term investment, so just hold it in minimum 1 year. In the end of 2018 the market will be growing again.

│▌██████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ██████▐│
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│   TELEGRAM   │    TWITTER    │     REDDIT     │    MEDIUM    │
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:37:13 AM

Try to learn some trading skills. Learn to read charts and patterns used for trading.
babypips will be a nice start for you. Also there are a lot of forums for trading education.
than you will earn more and more with trading.
DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:28:26 PM

Do not panic. In my opinion  cryptocurrencies change so much in price that there is always an opportunity to recoup and return lost money. You just need to correctly allocate money for currency pairs.
Kolokoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 50

OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 04:43:55 PM

Why did you invested in the first place? Do not just invest randomly. That is why we need to do deep research on coins we invest with. There must be something on your coins which made you decide to invest on them. No matter what would that be, just hold onto it. Never sell coins on low prices. Hold them and wait for it to grow. Do not panic, that is why it is not advisable to invest a lot when you are new to this crypto thing especially if it only for a test.

4ernuy

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 04:58:30 PM

You did not lose them, it's a temporary drawdown ... Just keep nothing to sell the market is cyclical. This is the main mistake novices sell on the bottom.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: