Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:16:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:43:31 PM

I'm aware that it's not a box, PCBs, chips all mashed together with duct tape.

I'm attempting to hunt down their vendors in order to see if they are even attempting to make production happen.

Now I don't know if they are also assembling them "in house" or if they are getting a more capable entity to do that for them. That's what I'm wondering.

It does them squat to have components and not ship, as that is a big investment of their money. At least considering that by the time I ordered they had chips in hand based on the GPS evidence.

I'm just waiting to see what comes of it all. If I get a product in the time frame I  ordered it for great but I have 1 month plus a few days in that time frame. I'll be keeping an eye here to see if anyone receives tracking numbers before I head in and check it out my self.

If I can get a bead in on any other vendors they might be using for production I'll be making similar calls.
Dude,
Hunt down their brain capacity first. This is the only thing that matters. You can not measure it by GPS, pics and shit. You are the one to judge.
Just my 2 cents Wink

I was out of the electronics loop for a long time. 20 odd years ago I could work miracles with a soldering iron. But I don't know jack about SMT and the like, so I can't judge. But Jim at AMT seems to be the right guy for that sort of thing. This isn't a defense of their business practices, just an observation. He's a bright guy, but I haven't the modern knowledge to know HOW bright. If they really are designing their own, He is who I would think is doing it.
Jim Grin You are joking right?
Any way i am not arguing with you. He is a bright guy for sure the brightest one using duck tape (my post was edited before your quote)

I hope not. Frankly I'd like to wash my hands of this whole debacle, but I'd also like to see everyone made whole.

As for the duct tape...

I'm a redneck intellectual. Don't be disrespecting duct tape! There are three essential items in every tool box. Duct tape, WD-40, and JB weld.

If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40.
If it moves, shouldn't, and needs to be solid, use JBWeld!

...don't shoot, I think we all need a little humour at this juncture.

lol

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
clenell

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:58:12 PM

I have tried to remain positive as long as I can, but I have grown extremely annoyed and upset.
I have order #847.
I placed this order on December 3.
At first, I was told I would receive my shipment by the end of January.
Then I was told I would receive it the third week of February.
Then I was told it would ship today.
I looked on the updated order list that someone was cool enough to make...
And it says March 5th - 7th; a full week from now.

Just an update, I have no other income and I put money into AMT products and had plenty left over. In the time it has taken to get my miner (which is still not here), I have used up all the money in my checking, burned through all the money in my savings a month ago. Since then, I have lived off my fiance's income for a month (which I still have to pay her back), borrowed from her parents just to make rent, and borrowed from my parents just to pay bills. I feel sufficiently ashamed and humiliated and I just want my money back. My next month's rent and bills are due in less than a week, and I either need my miner like today, or I want a refund. Please if anyone knows how to get a refund, or figure out if my miner has shipped or will ship in a day or two, I would appreciate some insight as to how. I have sustained enough losses so far, and the money I would have made mining is nearly impossible now. I will need the money to get my life back together, and I  am honestly thinking that I will hold off on my own wedding because I clearly need to learn to make better decisions before they start to affect anyone else. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

man, i feel for you. i wish i had a solution to give. i would tell you to call their office but i guess you have all ready tried that? you could try and "sell" your presale but i would have to make the assumption you are actually going to get a miner. AMT is slowly looking to be the next BFL.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:58:47 PM

I have used up all the money in my checking...
burned through all the money in my savings...
I have lived off my fiance's income for a month...
borrowed from her parents just to make rent...
borrowed from my parents just to pay bills...

next month's rent and bills are due in less than a week

I have sustained enough losses so far, and the money I would have made mining is nearly impossible now.

I will need the money to get my life back together, and I  am honestly thinking that I will hold off on my own wedding because I clearly need to learn to make better decisions before they start to affect anyone else.

I agree with "I clearly need to learn to make better decisions"...

So.... how exactly were you going to pay for power and rent and food... if the miners were delivered a month ago? You would still have burned through all that, and more... and even more, until you broke-even...

If she marries you... she is getting scammed... by you. You just admitted you are a freeloader with real poor judgement and absolutely no ability to make economical decisions. Might want to move back home, until you can afford to live alone... You can't afford you... you can't afford her... you can't afford to operate a miner... you surely can't afford an accidental kid (or the birth-control that would prevent that from happening)... and you DEMAND sympathy from us, in addition to AMT, for your poor judgement.

Sorry... Can't find it in my soul to contribute to a professed lost cause. (Hey I am bankrupt, owe everyone, can't handle money, can you lend me a dollar and correct my errors for me, I have better things to do, like find others to loaf off-of... There are still a few more relatives in my family.)

Sounds like your miner is already owed to your parents, and your GF's parents, and your landlord. Might want to give it to them. They obviously have money, and know how to manage it. Well, maybe not, if they loaned you some.

You are either a liar, or all of the above is true... In any event, "I" have no sympathy for you. So your plea for "me"/"us" to help you is falling on deaf ears here. Only replying, since you asked for "us" to help.

I will offer this free tip/help... Stop buying crap you can't afford, and stop leeching off others. Let the girl go... You will just drag her down with you.

Best way for "us" to truly help you, is by NOT helping you. Since your idea of help is "us do it for you".
clenell

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:00:35 PM

I have sustained enough losses so far, and the money I would have made mining is nearly impossible now.

I will need the money to get my life back together, and I  am honestly thinking that I will hold off on my own wedding because I clearly need to learn to make better decisions before they start to affect anyone else.

So.... how exactly were you going to pay for power and rent and food... if the miners were delivered a month ago? You would still have burned through all that, and more... and even more, until you broke-even...

If she marries you... she is getting scammed... by you. You just admitted you are a freeloader with real poor judgement and absolutely no ability to make economical decisions. Might want to move back home, until you can afford to live alone... You can't afford you... you can't afford her... you can't afford to operate a miner... you surely can't afford an accidental kid (or the birth-control that would prevent that from happening)... and you DEMAND sympathy from us, in addition to AMT, for your poor judgement.

Sorry... Can't find it in my soul to contribute to a professed lost cause. (Hey I am bankrupt, owe everyone, can't handle money, can you lend me a dollar and correct my errors for me, I have better things to do, like find others to loaf off-of... There are still a few more relatives in my family.)

Sounds like your miner is already owed to your parents, and your GF's parents, and your landlord. Might want to give it to them. They obviously have money, and know how to manage it. Well, maybe not, if they loaned you some.

You are either a liar, or all of the above is true... In any event, "I" have no sympathy for you. So your plea for "me"/"us" to help you is falling on deaf ears here. Only replying, since you asked for "us" to help.

I will offer this free tip/help... Stop buying crap you can't afford, and stop leeching off others. Let the girl go... You will just drag her down with you.

wow... douche bag of the month comment there.

ISAWHIM

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:05:27 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 02:29:43 PM by ISAWHIM

I am a douche because I don't like liars and leeches and people who place others in harms way.. Then I am a douche...

He had a choice to pay rent, or buy a miner... he bought a miner... and is now (and I am sure he did this before buying the miner), draining everyone of their hard earned money. Or it is all a lie, and still, scum.

He is the one presenting the facts/lies, not me.

Help him clenell... (You wouldn't. Well OK then.. I thought as much)

Mind you... he already got his 80GHs miner... so he purchased TWO miners and is falling behind in rent, food, electric yadda yadda yadda... (Obviously this, his debts, were a pre-existing condition, to any purchase he made... or lies)

I'll help... since you are destitute... I'll give your landlord $1000 for your order, so you can pay rent. I'll mine with it, and give your parents, your gf, and her parents $2000 later, in addition to the $1000 paid in cash, to your landlord. If you want, I'll take the 80GHs one you already have in your possesion, for another $300 cash, directly to you, as a bonus. With another $600 mining bonus to the other you owe. That is $3900 total...
mellorbo

Activity: 620

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:27:25 PM

I am a douche because I don't like liars and leeches and people who place others in harms way.. Then I am a douche...

He had a choice to pay rent, or buy a miner... he bought a miner... and is now (and I am sure he did this before buying the miner), draining everyone of their hard earned money. Or it is all a lie, and still, scum.

Mind you... he already got his 80GHs miner... so he purchased TWO miners and is falling behind in rent, food, electric yadda yadda yadda... (Obviously this, his debts, was a pre-existing condition, to any purchase... or lies)

I'll help... since you are destitute... I'll give you $1000 for your order, so you can pay rent. I'll mine with it, and give you $2000 later, in addition to the $1000 cash.

dude be fair man everybody makes mistakes he said and i quote "Just an update, I have no other income and I put money into AMT products and had plenty left over. In the time it has taken to get my miner (which is still not here), I have used up all the money in my checking, burned through all the money in my savings a month ago."

he had plenty of money left over but has used it all.. if we all could see the future then we all would know whats round the corner. you cant honestly tell me you have NEVER bought something then hit a unexpected shortfall shortly after
people expect things to be delivered on time around the date they have been promised
sometimes a little compassion is needed and imo you show none so to me you are scum

clenell

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:30:58 PM

Mind you... he already got his 80GHs miner... so he purchased TWO miners and is falling behind in rent, food, electric yadda yadda yadda... (Obviously this, his debts, was a pre-existing condition, to any purchase... or lies)

I'll help... since you are destitute... I'll give your landlord $1000 for your order, so you can pay rent. I'll mine with it, and give your parents, your gf, and her parents $2000 later, in addition to the $1000 paid in cash, to your landlord. If you want, I'll take the 80GHs one you already have in your possesion, for another $300 cash, directly to you, as a bonus. With another $600 mining bonus to the other you owe.

why are you so convinced hes lieing? just because this is an AMT thread doesn't mean everyone in it is a liar. relax man and chill the fuck out. he wasn't asking for money from anyone. i'm not sure who shit in your bowl of cereal this morning but acting like a curmudgeon when someone has a problem isn't going to make your day any better. So yes... you get the douchebag of the day award - wear it with honor.

ISAWHIM

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:33:46 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 03:45:50 PM by ISAWHIM

Obviously it wasn't plenty...
Obviously he has one already... Hashing away now at 80GHs... (What would 1.2THs give? More debt... He spend $6000, it will not make him $6,000+ in a month, now or back then. If it did, he would still be at $0)
Obviously, having the 1.2THs miner a month earlier would not have mattered, if he is 2-months behind in rent...
Obviously, he ran out WAY before then, and borrowed more money...

Do you know how to do time-lines? (Or just not realize obvious lies?)

Editing timeline... Give me a sec... (Ghetto detective work here, since that is acceptable in the forums it seems.)

C0Kez3R0 (6 posts)
Date Registered:   February 07, 2014, 08:08:08 PM

Order: 847
Item: 80 GH/s (received 1/10)
Item: 1.2TH/s (not received)
Ordered: 12/3/13

FEB 07/13, Registers
DEC 1/13, Rent Due (Sure he borrowed here... I'm gonna buy a money maker! Lend me some money! Look at that price!)
DEC 3/13, Orders miners (Has "enough left over")
JAN 1/14, Rent Due (Borrows money for rent, obviously didn't have enough.) ? rent not paid
JAN 10/14, Gets 80GHs miner
JAN 26/14, Still mining... (Making dollars a day! Paying dollars a day!)
FEB 1/14, Rent due again, Gets $350 electric bill too...  (Borrows more from GF, family) ? Rent not payed
FEB 10/14, Has mined a month with 80GHs (Still borrowing money)
FEB 21/14, (Evicted)... no rent... Huh
FEB 26/14, (Behind month rent, rent almost due again {2-months behind/borrowed}) ? evicted
MAR 1/14, Rent due again, Expecting another $350 electric bill too... (Would be $650 mining with 80GHs and 1.2THs now, if he got it.) ? evicted

Add "Got miner 1.2TH" at JAN 10/14... and rent would still be behind... money would still be borrowed... nothing would have changed, except he would be paying more electric bills.

The machine doesn't just start paying your bills for you once you start mining with it. You have to cash it in, wait for money to come, then spend it. It still will not make enough (immediately), to cover the original cost spent on it, within a month. Even if the value and diff never changed. His rent would still not have been paid, and his electric would have sucked up all gains first, then he would have to break-even, then finally "start to climb out of the hole".

Thus, lies... or truth, and put everyone at risk, for personal gain, inconsiderate of others. (Or dumb... but that would be harsh to say. He did invest in a BTC miner, that was smart! Just with everyone-else's money... which was also smart. But failed him. {Spending rent on a miner is spending your landlords money}, {Borrowing is spending others money}.)

So... White-knight Clenell... help him then... Otherwise your lack of help, only an "Awwweee" of sympathy, makes you as big of a douche as me. Because you know he is full of it, as much as we all do.

He is driving a hummer, holding out a cup, asking for change... because he can't afford the gas for his hummer.

No, reality is.. buyers remorse... (Should not have gotten a hummer) The rest is lies. Sure it sounded good in his head, as he typed it out though... Just doesn't add-up.
clenell

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:38:15 PM

Obviously it wasn't plenty...
Obviously he has one already... Hashing away now at 80GHs... (What would 1.2THs give? More debt... He spend $6000, it will not make him $6,000+ in a month, now or back then. If it did, he would still be at $0)
Obviously, having the 1.2THs miner a month earlier would not have mattered, if he is 2-months behind in rent...
Obviously, he ran out WAY before then, and borrowed more money...

Do you know how to do time-lines? (Or just not realize obvious lies?)

Editing timeline... Give me a sec...

i can't argue with an obvious asshole. let's just stop and agree "you win".

ISAWHIM

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:17:08 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 03:58:13 PM by ISAWHIM

i can't argue with an obvious asshole. let's just stop and agree "you win".

You (clenell), honestly, I can actually sympathize with... I don't agree with you, but I do sympathize with you. Though, only an "Awwweee" from me.. Tongue

Because in one year from now... (If you don't just cash-out your BTC as you earn it.) You will be saying the same things we all say... "Damn, I knew I should have gotten another miner! Look how much I freaking made!"

In a YEAR, not a MONTH. Tongue (Since monthly rent is the topic of his plea above.)

You can argue with me... I don't mind. (I like that about you. Tongue)
I don't win... Not until I have my miner too... (Which is right behind his)
But I won't throw BS to get a refund, or ask for hand-outs, or beg for sympathy for my actions.
I eat them like a man... with a side of bacon, lots of salt, and with my bare hands... No napkin!

P.S. I like my coffee like I like my ladies... Strong black and hot!

P.P.S. Updated timeline to include "eviction"... Thus.. no rent due? That places two months behind even further back, before he even placed the order. (You can't be evicted until after two months of no rent payment. First and last month was paid on day one. That would make three months of non-payment of rent.) Also, evicted right before actual original due date anyways. Lies!

P.P.P.S. That video would do a LOT to appease many of us, for a week or two... or an hour... at-least.
termonator61

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:09:49 PM

Hey guys,

My name is Allen Myers, I'm a first time poster here, been lurking for the past few weeks now. I thought it's about time to sign up and post my small piece of the puzzle. (probably going to get some flame for first post, but this is the internet so I don't really care)

My order number is #700.
I ordered on Nov. 19, but didn't send my check until about 2 weeks later. If you look on their website, Nov.19 was the cutoff for Jan shipping so I probably didn't get grouped in with that one, which was my fault.

I ordered a little Jally from BFL last spring and received it in early November. I'm used to waiting forever for miners, I made the mistake of hopping behind the biggest company (most orders) and for only a little 5 gh/s paperweight. Actually having a tangible product put all of my worries about BFL to rest and made me feel kind of silly for doubting them which is what I feel will happen with AMT. The little guy was hashing like a BOSS so that got me hungry for something more. I wanted a serious miner.

Now *story-time*, I'll share the story that I have about going and trying to find them. I am currently a full time student and have been following bitcoin for about a year now and I was looking to go big on a miner before the holidays because I wanted the massive profit margins, like everyone else, that were projected when the price had peaked. Winter break was nearing and I was researching different companies to see which one was good. I looked at cointerra and when AMT was promising Jan shipping, cointerra was saying March. The shipping difference and the fact that they were American based and somewhat local to me (I go to school in southern VA, but I'm from northern VA) as well as being like 10-20 mins from my grandparents (Delaware County), shot them above all of their competitors in my eyes. As I said winter break was nearing so I figured that I would drop off the check personally to them and also have a look around their facility. So I drove up there with check in hand hoping that I would get a chance to meet someone. It was a Wednesday at about 2:00 when I got there (1254 West Chester Pike, 3rd Flr. Ste. 301. Havertown, PA, 19083.) and I decided to scope out the building and find them myself. I saw suite 301 and figured that the third floor would be the best place to start. I climbed the first flight of stairs that I could find and that led me right to a bar. I headed back down stairs and circled the building, finding another set of stairs I took those and that led me to a corporate looking office space with what looked like no one home (creepy story about that if anyone wants to know later). Attached to this office space was another which was locked and I really didn't feel like breaking and entering so I left it alone. Back to circling the building. Eventually I gave up and asked someone where the AMT office was located. The only non-restaurant that had people in it was a small insurance company on the first floor facing the street. I went inside and asked two gentlemen where AMT was located. One guy perked up and said that someone had called looking for them not too long ago. Right about here is where I started losing my nerves and the word "scam" kept popping up in my head. I did another circut, looked at the bar area a little closer and noticed that there was a single small stairwell leading up to the third floor that was locked and had a poster with the word "safe" on it across from said stairs. I asked the bartender "who purchased that space?", he said that he thought it was a rent-a-cop firm and that he never really saw anyone go in or out. More nerves. I went back to the Insurance office and one gentleman kindly walked with me to where he thought it would be. Upon reaching the locked "safe" stairwell he said it had to be that one and bid me a good-day. That is when I sent this to Mr. Brown:

Mr. Brown,

I just tried to find your office, I asked the bar in your building and had two very nice men try and show me where your office might be. As much as I don't want to, I'm starting to think that this might be a scam that I almost got sucked into. I will be in town until Saturday and I hope to hear from you so that I might come to your office and we can do business.

All the best,
Allen myers

//Granted I made a huge mistake in not alerting them to me coming, but I figured if they were operating, then I should be able to at least see a face. Mr.Brown quickly replied with:

Allen,

Across from the bar there is an office there with "Safe" on the office door. We are in that office. We dont want people coming to our office or bothering us because basically we build machines that generate money, and it's dangerous to let just anyone come and scope out the environment you could say.

It would have been best if you gave me a heads up on that by the way.//

//He raised valid points and that helped calm my nerves. but I had already started driving away, thinking I had almost gotten sucked in.

Me
To Jim Brown
Nov 27, 2013
Ok, I saw that office and the bar told me that you all were a rent-a-cop service and your door was locked. I'm about 20 minutes out. Would it be best to email or call you when I'm inbound?

Jim Brown
To Me
Nov 27, 2013
It would be to schedule this in advance, as you can imagine we're really busy with rise in BTC. I understand you'd like to meet and feel more assured in your product, but at the same time we're very hesitant who we meet as well. I'd like to have a phone call with you first if possible and then we can schedule something for early next week if that works for you.

I'm free to get on the phone later today around 5pm if that works for you.

//I'm not stupid, I know dealing with a customer like myself at the time would have been very annoying and that he would probably not afford me any courtesies after I had pretty much called his business a scam. pretty much shot myself in the foot on that one.

Me
To Jim Brown
Nov 27, 2013
I have the money with me now and I was going to drop off the check, and also get a chance to meet you and ask a few questions. I understand your concerns and I appreciate you being so patient with me. I ordered from BFL before and had to wait 8 months before my product even reached production. If it would be alright I would at least like to hand you the money, a meeting and tour of the facility is not necessary as well as unfeasible, I live in [southern Virginia] which is a good 6 hours away, I just happened to be in town.

Jim Brown
To Me
Nov 27, 2013
Right,

I understand your concerns, your not the first to have them. It's just we have had an issue with the location and the security of it actually because we announced this address on the forum and we think people may have tried to break in over the weekend. We've used this office because Harrison (Owns the office) is a family friend and hes allowed us to use his facility for final assembly and shipping. We're relocated to a larger office on Lancaster Ave in between Ardmore and Brywnmar, and this will be more of a show room, sales office for clientele. We know there is a need for this and are taking the the steps necessery to get it done, but its just difficult that plus development, customer support, sales and accounting with the small team we have. We need to hire and train as well.

This industry is like trying to ride a psychotic horse towards a burning stable. It's tuff.

I'm available at 5pm, please call my cell directly. [his cell number] (I'm not going to release his personal cell number on here for all of you haters to bug him even more. You're welcome Jim.)

All the best,

Jim

After that I went to my grandparents and forgot to call (I'm really a dumbass sometimes) and I stopped bugging Jim for a while because I dropped the ball like 3 times that day.

Anyway, that's my story, do with it what you will, just thought I'd post it for the record and I also wanted to get my name on the order list. If you have any questions feel free to let me know, I check this thread multiple times a day.
5craziest

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:37:23 PM

Just curious.  anyone who has received equipment from this company, where is it being shipped from?
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:39:33 PM

Best way for "us" to truly help you, is by NOT helping you. Since your idea of help is "us do it for you".

LoL

You are so moronic...

Are you admitting AMT miners are crap? I would agree with you.

ROFL.

PS: OMG, you are indeed the douchebag of the year. Assuming C0Kez3R0 is telling the truth, who the fuck are you to lecture about his personal decisions? ROFL.
opieum

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:54:08 PM

I've been lurking on these forums for a while now. I decided to plunge in and register and comment on my own experiences with AMT. I recently bought some hardware from AMT 12k worth of it. Before I took that plunge I called, got Jim on the line who answered my questions to my satisfaction. I also had emailed prior to that and got a response 24 hours later (I called because I wanted a quick answer). In both cases they were responsive.

I see alot of complaints about how they aren't responding and all that. That has not been my experience. After I put in the 12k and wired it to them per their instructions, I got an email confirming it was received the next business day. I also have been in communication with them since then (not pestering just requesting updates) I get the impression they are on track with their orders. Clearly they have a device as there are people who attest to having one. Now the build quality thats another story to tell.

This is a REALLY new industry exploding. Cryptocoin mining is a really new industry. Bleeding edge. As such there will be major growing pains and such. It will take the right kind of mindset to sort out the wheat from the chaff so to speak. There are scammers and there are new entrants who have work to do to improve their processes. But back to the point. My experience is such is that they are very much a startup. And companies like BFL and AMT are accepting preorders to fund development. In that sense they are pretty much the same as a kickstarter or indiegogo campaign. The difference is there is an escrow system there which provides piece of mind. But at the same time its part of the process. A year from now these issues will likely be in the past for most of these companies if their reputations survive it.

That being all said I also purchased from BFL. My experience with them has been pretty bad in terms of communications. It took them a full 6 weeks after I ordered to reply to my inquiries. As far as orders shipping they are saying March which was originally supposed to be January for my monarch. But the communication has been the worst part. I get setbacks in development. It happens especially when they are dependent on a vendor. But BFL never communicates that. I have not heard from AMT on this but I also have not inquired on it as my shipment is not technically late yet. I will once March is over as I was told my product would be ready 3rd week of March (I will be picking it up in person so I can provide more feedback around that time).

From a personal communications standpoint AMT has been really good to me personally. I don't go in yelling or pestering. They told me to check back with them in a few days after I emailed asking about what on-hold means. It just means its in process. Their systems are still tracking the order. Obviously they still have to tweak their own systems to work it out. Again I half expect these types of things. I did not get the impression they are going to cut and run. ESPECIALLY when they have already put themselves out there. It's monumental stupidity if they were a scam. Here are some things to think about.

As for the company registration, they likely are registered under another fictitious (Business name legal term) name. Happens all the time. They could be a subsidiary of one of the various bitcoin companies in PA.
Second if they did this they are documenting their downfall in a HUGE way. Remember these peoples names are out there. They now have digital footprint fictitious names or not they have IP addresses and physical locations. FBI can track them if this was the case as it would constitute interstate wire fraud (and even international) , I have this on excellent authority Wink. AND If they were scammers it would be HIGHLY unlikely they would be out in the open the way they are now. They would be operating very differently and would much much harder to track.

Just tossing in some perspective here. I can only comment to my own experience with AMT at this point. They have so far been consistent with communication. And to be fair they have an obligation to their PAYING customers to respond which in my case they have. Altho in some previous posts I noticed they responded to a person who took 6 weeks to pay AND even told him not to buy because of the potential situation it would create. That actually is plausible as I have my own business and have done the same things to people who would prove to be difficult. The money is not that important to me that I would have to endure all sorts of nonsense. Its their side of the story at least and they have communicated a timetable. Now we just hold them to their timetable and thats it.

As for people investing in hardware right now? My best advice is if you don't have the money to lose, don't spend it. Especially don't piss away your rent money on miners. Save up. I have to agree with ISAWHIM. I might not agree with HOW he said it but what he said has absolute merit. Not a douchebag, but someone with a reasonable head on his shoulders even if you don't agree with him. We are in a competitive market to make money. This is what mining is. There is a bit of Co-optition (Cooperative competition) but at the end of the day we are competing for getting all those coins. This is economic Darwinism.  That is something that will not change.

sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:17:30 PM

Wheres the video we were promised AMT?

Guess it's still at the production house? Perhaps they hired some guys to create CGI of the miners in action.  Roll Eyes
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:25:16 PM

Guys,

Calm down. We shot the video yesterday and its at the video product company being formatted and what nut.

A whole week to produce a video. This is going to be one awesome video. I wonder if they have any Bitcoin celebrities starring in it!

Buy & Hold
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:36:37 PM

Hey guys,

My name is Allen Myers, I'm a first time poster here, been lurking for the past few weeks now. I thought it's about time to sign up and post my small piece of the puzzle. (probably going to get some flame for first post, but this is the internet so I don't really care)

My order number is #700.
I ordered on Nov. 19, but didn't send my check until about 2 weeks later. If you look on their website, Nov.19 was the cutoff for Jan shipping so I probably didn't get grouped in with that one, which was my fault.

I ordered a little Jally from BFL last spring and received it in early November. I'm used to waiting forever for miners, I made the mistake of hopping behind the biggest company (most orders) and for only a little 5 gh/s paperweight. Actually having a tangible product put all of my worries about BFL to rest and made me feel kind of silly for doubting them which is what I feel will happen with AMT. The little guy was hashing like a BOSS so that got me hungry for something more. I wanted a serious miner.

Now *story-time*, I'll share the story that I have about going and trying to find them. I am currently a full time student and have been following bitcoin for about a year now and I was looking to go big on a miner before the holidays because I wanted the massive profit margins, like everyone else, that were projected when the price had peaked. Winter break was nearing and I was researching different companies to see which one was good. I looked at cointerra and when AMT was promising Jan shipping, cointerra was saying March. The shipping difference and the fact that they were American based and somewhat local to me (I go to school in southern VA, but I'm from northern VA) as well as being like 10-20 mins from my grandparents (Delaware County), shot them above all of their competitors in my eyes. As I said winter break was nearing so I figured that I would drop off the check personally to them and also have a look around their facility. So I drove up there with check in hand hoping that I would get a chance to meet someone. It was a Wednesday at about 2:00 when I got there (1254 West Chester Pike, 3rd Flr. Ste. 301. Havertown, PA, 19083.) and I decided to scope out the building and find them myself. I saw suite 301 and figured that the third floor would be the best place to start. I climbed the first flight of stairs that I could find and that led me right to a bar. I headed back down stairs and circled the building, finding another set of stairs I took those and that led me to a corporate looking office space with what looked like no one home (creepy story about that if anyone wants to know later). Attached to this office space was another which was locked and I really didn't feel like breaking and entering so I left it alone. Back to circling the building. Eventually I gave up and asked someone where the AMT office was located. The only non-restaurant that had people in it was a small insurance company on the first floor facing the street. I went inside and asked two gentlemen where AMT was located. One guy perked up and said that someone had called looking for them not too long ago. Right about here is where I started losing my nerves and the word "scam" kept popping up in my head. I did another circut, looked at the bar area a little closer and noticed that there was a single small stairwell leading up to the third floor that was locked and had a poster with the word "safe" on it across from said stairs. I asked the bartender "who purchased that space?", he said that he thought it was a rent-a-cop firm and that he never really saw anyone go in or out. More nerves. I went back to the Insurance office and one gentleman kindly walked with me to where he thought it would be. Upon reaching the locked "safe" stairwell he said it had to be that one and bid me a good-day. That is when I sent this to Mr. Brown:

Mr. Brown,

I just tried to find your office, I asked the bar in your building and had two very nice men try and show me where your office might be. As much as I don't want to, I'm starting to think that this might be a scam that I almost got sucked into. I will be in town until Saturday and I hope to hear from you so that I might come to your office and we can do business.

All the best,
Allen myers

//Granted I made a huge mistake in not alerting them to me coming, but I figured if they were operating, then I should be able to at least see a face. Mr.Brown quickly replied with:

Allen,

Across from the bar there is an office there with "Safe" on the office door. We are in that office. We dont want people coming to our office or bothering us because basically we build machines that generate money, and it's dangerous to let just anyone come and scope out the environment you could say.

It would have been best if you gave me a heads up on that by the way.//

//He raised valid points and that helped calm my nerves. but I had already started driving away, thinking I had almost gotten sucked in.

Me
To Jim Brown
Nov 27, 2013
Ok, I saw that office and the bar told me that you all were a rent-a-cop service and your door was locked. I'm about 20 minutes out. Would it be best to email or call you when I'm inbound?

Jim Brown
To Me
Nov 27, 2013
It would be to schedule this in advance, as you can imagine we're really busy with rise in BTC. I understand you'd like to meet and feel more assured in your product, but at the same time we're very hesitant who we meet as well. I'd like to have a phone call with you first if possible and then we can schedule something for early next week if that works for you.

I'm free to get on the phone later today around 5pm if that works for you.

//I'm not stupid, I know dealing with a customer like myself at the time would have been very annoying and that he would probably not afford me any courtesies after I had pretty much called his business a scam. pretty much shot myself in the foot on that one.

Me
To Jim Brown
Nov 27, 2013
I have the money with me now and I was going to drop off the check, and also get a chance to meet you and ask a few questions. I understand your concerns and I appreciate you being so patient with me. I ordered from BFL before and had to wait 8 months before my product even reached production. If it would be alright I would at least like to hand you the money, a meeting and tour of the facility is not necessary as well as unfeasible, I live in [southern Virginia] which is a good 6 hours away, I just happened to be in town.

Jim Brown
To Me
Nov 27, 2013
Right,

I understand your concerns, your not the first to have them. It's just we have had an issue with the location and the security of it actually because we announced this address on the forum and we think people may have tried to break in over the weekend. We've used this office because Harrison (Owns the office) is a family friend and hes allowed us to use his facility for final assembly and shipping. We're relocated to a larger office on Lancaster Ave in between Ardmore and Brywnmar, and this will be more of a show room, sales office for clientele. We know there is a need for this and are taking the the steps necessery to get it done, but its just difficult that plus development, customer support, sales and accounting with the small team we have. We need to hire and train as well.

This industry is like trying to ride a psychotic horse towards a burning stable. It's tuff.

I'm available at 5pm, please call my cell directly. [his cell number] (I'm not going to release his personal cell number on here for all of you haters to bug him even more. You're welcome Jim.)

All the best,

Jim

After that I went to my grandparents and forgot to call (I'm really a dumbass sometimes) and I stopped bugging Jim for a while because I dropped the ball like 3 times that day.

Anyway, that's my story, do with it what you will, just thought I'd post it for the record and I also wanted to get my name on the order list. If you have any questions feel free to let me know, I check this thread multiple times a day.

After all that you actually gave them money??? Wow with all those signs just slapping you in the face but you let your greed get the better of you. Not smart.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:44:35 PM

Sorry clenell, for once he's right. The phrase "get a job" comes to mind also. People with no money playing a game like this just isn't smart. That was greed that made him try to get some magic money making machine, and greed cost him that money.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:51:36 PM

Guys,

Calm down. We shot the video yesterday and its at the video product company being formatted and what nut.

A whole week to produce a video. This is going to be one awesome video. I wonder if they have any Bitcoin celebrities starring in it!

To be fair, its a lot of work to make a credible video of a product that doesnt exist.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:58:08 PM

Guys,

To be fair, its a lot of work to make a credible video of a product that doesnt exist.
Especially when you're kept so busy penning epic posts about your long time lurker experience with AMT. Granted they probably get easier to write in the volume we see here, but it still takes away time from the more productive task of playing Bejeweled Blitz while hoping the board's engineering firm gets around to solving all your issues for you.
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: