Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:04:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:46:25 AM

Hey, guys, I suppose I should tell you you're way off topic like happens to me.

But it's really interesting, so I'm not going to! Smiley
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:05:20 PM

I'm looking forward to your review of the machine! I got mine hashing, it seems it was a faulty USB cable that I was using. I actually pulled the machine apart so there is ample air flow around the bitfury boards. It hashes much quieter, much cooler, much more steady and with much less electricity than my 80gh Avalon Gen2.
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:44:40 PM

At this point i wish i had never heard of bitcoins. I will leave it at that.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 05:07:00 PM

I'm looking forward to your review of the machine! I got mine hashing, it seems it was a faulty USB cable that I was using. I actually pulled the machine apart so there is ample air flow around the bitfury boards. It hashes much quieter, much cooler, much more steady and with much less electricity than my 80gh Avalon Gen2.

Maybe AMT should give an option not to include the closed case and have an open one instead!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
swiftshoot

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 05:40:41 PM

My thesis is that the price is going to plateau.

28nm is already near the limit.  Moving to 28nm to 20nm might get you like a 25% increase, but not an order of magnitude like going from 55nm to 28nm.   AMD GPU for example, the latest generation is like 25% better than the previous.

We are also reaching the limit in power for these machines.  If I heard right, the Neptune requires power beyond what residential circuits can handle.

Then you have the cost os the power supplies (which you neglect),  these aren't getting cheaper.  As you go higher and demand greater efficiencies, they just get more expensive.

So I doubt you'll see folks lowering their prices a lot.  In fact you are seeing this now,  nobody wants to lower their price to match Cointerra.   

It is $3 per GHs now for Cointerra,  possibly worse case we are seeing $2 per GHs long term.   

Look at GPU from AMD,  they've remained relatively constant with barely any improvement in technology in the past 3 years.   A 5990 board performs just as well as a R9 290x (2 generations later).

You are wrong Smiley

Comparisons with GPU's are invalid. People dont buy $500 GPU's because they are profitable (miners aside, but they are a tiny minority). Nor do they stop buying GPU's because they no longer "profitable", so prices and margins are mostly determined by the competition. This is 100% different with bitcoin asics. The first asics could be sold their weight in pure gold, literally (the chips), because they were operationally immensely profitable. Even today bitcoin asics generate FAR more in mining revenue than they cost to operate (ie, electricity/hosting costs). WHich is why you see insane high marginal profits. Thats not going to last.

Price per GH will roughly follow price per bitcon / difficulty until you approach marginal cost. Assuming the price of bitcoin doesnt explode next year like it did in the past year, the cost of these asics will collapse just as fast as difficulty goes up. No one will want to pay $3 per GH if difficulty is 50B and estimated break even on the purchase is measured in decades rather than months. So vendors wil have a choice: reduce prices or hardly sell anything at all. Considering right now, these asics command a gross margin thats in the region of 10000%, which do you think is most likely? That they will stop selling, or sell for "only" 5000% margin, until one day, "only" 100% margin? Keep in mind even intel doesnt get 100% gross margins on average. Older bitcoin asics like avalon can already be bought for $5 per chip. These chips are not that much cheaper to produce than 28nm ones.  You will be able to buy coincraft A1"s for that price this year.

To toss in another bone into the mix, when Scrypt FPGA/ASICs come into play, the first owners will gain major advantage in gathering a shit load of short term coins.  This will put a nail into the GPU Mining coffin and make GPUs plummet in price.  Then, we will see difficulties shooting up everywhere, pricing for coins will drop cause of the huge influx of coins (and later rebound as we have seen in the past) and GPUs will no longer be dominate.  AMD Needs to either create their own Scrypt coin miner or will now need to start improving their hardware to support more features.

The only peeve I have with GPU companies are their cheap ass use of sub-quality fans that die out after 6 months.  When someone puts down 300$+ on a video card, the FAN of Choice should be a Maglev Fan, Period.

Build your own Cloud Miner! https://cex.io/r/1/swiftshoot/0/
to Make your BTC Mine for you. 3% referral bonus if you sign up others... please use my referral code if you want to join. You can also redeem your hardware after you get enough GHS.
btc:
ltc:
other altcoins: send me PM for address.
swiftshoot

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 05:42:00 PM

Well to my surprise, I got in touch with AMT via the phone today... I guess they were on holidays for the past 2 weeks.
Was told he would email me the shipping updates shortly.
More + for AMT as a real company...

Build your own Cloud Miner! https://cex.io/r/1/swiftshoot/0/
to Make your BTC Mine for you. 3% referral bonus if you sign up others... please use my referral code if you want to join. You can also redeem your hardware after you get enough GHS.
btc:
ltc:
other altcoins: send me PM for address.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:37:59 PM

Why the images you published were erased?
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:47:29 PM

We've shipped like 40+ miners over the last few weeks.

Did everyone participating or reading this board received any machine from AMT after the above statement (except by the last two customers which provided the images)?
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:23:36 PM

To toss in another bone into the mix, when Scrypt FPGA/ASICs come into play,

Im yet to be convinced "alpha technologies" is for real, but even if they are, or someone else takes this on, the benefit over a GPU will be relatively marginal, both in price and power efficiency The problem with scrypt is that it requires massive IO speed and a decent amount of ram. GPU's (and FPGA') excel in IO speed, and a good memory controller is  one of the most difficulty things to design;  there is no hope a scrypt asic will do that better. They could be a bit more space and power efficient because they dont need all the functionality a modern GPU offers, but Im not very optimistic "amateurs" will be able to design an asic that is substantially better than AMD/nVidia GPU's for scrypt. For sure dont expect the quantum leap SHA asics offered, its not gonna happen. At most it will be comparable to GPU to FGPA transition, in so far we ever made that transition.
pjryan1738

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:49:42 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2014, 09:16:51 PM by pjryan1738

I know many of you may see my account and think I could be some random person from Advanced mining posting in their favor. But here is my story dealing with AMT.

I am new to bit coin and recently have fell in love with it. I did a small experiment mining with my graphics card in my iMac just to see if I would actually mine anything, turns out I actually did. Next thing I began looking into different mining equipment, deciding if Im going to do this to find the fastest hasher I could. I found AMT and their 1.2 TH/s machine, I was ready to go trusting it was a legitimate company then began looking into the details behind the company I became very skeptical and hesitant about wiring $6000 to the company. After reading through this post and doing some research on my own I found AMT is indeed a real company and is just in its beginning. Their products seem to be top of the line and in addition a lot of smart thinking have gone into them from my discussion with their customer service. I must admit at first I was turned off, my friend and I are going in on this machine 50/50 and when he called the sales person was kind of rude to him but it was a friday night and who wants to work on a friday night. I however had a completely different experience when I called in, the individual I spoke to was very nice and we had a great conversation. It really removed a lot of my skepticism but I was still not sure. Following this I remembered the photo of the sign for AMT along with the Mortgage company. I decided to look up the mortgage company and see if they were real, I found it was, and then called them up to see if they had heard of AMT (Since they were supposed to be neighbors) and then see what they had to say about them. TURNS out they ARE REAL, and the individuals opinion said they were nice people.

I feel sorry for the AMT people but I understand why everyone has their doubts. I will see how their miner works when I receive it and let you all know.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:53:33 PM

I know many of you may see my account and think I could be some random person from Advanced mining posting in their favor. But here is my story dealing with AMT.

I am new to bit coin and recently have fell in love with it. I did a small experiment mining with my graphics card in my iMac just to see if I would actually mine anything, turns out I actually did. Next thing I began looking into different mining equipment, deciding if Im going to do this to find the fastest hasher I could. I found AMT and their 1.2 TH/s machine, I was ready to go trusting it was a legitimate company then began looking into the details behind the company I became very skeptical and hesitant about wiring $6000 to the company. After reading through this post and doing some research on my own I found AMT is indeed a real company and is just in its beginning. Their products seem to be top of the line and in addition a lot of smart thinking have gone into them from my discussion with their customer service. I must admit at first I was turned off, my friend and I are going in on this machine 50/50 and when he called the sales person was kind of rude to him but it was a friday night and who wants to work on a friday night. I however had a completely different experience when I called in, the individual I spoke to was very nice and we had a great conversation. It really removed a lot of my skepticism but I was still not sure. Following this I remembered the photo of the sign for AMT along with the Mortgage company. I decided to look up the mortgage company and see if they were real, I found it was, and then called them up to see if they had heard of AMT (Since they were supposed to be neighbors) and then see what they had to say about them. TURNS out they ARE REAL, and the individuals opinion said they were nice people.

I feel sorry for the AMT people but I understand why everyone has their doubts. I will see how their miner works when I receive it and let you all know.

So you ordered and haven't received something yet. Do you know when you will receive it? So far we have a person who went there and picked up a machine, and nothing else? What makes you think they are "real" other than answering the phone and doing something in an office. Too many people still waiting for shipping and answers, and a whole lot of bad habits by the company.
clenell

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:09:59 PM

bitmine has yet to ship their chips. no 1.2TH machines will ship until bitmine decides to send some chips our way. what is delaying bitmine? do they have ulterior motives? they sell miners too and will look after their "direct" clients first? i dont know - just speculation.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
pjryan1738

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:16:04 PM

I just spoke with one of the workers. Apparently they are having a delay in receiving the chips. Its not their fault companies can't deliver the chips fast enough. But he said we would receive our miner around the first week of March 1. I live about 3 hours away and have a friend who lives in lancaster who drove by, said they are real. Having seen my father start a small business there are a lot of cracks to iron out when first starting. Likely this is what they are experiencing. Also, just because people are positing on here saying they are waiting for shipping doesn't mean there isn't another 10 people who have already received their products. Think about it, most people come onto forums to figure out whats wrong, look to bitch about something, or show off what they have. Sure I am taking a bit of a leap of faith, but I have done enough research to make myself believe it will be a great decision.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:39:32 PM

Folks,

To be clear,  there are 2 classes of products AMT is building.

If you bought the non-1.2 THs, then these are based on BitFury,  you should be receiving them withing the 3 weeks delivery time they claim.

For the 1.2 Ths based on Bitmine,  Bitmine just got their chips last week and have yet to ship their own machines,  therefore I do not expect anyone to have received their 1.2THs from AMT.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
clenell

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:43:38 PM

I just spoke with one of the workers. Apparently they are having a delay in receiving the chips. Its not their fault companies can't deliver the chips fast enough. But he said we would receive our miner around the first week of March 1. I live about 3 hours away and have a friend who lives in lancaster who drove by, said they are real. Having seen my father start a small business there are a lot of cracks to iron out when first starting. Likely this is what they are experiencing. Also, just because people are positing on here saying they are waiting for shipping doesn't mean there isn't another 10 people who have already received their products. Think about it, most people come onto forums to figure out whats wrong, look to bitch about something, or show off what they have. Sure I am taking a bit of a leap of faith, but I have done enough research to make myself believe it will be a great decision.

what? they said you wont get your 1.2 until March? i hope you are order #15xx or something close.

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:39:31 PM

I just spoke with one of the workers. Apparently they are having a delay in receiving the chips. Its not their fault companies can't deliver the chips fast enough.

Yes it is, AMT kept making false claims about expecting to receive bitmine chips and being able to ship miners at impossible times longer after Bitmine made public their chips would be late and would not ship before January:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=304605.msg4078302#msg4078302

Bitmine's statement was public, was repeatedly posted here, up to you to believe if AMT somehow "missed the news" and wasnt informed by Bitmine and didnt read posts in this thread or any Bitmine thread; or if they deliberately lied to their customers. Just like they continue to lie about power consumption claims and have been lying about delivery dates since the first day.

Astonishing how people will fork over their hard earned money just because there is a "sign on a building" and someone on the phone is civilized to prospective customers on some hours of the day.   Really? BFL have a sign on their building too, Im sure some of their people can be nice on the phone too at certain hours (at least if you havent ordered anything yet and arent asking about when they will ship or demanding a refund or RMA). Doesnt change the fact their core business is lying and swindling and selling preorders for vaporware.

augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:45:17 PM

I just spoke with one of the workers. Apparently they are having a delay in receiving the chips. Its not their fault companies can't deliver the chips fast enough. But he said we would receive our miner around the first week of March 1.

We currently only sell the 80gh and 128.. the 80 is 2 boards, the 128ghs is 3 boards. We stopped selling the 192 for now, as you can see on the site its "sold out". So you're only two choices are the 80 or the 128 regarding the smaller 3 week shipping miners.

Yes they ship out within 3 weeks of the purchase. We are getting it down to 2 weeks now by the way.

how long time for delivery 1.2 miner? i live in connecticut

4 to 6 Weeks. Our chips come in next week, or at least are due to. Our setup is almost done and we're at final assembly stages of the 1.2th. Please feel free to place your order via the site and contact Sales@advancedminers.com for any questions, this really isnt the place for it.

Yea, yesterday we just hired some pro, a flamboyantly gay photographer named Charles, and he'll do new case shots for us everything else. I know those last shots suck pretty bad.. our go to errand guy (my brother in law) figured a hack off of CL would cutt it and literally dropped the miners off and picked up them up later... If you want something done right you gotta do it yourself right...
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:16:47 PM

At any rate, I ordered a 80gh miner on December 5th. My order number was #888. I paid with BTC. A few days before Christmas I sent an email and Jim replied that I would hear shortly from them that the miner was finished. Sure enough, this week I got an email in my inbox saying that the miner was ready for me to pick it up. I live just outside of NYC, so I took the drive down to Havertown.
Josh was at their small office, he had my miner, and he sat me down and showed me how to connect it and get hashing.

Could you confirm that the 80 GH/s machine in this image...

https://i.imgur.com/s6POSIb.jpg

...is the same 80 GH/s machine in this image?

https://i.imgur.com/xvGtJHO.jpg

I am trying to figure out if both images are from the same machine. It seems the first image do not match any part of the machine in the last image.

By the way, was you who took the shots?

grumpybearsgirl

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:00:32 AM

^^^
YourPalToots

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:05:47 AM

^^^

Here come the tin foil hats again
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: