Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:21:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
alsey7

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:37:48 PM

all this is fucked up. they should have just delivered the miner to a member here that ordered one.  That would have made more sense. A review from a paying customer is better then some random person that didn't spend there hard earn money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:45:12 PM

all this is fucked up. they should have just delivered the miner to a member here that ordered one.  That would have made more sense. A review from a paying customer is better then some random person that didn't spend there hard earn money.

The bright side is this... the reviewer is reviewing a bitfury system ( there is a youtube video from AMT that shows a running bitfury system).

It is not the bitmine system for sure.  That's because bitmine just got their initial batch a few days ago and it is doubtful that AMT has that batch.   

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
YourPalToots

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:01:37 PM

boo hoo. If it was a paying customer they would only be called a shill and in it for a discount.  I really don't see why AMT tries with you people. Ya'll never be happy no matter what happens.
NaranKPatel

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:09:19 PM

im supposed to get a 1.2th machine first week of january. that would be sometime very soon. im hoping.

order #610

I'm a little ahead of you in the queue for my 1.2, but not by much, my order is #515...
russellthies

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:17:59 PM

Well my first order (1.2 th/s rig) is in between the two of you, order 541.  Can't wait!!!  Grin
russellthies

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:05:45 AM

Update.

Jim at AMT has just sent me a tracking number. I should be receiving the unit today, according to UPS. Being what a crazy day it's going to be, I probably won't be able to update anyone beyond that till after the weekend, but I will do so as soon as possible.

What did you order?  When did you order it?

Can you send us photos when you receive your unit?

He didn't order anything, AMT is giving him one to review for the forums.  Seems like he will get a demo unit (presumably to help drum up sales for AMT) before paying clients get there already late units.

Don't kill the lucky guy, eh? I really didn't solicit this. I'd be lying if I said I was unhappy about it, but I ain't trying to do any harm.

I apologize if  my post gave the impression you solicited this or you where trying to do any harm at all.  I was merely attempting to point out that the company prioritized a demo unit ahead of using those materials for a paying clients already late machine.  A little BFLish IMO from the company, nothing against you mate!

Oh and http://dustcoin.com/ has a list of some of the SHA256 alt coins, good luck and happy hashing!

It's all good. Thanks for the info, and I do hope they get you your machine very soon. I honestly think they are just in a bit over their heads rather than trying to do anything underhanded. They have no guarantee that my review will help them, either. I hope the machine is cool, and that they are able to get every one of their customers satisfied. Cuz if those are both true, I will be a paying customer in the future. I wanna see an American ASIC vendor that doesn't stink of BFL.

Do right by BOTH AMT and their customers (current and potential) by being objective, looking forward to your review....although I have to admit to being a bit jealous, particularly considering what I have invested in this!!!!!!
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:24:06 AM

I do hope they get you your machine very soon. 

Send the hope to someone else (or maybe you meant it generically).

I have an unnatural aversion to funding someone else's start up company and not getting equity in return.  I prefer to be an investor or a customer. I've never been nor do I ever plan in being an investomer.  Admittedly this has kept me from purchasing any BTC ASIC miners but I can live with that and so can the coins that will stay in my wallet for the time being (and I'll add a few more friends for them with my GPU LTC rigs!).
russellthies

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:44:45 AM

I have an unnatural aversion to funding someone else's start up company and not getting equity in return.  I prefer to be an investor or a customer. I've never been nor do I ever plan in being an investomer.  Admittedly this has kept me from purchasing any BTC ASIC miners but I can live with that and so can the coins that will stay in my wallet for the time being (and I'll add a few more friends for them with my GPU LTC rigs!).

Well I can certainly understand that!  But there is a flip side to that coin.  I invested a good bit in BFL miners and it took me 7 months to get my hardware!!!  So I was going crazy about lost revenue.  But looking back on it (even with that long delivery time) I have now mined enough coins to double my investment, and they are still mining away, making me over $70 a day at today's pricing and difficulty.

So, now to AMT:  Yes this is a roll of the dice, I admit.  But I am starting to feel good about my roll.  Yep, I sent coins out of my wallet to invest, and your coins are still in your wallet....but I feel good about my bet, and I got a hunch (all things being equal) I'll have a lot more coins in my wallet in the long run than you have in yours....but only time will tell....Biomech will know where I stand soon enough!!  Of course my gpu's have served me well with scrypt mining also, so that's not a bad decision on your part I suppose, certainly a lot more easy on the psyche.
grumpybearsgirl

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:04:41 AM

Well we ordered a 1.2TH too. Wire transfer only. That was before I found this thread.

I'll definitely be looking out for any of the orders a few posts above if they arrive!
russellthies

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:12:37 AM

Well we ordered a 1.2TH too. Wire transfer only. That was before I found this thread.

I'll definitely be looking out for any of the orders a few posts above if they arrive!

I've ordered two of the 1.2's, and my first order is #541.  I have designated it as a local pickup, so I will let the forum know something as soon as I know.
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:20:40 AM

im supposed to get a 1.2th machine first week of january. that would be sometime very soon. im hoping.

order #610

I'm a little ahead of you in the queue for my 1.2, but not by much, my order is #515...

im worried you have not heard anything yet. i dont know what to think anymore. my emails are not returned now.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:04:00 AM

I meant it generically, and specifically since I thought you had an order with them Smiley

I would have done the pre order gig with KNC, but I wasn't able to. This gig came from left field, get's me in the game, maybe generates some good will. If nothing else, y'all will get pictures and video.

As an update, it was supposed to arrive today, but UPS in their wisdom sent it exactly the opposite direction from the Boise hub. It should arrive tomorrow.                                                                       
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:29:51 AM

Don't know why they picked me...

List of alts to mine...

It was the hat dude... the hat... ;P

Here is what I use for a good list to mine.
http://www.coinchoose.com/
http://www.coinwarz.com/

As for the other guys comment about "ROI", that is "Operating ROI", not "Initial investment". If there is an "Operating ROI", then your "Initial investment" will eventually be returned. You can't use "calculators" that speculate horribly, and don't take into account "when you cash-in".

If you only mine 1 BTC, ever, and that value turns into $6,000/BTC, in the life-time of the unit. It has made a ROI, as long as you have not spent $6,000 in electricity. (That is operating ROI.)

You can't "Claim" it does not offer ROI, if you don't have it, and have not operated it. Also, you should never use BTC as your "source of value" to MINE. That is NOT the best coin to mine. It is the best coin to cash-out. But I digress. 60GHs units are not dead, and will last for years still. Just not on BTC directly. 80GHs, even longer.

It doesn't matter what the value is while you are mining, it matters what the value is when you cash-out, what you mined. Thus, always mine the lowest diff coin, no matter what the value. Value will follow, because your mining will reduce the coins they get. Thus, they will offer more. That is why alt-coins live and thrive. Never waste time mining a high value coin that is also a high-diff coin. It will only be less after you start mining it, and raise the diff. (Because high valued coins go down, unless you have the majority of the hashing power. Which none of us will ever have, except possibly on a new coin or a low-diff coin.)
swiftshoot

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:40:02 AM

My last reply from AMT was from Dec 23rd.  saying my unit was going to ship hopefully the next day.  10 days later, no word... no tracking number... no responses to my emails/voicemails.

Huh  Cry

Can I please have my unit so I can start mining... and start making some money back.

Build your own Cloud Miner! https://cex.io/r/1/swiftshoot/0/
to Make your BTC Mine for you. 3% referral bonus if you sign up others... please use my referral code if you want to join. You can also redeem your hardware after you get enough GHS.
btc:
ltc:
other altcoins: send me PM for address.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:54:37 AM

My last reply from AMT was from Dec 23rd.  saying my unit was going to ship hopefully the next day.  10 days later, no word... no tracking number... no responses to my emails/voicemails.

Huh  Cry

Can I please have my unit so I can start mining... and start making some money back.

Can you share some details?  

What was your order number?

When did you place your order?

What kind of a unit were you expecting?

I would expect Bitfury systems to have been delivered.

I do not expect any of the Bitmine based systems to have been delivered.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:48:38 AM

Here the youtube channel from AMT.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCojFrRNI2PrePdu0jqIPmNA?feature=c4-feed-u

2 notes.  Video from 3 weeks ago about Bitmine partnership.

Video from 2 months ago about their 192 GHs Bitfury system.

So clearly something about the firm is real.  Just am not sure if they've delivered any.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:03:46 AM

Don't know why they picked me...

List of alts to mine...

It was the hat dude... the hat... ;P

Here is what I use for a good list to mine.
http://www.coinchoose.com/
http://www.coinwarz.com/

LOL! It is a nice hat...

I'll check those out again, but I don't recall either of them listing whether the coins were Scrypt or SHA256. This miner won't do Scrypt.

In further news, UPS is now saying I'll have it monday. The delay ain't on AMT. I live in Mountain Home, Idaho. The UPS hub is in Garden City, which is a suburb of Boise. They shipped it to Nampa, which is literally the exact opposite direction. I don't find this surprising at all, unfortunately. I once lived three blocks from the Garden City UPS D.C. and they couldn't find me until I got on the phone and flashed a mirror on the guy's desk. As far as I can gather from around the country, this is no longer typical of UPS (it certainly was in the 90's), but Garden City clearly hasn't changed a bit. I used to joke around that they were affirmative action for the unemployable. Given nearly twenty years, I'm no longer certain it was a joke.

I'm a free market anarchist, so this is a painful admission. Domestically, the United States Post Office is superior to most of it's market competition in both price and service. This wasn't always true, but lately it is.

EDIT: I was wrong, it does indeed show whether or not they are scrypt on CoinChoose. Thanks bro!
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:12:58 AM

LOL! It is a nice hat...
... Thanks bro!

Here is that same link, for coinchoose, with your future values setup... (I hid the scrypt-coins too.)
Bookmark this link, not the other one... 80,000MHs = 80GHs

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/?sha256HashRate=80000.00&sha256Power=0.00&sha256PowerCost=0.0000&scryptHashRate=0&scryptPower=0.00&scryptPowerCost=0.0000&sha256Check=true&scryptCheck=false

I suggest SOLO-Mining on TEK coin. You will get more "solo-blocks", which will result in better results than mining in any rip-off pools. Plus you get the block-rewards from transaction-fees, which most pools keep, even when fees are in the thousands-millions of dollars in BTC.

Mine like hell, and wait until an alt-coin pump before you cash-out for BTC. You will see that mined value 10x-500x more than you mined at, in dollars. (Worth of BTC.)
asprin

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:40:59 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 06:27:09 AM by asprin

I've ordered two of the 1.2's, and my first order is #541.  I have designated it as a local pickup, so I will let the forum know something as soon as I know.

I ordered a 1.2 TH/s miner just last night, #12xx.  Hopefully there aren't really 700+ orders to fill between ours!

Like everybody else who ordered a unit, I'll post status updates as they come.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:08:41 PM

Don't have photoshop at the moment, so I'll just copy and paste that data as of a few minutes ago.

Salt Lake City, UT, United States    01/03/2014    5:31 A.M.    Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States    01/03/2014    4:01 A.M.    Departure Scan
   01/03/2014    3:12 A.M.    Postal code listed for the receiver is incorrect. UPS is attempting to obtain correct postal code and complete delivery. / The address has been corrected. The delivery has been rescheduled.
   01/03/2014    2:01 A.M.    Arrival Scan
Philadelphia, PA, United States    01/02/2014    11:37 P.M.    Departure Scan
   01/02/2014    4:42 P.M.    Pickup Scan

Left from where they say.

It would be better a screenshot.

A screenshot would show personal info that I don't want to put out there at this time. A lot of my software is still in storage from the move. Didn't feel like digging it out just to edit a screenshot.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: