Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:20:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 03:25:12 PM

tera... man, when i need to hear from AMT I hear from them. my emails are returned. maybe not as fast as i like but returned nonetheless. i have to agree you are sounding a little on the dramatic side. as far as phone calls being received. i can only imagine how many phone calls are placed into AMT a day. not once have i even thought of trying to call them - fruitless endeavor. can you get a hold of someone at BFL? cointerra? i dunno if you can to be honest. im asking.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:32:48 PM

Terahasher, I am sure it is just bad timing or something reasonably limiting the desired reply you wish for.

I do sympathize with your concern, as I am sure they do/will, once they manage to get a hold of you. Your account should still show all the status updates for your purchase. If you see nothing, there is nothing new to report.

In the end, being one of the first to make a purchase, you will still be one of the first to get your miner. A miner that few will get, before anyone. (There are not too many consumer THs models that even exist.)

They have a physical location, they have contact information, they are operating in the U.S.A... So, rest assured, if there were to be any "issues" that are "reasonably unacceptable", you do have that "consumer protection", which can be enforced. Just as BFL had to deal with.

Also note, for what it is worth, many shipping methods are delayed due to the severe weather. That, and standard "holiday shipping congestion". (Even if you don't have severe weather in your area, your packages may still be delayed, as you are not the only package being delivered. When one is backed-up, they all get backed-up. Not that this matters directly to you, but if they are getting the packages delivered, then it will impact you. This may also include the "pick-up" date, possibly being stalled.)
terahasher

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:25:06 PM

tera... man, when i need to hear from AMT I hear from them. my emails are returned. maybe not as fast as i like but returned nonetheless. i have to agree you are sounding a little on the dramatic side. as far as phone calls being received. i can only imagine how many phone calls are placed into AMT a day. not once have i even thought of trying to call them - fruitless endeavor. can you get a hold of someone at BFL? cointerra? i dunno if you can to be honest. im asking.

Clenell, you're lucky.  You get an answer back!  I haven't had a single email replied.  I'm not being hostile in any of my correspondences either.  I'm not demanding a phone call.  Just some correspondence to be returned in ANY form.  That would be greatly appreciated.  But I've had none whatsoever.  You really think I'm being dramatic???  Aren't these normal expectations?
clenell

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:11:53 PM

Clenell, you're lucky.  You get an answer back!  I haven't had a single email replied.  I'm not being hostile in any of my correspondences either.  I'm not demanding a phone call.  Just some correspondence to be returned in ANY form.  That would be greatly appreciated.  But I've had none whatsoever.  You really think I'm being dramatic???  Aren't these normal expectations?

wait until the first week of January. if i don't have a miner by then i'll be blowing these boards up too  Grin

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
russellthies

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:26:29 PM

Regarding hearing back from BFL and Cointerra:  Part of the answer depends on the "season" you are calling.  I was able to get someone on the phone with BFL early on after placing the order, however, I could get no one to return a call or email when it got to crunch time.  My experience with Cointerra to this point that been great!, or course they are just now getting into their crunch time, but, of all three companies I have ordered from, I feel best about Cointerra's customer service.
HarrisonS

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:50:16 PM

Regarding hearing back from BFL and Cointerra:  Part of the answer depends on the "season" you are calling.  I was able to get someone on the phone with BFL early on after placing the order, however, I could get no one to return a call or email when it got to crunch time.  My experience with Cointerra to this point that been great!, or course they are just now getting into their crunch time, but, of all three companies I have ordered from, I feel best about Cointerra's customer service.
Some companies might just answer phone calls until you order. They are willing to spend the money to have someone answer pre-sales calls, but it might not be worth it for them to pay someone to answer all the calls from people asking when they are getting their miner.
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:07:20 PM

Investigating further I'm more convinced something is not right here. Their top of the line unit cost 5$/GH. Bitmint sell their chip at 4.5$/ GH if you order in big quantity.

Even if they managed to get a good deals on the chips the margin is not there to build the pcb, case, cooling, etc and make a profit.

You don't know the background of AMT and Bitmine, so lets not assume anything. Bitmine made us their exclusive distributor for the US.  And yes you're close when thinking we are working on a smaller margin than most. But that's the point, we need to be competitive and first on the market in order to demonstrate to the world what the future of AMT is.

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:08:59 PM

So we have an american company that only take payment with bitcoin or wire to a bulgarian bank account and that claims to have shipped miners but nobody has confirmed to ever receive one...

Nothing make sense here

your comment is patently false. read the thread then come back and post. i actually feel for AMT and understand why they try to stay off this thread as much as possible. if they tried to answer every yokel that read 1 page and then started blasting them i'd lose it too.

Guy's,  CLenell is one of most enthusiastic clients, I mean this guy has written an email everyday for the last 10 days straight until he gets an answer and he sends it to all of our emails until Jim eventually responds. Theres no excuse as to why we can't answer an email but all in all Clenell gets it done. Smiley
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:28:04 PM

Just for the record, the "old chips", which you can buy easily in bulk (assembled in to prefab PCIe cards by the thousands), only cost about $12,000 per 1.2Ths. (That is the OLD chips, which draw nearly 1200w).

It makes sense that the new chips, which are not that new actually, are selling for nearly half. (Which is obviously a "early buyer" promotion. I am sure these will quickly rise to $12,000 once they begin rolling-out to "small consumers", while remaining about $6,000 to bulk-buyers.)

But they do lack customer-service for "small purchases". They are obviously inundated with millions of time-killing questions from people who don't even have actual money to pay for the item. Just as BFL had to deal with. They are not selling customer service, they are selling machines. Either you have the money to buy it, and buy it, or you don't, and are just wasting their time, and ours. (That is only to the trollers.)

By the way, there are few people who are in the forums who purchased BFL's 1.5Ths miners, and few who purchase the other 1.2Ths modules which stack by the dozens into cages. Those are big businesses, the ones selling cloud-mining services and who own the majority of the 7000+Th on the network now. Be glad that they are willing to sell such small quantities to us, at these prices, or they will eventually take that away from us too. Not selling unless we buy 10+ 1.2 THs machines at once.

Nothing is stopping you from buying the old crap at 60-100Ghs for $6000, which is still abundant and people are eager to get rid of.

Link, for those who don't mind paying 2x for old technology now... In bulk... (Which is a 3-month preorder too. Just for the record.)
http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?id_product=23&controller=product#/fh_exp_case_16_pcie_slots-no_expansion_case/fh_256ghs_module_a-1_280th_1_200_watts/fh_256ghs_expansion_a-no_256gh_s_expansion_modules

Some good comments here ISAWHIM.

It's also worth noting that current chip tech fab is 22nm (introduced April 2012, actual mass production coming later) and Intel has market lead on those compared to any other chip fab, these shrinks take a few years for fabs to size / retool to production, 14nm will coming middle of 2014 but Intel will likely have 6 months to 1 year lead on everyone else. Searching the web you'll see 28nm for ASIC production is bleeding edge, so if they are delayed a little - don't be too surprised. Going from 65/55nm to 28nm is a large leap forwards for current ASIC production and it's not going to jump too rapidly further unless there's massive demand, market cap and demand increase of bitcoin producing h/w, so much so that reaches something ridiculous that this demand pushes chip fabs to spend millions/billions is retooling for better than 28nm...someone from chip fabrication could chime in here and clarify further or correct the information stated, which was gathered based on simple web searching and my tech background. What's likely true is that existing ASIC chip fabs are using some production % to produce these mining chips and unless demand is high expect delays as profit/production model establishes itself.

There's folks making more in trading recently due to rise and variability of trading against other currencies, so I don't think there's that much growing demand for mining h/w, plus the rapid difficulty rises and new startups trying establish a profitable business model is making it difficult to get hold of equipment. I hope things stabilize, but more so actual bitcoin trading volumes increase so that mining not just for bitcoins which is going down but rewards for trades actually means something useful versus the power being consumed. The rewards for mining from trades seems pretty much small to nothing, which is really disappointing, it would be good if these actually get published and tracked, anonymously ofcource like the number bitcoins being found.

We agree, ISAWHIM does have some good comments. And Naran is right when he states that going from a 65/55 to 28nm in 5 months is not easy for any industry. Our 1.2's and soon to be released larger miners will be dependent on 28nm chips and nothing more. You can build a 1.2th miner with bitfury, bu the cost to build is roughly - well too much and not practical.  This market will really unravel over the next 6 months, and we'll understand the cost to produce/buy/ and develop chips as we move forward. A good factor on new players entering the production market depends on a various things, but one major one that everyone seems to overlook, is how ALT coins perform over the next 6 months. In general, this will determines the LTV of the customer, which will define major risk factors when choosing to enter the market or not. That's what the big guys are waiting for if you ask me.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:40:53 PM

edit: brainfart.

Those chips are 28nm chips, just like coincraft A1. Nothing old about them, they arent even on the market yet. As for power consumption a little under 1W/GH at the wall is in line with all the other 28nm chips, and that probably includes coincraft A1 which is specced at 0.6W/GH at the chip level. Its not because AMT seems to think it will somehow be lower at the wall than what the chip is specced for, that you should bet a lot of money on that.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:46:09 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2013, 07:10:13 AM by AMT_miners

All I'm asking from AMT is to PLEASE send out an update to all the people who purchased back in Oct.  Our due dates for pick-up are Dec 16th (Monday!).  They should NOT be wasting time on this forum dealing with trolls.  In fact if they just sent the paying customers an update, all of us customers would be able to disprove the trolls.  Currently, AMT left me in the dark.  And I don't want them to respond to me here.  I hope they'll answer one of my voicemails or emails I left with them requesting an update.  I hope they'll behave professionally and contact me via the outlets provided on their official website.
 Undecided

The only thing reassuring on this forum is that AMT still exists and they haven't closed shop and left with my money.  Before coming across this forum (just this week!), I was totally freaking out when none of my communications were being returned since Thanksgiving!

No you're right we need to send updates for sure. There's no excuse as to why we can't get back to everyone that called or inquired. In general we just moved to a different office and hired some new staff that we're training in the moment, but still that's not an excuse and we apologize for not getting back to you. There is no selection when responding to clients it's actually just an issue of being understaffed which we are resolving as fast as possible.  Regarding coming to pick up your miner, we are running few weeks back due to the delivery of our chips, but in general once they arrive they go straight to surface mount, then assembly then ship/pickup. Which is a one week process per shipping batch. We've also looked into getting some help from a local Assembly/Shipping house in the area that can assist in the event we get too backlogged ourselves. One of the guys in our core team has over 15 years of experience in this matter, start to finish engineering procedures and especially in final assembly. We also have a good relationship with a PCB assembly/fulfillment house which is out in Croydon, PA and have had discussions and made plans to work with them as well.  We'll never close up shop and run off, in fact we've been working hard just "opening shop" if we're speaking frankly.  Clients in the first few batches that ordered the 1.2 will be compensated in  for the late delivery, and will be highly rewarded in the future regarding all AMT products.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:48:53 PM

And as i'm answering in order.. i see you're really having an issue here. Write us another email to sales and I'll make sure its responded to quickly.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:53:02 PM

Some companies might just answer phone calls until you order. They are willing to spend the money to have someone answer pre-sales calls, but it might not be worth it for them to pay someone to answer all the calls from people asking when they are getting their miner.

I wish we could do that, no jk. But like 50% of the calls we get and return are people asking for updates on their shipping time (even 1 week after they purchases) and guys that don't really understand Bitcoin and just looking for someone to explain them everything mining from A to Z. We haven't updated the system enough to select who we call back, its literally like an answering service where when we sit down to return calls we pick a date, ie yesterday or today and click start and it call people back one by one.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:03:47 PM

Regarding hearing back from BFL and Cointerra:  Part of the answer depends on the "season" you are calling.  I was able to get someone on the phone with BFL early on after placing the order, however, I could get no one to return a call or email when it got to crunch time.  My experience with Cointerra to this point that been great!, or course they are just now getting into their crunch time, but, of all three companies I have ordered from, I feel best about Cointerra's customer service.

BFL has gotten their stuff together recently and we can't say anything bad about their customer service/shipping times over the last few months. They've taken this market to a next day delivery, fine they're delivery a small miner which wont yield a return, but still next day shipping deserves a good amount of respect and credibility in any industry right. And the CoinTerra guys have their act together as well regarding customer service and looks to have a decent product too. Their pricing points were just... Ballsy.. and if they pull it off then they deserve a good amount of respect credibility as well. We're looking forward to either working with or competing against both companies in the future. As far as we see it, those are the only two threats we have in America and we're the underdog. Kinda like rocky.. ya know, cause he's also from Philly.  Dun..na..nahh.... Na.. Na.. Nahhh...

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:13:50 PM

So we have an american company that only take payment with bitcoin or wire to a american or bulgarians bank account and that claims to have shipped miners but nobody has confirmed to ever receive one...

Nothing make sense here

American's pay to American banks, Europeans pay to European banks, what doesn't make sense?
LightInPA

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:58:13 PM

I have watched this saga as it unfolds with little but barely-restrained fury at those who think they can make a quick buck on the backs of hard-working men and women, and using the name and symbols of a Craft I hold dear. With a wink and a nod, no less.  And then a sneer as they cash out their ill-gotten gains.

I do not draw conclusions here. I call out details I have noted and frayed edges they havent tamped down.  I simply wish bring to Light the facts I have noted that may have escaped others. Judge as you will, but dig deeper, and if fooled they would have you, I would only that you keep your money from their fists and see them punished. If indeed they so deserve.

So. On AMT's site, they have not-so-subtly placed some Masonic symbols. Indicating they, as a group, may be Masons.  Corresponding are forum names of possible shills like boaz33. Also masonic, and using overt and out-of-place Masonic symbols. Sort of.  They used the same sock puppet on Reddit. I would like to point out that as a Pennsylvania Mason, it is part of our Oath and Obligation not to use our tokens in such a Crass and Materialistic fashion. Nor is it considered "okay" even just letting Brothers know in that way, especially when among outsiders. As most of you are.  It is, I repeat, NOT ACCEPTABLE to advertise "Hey, I'm a Freemason." in almost any enterprise.  The gentlemen in my Lodge and I have done our research. And we've done our investigating. We find no reason to hold back at this point, as the scam and theft by AMT is ongoing. And to claim that they are "On the Level" is simply sick-making. They are not Masons of any lodge we can locate.  "Advanced Mining Technology" as a corporation exists in the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's registry, but they were formed in 1990, 20 years before bitcoin, and actually sell mining equipment. Not bitcoin miners, shovels. They seem to track to a backwater lot in Florida, though they were once in PA. Twenty years is a long time, of course. http://www.bizapedia.com/pa/ADVANCED-MINING-TECHNOLOGY-INC.html  That company's registered to Friedrich and Marianne Hesse. Interesting, ja?

I shall leave it to others to continue with some of these threads. I could hold my tongue no more.

I know there are Brothers here that have seen what I have, even if they've wisely chosen to reserve judgment.  You may feel free to PM or email any relevant details. My email is CallForLight@mac.hush.com

However, the ongoing shilling turns my stomach.  Boaz33, your first posts were about "Hey, should we just start a brand new mining ASIC company there's more money in giving refunds!?"  Majalen33...again, the Masonic 33. You should remember that those who Know don't speak, and those who speak typically don't Know.  Clenell, I point to you, too. Why does the phone number in your craigslist ad return to an Ohio man with a criminal record?   Are you not in North Carolina as your recent May arrest indicates?  "Jim" @ AMT? Shall we go on? And on Reddit and the other sites. Men may be Fools, but we are all Fools together.

So, to AMT and your cronies, cohorts and craven soon-to-be co-defendants:  I'd advise you all to come clean NOW as the next posting will detail and dox the individuals involved, and I would promise criminal and civil charges to follow.  At this point you may extricate yourselves and close the books on yet another scam to separate fools and their money. The community needs honesty, legitimacy and Light. You bring none. Make it stop. NOW.

With Love and Light.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:58:26 PM

Regarding hearing back from BFL and Cointerra:  Part of the answer depends on the "season" you are calling.  I was able to get someone on the phone with BFL early on after placing the order, however, I could get no one to return a call or email when it got to crunch time.  My experience with Cointerra to this point that been great!, or course they are just now getting into their crunch time, but, of all three companies I have ordered from, I feel best about Cointerra's customer service.

BFL has gotten their stuff together recently and we can't say anything bad about their customer service/shipping times over the last few months. They've taken this market to a next day delivery, fine they're delivery a small miner which wont yield a return, but still next day shipping deserves a good amount of respect and credibility in any industry right. And the CoinTerra guys have their act together as well regarding customer service and looks to have a decent product too. Their pricing points were just... Ballsy.. and if they pull it off then they deserve a good amount of respect credibility as well. We're looking forward to either working with or competing against both companies in the future. As far as we see it, those are the only two threats we have in America and we're the underdog. Kinda like rocky.. ya know, cause he's also from Philly.  Dun..na..nahh.... Na.. Na.. Nahhh...

AMT+Josh=LOVE!

alsey7

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:15:26 AM

well after reading all this. I'm happy with amt. going to order one soon. What i love about AMT is for a fact they take Visa, Master card and America express. With all three credit cards ( which i plan on buying with a AMX ) I'm fully covered. If i don't get the product.  AMX said once i order it. They will keep track of it. If i never receive the item they will refund the money back to my card. The biggest thing AMT has is credit card transaction Protects its customers. And other sites only take bank transfers or bitcoin. NO way to protect your money

But once i see someone has a AMT Miner i will place my order.... with a credit card  Grin
clenell

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:50:27 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2013, 01:06:23 AM by clenell

I have watched this saga as it unfolds with little but barely-restrained fury at those who think they can make a quick buck on the backs of hard-working men and women, and using the name and symbols of a Craft I hold dear. With a wink and a nod, no less.  And then a sneer as they cash out their ill-gotten gains.

I do not draw conclusions here. I call out details I have noted and frayed edges they havent tamped down.  I simply wish bring to Light the facts I have noted that may have escaped others. Judge as you will, but dig deeper, and if fooled they would have you, I would only that you keep your money from their fists and see them punished. If indeed they so deserve.

So. On AMT's site, they have not-so-subtly placed some Masonic symbols. Indicating they, as a group, may be Masons.  Corresponding are forum names of possible shills like boaz33. Also masonic, and using overt and out-of-place Masonic symbols. Sort of.  They used the same sock puppet on Reddit. I would like to point out that as a Pennsylvania Mason, it is part of our Oath and Obligation not to use our tokens in such a Crass and Materialistic fashion. Nor is it considered "okay" even just letting Brothers know in that way, especially when among outsiders. As most of you are.  It is, I repeat, NOT ACCEPTABLE to advertise "Hey, I'm a Freemason." in almost any enterprise.  The gentlemen in my Lodge and I have done our research. And we've done our investigating. We find no reason to hold back at this point, as the scam and theft by AMT is ongoing. And to claim that they are "On the Level" is simply sick-making. They are not Masons of any lodge we can locate.  "Advanced Mining Technology" as a corporation exists in the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's registry, but they were formed in 1990, 20 years before bitcoin, and actually sell mining equipment. Not bitcoin miners, shovels. They seem to track to a backwater lot in Florida, though they were once in PA. Twenty years is a long time, of course. http://www.bizapedia.com/pa/ADVANCED-MINING-TECHNOLOGY-INC.html  That company's registered to Friedrich and Marianne Hesse. Interesting, ja?

I shall leave it to others to continue with some of these threads. I could hold my tongue no more.

I know there are Brothers here that have seen what I have, even if they've wisely chosen to reserve judgment.  You may feel free to PM or email any relevant details. My email is CallForLight@mac.hush.com

However, the ongoing shilling turns my stomach.  Boaz33, your first posts were about "Hey, should we just start a brand new mining ASIC company there's more money in giving refunds!?"  Majalen33...again, the Masonic 33. You should remember that those who Know don't speak, and those who speak typically don't Know.  Clenell, I point to you, too. Why does the phone number in your craigslist ad return to an Ohio man with a criminal record?   Are you not in North Carolina as your recent May arrest indicates?  "Jim" @ AMT? Shall we go on? And on Reddit and the other sites. Men may be Fools, but we are all Fools together.

So, to AMT and your cronies, cohorts and craven soon-to-be co-defendants:  I'd advise you all to come clean NOW as the next posting will detail and dox the individuals involved, and I would promise criminal and civil charges to follow.  At this point you may extricate yourselves and close the books on yet another scam to separate fools and their money. The community needs honesty, legitimacy and Light. You bring none. Make it stop. NOW.

With Love and Light.

well, you have mastered google. yes, in may i received a DWI coming home from a smashing pumpkins concert (may 9th?). yes, my "mugshot" is posted online for all the world to see. I do not have a say in this. yes, i live in north carolina. i am a project manager for a construction company whose corporate office is in Mentor Ohio - hence a company phone with a phone number from ohio. this phone number has been the phone number of many employees before i came along 5 years ago. what conspiracy do you think you have here? you are a fool.

p.s. i am Junior in case you get me mixed up with my father asshole.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 01:26:36 AM

well after reading all this. I'm happy with amt. going to order one soon. What i love about AMT is for a fact they take Visa, Master card and America express.

No they don't.

Buy & Hold
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: