Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:33:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 8440

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 10:55:34 AM

Man, I was about to yell at y'all for being offtopic and not talking about trolls... until I noticed they'd renamed the thread. I've fixed the name back. Next time the OP abuses their ability to edit the thread title for a long established thread to change it to something unrelated, please report it to the moderators.
subseaguru

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 01:22:25 PM

Everyone who ordered an AMT80ghs, AMT128ghs, or AMT192ghs, please post your order number here.

1116 was my order but it was turned down a few days later because you can't process payment.

ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 02:20:32 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2013, 02:42:46 PM by ISAWHIM

Man, I was about to yell at y'all for being offtopic and not talking about trolls... until I noticed they'd renamed the thread. I've fixed the name back. Next time the OP abuses their ability to edit the thread title for a long established thread to change it to something unrelated, please report it to the moderators.

Thanks gmaxwell, I think they might have just wanted to wait until they had more "reporting miners", before attempting to re-post a more "official" thread.

Like all other threads in this forum, derailment has occurred, without moderation. There should be special "moderator-tools", or priorities, designated for "business owners". Even if only the ability to "SPOILER" troll-posts, and off-topic posts, until a real moderator can remove them. (If left, they would remain as spoilers that have to be "expanded" to be seen.)

Sorry, but I can't tell if you are being sarcastic in your post... "Report OP's abuse"... "Fixed OP's abuse"... "Left reported troll-posts and off-topic posts." (Seems ironic, as that seems like abuse of mod-ability. That is not intended to nit-pick, just an observation.)

As to the question about "Do I think they will send me a machine with the ABILITY to reach 1.2THs, and run NOMINALLY near that speed, while remaining NOMINALLY around 600Watts at the wall."

Yes, I do believe the unit will produce up to 1.2THs, running around 600Watts. With the ability to run slower, down to ?? speed, which will consume around 300Watts. If it ends-up consuming more wattage at the wall, I honestly wouldn't care. If it can be modified to run faster, with more power, that is just a bonus. (However, that may also require physically modifications to the voltage-regulators they designed the board with, as I am sure they will be limited to stay under 600Watts, for safety. So you don't kill the provided power-supply or overheat the chips with those standard heat-sinks.)

The only real major statistic that most are actually concerned with, is the 1.2THs potential. Since that is what they are paying for, the speed. Operating at 1200Watts would still put this unit on par with any other comparable unit out there, except the 20nm designs.

Is it possible, yes. Is it plausible, yes. Is it true, that has yet to be determined by consumers. Do I believe it will be EXACTLY those specs, within all acceptable reason, yes. Do I believe it is a flat-out informed lie, no. Do I think I will get 60 chips, no, I stated it could be done with 44-48, which I believe is realistic by looking at the designs. I think that answers all your questions, again... So please stop asking the same question over and over. You could have PMed me. I thought you wanted an actual explanation, to ease your mind, to share with the public. I was wrong for thinking that.

Worst case scenerio, as per specs... I can see the "boards" consuming 600Watts, with the rest consuming about 20Watts for the controller and fans, prior to the PSU. With a horrid 80% efficiency, that would put it at a 750Watts at the wall, roughly. Which is what a 600Watt PSU pulls at the wall, to create 600Watts of output, when it is only 80% efficient. The PSU I see them using looks like a 90% efficient PSU, which would put the wall power at around 670Watts.

That, to me, would just be an oversight, or a play on words. When the website says "Consumed wattage at the wall is 600Watts." Then we can talk about lies, if it does not come close to that value. However, they don't say that, and there is no proof otherwise to confirm that the ESTIMATED specs are incorrect. (Pre-order = Nothing to test yet, thus, ESTIMATED or as reported by the MFG.)
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 02:49:07 PM

How will they get 1.2 TH at only 600 watts?  Huh
ISAWHIM

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 02:55:50 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2013, 05:13:51 PM by ISAWHIM

How will they get 1.2 TH at only 600 watts?  Huh

Using magic from the Lord of the rings! Hold your bitcoin and rub it while clicking your heels three times, and repeat the magic words. "Rize Dragun! Rize Dragun!"

Wait, what are watts?

It's a type-o, should say 1.2THs @ 600 KWatts... JK.

How the hell can I heat my house with only 600Watts... Now I need to buy four miners to stay warm all winter!

Yay, an official troll... He may post official troll posts... The new forum mascot! (Your post count should be much larger, or you are not an official troll-poster!)

Had to chime-in to say that. Ok, back on topic now.

P.S. Happy holidays.
amer

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 04:56:07 PM

Aww, I was hoping that AMT came to their senses and turned over a "be professional" Christmas leaf. Hopefully they do anyway!

tips: 1amerApYUVjsKSuVUtfjxaoi7QXG7Zwao
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 10:02:10 PM

Yes, I do believe the unit will produce up to 1.2THs, running around 600Watts.

QFS
Billsonl

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:00:56 PM

Today, 12/26/2013, I received the following e-mail.  This e-mail was a result of me placing an order a week and 1/2 ago.  I ordered an 80 gh/s (80 GH/s Coin Miner $1,545)  hoping to pay via credit card as their site clearly stated that they accept CC on the 2 smaller units.  After a week, got an e-mail saying that they can't accept CC and wanted me to paid via Bitcoins or wire transfer.  I ignored it and today, I got this.

Hi XXX and Merry Christmas!

I just wanted to follow up on the order that you placed with us. Do you
wish to proceed further with your order and choose one of the currently
available payment methods provided.
If you do, please let us know, otherwise we will place another order on
your position in the que.

Many thanks and enjoy the holidays:)

--
Alyssa Trusten
AMT Billing Dep.
1254 W. Chester Pike,
Havertown, PA, 19083
1855-866-6463
atrusten@Advancedminers.com
Mblackout

Activity: 145

BitRoll

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:05:38 AM

AMT stepping it up on their website

- Now selling chips
- customer support area (password protected so i have no clue whats there).
- 1.2 th miner closeout (what does this mean should we expect 2.0 coming soon)

good stuff AMT.  Looking forward to picking up my order.

AMT let us know whats going on.  I still have hope.  
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:07:03 AM

- Now selling chips

$120 for a 25GH/s nominal chip in QTY 100 with delivery in February? If I could get delivery in a couple weeks I might be interested, but at those prices and timelines.
Anddos

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:35:02 AM

First post is empty why?

HarrisonS

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:36:15 AM

First post is empty why?
The OP deleted it because of the "trolls"
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:53:41 AM

- Now selling chips

Are you near their location?  Is their office real?
Khanduras

Activity: 168

Movin' on up.

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:40:47 AM

- Now selling chips

Are you near their location?  Is their office real?

If you paid attention, someone else said they went to their location. It does exist. Their previous office, maybe not, because nobody in the surrounding area even heard of AMT... but the new one does exist.

Bitcoin Address: 1N1sex4rktWdxBJcFTczYZF5Xa75C47j4c                 |
Mining Income Address: 15wgpV7fDN8fVYn1q9QaPb9XSLjGRhry5L    |
ISAWHIM

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:08:48 AM

I guess this confirms the use of "Coincraft A1" chips...

Now all they need to do is sell the assembled miner boards, and they will have a massive market ready to buy them in bulk!

From what I understand the "Close-out", is how they are saying, "End of this batch". The next batch should have new delivery dates, and may or may-not have a new price... It already went up from $5,599.00 to $5,999.00... Might go up again, or back down, or get an upgrade to design for a new model. We won't know until after Friday.

I think we lost our chance of getting real direct answers due to the senseless troll-posts and accusations of being fake, to being part of a secret organization, to being in a whole other country, to having impossible specs on hardware. Not as funny to them, as it is to us. But equally as frustrating to deal with.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:23:24 PM

I guess this confirms the use of "Coincraft A1" chips...

Now all they need to do is sell the assembled miner boards, and they will have a massive market ready to buy them in bulk!

From what I understand the "Close-out", is how they are saying, "End of this batch". The next batch should have new delivery dates, and may or may-not have a new price... It already went up from $5,599.00 to $5,999.00... Might go up again, or back down, or get an upgrade to design for a new model. We won't know until after Friday.

I think we lost our chance of getting real direct answers due to the senseless troll-posts and accusations of being fake, to being part of a secret organization, to being in a whole other country, to having impossible specs on hardware. Not as funny to them, as it is to us. But equally as frustrating to deal with.

You know, Michael Dell used to assembly his PCs from his dorm room.

These folks are essentially assembly systems source from Bitfury and Bitmine (both in Europe), into stand alone units.

I don't expect them to really have top notch technical talent.

I do however expect them to deliver the goods when their sources start shipping.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ISAWHIM

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:26:55 AM

As I understand it, they have paid a company to MFG the boards. They, unlike BFL, are not assembling the boards themselves. The photo's on flicker show the boards already assembled in Bulgaria, at a factory. The assembly they are doing in-house, is configuring the network-boards to work with X-number of miner-boards, and connecting the physical components. (Same thing alien-ware does for Dell now. Alien-ware does not manufacture anything, they are just assemblers of existing components.)

I am sure the boards are being designed by someone with the tools and the knowledge to do so. Might even be coincraft themselves doing the MFG of the boards, to match the chips. (To the specs of the clients.)

In any event, the only thing that matters is the delivery and the final operating results of delivered materials. Doesn't matter who made them, or how they were made, if they function and are guaranteed. Though, I am sure that anyone has the ability to do this in a basement. Location is irrelevant. It is not like they are producing millions of units themselves. I would actually find that to be "unbelievable", if they claimed such an impossible feat. However, assembly is easily possible, by the thousands. (I know, I have worked in a factory that was essentially a "garage", producing thousands of hand-assembled items, which includes 100% quality-control checking to ISO certified standards.) Plugging a USB into a USB connector and screwing-in a fan-mount and plugging-in a power-connector, does not take much "skill" or time.

Waiting for parts to arrive, to assemble, opening boxes, checking connections, configuring and testing, repacking and mailing, takes a lot more time. Tongue
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 09:35:51 AM

In any event, the only thing that matters is the delivery and the final operating results of delivered materials. Doesn't matter who made them, or how they were made, if they function and are guaranteed. Though, I am sure that anyone has the ability to do this in a basement. Location is irrelevant. It is not like they are producing millions of units themselves. I would actually find that to be "unbelievable", if they claimed such an impossible feat. However, assembly is easily possible, by the thousands. (I know, I have worked in a factory that was essentially a "garage", producing thousands of hand-assembled items, which includes 100% quality-control checking to ISO certified standards.) Plugging a USB into a USB connector and screwing-in a fan-mount and plugging-in a power-connector, does not take much "skill" or time.

Waiting for parts to arrive, to assemble, opening boxes, checking connections, configuring and testing, repacking and mailing, takes a lot more time. Tongue

Exactly.  That is why their story is completely believable.  We know where they are sourcing their 28nm parts, it is bitmine.ch.  Bitmine.ch is from Switzerland and has stated in their website that AMT was their exclusive U.S. distributor.  Furthermore, does not make sense for Bitmine.ch to send completed units with heavy cases and power supplies.  So all that is sent are the logic boards and AMT assembles them.

The actual assembly may be different from coincraft after all these cases may be source from china.

The current 55nm line appears to be bitfury (from bulgaria), so these are what they are selling for quicker delivery.

As far as trolls are concerned,  they have motivation to discourage everyone from buying hardware.  After all, Bitcoin mining is competitive and the less competitors the higher the profits.

Now the other U.S. vendors like HashFast, Cointerra and even BFL are more sophisticated in that they create their own chips.  The game though is trying to figure out where you can buy and get your equipment ahead of everyone.   Though Bitmine being Swiss are very meticulous and disciplined, so I do expect a high level of execution.  AMT however may not be as professional, but all they are doing is assembly, so more room for error should be tolerable. 

Everyone appears to be delayed though which is driving everyone insane!  

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ISAWHIM

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:56:46 PM

I am still quite sure that the "delays", are related more to "Dick multi-millionaire paid millions for priority batch shipping", thus, resulting in small orders being pushed back. Those seven multi-million dollar cash-outs happened for a reason, and it wasn't because they wanted cash, I am sure.

That, or they may have decided to do what BFL did, and "test them" for a month before actual release... You know, for testing purposes. (To get BTC while the ROI is high. LOL.)

That, along with suddenly getting 1,000,000 orders for individual boards, when they could only produce 10,000 a day, I am sure has to be part of the issue. (Not AMT, Coincraft.)

I also notice coincraft, like KNC, doesn't sell PSU's. The specs for the same machines as the 1.2THs are roughly the same as these, and DO go up to about 2THs in turbo. (But that does require 4x the power.) So my assumptions that the units would come with almost 44-48 chips seems to be spot-on.

Can't wait to see if they lower the prices today at AMT, like coincraft has done. That would be nice.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 05:54:02 PM

Exactly.  That is why their story is completely believable.

Its entirely believable they are cramming bitfury boards in lian li cases, and its just as believable they intend to put Bitmine boards in their newer miners.

Whats not believable is that they will receive bitmine chips before bitmine themselves, nor that they will achieve vastly better performance per watt from bitmine chips than bitmine. Or for that matter, that they can legally avoid VAT in europe.  If you cant believe their delivery date claims, nor their hardware specs, or almost anything else they say, good luck ordering with them. Perhaps at least the Lian Li case may prove to be genuine.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: