Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:48:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
dreward

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:18:03 PM

Um, because they are shipping an EU-product to EU, possibly from EU... dumbass. Thus, no VAT

Sorry, couldnt read further than that. Please get a clue.

Haha this is funny. Could not resist posting in a thread I don't really belong. I live in the EU and I can confirm we do have VAT here in the EU. Companies not collecting VAT from customers (customers not being a corporation) is committing tax evasion and they do have to state the VAT on the invoice and not just include it in the price. This whole AMT thing quite funny and I am looking forward to see what is going to happen. Will they ship or will they run or will they maybe be charged with tax evasion.

edit - And I could add, if this is not an EU-product shipped from EU but instead a product shipped from the US, VAT will be collected at customs. If you manage not to pay VAT, you are commiting tax evasion, there is no way around this. This specific statement from AMT is fraudulent.
Actually only fraudulent if they knew it to be untrue. People in the US tend to think of VAT as sales tax and they do not understand that when they ship from here people there still have to pay the tax. I think you should use the term ignorant as opposed to fraudulent. Too many inflammatory terms are being throw around here.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:50:29 PM

Off topic... sort-of... (On topic to the last few posts.)

And now you know why BTC is growing in popularity. Now you also know why America cut the chains from British-rule/European-rule. (Only to damn themselves with British/European-like rule, that was local. lol. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.)

In any event, the next batch seems to be ordering now. Double-check directly with AMT if you have questions about VAT being covered, or if it is needed. (Since it could just be included in the price, or the units could just be shipping from within EU itself, thus not an import.)

As for the rest, who are expecting shipping soon... They have said there were possible slight delays, when they were posting a few posts back. (Holiday congestion and storms and production hiccups. Though, they said it was only a 1-2 week hiccup, I believe.) Units have gone out before, are still going out, and have been arriving. Some of the owners are also members here. Not all who purchased units are members of this forum. I have seen about eight members here, orders around #500 - #1000, admit to making a purchase. Me being one of them.

I am sure the rest of the people who purchased are about as interested in the forums, as a cat is interested in water. Less, now that all this B.S. and petty crap is thrown around the only "Official post", which was redacted, then re-titled by a MOD. (Thus, is no longer an official post, since the OP has given up on playing reindeer games with the children of the forum.)

So, in essence, this is the "Official Thread: AMT", which is, by re-possession, officially the MODs post.

I will personally be posting my full break-down and review and mods, for the 1.2THs miner, in another thread. This thread is just wasted space now, and should be locked until it dies, after having the title stripped again. Since it wasn't AMT that re-titled it, and a non-owner/non-employee re-titled it.
alsey7

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:54:02 PM

who cares abut vat this or vat that.. amt should just release the miners. or they should follow Id software model. release date..... "WHEN ITS DONE" or is AMT  going to do valve and not release  HL3 episode 3
andjo327

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:19:05 PM

This is also a lie.

Why are you saying these things? I you have no clue just use google and spend 5 minutes on it instead of posting here.

Dumb-ass, My QUOTE is right from the legal pages of the EU-VAT pages, found from google, made by the EU-GOVT. So you are calling the EU-GOVT a liar, not me.

Posting quotes from EU-VAT pages is not the same as understanding them. But now I don't really believe you are a liar, I am sorry for calling you that, now I think you have tried to understand EU-VAT but just did not get it.

But you should never go full retard.

Obviously, you guys still have nothing else better to do, than create fictitious situations that don't exists, and pretend they do. So I will let you continue to play in your fantasy world.

AMT wins either way. I win either way. You just lose... Again...

We living in the fantasy world called EU pay VAT everyday, don't be ignorant pulling something from EU-VAT pages you don't understand and start calling us dumb-asses.

And I don't care about AMT. I didn't post because I have something against them, I posted to stop you from spreading lies. I am actually happy you have bought from them. And I am curious to see how it turns out.

Actually only fraudulent if they knew it to be untrue. People in the US tend to think of VAT as sales tax and they do not understand that when they ship from here people there still have to pay the tax. I think you should use the term ignorant as opposed to fraudulent. Too many inflammatory terms are being throw around here.
Yes, fraudulent is probably the wrong word, ignorant is better.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:25:17 PM

Yes, fraudulent is probably the wrong word, ignorant is better.

Id have bought ignorant initially. But AMT were corrected and it was explained to them, but AMT responded and maintained they "had their ways" and were in fact already shipping to customers from the EU to the EU while avoiding VAT. So scratch ignorant, we are left with either untruthful or unlawful.

And before anyone brings it up; if you are small company thats not (yet)  VAT registered, it doesnt mean you can avoid VAT for your customers. It means you cant get back the VAT you have to pay on your purchases, so VAT is paid either way. Its just paid on a little bit smaller amount if you are not adding a lot of value to the supply chain.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:10:29 PM

Like I said, buy it, or don't... I personally don't care. Your options are all in front of you.

I am not in EU, so I could care less about EU-VAT. I linked the EU-VAT pages, and simply quoted right from the pages. I never said anything about not having to pay EU-VAT for imports. What I said was that the charges, (if they said they were taken care of), were already included in the price you see at the time of checkout, where it shows the final price. You have no idea who is handling the "payment processing" for them. Some services, like paypal and some credit-cards, do this processing for you, behind the scenes.

If THEY are committing EU-VAT fraud... then that is not YOUR problem anyways, as long as YOU pay YOUR VAT, then you are covered. If the VAT you paid, was already paid, then YOU get a VAT return. (Since that would be you paying taxes twice. Just as I am responsible for MY taxes, if the person selling to me, has not charged me taxes. If they did, and I pay more, I get it back when I file a tax-return.)

In any event, it is still YOU paying the VAT, if VAT is required. Either prior to the sale (built into the price), or at the point of import, or post-delivery. Which are the three legal/valid points of payment.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:49:15 PM

Looks like the Bitmine.ch folks are in China to get the packaged IC chips.

Now hoping for a fast delivery!

Hashfast is shipping end of the month.
Cointerra has the wafers but has not yet packaged the chips.
Bitmain is shipping 55 mm avalon systems.   They are now all over eBay.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 01:36:39 PM

I thought there's a big Hashfast drama:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=391251.0

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:18:51 PM

I thought there's a big Hashfast drama:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=391251.0

He didn't say end of which month...
dietertong

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:10:55 PM

Ordered with AMT. Had some issues with payment but sent an email and quickly had it sorted out. Was really easy to work with, looking forward to shipping soon Smiley
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:27:13 PM

Ordered with AMT. Had some issues with payment but sent an email and quickly had it sorted out. Was really easy to work with, looking forward to shipping soon Smiley

Good luck with that.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:50:07 PM

Not sure what the thought is on deleting the OP.  Now you can't even find their website on this thread.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:39:46 AM

Is there anyone out there that has received anything from this company in the last month and can vouch for their quality and service?

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Mblackout

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

BitRoll

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:11:50 AM

Is there anyone out there that has received anything from this company in the last month and can vouch for their quality and service?

Nope not a peep.  No responses to any of my emails

i was hoping this was not the case.
Billsonl

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:17:52 AM

Not sure what the thought is on deleting the OP.  Now you can't even find their website on this thread.

Here's their website https://advancedminers.com
elaramus

Activity: 219

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:25:30 AM

Didn't you know that when the SHA-256 algorithm is applied to the letters AMT, they become BFL?

Except BFL actually shipped something.

What happened to the dude who was supposed to get the free 80GH/s?
ISAWHIM

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:31:42 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2013, 04:49:37 AM by ISAWHIM

There was a member who posted pics and started to do some setup stuff, a few posts back. (Though, he was short one board, and said one fan was either DOA, or stuck. He was being shipped the missing board. Seems the photos have been removed... but the posts are still there.)

The guy getting the free miner, messed-up his shipping info, corrected it, and is waiting for the delivery.

As for the website... Google, or just follow the many ads for AMT that are showing-up everywhere in anything related to bitcoins. Hint for the future, if you ever forget... Google "1.2THs bitcoin", or "AMT bitcoin"... First few links should be one for the website.

The relevant posts are scattered among all the troll-posts. There is also some miner-pron within the first 20 posts, as well as videos on youtube.
alsey7

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:07:31 AM

how the frak do u messed up typing your address?Huh? I've never heard of that lolo
swiftshoot

Activity: 200

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:18:49 AM

Well, on the 23rd, I got an email that they would try to ship my unit by the 24th and give me my tracking number.... It is the 28th now and I am still waiting for my tracking number so I don't think they even shipped my unit.

Shipping on the days before Christmas is a nightmare. I am sure they are "trying", or have already shipped, but just not updated your shipping information yet. Don't hesitate to give them a call, and be sure to leave your order-number and a contact number. (Hit them right back in a reply from that e-mail they sent you.)

I never had a problem shipping or receiving tracking numbers before Christmas.  I never had problems getting a courier service to deliver on time as they mentioned for the services I paid for during holidays.  Therefore, there should be no excuse why AMT should be delaying my shipment IF they said " The AMT 80 the AMT 128 GHs, and the AMT 192 GHs, ship within 21 days of the date of purchase."
It should have been built, tested and read for packaging by the 21st.  Does not take 10 days to stick an address, tracking number and contact the courier to ship.

Shipping on Christmas is only an excuse for companies that ACTUALLY Ships products out... From what I have been hearing/seeing here is that no product has been shipped out yet.  Until we see about a handful of reviews from people in different places of the world, their word about shipping on time is still marked as a dud.

I have left messages, emails, just no replies.  Since they did not post any Holiday hours, in my view, they are still in business with no holiday breaks except Dec 25 and Jan 1.

Build your own Cloud Miner! https://cex.io/r/1/swiftshoot/0/
to Make your BTC Mine for you. 3% referral bonus if you sign up others... please use my referral code if you want to join. You can also redeem your hardware after you get enough GHS.
btc:
ltc:
other altcoins: send me PM for address.
Khanduras

Activity: 168

Movin' on up.

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:28:56 AM

A small update. Due to curiosity, and complete lack of any form of response to any of my numerous emails and phone calls, I've had a few friends and relatives in the area stop by the address of AMT's new offices. It seems like AMT does exist as an entity in this new place after all.

Unfortunately, getting to see someone face to face is as impossible as it is to contact someone by email or phone. Upon seven different attempts at trying to catch someone in the address in PA, all they've been greeted with is a locked door. It's a positive sign that people in the area can confirm their existence as a business, however I'm still quite disappointed in lack of a proper means to contact them. Unless they're taking the entire month off for holiday, there's really just no excuse for this blatant disregard for their customers.

Bitcoin Address: 1N1sex4rktWdxBJcFTczYZF5Xa75C47j4c                 |
Mining Income Address: 15wgpV7fDN8fVYn1q9QaPb9XSLjGRhry5L    |
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: