Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:58:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:58:07 AM

I'm hopeful of getting my miner by the march 31 date that was advertised. I'm not one who is wishy-washy once I've done something I'll see it through. If I see that I'm not going to get my miner shipped I will not hesitate to hop on a plane and get it my self. I've found at least one of tier PCB suppliers or at least where they prototyped a board.

I did call IMET today and spoke with a guy, I think his name was damon. I obviously chose this place as this is where the Geotaged data lead me. He said he's going to pass my message along, but can't guarantee a response back. I figured as much since they would have a contract. He asked my name and who I was from. I explained there are a group of customers who were trying to check the legitimacy of their business, and referenced this forum. I did call kind of late about 7pm their time but someone was manning the phones there at least. I figure if I don't hear back maybe AMT will hear it and know people aren't just resting on their laurels. IMET appears to be a reputable company, you can find them on Facebook as well with actual posts in the last week. Hopefully they designed the PCB as they seem to have a team of engineers, and AMT doesn't seem to be capable of that. 

I also found a list of PCB companies that service eastern PA, AMT stated that their manufacturers are in the tri-state area so that's where I'll limit my search and start making more calls tomorrow, maybe Thursday as I have a few VA appointments tomorrow. All I know is I have PTSD and I don't like to be fucked with, and if these don't ship it's the financial equivalent of trying to bend me over. Ha I'd love to show up en mass demanding the miners.

I'd honestly be happy if they shipped me the components disassembled, I'd probably have it up and working faster.

Hopefully we'll get some video of their operation here soon.

Mr. Merry I was thinking about doing something similar here in phoenix where I would help people get their wallets set up, and sell bitcoin locally out of a storefront. And use the back of the area to house my miners.
I would just have to look into laws here in Arizona, but I'd love to see something like that as a franchised business. Feel free to message me perhaps we could bounce ideas off of each other.   

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:41:27 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 07:14:08 AM by loshia

Rik,

A lot more is needed to make 1.2T miner. A few PCB manufactures around is not enough. Let me remind you that in AMT famous history of their top engineering team was to assemble Technobit bitfury boards in a box Grin That sounds easy right? Every forum member here will do it better then them without being an engineer at all Grin

In order to make 1.2 Miners you need
1. Full PCB schematics + gerbers + BOM + working FW for both PCB CPU (if needed/present) and host - tplink, PC,  Pi or whatever
2. Deep knowledge how electronics works + a lot soldering experience and some brain in your head in a first place. You do not need to be an engineer for that Wink. I can tell you that almost every populated PCB board needs personal attention/touch to bring it to life. A soft touch from someone who knows what to look for, who can see bad contacts and so on and on. And for sure AMT do not have such a person around Grin
In present i think that AMT do have some sort of design which is not theirs for sure. Is it working? No one knows except them. Let us say that design they have works. If they do it in US style just to order fully populated PCB it will be big disaster  Grin Grin Grin for sure because of the above reasons Grin Grin Grin
The only thing left for them is to lie and "buy" more and more time from you customers, while begging their design supplier to populate and send them tested and working boards. Because the only thing that they can do as far as we know from their famous company history is to put them in a box Grin Grin Grin
But every other company capable to do such thing will:
1. Ask for money Grin The amount will be bigger compared to MOST expensive PCB factory offer, just because additional human touch is needed as explained above. In short lack of brain costs a lot. And when you are in a hurry it costs twice more at least Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
2. Service their own production in first place and do retail business more profitable or just to mine with their own (NOT AMT)  PCB's + chips again more profitable.

So i guess they have a lot of chips collecting dust and losing 20% of their value every 10 days just because their top engineering team can hold a screw driver only Grin Grin Grin Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
rik_khaos

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:24:28 AM

I'm aware that it's not a box, PCBs, chips all mashed together with duct tape.

I'm attempting to hunt down their vendors in order to see if they are even attempting to make production happen.

Now I don't know if they are also assembling them "in house" or if they are getting a more capable entity to do that for them. That's what I'm wondering.

It does them squat to have components and not ship, as that is a big investment of their money. At least considering that by the time I ordered they had chips in hand based on the GPS evidence.

I'm just waiting to see what comes of it all. If I get a product in the time frame I  ordered it for great but I have 1 month plus a few days in that time frame. I'll be keeping an eye here to see if anyone receives tracking numbers before I head in and check it out my self.

If I can get a bead in on any other vendors they might be using for production I'll be making similar calls.

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:35:23 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 07:45:30 AM by loshia

I'm attempting to hunt down their vendors in order to see if they are even attempting to make production happen.

Now I don't know if they are also assembling them "in house" or if they are getting a more capable entity to do that for them. That's what I'm wondering.

It does them squat to have components and not ship, as that is a big investment of their money. At least considering that by the time I ordered they had chips in hand based on the GPS evidence.

I'm just waiting to see what comes of it all. If I get a product in the time frame I  ordered it for great but I have 1 month plus a few days in that time frame. I'll be keeping an eye here to see if anyone receives tracking numbers before I head in and check it out my self.

If I can get a bead in on any other vendors they might be using for production I'll be making similar calls.
Dude,
Hunt down their brain capacity first. This is the only thing that matters. You can not measure it by GPS, pics, vendors  and shit. You are the one to judge.
Just my 2 cents Wink
Let me tell you that i have 20 Technobit bitfury boards working from they one nonstop without a glitch. which means that their vendor is a class with reliable product. Just a small amount of MELTED duct tape (BRAINLESS ACTION) makes a difference between rock stable product and a shit in your hands. I am wandering what other shit will they do if they reach screw driver point at all Grin Grin Grin Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:42:50 AM

I'm just waiting to see what comes of it all. If I get a product in the time frame I  ordered it for great but I have 1 month plus a few days in that time frame. I'll be keeping an eye here to see if anyone receives tracking numbers before I head in and check it out my self.

Dude,
Hunt down their brain capacity first. This is the only thing that matters. You can not measure it by GPS, pics and shit. You are the one to judge.
Just my 2 cents Wink

I was out of the electronics loop for a long time. 20 odd years ago I could work miracles with a soldering iron. But I don't know jack about SMT and the like, so I can't judge. But Jim at AMT seems to be the right guy for that sort of thing. This isn't a defense of their business practices, just an observation. He's a bright guy, but I haven't the modern knowledge to know HOW bright. If they really are designing their own, He is who I would think is doing it.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:47:51 AM

I'm just waiting to see what comes of it all. If I get a product in the time frame I  ordered it for great but I have 1 month plus a few days in that time frame. I'll be keeping an eye here to see if anyone receives tracking numbers before I head in and check it out my self.

Dude,
Hunt down their brain capacity first. This is the only thing that matters. You can not measure it by GPS, pics and shit. You are the one to judge.
Just my 2 cents Wink

I was out of the electronics loop for a long time. 20 odd years ago I could work miracles with a soldering iron. But I don't know jack about SMT and the like, so I can't judge. But Jim at AMT seems to be the right guy for that sort of thing. This isn't a defense of their business practices, just an observation. He's a bright guy, but I haven't the modern knowledge to know HOW bright. If they really are designing their own, He is who I would think is doing it.
Jim Grin You are joking right?
Any way i am not arguing with you. He is a bright guy for sure the brightest one using duck tape (my post was edited before your quote)

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:01:51 AM

Dude,
Just my 2 cents Wink

Any way i am not arguing with you. He is a bright guy for sure the brightest one using duck tape (my post was edited before your quote)

I hope not. Frankly I'd like to wash my hands of this whole debacle, but I'd also like to see everyone made whole.

As for the duct tape...

I'm a redneck intellectual. Don't be disrespecting duct tape! There are three essential items in every tool box. Duct tape, WD-40, and JB weld.

If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40.
If it moves, shouldn't, and needs to be solid, use JBWeld!

...don't shoot, I think we all need a little humour at this juncture.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:22:42 AM

Dude,
Just my 2 cents Wink

I hope not. Frankly I'd like to wash my hands of this whole debacle, but I'd also like to see everyone made whole.

As for the duct tape...

I'm a redneck intellectual. Don't be disrespecting duct tape! There are three essential items in every tool box. Duct tape, WD-40, and JB weld.

And when it melts on top of your PCB what do you need?
Any way i am not arguing with you. I am only saying that JIM and co do not have a clue what they are doing that is all. They are completely out of space. I offered a bet some time ago and no one took it. Now i am offering you and all interested parties 10BTC bet that the are going to use some other company PCB design?
Are you taking it?
I guess NO

silver71

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

no avatar for now

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 08:25:58 AM

The following members are due up this week. Others should have been shipped. If you have received any miners or information, please let me know so that I can update the grid. I've reached out to the members whose orders were supposed to be shipped already. So far, I have received word from user Stan-O that his order #928 80Ghs unit has been received.

Thx

UsernameOrder #Date OrderedModel #QuantityShipping date promisedReceived Y/N
.................................................................................................................................................
NaranKPatel51510.12.20131.21Feb 24,25, 26N
NaranKPatel51910.15.20131.21Feb 24,25, 26N
wtiger12752110.14.20131.21Feb 24,25, 26N
russellthies54110.23.20131.21Feb 24,25, 26N
clenell61011.11.20131.21Feb 26,27, 28N
rzrminer64011.12.20131.21Feb 26,27, 28N
cowpiboy66611.14.20135201Feb 26,27, 28?
cowpiboy67111.15.2013??Feb 26,27, 28order cancelled
cowpiboy67211.15.20135201Feb 26,27, 28?
captin crunch67611.15.20131.21Feb 26,27, 28N
cicask8ers686?1.21Feb 26,27, 28N
? ? ? ? ? ? ?69911.16.20131.21Feb 26,27, 28N - friend of captin crunch

I can confirm my PM's with Toots. I received my 80GH miner about 7 weeks after i ordered it.  Order Dec 9, received Jan 27.  .  definitly not the 3-4 weeks i was promised.  but i got it.  my order # was 928

i have pics.  it's currently set up in the optimal cooling configuration. the way i received it, only 1 board hashed at a time.  they forgot a USB cable, and i had to add one of my own.  the tplink controller needs 1 usb for its power and the other USB now goes to the USB hub, and not to one of the boards.  USB cables now go from each technobit hex16b board (there are 2 of these) to the USB hub.

1 board has a bad chip, and i jsut havent sent it back because i woudl lose mining time.  it still gets about 41-43GH.  the good board gets about 43-45gh.  so about 84-88GH total.   almost always mines above stated rating.  

https://i.imgur.com/eK8jwTb.png   tplink controller  -  yes, this is how it came.  minus the correct cabling

https://i.imgur.com/hl8jzLT.jpg    unit before i "fixed it"  1 board hashing, 1 doing nothing.

http://imgur.com/qBtHCUD  both boards hashing

http://imgur.com/iWKdqxL    all the guts hanging out, 1 board hashing, 1 sitting.

i had a blown board from the 1 board hashing at time issue witht he USB configuration, and with ZERO documentation, and default of 1V on windows hexminer software, the power supply chip on one of the boards blew.  It was PROMPTLY replaced, within 1 week.  i was impressed with the turn around time on the board replacement.

i've been mining Unobtanium, Betacoin and 21coin, since mining BTC directly wouldnt get me squat.  so far i calculate it has returned maybe $300 of the $1500 i spent on it, and that was due to a lucky spike in UNO.

if you have any questions, PM me.  i'm a real dude, with a real miner.  i have more pics somewhere.  lol

Have you try to oveclock the boards ?

Be careful, since molex connectors tent to melt, since they are not intended to endure high currents. That's what Phoenix conenctors are intended for, but not used in bulgarian board seen here (at least this version).

But it at least works nominally, but for how long ?

smart solutions from Tesla's home country...
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:31:12 AM

The following members are due up this week. Others should have been shipped. If you have received any miners or information, please let me know so that I can update the grid. I've reached out to the members whose orders were supposed to be shipped already. So far, I have received word from user Stan-O that his order #928 80Ghs unit has been received.

Thx

UsernameOrder #Date OrderedModel #QuantityShipping date promisedReceived Y/N
.................................................................................................................................................
NaranKPatel51510.12.20131.21Feb 24,25, 26N
NaranKPatel51910.15.20131.21Feb 24,25, 26N
wtiger12752110.14.20131.21Feb 24,25, 26N
russellthies54110.23.20131.21Feb 24,25, 26N
clenell61011.11.20131.21Feb 26,27, 28N
rzrminer64011.12.20131.21Feb 26,27, 28N
cowpiboy66611.14.20135201Feb 26,27, 28?
cowpiboy67111.15.2013??Feb 26,27, 28order cancelled
cowpiboy67211.15.20135201Feb 26,27, 28?
captin crunch67611.15.20131.21Feb 26,27, 28N
cicask8ers686?1.21Feb 26,27, 28N
? ? ? ? ? ? ?69911.16.20131.21Feb 26,27, 28N - friend of captin crunch

I can confirm my PM's with Toots. I received my 80GH miner about 7 weeks after i ordered it.  Order Dec 9, received Jan 27.  .  definitly not the 3-4 weeks i was promised.  but i got it.  my order # was 928

i have pics.  it's currently set up in the optimal cooling configuration. the way i received it, only 1 board hashed at a time.  they forgot a USB cable, and i had to add one of my own.  the tplink controller needs 1 usb for its power and the other USB now goes to the USB hub, and not to one of the boards.  USB cables now go from each technobit hex16b board (there are 2 of these) to the USB hub.

1 board has a bad chip, and i jsut havent sent it back because i woudl lose mining time.  it still gets about 41-43GH.  the good board gets about 43-45gh.  so about 84-88GH total.   almost always mines above stated rating.  

https://i.imgur.com/eK8jwTb.png   tplink controller  -  yes, this is how it came.  minus the correct cabling

https://i.imgur.com/hl8jzLT.jpg    unit before i "fixed it"  1 board hashing, 1 doing nothing.

http://imgur.com/qBtHCUD  both boards hashing

http://imgur.com/iWKdqxL    all the guts hanging out, 1 board hashing, 1 sitting.

i had a blown board from the 1 board hashing at time issue witht he USB configuration, and with ZERO documentation, and default of 1V on windows hexminer software, the power supply chip on one of the boards blew.  It was PROMPTLY replaced, within 1 week.  i was impressed with the turn around time on the board replacement.

i've been mining Unobtanium, Betacoin and 21coin, since mining BTC directly wouldnt get me squat.  so far i calculate it has returned maybe $300 of the $1500 i spent on it, and that was due to a lucky spike in UNO.

if you have any questions, PM me.  i'm a real dude, with a real miner.  i have more pics somewhere.  lol

Have you try to oveclock the boards ?

Be careful, since molex connectors tent to melt, since they are not intended to endure high currents. That's what Phoenix conenctors are intended for, but not used in bulgarian board seen here (at least this version).

But it at least works nominally, but for how long ?
Do you know how much current Technobit bitfury board is using overclocked?
I guess not. But you can get 5Amps max. All my molexes to Bitfury boards are hand made 1.5mm cooper wire + pins soldered

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:42:00 AM

Dude,
Just my 2 cents Wink

As for the duct tape...

And when it melts on top of your PCB what do you need?
Any way i am not arguing with you. I am only saying that JIM and co do not have a clue what they are doing that is all. They are completely out of space. I offered a bet some time ago and no one took it. Now i am offering you and all interested parties 10BTC bet that the are going to use some other company PCB design?
Are you taking it?
I guess NO

Oh, hell no. I'm a good gambler. I don't have 10btc to lose, and if I did I'd rather play poker! I didn't say he COULD do it, I just said he's the only one that might be able to.

Oh, Duct tape. It'll pull the residue off. Cheesy
rik_khaos

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:59:47 AM

Dude,
Hunt down their brain capacity first. This is the only thing that matters. You can not measure it by GPS, pics, vendors  and shit. You are the one to judge.
Just my 2 cents Wink
Let me tell you that i have 20 Technobit bitfury boards working from they one nonstop without a glitch. which means that their vendor is a class with reliable product. Just a small amount of MELTED duct tape (BRAINLESS ACTION) makes a difference between rock stable product and a shit in your hands. I am wandering what other shit will they do if they reach screw driver point at all Grin Grin Grin Grin

I can only hunt down the things that exist.

They've shown themselves to be lacking in common sense. I'm assuming there is someone running the ship with at least a half a brain or they would have never sparked the idea. Or they would have had the idea to take peoples money and not even bother ordering product.

So far as I can tell they mostly seem in way over their heads, and are scrambling.

I mean at this point they have had chips for about 24 days, and possibly a prototyped board for about 6. I'm wondering if they'd just ignore me if I bothered to bring all the information to light in an e-mail.

I'm assuming they make a habit of checking up on this thread.

I'm hoping they had one of their vendors design and tested the board as that would strike me as more reliable than what they've currently shown.

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:18:13 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 11:30:05 AM by loshia

Rik.
I do not mean to offend anybody but "the half brain" as you call it is enough to collect money. It turns out that one need "full brain" to make a real miner. In the past i said that BFL is just a money collector and proxy "between so called engineers" and their customers. I start to believe that AMT are same. A lot more is needed to ship 1.2T miner at the end. Being a good manager/lair means nothing - or just the "half brain thing"
PS: On a second thought Sony knows his shit and i have not heard of any court case won against bfl so i can tell they are "full brain company"
However only time will tell if AMT will evolve to FULL BRAIN also Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

rik_khaos

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:41:00 AM

A company like this needs more than just one brain.

I'm just hoping they are renting out the other brains from their vendors. That would just leave amt with putting all in the pretty box. They are most certainly middlemen. I mean that was obvious from bitfury chips with the technobit boards. I don't expect more of that from them. They are quite obviously assemblers and not makers. I just expect them to assemble them quickly enough that I get mine by march 31st.

All the intellectual work is being done elsewhere, and I'm fine with that. I'm hoping that since they have the chips everything is in place when my miner comes due. Though that is cautious optimism with paleful of skepticism.

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:48:22 AM

A company like this needs more than just one brain.

I'm just hoping they are renting out the other brains from their vendors. That would just leave amt with putting all in the pretty box. They are most certainly middlemen. I mean that was obvious from bitfury chips with the technobit boards. I don't expect more of that from them. They are quite obviously assemblers and not makers. I just expect them to assemble them quickly enough that I get mine by march 31st.

All the intellectual work is being done elsewhere, and I'm fine with that. I'm hoping that since they have the chips everything is in place when my miner comes due. Though that is cautious optimism with paleful of skepticism.
Good luck to you dude...As long you accepted 31st of march delivery and you are fine with that and the price also the only thing left for them to be on time

rik_khaos

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:22:55 PM

Yeah, I've done my part. I was agreed o those terms from the start.

But I have a little extra for more so I might look at bitmain

mellorbo

Activity: 620

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:45:49 PM

has anybody else been fobbed off with e.mails saying that your miner has been shipped?
i received one from them on the 17th of feb stating that my miner would ship in the next week,
since then i have had no e.mails with a tracking number no reply's to my e.mails i sent.
a 2 year old kid gives more communication than AMT.
all prospective buyers please be aware of this
when you contact them to buy a miner i received quick reply's but as soon as my money was in their hands its like i dont matter anymore
it needs sorting quick AMT
rik_khaos

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:49:36 PM

has anybody else been fobbed off with e.mails saying that your miner has been shipped?
i received one from them on the 17th of feb stating that my miner would ship in the next week,
since then i have had no e.mails with a tracking number no reply's to my e.mails i sent.
a 2 year old kid gives more communication than AMT.
all prospective buyers please be aware of this
when you contact them to buy a miner i received quick reply's but as soon as my money was in their hands its like i dont matter anymore
it needs sorting quick AMT

communication is not their strong suit, that being said at least you got one saying you stuff is shipping soon. Whether or not it's BS remains to be seen. But if it shows up at your house one day besure to pop back on and let us know.

mellorbo

Activity: 620

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:25:55 PM

I have tried to remain positive as long as I can, but I have grown extremely annoyed and upset.
I have order #847.
I placed this order on December 3.
At first, I was told I would receive my shipment by the end of January.
Then I was told I would receive it the third week of February.
Then I was told it would ship today.
I looked on the updated order list that someone was cool enough to make...
And it says March 5th - 7th; a full week from now.

Just an update, I have no other income and I put money into AMT products and had plenty left over. In the time it has taken to get my miner (which is still not here), I have used up all the money in my checking, burned through all the money in my savings a month ago. Since then, I have lived off my fiance's income for a month (which I still have to pay her back), borrowed from her parents just to make rent, and borrowed from my parents just to pay bills. I feel sufficiently ashamed and humiliated and I just want my money back. My next month's rent and bills are due in less than a week, and I either need my miner like today, or I want a refund. Please if anyone knows how to get a refund, or figure out if my miner has shipped or will ship in a day or two, I would appreciate some insight as to how. I have sustained enough losses so far, and the money I would have made mining is nearly impossible now. I will need the money to get my life back together, and I  am honestly thinking that I will hold off on my own wedding because I clearly need to learn to make better decisions before they start to affect anyone else. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

i feel for ya man im in a similar situation alltho i have a small regular income its not much and i also put the last of my bitcoin into this miner so i hope it at least makes a roi of 5.1 btc (520gh miner) as long as it makes roi in 3-4 month ill be happy.... i hope things look up for you soon
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:39:56 PM

Rik,

A lot more is needed to make 1.2T miner. A few PCB manufactures around is not enough. Let me remind you that in AMT famous history of their top engineering team was to assemble Technobit bitfury boards in a box Grin That sounds easy right? Every forum member here will do it better then them without being an engineer at all Grin

In order to make 1.2 Miners you need
1. Full PCB schematics + gerbers + BOM + working FW for both PCB CPU (if needed/present) and host - tplink, PC,  Pi or whatever
2. Deep knowledge how electronics works + a lot soldering experience and some brain in your head in a first place. You do not need to be an engineer for that Wink. I can tell you that almost every populated PCB board needs personal attention/touch to bring it to life. A soft touch from someone who knows what to look for, who can see bad contacts and so on and on. And for sure AMT do not have such a person around Grin
In present i think that AMT do have some sort of design which is not theirs for sure. Is it working? No one knows except them. Let us say that design they have works. If they do it in US style just to order fully populated PCB it will be big disaster  Grin Grin Grin for sure because of the above reasons Grin Grin Grin
The only thing left for them is to lie and "buy" more and more time from you customers, while begging their design supplier to populate and send them tested and working boards. Because the only thing that they can do as far as we know from their famous company history is to put them in a box Grin Grin Grin
But every other company capable to do such thing will:
1. Ask for money Grin The amount will be bigger compared to MOST expensive PCB factory offer, just because additional human touch is needed as explained above. In short lack of brain costs a lot. And when you are in a hurry it costs twice more at least Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
2. Service their own production in first place and do retail business more profitable or just to mine with their own (NOT AMT)  PCB's + chips again more profitable.

So i guess they have a lot of chips collecting dust and losing 20% of their value every 10 days just because their top engineering team can hold a screw driver only Grin Grin Grin Grin

i am not a tech guy. If AMT would just be open about any issues/delays a lot of angry comments need not have been said. I could completely understand the technical delays after reading all that. This also begs the question when did AMT realize they had this much work to do even after getting the chips? AMT made it sound like everything was ready to go all they had to do was insert chip and go. This turned out to be false, as well. There really is no communicating with AMT. It's impossible. What made these guys think they could start a business is beyond me. Whats so hard to understand is that Jim was so easy to speak to. He seemed like a real guy, intelligent and genuinely interested in customer service. Wow, I could not have been more wrong!

I might add I got a relatively long email from Josh 2 days ago. He This was my first dealing with him. he struck me as level headed and someone I could work with. we shall see.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: