Bitcoin Forum
November 21, 2017, 01:18:27 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive  (Read 400492 times)
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1162

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:49:25 PM

Not having done this for a long time I think there might be a more fundamental issue than the staking algo

I have a synced client with a fresh and empty wallet.dat using 61% of an A6 6400. OK its only 2 cores but 4GHz

By my reckoning it should be doing next to nothing.

Watch the debug log file tail -f using msys. You will notice each time a new block comes in the CPU spikes.  Blocks roll in VERY fast so the CPU is high a lot.  Ala 20 second block time. You can also turn off stake via version 1.5.4+ or by encrypting the wallet.

So if I understand you correctly the wallet is crushing that machine simply accepting new blocks with nothing else to do?
I wouldn't call it spiking exactly, more .. erm balls out.

Come to mention it I don't think it was working that hard while it was syncing (I wasn't watching particularly) more CPU variance for sure
So possible it could be current network activity making it work harder?

Roll on improvements Smiley

Mine idles at 1-2% CPU, then spikes to 50% with a new block, then back down in 5 seconds or less. This with the staking improvements I am testing!

90 sec block time and plus other improvement will use 1-5% of a core average over 24 hrs.

I've been doing a bit of tinkering over here and beginning to feel I'm on the outskirts of the network .
There is a dude in Kiev helping me out but most peers have shocking ping times. (I believe some of the reported times are WAAAY off also)

These are wallet to wallet ping times, not computer ping times. If their wallet is very busy, it could take a while to respond or it may never respond. You wallet will eventually drop any ping that that is too high

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0
hobonickels.info HBN F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
FlungSpun

Activity: 367

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:59:46 PM

No this poor CPU was solid at 60-62% and it's been synced for hours now with a blank wallet.

Yeah I guessed the ping times may be software related as I added a node on my LAN which did seem to improve sync
as one machine soon pushed 4M at the other but both were reporting some wayward pings from 10-15ms to 100s of seconds

I believe they did eventually part company as the connected time got reset along the way ...

2xjO9M3P

Activity: 125

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:04:38 PM

I now you are working on a new version that probably addresses some of these, but just in case ...
Often when I stake the chain gets stuck. I will have  my new staked block, and then nothing happens (except cpu works overtime) for up to 15 minutes. Then suddenly it realises, the blockchain has moved on, invalidates my new found block, and catches up on the missing blocks.

Either way, looking forward to the coming version Smiley
Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:47:52 PM

I now you are working on a new version that probably addresses some of these, but just in case ...
Often when I stake the chain gets stuck. I will have  my new staked block, and then nothing happens (except cpu works overtime) for up to 15 minutes. Then suddenly it realises, the blockchain has moved on, invalidates my new found block, and catches up on the missing blocks.

Either way, looking forward to the coming version Smiley

Yes, I have also had this problem. It comes from someone spamming blocks seconds apart. Sometimes the wallet misses one in the middle and is waiting for it to come in but it doesn't know for sure if it is part of the main block chain or not. So eventually it creates its own block and the other wallets tell it sorry no good, so it ask again for the missing block. All the while all of rest of the wallets are also very busy with the huge number of block coming in quickly, and they may not get to your request right away.  Eventually you get it and any bock that you staked you now know is no good, and they are orphaned.

If you notice this, it is best to shut down and restart.    I also notice using the repair wallet and removing the orphan transactions does help as well. It can take a long time. like 30 mins or more if you haven't done it for years, like me. Smiley

Again this can be solved with a slower block time!!!!

No this poor CPU was solid at 60-62% and it's been synced for hours now with a blank wallet.

If this is still the case I would like a full copy of the debug.log file. Especially if you can run it in -debug mode for a while.  I have never experienced a blank wallet pegging a CPU for so long, unless it is catching up or the block chain is getting spammed. Otherwise is should idle between 1-5%.

FlungSpun

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:05:22 PM

If this is still the case I would like a full copy of the debug.log file. Especially if you can run it in -debug mode for a while.  I have never experienced a blank wallet pegging a CPU for so long, unless it is catching up or the block chain is getting spammed. Otherwise is should idle between 1-5%.
[/quote]

No problem I shut the wallet down in that state so the ed of the log should catch it.

I'll restart it again tomorrow in -debug and see if it replicates or if it was transient network activity or not send you that one too.

ooops buggered up the quotes
daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 01:24:19 AM

If this is still the case I would like a full copy of the debug.log file. Especially if you can run it in -debug mode for a while.  I have never experienced a blank wallet pegging a CPU for so long, unless it is catching up or the block chain is getting spammed. Otherwise is should idle between 1-5%.

No problem I shut the wallet down in that state so the ed of the log should catch it.

I'll restart it again tomorrow in -debug and see if it replicates or if it was transient network activity or not send you that one too.

ooops buggered up the quotes

Take into account your little netbook prob has a tiny 5400 rpm sata HDD on a board with minimal RAM available (are you hitting page file?) and that has a huge impact on the performance of this fast blocktime coin.

FWIW I do understand your point... a POS coin should be able to run on a 2GB+ RAM dual core netbook no questions asked. Tranz is working his Jedi powers to make it so... give it time there really is only room for this coin to gain value.

.ZenCash. █████
█████ ██
▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀
▄▄▄ ███
▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
███   ▄
███  ▄▄▄
   ▄▄ ███
  ▄
▄▄▄▄▄
    █████
██ █████
█████
█████ ██
▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀
▄▄▄ ███
▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
███   ▄
███  ▄▄▄
   ▄▄ ███
  ▄
▄▄▄▄▄
    █████
██ █████
slack   III   ANN Thread   III   Blog
Telegram   III   forum   III   twitter

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ZEN
panpine

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:38:53 AM

I am wondering hove comes 20 second blocktime? Why difficulty for staking doesnt go up to make it 30?
It still sits on minimum for a long time.

I support Tranz approach totweak the chain no to swap.
But I would ask you all for your preference. So community please vote: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8RBZ9DQ
daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 01:33:30 PM

Tranz, have you looked at the HUSH and ZEN wallets? They forked from ZCASH in some way and are java based, clean and quick to sync with minimal connections. HUSH also joined SuperNET DEX.

ZEN is implementing NODE incentive where 3.5% of every block mined is paid to the node operators. Just requires static IP and creating a certificate for your node, but I think that is more for ZEN's encrypted transactions than the node itself.

POS is nice but it doesn't encourage keeping wallets online except when they are ready to stake. Node incentive makes for a good sized pool of wallets online at all times in order to reap incentive payments as block creation continues.

HBN with the following would become a defacto coin to be held and used for a long time:

1. 90 second POS blocktime to reduce resource overhead
2. Removal of PoW as a block creation method to stabilize the blockchain and reduce orphans
3. Change in coin production per block to accommodate the change in block times, plus possible node incentives
4. Change in code base from a QT based client to the newer Java swing wallets will lower resource usage and encourage more users to be online, and possibly run incentive nodes
5. Possibly look at adding the SuperNET DEX to the core... join SuperNET and we would no longer need to worry about any exchange hosting HBN for trading

All of those are challenging and time consuming and I (we) in no way expect you to do any of that Tranz, though you have already made such good progress on 1 and 2 above. But the possibilities there are awesome!

.ZenCash. █████
█████ ██
▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀
▄▄▄ ███
▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
███   ▄
███  ▄▄▄
   ▄▄ ███
  ▄
▄▄▄▄▄
    █████
██ █████
█████
█████ ██
▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀
▄▄▄ ███
▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
███   ▄
███  ▄▄▄
   ▄▄ ███
  ▄
▄▄▄▄▄
    █████
██ █████
slack   III   ANN Thread   III   Blog
Telegram   III   forum   III   twitter

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ZEN
Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:04:57 PM

Tranz, have you looked at the HUSH and ZEN wallets? They forked from ZCASH in some way and are java based, clean and quick to sync with minimal connections. HUSH also joined SuperNET DEX.

ZEN is implementing NODE incentive where 3.5% of every block mined is paid to the node operators. Just requires static IP and creating a certificate for your node, but I think that is more for ZEN's encrypted transactions than the node itself.

All of those are challenging and time consuming and I (we) in no way expect you to do any of that Tranz, though you have already made such good progress on 1 and 2 above. But the possibilities there are awesome!

No, but I will have a look.

-----------------------------------------------

Version 1.5.5.0 is released.

https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels/releases/tag/1.5.5.0

Please try this and give me your feedback regarding CPU usage.

2xjO9M3P

Activity: 125

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:13:15 PM

Good/bad timing. It's less than 2 hrs since I got 1.5.3 running on linux. Which on its own, feels alot smoother than running on windows.

Time to do some comparisons across both version and platform.
FlungSpun

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:19:31 PM

Well seeing 0% and lots of 0.x% CPU

synced 3 hours of chain fast, despite seeming a bit slow to acquire peers ( bit subjective )

It's gone back up to 2GB ram usage from 1.6 ..... meh ....

I'm going to post now before the first stake orphans and ruins this glowing school report.

*EDIT** oooh and clicking on the little staking arrow now works ... every time without delay *thumbs*
Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:43:44 PM

Good/bad timing. It's less than 2 hrs since I got 1.5.3 running on linux. Which on its own, feels alot smoother than running on windows.

Time to do some comparisons across both version and platform.

Good deal, thanks!

Well seeing 0% and lots of 0.x% CPU

synced 3 hours of chain fast, despite seeming a bit slow to acquire peers ( bit subjective )

It's gone back up to 2GB ram usage from 1.6 ..... meh ....

I'm going to post now before the first stake orphans and ruins this glowing school report.

*EDIT** oooh and clicking on the little staking arrow now works ... every time without delay *thumbs*

You will still get Orphans, no way to prevent that with such a fast chain. I am getting about 50% maybe less orphans with 1000 blocks of 5HBN up for stake.

FlungSpun

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:56:01 PM

Actually seeing a big improvement in orphans. 2 in 30
Could be network conditions but client is much more responsive in general.

I'll shout if I get another long spate of failures, They have been become a "feature" for me recently
Zels

Activity: 198

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 11:47:30 PM

Even worse than the 1.5.3 here.
Wallet use "only" 20% cpu, but can't do anything within the wallet.  Wallet not responding for 2 - 3min each clic, he try to stake even when arrow is grey telling not stacking while acquiring node.

Back to 1.5.3 here  Sad

HBN: ErmqaiunrcguMEhpDP5uqEQhRKmn3oViWv
Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 02:13:35 AM

Wallet use "only" 20% cpu, but can't do anything within the wallet.  Wallet not responding for 2 - 3min each clic, he try to stake even when arrow is grey telling not stacking while acquiring node.

Back to 1.5.3 here  Sad

I have not experienced this on any machine yet, more information would be helpful. Have you tried restart of the wallet?  Can you also give me information about your system? Win Ver/CPU/RAM, how many wallets and How many blocks up for stake? Are you using S4C? 

Just trying to get information for future improvements. Going forward the hard forks will be coded into 1.5.5+ so need to ensure it is working well for everyone. So a debug may help as well. Especially if you use the -debug startup switch and let it run for a bit.

You can also try to use the "Stop Staking" command in the wallet menu and see if that is helps, and then after the wallet is caught up and well connected try to start it back up.

BRILIANTcoin

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:24:04 AM

What is the minimum number of coins should be in the purse for the start of the mining?
thank you in advance

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀████████▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ██████████   ▀▀██▄
▄██▀     ████████████     ▀██▄
██▀      ██████████████      ▀██
██▀      ████████████████      ▀██
██▀      ██████████████████      ▀██
▄██      █████████  █████████      ██▄
██      █████████    █████████      ██
██     █████████      █████████     ██
██    █████████        █████████    ██
██   █████████          █████████   ██
▀██ ██████████████████████████████ ██▀
████████████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████████   █████████
████████████████████     ███████
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  .A P H E L I O N.  [    ] 
▄████████████████████████▄
████████████▀     ████████
███████████       ████████
███████████    ███████████
████████          ████████
████████          ████████
▀████████████████████████▀

██████████████████████████
████▀  ▀██████████████████
████▄  ▄██████████████████
████    ██    █▀    ▀█████
████    ██     ▄▄     ████
████    ██    ████    ████

███████████████▀▀▀▀███████
████ ▀███████▀      ▀▀▀███
████    ▀▀██▀        ▄████
████▄               ██████
█████▄             ███████
██████▄           ████████
███▀██▀▀        ▄█████████
████▄▄       ▄▄███████████

██████████████████▀▀   ███
██████████████▀▀  ▄█▀ ▄███
██████████▀▀    ▄█▀   ████
██████▀▀      ▄█▀    ▄████
██▀▀        ▄█▀      █████
████▄▄    ▄█▀       ▄█████
████████▄█▀         ██████
██████████   ▄     ▄██████
██████████ ▄████▄▄ ███████
  ▶  Whitepaper
▶  Website
▶  Register
versprichnix

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:19:12 AM

I have these compilation issues in ubuntu linux:

hbn@xu14-cc-burn:~/opt/HoboNickels-1.5.3.0$ qmake
Project MESSAGE: Building with UPNP support
Project MESSAGE: Building with DBUS (Freedesktop notifications) support
Project MESSAGE: Building with LevelDB
Warning: ignoring <defaultcodec> element

hbn@xu14-cc-burn:~/opt/HoboNickels-1.5.3.0$ make
cd /home/hbn/opt/HoboNickels-1.5.3.0/src/leveldb && CC=gcc CXX=g++ make OPT="-m64 -pipe -fstack-protector-all --param ssp-buffer-size=1 -O2" libleveldb.a libmemenv.a
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/hbn/opt/HoboNickels-1.5.3.0/src/leveldb'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `libleveldb.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/hbn/opt/HoboNickels-1.5.3.0/src/leveldb'
make: *** [/home/hbn/opt/HoboNickels-1.5.3.0/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a] Error 2
hbn@xu14-cc-burn:~/opt/HoboNickels-1.5.3.0$

They are the same in version 1.5.3 and 1.5.5, and they are the same in ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS and 16.04.2 LTS.
lightspeedy

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 12:12:49 PM

Hi Tranz

Great effort on 1.5.5.0 - My CPU load is at 1% and when stacking a block it rises to 13%.
On all recent versions the CPU load was 13% all the time.
Thanks for that.

RAM usage is still 2.198GB - same usage as before.

Can you refer some information about the mergecoins RPC?
What's good for?

lightspeedy

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 12:21:31 PM

What is the minimum number of coins should be in the purse for the start of the mining?
thank you in advance

I recommend to start with at least 4000HBN, your coins would stake with ease.
Why not buy more HBN's??

The value is increasing if the community grows.
Zels

Activity: 198

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 01:39:37 PM

Wallet use "only" 20% cpu, but can't do anything within the wallet.  Wallet not responding for 2 - 3min each clic, he try to stake even when arrow is grey telling not stacking while acquiring node.

Back to 1.5.3 here  Sad

I have not experienced this on any machine yet, more information would be helpful. Have you tried restart of the wallet?  Can you also give me information about your system? Win Ver/CPU/RAM, how many wallets and How many blocks up for stake? Are you using S4C? 

Just trying to get information for future improvements. Going forward the hard forks will be coded into 1.5.5+ so need to ensure it is working well for everyone. So a debug may help as well. Especially if you use the -debug startup switch and let it run for a bit.

You can also try to use the "Stop Staking" command in the wallet menu and see if that is helps, and then after the wallet is caught up and well connected try to start it back up.

Windows 7 SP1 Pro 64b
AMD Fx 6350 @ 3.9Ghz
16 GB ram

Only running 1 wallet on this machine, not using s4c.

2nd Try, started wallet 1.5.5, wait like 5min for wallet to get peer, about 5 - 6 peers and wallet is running fine, not lag at all.
I unlock my wallet with my passphrase and stacking start, wallet get laggy as hell ( My current weight is 1798991 soo many block ready to stack  Grin )
This wallet produce only orphan, with the 1.5.3 most of the block pass and mature with nearly the same weight

Tried using the new "Stop Staking" but he keep trying to stake or still laging and processing older transaction?

My launch parameter are D:\HoboNickels\HoboNickels-qt.exe -datadir=D:\HoboNickels -splitthreshold 50000 -combinethreshold 50000 -debug (normal to see 2017-07-30 12:56:47 splitthreshold set to 0 in debug log? )
Log sent to you in private.  Hope it will help  Smiley

HBN: ErmqaiunrcguMEhpDP5uqEQhRKmn3oViWv
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.