Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:03:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive  (Read 478624 times)
versprichnix

Activity: 876
Merit: 291

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 12:06:57 AM

Just started staking again, last time was in February!

Any updates on the markets? Glad I didn't have any in Cryptopia.

There is almost no buywall on https://btcpop.co/Exchange/HBN .  Well some  at 13 sat  Sad

Seems like nobody needs hobonickels , as there new exchange and no buzz around the coin ..

price has no meaning as long as hbn cannot be withdrawn or deposited.

Sure ,

I was able to deposit , but not able to widthraw 2k hbn . What is the experience of others?

btcpop lost some coins from running its wallet on a fork, so they have locked the withdraw. This is also the reason, why others do not create buy orders. A coin, that I cannot withdraw, is useless.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
panp2

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:05:14 AM

They are staking up to get back the loss .
HBN can't be withdrawn at the moment.
HBN was on the wrong chain and created staking rewards on it and as there is no exchange left where I can buy the missing coins, we have to wait till staking catched up for the missing coins, before sanity checks wont allow withdrawals.
panp2

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:42:58 PM

Hi guys if anyone wont to help speed up resuming widthrawals from btcpop.co  please deposit hbn to this platform .
I have just have reply from them how can I contribute to that.
email from Holder Gundlach/btcpop : but if you want to help you can of course deposit, that will increase the total staking and speed it up.
I't a bit delayed already as I consolidated the wallet to make it faster again but that reset most coin ages, it's just starting to stake again.
cat77

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:39:58 PM

....If you are ok with subsidizing the loses of a private corporation due to their own mistakes.....

Hobonickels wallet has a 'Stake for Charity' function.   What is btcpop's hbn account number?

I'd rather give a percentage of staking than deposit HBN into an exchange where withdrawals are already in question.

Spooknow

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:35:18 PM

Hey everyone.

So I have been working a bit with BTCPop.  Back a while ago they were staking on the wrong chain. Due to this they are unable to process withdraws until they are back to even. As such, we have the ability if we want to help them out.  The est amount they are down is 130k.  We can either try to donate funds to get them to even, or they suggested they will also pay a "reasonable" price for some, maybe half the market place?

I don't' have full details yet, but I wanted to get everyone's feed back first.   I will continue to do due diligence to make sure this is all on the up and up.

Also has anyone had any success with other exchanges?

Thanks,
Tranz

I would be willing to donate 30k HoboNickels, if BTCPop gives us the guarantee not to delist HoboNickels in the next time. If there are other people donating, we'll probably get the 130k together. Maybe it would be good if you could set up a donation address for it.  Smiley

Otherwise I could not achieve anything at other exchanges.  Sad

Priceless.... Nothing like owning your mistakes. But shit happens.

I might be willing to make them whole if they DM me and we can agree reasonable terms.

That'd be pretty generous of you if you add the rest. Let's hear what Tranz has to say about it and how we do it at best.  Smiley

This is the power of the community, they all give a little of themselves in order to save space for the project.
I dont know what to say, but probably the developers should cover this from their own fund if I am not mistaken?
CoinEraser
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 04:30:07 PM

Hey everyone.

So I have been working a bit with BTCPop.  Back a while ago they were staking on the wrong chain. Due to this they are unable to process withdraws until they are back to even. As such, we have the ability if we want to help them out.  The est amount they are down is 130k.  We can either try to donate funds to get them to even, or they suggested they will also pay a "reasonable" price for some, maybe half the market place?

I don't' have full details yet, but I wanted to get everyone's feed back first.   I will continue to do due diligence to make sure this is all on the up and up.

Thanks,
Tranz

I would be willing to donate 30k HoboNickels, if BTCPop gives us the guarantee not to delist HoboNickels in the next time. If there are other people donating, we'll probably get the 130k together. Maybe it would be good if you could set up a donation address for it.  Smiley

Otherwise I could not achieve anything at other exchanges.  Sad

I might be willing to make them whole if they DM me and we can agree reasonable terms.

That'd be pretty generous of you if you add the rest. Let's hear what Tranz has to say about it and how we do it at best.  Smiley

This is the power of the community, they all give a little of themselves in order to save space for the project.
I dont know what to say, but probably the developers should cover this from their own fund if I am not mistaken?

Yeah, the HoboNickels community is a friendly community and tries to help. Hope we hear in the next days some news from Tranz about BTCPop. How to handle the problem and to manage the donation address for this issue. Tranz already pays a lot of his own pocket for this project. So i think it is ok when the community helps to solve this problem with a donation of 130K Coins. Tranz does not have to bear all the costs for the project.  Wink
Turrican

Activity: 227
Merit: 26

“BitCloud [BTDX]”

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:46:07 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2018, 10:18:02 PM by Turrican

Hey everyone.

So I have been working a bit with BTCPop.  Back a while ago they were staking on the wrong chain. Due to this they are unable to process withdraws until they are back to even. As such, we have the ability if we want to help them out.  The est amount they are down is 130k.  We can either try to donate funds to get them to even, or they suggested they will also pay a "reasonable" price for some, maybe half the market place?

I don't' have full details yet, but I wanted to get everyone's feed back first.   I will continue to do due diligence to make sure this is all on the up and up.

Thanks,
Tranz

I would be willing to donate 30k HoboNickels, if BTCPop gives us the guarantee not to delist HoboNickels in the next time. If there are other people donating, we'll probably get the 130k together. Maybe it would be good if you could set up a donation address for it.  Smiley

That'd be pretty generous of you if you add the rest. Let's hear what Tranz has to say about it and how we do it at best.  Smiley

Yeah, the HoboNickels community is a friendly community and tries to help. Hope we hear in the next days some news from Tranz about BTCPop. How to handle the problem and to manage the donation address for this issue. Tranz already pays a lot of his own pocket for this project. So i think it is ok when the community helps to solve this problem with a donation of 130K Coins. Tranz does not have to bear all the costs for the project.  Wink

PLS Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE

5% ? 10 % or 33% ? What you want  Wink activate yours stake for charity in the Wallet.

Please help us  Cool

•••     BitCloud  BTDX    |    A new type of decentralized currency     •••
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     Masternode Coin     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
• Wallet  • ANN  • Blockexplorer  • Github
CoinEraser
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:04:14 PM

Hey everyone.

Thanks,
Tranz

PLS Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE

5% ? 10 % or 33% ? What you want  Wink activate yours stake for charity in the Wallet.

Please help us  Cool

I have sent 31k HoboNickels Coins to the donation address so that Tranz can solve the problem with BTCPop. Now only 99k HoboNickels Coins are missing  Smiley
panp2

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 11:26:56 AM

HBN is not listed anymore on Coinmarketcap.  Not possible to exchange the coin .  I do not see these milestones in the coin roadmap .
Is there anyone willing to take over the leadership of this coin ?  Couple of people will join the effort including me.
FlungSpun

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:35:39 PM

Hey everyone.

Thanks,
Tranz

Except this is not a developers problem, this is not a code issue as far as I am aware.

BTCpop have taken on the custodian responsibility to stake client coins.
They have a responsibility for other peoples money and the opportunities offered by POS,

Meaning
If they accidentally burn electricity mining the wrong fork ?
They own that risk. They would then need to apologise for being inefficient stakers and causing lost client stake opportunity. Not bill you for power they wasted

If they Allow withdrawals from accounts for coins that don't exist in their wallets because they are on a fork
They own that risk. Their wallet should be in sync and coin existence confirmed before the withdraw issued. Again BTCpop are liable
^^^ THIS ONE IS AS BASIC AS IT GETS ^^^

The very least they can do is to keep the wallet on chain and be at least 85% as efficient as staking for yourself.
What they absolutely must not do is send coins they haven't got to withdrawal addresses

I think most of us manage our own wallets.
From time to time an issue arises they we don't all come on here and demand our orphan blocks and stake rewards from Tranz do we?
No, we get our asses back on the right chain (maybe with a little community support) and get back to staking HBN

Whole idea seems nuts to me to be honest.
Giving your coins to someone else to stake Huh really ...
HBN is old school 2013 coin .. we all know better by now surely.
(having said that I was considering offering a staking service at one point as HBN can be a memory hog)

As I said I'm willing to help out, but, I'm not just going to cough up coins for incompetence.

panp2

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 10:02:07 AM

unfortunately we are not in situation that we can choose exchanges . If there is persistent development and business developement this coins is in more convenient situation and we can trade on multiple exchanges
FlungSpun

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 10:11:22 AM

unfortunately we are not in situation that we can choose exchanges . If there is persistent development and business developement this coins is in more convenient situation and we can trade on multiple exchanges

Rather have no exchange than an incompetent one.

When all this hype dies off and nobody can remember the names of 2017s ICOs HBN will still be here. exchange or not.
It's a well worked, time served blockchain that only need rely on it's own code.

Most of these exchanges are going to shut up shop soon anyway, this party season is over.
panp2

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 10:33:53 AM

I disagree, if there is no liquidity , what would be the incentive to keep interest in the coin?  Interest will go to zero , and blockchain will be kept just by few romantic stakers for nothing.
Anyway Tranz doesnt have much time longterm ( completely off for 2 years , and since than just a disaster recovery of  blockchain) . Apart of that nothing really happen to HBN since 2014.
I had a hope and gave a hand and even own fiat money for good things which support the coin . But now this hope is on minimum level
FlungSpun

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 10:49:22 AM

I disagree, if there is no liquidity , what would be the incentive to keep interest in the coin?  Interest will go to zero , and blockchain will be kept just by few romantic stakers for nothing.
Anyway Tranz doesnt have much time longterm ( completely off for 2 years , and since than just a disaster recovery of  blockchain) . Apart of that nothing really happen to HBN since 2014.
I had a hope and gave a hand and even own fiat money for good things which support the coin . But now this hope is on minimum level

That's fine you make some good points but from my perspective it's a little different.

Unless they can show me some competence in running an exchange and staking pool none of my money of coins will ever go there.
In effect there is no HBN exchange I'm willing to use.

It's true we can't choose an exchange to list HBN. Bigger problem is we can't choose who lists HBN.
We can vote with our business though.

I now find I am unable to rotate the market and rebuy stakes sold at higher prices.
Pity as I still can with all my other POS coins.

I'm also happy to be a romantic staker. Someone will thank us romantics one day Smiley
panp2

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 11:25:34 AM

I think what says a lot is HBNfund  , people are now staking into this adress but this adress itself is off and not staking for 2 months.
I put a lot of my own HBN into that and expected this will be on and slowly adding up by staking .
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/hbn/address.dws?EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE.htm .
FlungSpun

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 11:28:38 AM

I think what says a lot is HBNfund  , people are now staking into this adress but this adress itself is off and not staking for 2 months.
I put a lot of my own HBN into that and expected this will be on and slowly adding up by staking .
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/hbn/address.dws?EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE.htm .

OK right, that would make sense.

Who is maintaining it? Tranz?
panp2

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 11:33:10 AM

sure
CoinEraser
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 04:13:25 PM

It would be good if Tranz gave a sign of life. Hopefully everything's okay with him. He hasn't been online for a few days.  Sad
panp2

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 05:22:22 PM

BottleCaps twin coin managed to stay on Cryptopia : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241445.msg48270783#msg48270783
lightspeedy

Activity: 109
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2018, 06:22:20 PM
Merited by ReydeApio (4)

Can someone compile a list of available exchanges and if anyone has submitted application?

Hi Hobos

I've compiled an google sheet with existing exchanges to have centrally updated our exchange requests.
Please extend the sheet, if there is a missing exchange you have applied HoboNickels for listing.
Do not hesistate to PM me, when the sheet has to be reranged.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kad7A5hXFpQH0pjyD2gGZnWqCNK-9XOZzdZ-iOSYn2o/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks and much appreciate to the community!

LET'S GET THE COIN BACK ON THE ROAD!!
LONG LIVE THE HOBONICKELS!! HELL YEAH!

https://hobotoken.com
https://hobomap.info
Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: