Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:17:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:39:03 AM

"crickets"

Puppet is a good source of information. He also jumps newbies. It's not a good dichotomy, but there it is.

I've not been specifically in his sights like some others, but I do want to comment on something I keep noticing (actually not that much from Puppet, but from quite a few others who have been on for a long time). That's the "have it both ways" mentality. I got jumped for being a newbie with opinions the day I started posting. Yet in reality I had been on the fora for over two months. I just didn't bother to register until I had something to say. Which turned out to be an annoyance due to newbie jail (my own failure, had I registered while reading I would have had all the necessary time online, and five posts ain't shit).

But there it is. Everyone starts somewhere. Being a new guy doesn't mean anything, really. People are always yelling to read, but if you take the time to do so, they yell for you being a new guy with a low post count.

How 'bout looking to content ahead of time in service, eh? Is that such an egregious paradigm?

I'd like to hear from just one of the newbie bashers on this. The one who never tripped over his dick on a forum. I've never met this guy, and despite being rather new here, I've been on BBS's since the late 70's. Everybody is a newbie at some point. And as you noted, along with others, Bitcoin is gaining traction in the media. A couple weeks back it was on the front page of the Idaho Statesman, and that paper has over a hundred year history of being late to the party.

On topic, I really hope AMT pulls it off. They are within reach of me if I can raise the money. I like the idea of walking in with cash and out with a mining machine.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:44:52 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2013, 07:37:04 AM by Puppet

power usage on bitmine website says .35w/Gh. coincidentally enough AMT website says 300-600w on the 1200GH machine. puppet... i can't hold back anymore. you are acting like an idiot. i don't know what your motive/angle is but you are making yourself look stupid with your outright lies and tinfoil hat theories. you have no credibility man.

That Bitmine spec is at a CHIP level, not at the wall. AMT numbers are at the wall. Did AMT just invent 150% efficient PSU's and VRMs ? Bitmine states for the machine the lowest power consumption in power save mode as 300W for 400GH. Equivalent to 900W for 1.2 TH.  In turbo mode its the equivalent of 1300W. AMT states 300-600W.  Even AMT's high end estimate is 50% lower than Bitmine's lowest estimate, their low end is 3x lower.

BTW, AMT advertise their bitfury rigs as 64GH/s boards. A theoretical maximum speed pretty much no one has been able to achieve even with ludicrous overclocking and overvolting. What are the chances their 1.2 TH spec is based on a not yet characterized ultra low power setting of bitmine's chip, rather than nominal or even turbo speeds?

As for the ad hominens, claims of no credibility and questioning of my motives. . thats hilarious coming from you.
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:55:10 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2013, 08:26:01 AM by Puppet

Puppet is a good source of information. He also jumps newbies.

Shocked

I absolutely dont and i take offense that you say so.
I do "jump" stupid arguments, but I dont care one yota if they come from 5 year old veterans or 1 week old accounts. In fact Id be more likely to just ignore a newbie saying stupid things than someone who should know better by now.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:40:36 AM

First of all, ... what I wrote where verifiable facts (... is kinda subjective). There is a very large number of newbie (~2 weeks or less) posters in this thread and the vast majority of them came almost directly to this thread, are posting almost nowhere else and they make up almost all of the "confirmed" orders.

facts != subjection
large number? a dozen?
majority, of a dozen... like more than 6...?
Posting nowhere but here... because they didn't purchase something-else...

Just "My speculation"... but perhaps they heard about AMT, by google... purchased a miner... Thought, "Hey, lets see who-else made a purchase". Searched goolge again, found this thread/forum, read post, joined the forum, came to say hello...

Hello!

Myth (Opinion) busted.

No-one was born here, we all came here... What are the odds that your first posts were about a purchase you made, related to bitcoins... Um, like 95%. Since this is a bitcoin forum. People are not hanging out here for the trolling and pleasure of typing in a place they don't have a relationship with.

Since this is an official thread, and there has been "proof", at just about every level, can we stay on topic to the "official business". Keeping useless banter of unrelated subject matter and opinions of the unknown and troll-posts to a minimum. Banning people from the forums is only a click and a request away.

mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:50:09 AM

So, I received the 192GH/s miner today, I posted photos here: http://postimg.org/gallery/hv3esm2/170753d0/

It contains 3 HEX16B-Bitfury ASIC Miner boards as far as I can tell. They all connect to a USB hub, which connects to a TP-Link TL-MR3020 device. There are a lot of fans too :-)
One cpu fan is not properly mounted against the bitfury card and I may have to take the whole thing apart to access it as it does not do anything and half of the card isn't "fanned".

Jim needs to provide me with the instructions as they are not available in writing yet. Until then, I can't connect to this rig and get it mining.

I tried to get the TP-Link device to broadcast wifi or connect to ethernet or wifi, but zilch. I am not sure it's working. I checked the documentation on the TP-Link website and I'd be really surprised if it's actually working.

I connected each board individually to my computer and it says they are HEX16B-Bitfury ASIC Miner, which sounds good. However, I don't have a driver for these so I could not test them as miners connected directly to my PC. If somebody knows how to get the cards recognized by a PC, I can try them out individually for a raw test.

Needless to say, I am excited and can't wait to get this online. Good stuff AMT.

That's all for now, as soon as I get this thing hashing, I'll publish a video.

If the miners arrive in this state, I would become totaly insane!!
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:11:26 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2013, 09:40:36 AM by Puppet

facts != subjection
large number? a dozen?

I listed 15 only from the most recent pages. If you go back further it looks more like well over 2 dozen.

Fair enough. But what got them here? Or how did they find AMT? Its a genuine question its not like they are plastering the web with ads like BFL. Its not like they have been mentioned in the press anywhere that Im aware off.  

Just "My speculation"... but perhaps they heard about AMT, by google... purchased a miner... Thought, "Hey, lets see who-else made a purchase". Searched goolge again, found this thread/forum, read post, joined the forum, came to say hello...

You say google, but I dare you to find AMT on google using some generic bitcoin mining related search term. One person here claimed he found it by googling  "1200 GH/s bitcoin miner"  which is about as generic as AMTs phone number. Seriously doesnt that make you wonder? The other said all thats needed is searching "bitcoin miner", but I cant find an AMT result in the first 20 result pages and I doubt they are in the first 100.

As for links from other sites:
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=cr&ei=nNBfUvWXLYfx4QTwyIHQDA#q=link:www.advancedminers.com%2F&safe=off

The only link google seems to know about is the one on this very thread.  So if not from reading this forum, how do people learn about AMT?

Lastly, I would expect most newcomers to be curious, ask questions, perhaps in this case voice some concern if they havent yet received their order. I wouldnt expect them to form a small army of verbally aggressive cheer leaders shouting down anyone casting credible doubts on things like specs, delivery dates, and in general, credibility of this company.
Khanduras

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Movin' on up.

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:03:24 AM

Lastly, I would expect most newcomers to be curious, ask questions, perhaps in this case voice some concern if they havent yet received their order. I wouldn't expect them to form a small army of verbally aggressive cheer leaders shouting down anyone casting credible doubts on things like specs, delivery dates, and in general, credibility of this company.

It may or may not be true, but a good friend of mine told me that AMT offered people (or at least them) a 5-10% discount to defend them here on the forums. It could be in this mess of a thread somewhere, but to be honest, I didn't read it entirely. That could definitely explain the army of irate cheerleaders.

That aside, tomorrow marks one week since my device supposedly should have shipped. Still not a word from anyone at AMT. No "sorry, there's been a delay", no "we can't email everyone, so we're writing here to say there's a delay", no "fuck you, go away." Nothing. I mean, at this point I'd rather them flat out say "yes, we took your money" and mean it than them staying quiet.

I'll keep waiting until I hear something. I was hoping my order would have come on time so I could have ordered a bunch more of whatever they had available, but until I get some kind of response from someone over in AMT land, I'm holding on to them.

Bitcoin Address: 1N1sex4rktWdxBJcFTczYZF5Xa75C47j4c                 |
Mining Income Address: 15wgpV7fDN8fVYn1q9QaPb9XSLjGRhry5L    |
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:25:56 AM

It may or may not be true, but a good friend of mine told me that AMT offered people (or at least them) a 5-10% discount to defend them here on the forums. It could be in this mess of a thread somewhere, but to be honest, I didn't read it entirely. That could definitely explain the army of irate cheerleaders.

Sounded far fetched to me, but actually, you are correct:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=304605.msg3893935#msg3893935

Woha. And then people question my motives. This alone would be reason enough never to buy from AMT. They must be the first company to unashamedly and publicly pay off shills. If they have no problems doing that, who knows what else they are capable off.

majalen33

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:47:10 AM

Whenever everyone's ready can we please just get back to discussing AMT's product line and business model?  We all know people think it is a scam, we all know people do not like their customer service, we all know someone has a masonic take over the world conspiracy alien theory here,  and we all know someone will always be unhappy about something . So can we all just grow up stop bickering and bring legitimate concerns ,which have not already been voiced, to the forum.
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:52:20 PM

Sounded far fetched to me, but actually, you are correct:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=304605.msg3893935#msg3893935

Woha. And then people question my motives. This alone would be reason enough never to buy from AMT. They must be the first company to unashamedly and publicly pay off shills. If they have no problems doing that, who knows what else they are capable off.

hell yeah your motives are questioned. you make ridiculous claims based on speculation. it is very clear you are an attention whore and a troll. you have zero credibility bro... none.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
Chazaki

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:16:07 PM

You say google, but I dare you to find AMT on google using some generic bitcoin mining related search term. One person here claimed he found it by googling  "1200 GH/s bitcoin miner"  which is about as generic as AMTs phone number. Seriously doesnt that make you wonder? The other said all thats needed is searching "bitcoin miner", but I cant find an AMT result in the first 20 result pages and I doubt they are in the first 100.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=cr&ei=nNBfUvWXLYfx4QTwyIHQDA#q=link:www.advancedminers.com%2F&safe=off

The only link google seems to know about is the one on this very thread.  So if not from reading this forum, how do people learn about AMT?

Try searching AMT Bitcoin and see what comes up. Thats exactly how I found out about AMT after my friend mentioned them to me. Also by just searching Bitcoin Miner it shows up on page 6 two links above the BlackArrow website... This is really getting to be ridiculous...

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
russellthies

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:25:26 PM

You see, you see!  That's part of the scam as well.  AMT is paying google to be placed at the top of the search, to reel in folks like you.  It's all part of it the grand scheme!  Not to mention they have most of us working for them (including Bitmine), we're actually all in it together!  Clenell, how much have we brought in so far this week?
clenell

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:27:54 PM

after puppett pays at least 15K.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
YourPalToots

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:32:07 PM

facts != subjection
large number? a dozen?

I listed 15 only from the most recent pages. If you go back further it looks more like well over 2 dozen.

Fair enough. But what got them here? Or how did they find AMT? Its a genuine question its not like they are plastering the web with ads like BFL. Its not like they have been mentioned in the press anywhere that Im aware off.  

Lastly, I would expect most newcomers to be curious, ask questions, perhaps in this case voice some concern if they havent yet received their order. I wouldnt expect them to form a small army of verbally aggressive cheer leaders shouting down anyone casting credible doubts on things like specs, delivery dates, and in general, credibility of this company.

Yes. 1200 was the specific number because while surfing the intertubes I found that was about the capability that was within the budget I was willing to spend on a machine at this time. There were several contenders but after looking at the delivery dates, I chose AMT. You are assuming that my creation date here is the creation date for me to this planet. Now step away from the computer, go outside and get some fresh air and sunshine. It seems like you need it.

Now, are we here to mine coins or chase bigfoot?

I apologize to everyone else for feeding the troll.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:49:03 PM

Yes. 1200 was the specific number because while surfing the intertubes I found that was about the capability that was within the budget I was willing to spend on a machine at this time. There were several contenders but after looking at the delivery dates, I chose AMT. You are assuming that my creation date here is the creation date for me to this planet. Now step away from the computer, go outside and get some fresh air and sunshine. It seems like you need it.

If you and all the people that Puppet pointed out are here to mine coins why aren't you/they active in other topics too? I see a lot of people only interested in AMT and nobody else. Why?

clenell

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:04:52 PM

If you and all the people that Puppet pointed out are here to mine coins why aren't you/they active in other topics too? I see a lot of people only interested in AMT and nobody else. Why?

First off... i think you are making another assumption (seems to be a lot of that here). I myself do post on other topics but no where near as much as i do on this one. Nevertheless, even if this was the only thread i posted on it would be because this is the only miner i am purchasing presently. honestly, i don't care about anything else other than my current $6,000 investment. is there another thread you think i should be paying attention to? i'm not quite sure where you are going with this.

YourPalToots

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:18:05 PM

Well Mr Hero member you should check my other posts before you make such an uninformed statement. So much for post counts and board cred.

My only other post in this thread other than feeding the trolls was a post only stating my order number and date. It was only after the trolls started to feed that I made numerous post in this thread.

What a waste of time this forum is turning out to be. They should change the name to wackocointalk dot org
clenell

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:25:04 PM

actually, i do know where you are going with this and i'll tell you like i told mister "puppet"... quit trying to be a fuking hero. no one wants to play CSI with you. what's your angle? Does conjecture/speculation give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside? I'll tell you something else - i made my purchase, a large purchase. i don't want to hear from the peanut gallery i'm being duped because you or someone else was dumb enough to do the very thing you think you are saving me from. sit tight, shut the fuck up, and let the cards play them self out. i don't give a damn who else purchases from AMT and no one is asking them to shell out a dime. i find it hilarious you wanna be father figure types out there think you are doing folks a service when in all actuality you aren't. i don't need your help. i hesitate to speak for the others but i'd be willing to guess they are big boys too and don't need it as well.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:28:22 PM

Whenever everyone's ready can we please just get back to discussing AMT's product line and business model?

So far I've seen one report of a 192 GH/s machine being delivered and running at only 120 GH/s. Any other "success" stories?

Buy & Hold
clenell

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:55:40 PM

Whenever everyone's ready can we please just get back to discussing AMT's product line and business model?

So far I've seen one report of a 192 GH/s machine being delivered and running at only 120 GH/s. Any other "success" stories?

according to bitmine the cards run 40-65gh... we shall see after his firmware update. another member of the peanut gallery? i am curious as well.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: