Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:06:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:17:11 PM

Mr. Opeum2

Your call for the community to come together sounds good but then proclaiming that you are out of here as soon as you get your miner seems a little hypocritical. being from NYC maybe you don't understand the term community. I find a lot of people from the big city feel alone in a crowd.

Also remember, CLennel was once an overeager fanboy much like yourself and AMT turned on him.

nothing personal, just thought I would point out that the community will be here for you in the end if you don't trash the community in the beginning.

Well with the amount of crap being slung around and the unceasing amount of it yea. My goal actually is to start a community that is better moderated. You have a valid point. It is hypocritical of me. BUT when there is ZERO moderation of the community then yea most people including myself will walk away. Gotta pick my battles so to speak. From this particular thread I would have no motivation to stay on it once I got my miners. Point is stick to the topic which is trying to get AMT to post updates while keeping the flamer/trolls away or ignored. that will help this thread get the updates it needs. That is from my understanding the original intent of this thread for updates. Not AMT bashing. There are plenty of other threads and a scam section for that. I like numerous others just want updates. Not ceaseless conspiracies and other things that provide little information on when the miners are arriving.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
opieum2

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:20:12 PM

He can wear his pink tutu.

It's a Kilt, damn-it!

A fluffy pink kilt... Tongue He stole if from the bear!

P.S. Should be hearing from AMT sometime today, about my possibility of joining the assembly-team. Crossing my fingers, crossing my legs, crossing my eyes and dotting my Tee's.

P.P.S. If I go there, I am going to work, not play investigator or be the messenger. However, I will see what I can do, within allowable limits, to ensure the members here are kept better up-to-date. They need hands, and I have hands... So this should work-out well for all of us. (Most of us.)

Thanks man. As much as it is a benefit to you, your experience there will be a side benefit to the rest of us. Hopefully you will have some ability to keep us all updated. Which I think is what we all really want at the end of the day.

opieum2

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:27:57 PM

Thanks for the updates AMT!!

Looking good so far. Excited to see more!!

majalen33

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:33:07 PM

What, where and how are you going to mine with your amt miner? Alt Coins? Is there a good pool for auto coin switching ?
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:41:36 PM

Thanks for the updates AMT!!

Looking good so far. Excited to see more!!
Me too Grin
The truth is just behind the corner Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
opieum2

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:47:55 PM

What, where and how are you going to mine with your amt miner? Alt Coins? Is there a good pool for auto coin switching ?

I mine at tompool.org and megamultipool.com Both have autoswitching pools that payout in BTC vs having to set up individual wallets for each coin type. I'm willing to pay the small fee for that as it makes my life a bit easier.

athgaurd

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:03:33 PM

Thank you AMT for the pictures and the responses. Though I still wish you would respond to my emails/phone calls, I understand that you are extremely busy. The only confirmation I have that you exist in material form is from that Eagle National Bank from across the street that told me you were their customer (of which put my mind a little more at ease). The coffee shop and the dental office didn't know anything about you (I called them first) however I did find a guy local that took pictures of your building but didn't take a picture of your business in the building... which would have put my mind significantly at ease... As you said you have hundreds of customers and we are just a few of them, however wouldn't it have been better to take a picture of your business months ago and post it on your website? When I open a new business I'm all about the public eye and take pictures of it for two reasons:

1. Makes it easier for a customer to find you (instead of the several customers that have gone to the adjacent buildings to find out where you are at)

2. It shows you are brick and mortar which would have put almost everyone here at more ease a long time ago (unless you are going for the neg publicity because lets be honest, publicity is publicity and some businesses have thrived on consumer turmoil and been successful but there are very few that could fall into that category).

Just some food for thought AMT. Let me know when you are sending me a check for my overpayment (I know it is a small amount but money is money). Do we have an estimated delivery date on orders 1020-1080? I may just plan a vacation around it.

Thank you.

sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:45:18 PM

While the pictures aren't very focused, I appreciate some sort of update.

Unfortunately I think by the time these things get out the door, they will be vaporware. ISAWHIM is trying to stay positive about mining alternative coins with the miner, but for most I doubt they will see a return.

We still need users to receive them and run them successfully. We aren't out of the woods yet.

And Bulgaria is a very nice country and very beautiful country.  we enjoyed our time there, we respect the Bulgarian people and think in the technical fields, there are some absolutely brilliant individuals that are not recognized for their greatness. The only downside in your nation, and it has always been that way, is that Bulgarians do not confirm or unit as one, they don't work together well. They are brilliant, but must do everything alone if its possible.

Their lack of unification has caused them to suffer through years of bad political choices which led to a century enslavement, communism and now, well you watch the news.  Their culture almost teaches the average Bulgarian person -  to not trust anyone so quick. - and even when you've known him for years, still think twice about trusting him.

But more over, why Bulgaria wins this round. It would be the social life in Bulgaria, how people relax, sit on a table for 5 hours, drink and eat, the whole European thing, that's where they got it right.

Oh and the black sea. Anywhere along the bulgarian black sea coast is worth visiting. Sozopol/Nessebur.. its a nice one.

AMT_Miners = Joshua Zipkin.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:56:05 PM

Mr. Opeum2

Your call for the community to come together sounds good but then proclaiming that you are out of here as soon as you get your miner seems a little hypocritical. being from NYC maybe you don't understand the term community. I find a lot of people from the big city feel alone in a crowd.

Also remember, CLennel was once an overeager fanboy much like yourself and AMT turned on him.

nothing personal, just thought I would point out that the community will be here for you in the end if you don't trash the community in the beginning.

Well with the amount of crap being slung around and the unceasing amount of it yea. My goal actually is to start a community that is better moderated. You have a valid point. It is hypocritical of me. BUT when there is ZERO moderation of the community then yea most people including myself will walk away. Gotta pick my battles so to speak. From this particular thread I would have no motivation to stay on it once I got my miners. Point is stick to the topic which is trying to get AMT to post updates while keeping the flamer/trolls away or ignored. that will help this thread get the updates it needs. That is from my understanding the original intent of this thread for updates. Not AMT bashing. There are plenty of other threads and a scam section for that. I like numerous others just want updates. Not ceaseless conspiracies and other things that provide little information on when the miners are arriving.

Probably not a bad idea, like YourPalToots did with the "order" thread. Maybe make an AMT Users  thread for when/if people start getting their miners.

I find it disturbing that so few people (even on other fora) have confirmed getting even the bitfury units. Yeah, I know that people are not under any obligation to do so, but for just about every other mfg/brand that has shipped, there are dozens of people talking about their shiny (or not so shiny) machine. THIS is where my problme lies. The machine they gave me (for which I'm grateful) is obsolete. They should have delivered a boatload of 'em, as the price was decent for what it was and they advertised a lot. Where are the wild machines? I've seen about ten from members here, found ref to maybe ten more using google and other fora.

I would very much like to be wrong on this. I WANT AMT to be a good outfit.
sirminesalot

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:06:17 PM

Probably not a bad idea, like YourPalToots did with the "order" thread. Maybe make an AMT Users  thread for when/if people start getting their miners.

I find it disturbing that so few people (even on other fora) have confirmed getting even the bitfury units. Yeah, I know that people are not under any obligation to do so, but for just about every other mfg/brand that has shipped, there are dozens of people talking about their shiny (or not so shiny) machine. THIS is where my problme lies. The machine they gave me (for which I'm grateful) is obsolete. They should have delivered a boatload of 'em, as the price was decent for what it was and they advertised a lot. Where are the wild machines? I've seen about ten from members here, found ref to maybe ten more using google and other fora.

Agreed, it seems like there are only a few of those models out there and in the hands of people. I tried to ask Martin how many bitfury based boards were sold to AMT, but he said he couldn't disclose that information without AMT's approval first. My guess is that it was a very low number of miners, and primarily done to rouse up buyers for the larger upcoming models.

I am surprised that many buyers here are not HORRIFIED that AMT has come on here and asked for help assembling from the community. It just goes to show that they were completely unprepared for the task at hand, and every day that goes by equates to lost BTC. It's a shame, and enough for me to say "Stay away from AMT!"

After all of this, and with the emerging competition of other companies building Coincraft based miners: suggesting others to buy from AMT is very unlikely. I'm sure that won't matter though, people get burned and walk away, and new customers take their place. It's like a revolving door, hopefully this thread will be a lesson to those in the future.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:08:09 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 06:20:31 PM by loshia

Mr. Opeum2

Probably not a bad idea, like YourPalToots did with the "order" thread. Maybe make an AMT Users  thread for when/if people start getting their miners.

As amt compared them selfs with apple   Grin and they silently admitted most of the work is subcontracted. The only hope for you is they to find right people for the job. Meanwhile time is ticktackingng away. So time will tell if they will found appropriate people at all.
I am starting to wander how they were chosen  to be bitmine partners because:
1. They sold zero coincraft chips Grin
2. They have added Zero to bitmine business in terms of engineering programing or designing terms. Famous AMT engenders are josh and his father probably well known with their engineering skills Grin
3. They have waited long enough to copy bitmine design and despite of bitmine they have not shipped a single nut  Grin
4. While all this happens china borders will flood market with miners ready to mine for 5k almost at chip price. Yeah I know the stolen/legal chip rumors but it will not stop them. Mans this will not stop customers to buy them
5. All the above will drawn their customers and probably amt also. Rio is a fiction
So who cares that reputable US company will be able to make domestic miner delivery in near feature  Grin
Conclusion  .... They a good at Bulgarian psychology and habits, parking tickets and a free stakes Grin
AMT you can make a survey asking the forum members who are most UNsatisfied ASIC customers around the forum
And winner is?Huh BFL or AMT Grin  Grin
All what is left is a good hope and a good will that something gona happen someday

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:18:56 PM

AMT

I to would like to give a thumbs up for the pictures and update. It is nice to see signs of production taking place. I think it quells a lot of anxiety around here. Hopefully we will see reports of tracking numbers going out early in the week and you will be on a roll.

I would also like to give 2 thumbs up on your new attitude in your last few post's. Much more professional.

One other suggestion. As you have pointed out and is clear buy the order list that not all of your customers look to this forum for updates. My friend who also bought one of your 1.2th's machines is one of those people. I have been his source of info and am worried about a shoot the messenger type scenario. I would suggest making an e-mail address list of backlogged customers and just give a general update as to the situation and steps you are taking to rectify the problems. Then "send all" and 1 email updates everyone. As orders go out just send out the tracking # and remove their address from that group and your list will be up to date.

I'm sure that would ease your phone issues as well.

Anyway keep up the hard work and lets get some tracking numbers out the door soon

sirminesalot

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:22:52 PM

As amt compared them selfs with apple   Grin and they silently admitted most of the work is subcontracted. The only hope for you is they to find right people for the job. Meanwhile time is ticktackingng away. So time will tell if they will found appropriate people at all.
2. They have added Zero to bitmine business in terms of engineering programing or designing terms. Famous AMT engenders are josh and his father probably well known with their engineering skills Grin
3. They have waited long enough to copy bitmine design and despite of bitmine they have not shipped a single nut  Grin
4. While all this happens china borders will flood market with miners ready to mine for 5k almost at chip price. Yeah I know the stolen/legal chip rumors but it will not stop them
5. All the above will drawn their customers and probably amt also. Roi is a fiction
So who cares that reputable US company will be able to make domestic miner delivery in near feature  Grin
Conclusion  .... They a good at Bulgarian psychology and habits, parking tickets and a free stakes Grin

I agree, the whole 'Made in America' thing is just a marketing gimmick. At the end of the day, would you go with an "American company" if it meant your purchase took 2 or 3 times as long to arrive as the competitions' in China? Probably not, especially in a competitive and time sensitive business like bitcoin mining.

Besides, when I read Josh Zipkin's post I don't think American. I think Bulgarian, using America to make money. There is very little "american-anything" about AMT and their miners. Their updates and communication has been horrid, and so has the build quality and QC of their miners. If anything, their miners look more like something made in a chinese knock-off factory.

Bad business is bad business. If a company is professional and treats their customers with respect, I will give them my money: regardless of where they are located in the world (China/Europe/etc). In this case the fact that AMT is supposedly based out of the U.S.A hasn't done much to get us good updates, communication, or product delivered on time.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:27:13 PM

AMT

I to would like to give a thumbs up for the pictures and update. It is nice to see signs of production taking place. I think it quells a lot of anxiety around here. Hopefully we will see reports of tracking numbers going out early in the week and you will be on a roll.

I would also like to give 2 thumbs up on your new attitude in your last few post's. Much more professional.

One other suggestion. As you have pointed out and is clear buy the order list that not all of your customers look to this forum for updates. My friend who also bought one of your 1.2th's machines is one of those people. I have been his source of info and am worried about a shoot the messenger type scenario. I would suggest making an e-mail address list of backlogged customers and just give a general update as to the situation and steps you are taking to rectify the problems. Then "send all" and 1 email updates everyone. As orders go out just send out the tracking # and remove their address from that group and your list will be up to date.

I'm sure that would ease your phone issues as well.

Anyway keep up the hard work and lets get some tracking numbers out the door soon
New attitude of their posts?
Do you care if Bulgarians are happy or if Bulgarian girls are pretty? Or if Bulgarians do pay their tickets? Or all the bullshit bla bla spread here and free stakes also:)

What you do care is:
1. Delivery date of your miner
2. Will it be 5 or 6 module unit. How much TH will you get
3. How much power will it consume very important if you plan to run it at home and you are in US. What psu(s) will be inside over clocking options if any
4. How stable is it
5. Does it work at all - that will be a first thing to ask
Two pictures out of focus makes the so called new attitude I fill sorry for you dude

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:30:08 PM

4. While all this happens china borders will flood market with miners ready to mine for 5k almost at chip price. Yeah I know the stolen/legal chip rumors but it will not stop them
5. All the above will drawn their customers and probably amt also. Roi is a fiction

I agree, the whole 'Made in America' thing is just a marketing gimmick. At the end of the day, would you go with an "American company" if it meant your purchase took 2 or 3 times as long to arrive as the competitions' in China? Probably not, especially in a competitive and time sensitive business like bitcoin mining.

Besides, when I read Josh Zipkin's post I don't think American. I think Bulgarian, using America to make money. There is very little "american-anything" about AMT and their miners. Their updates and communication has been horrid, and so has the build quality and QC of their miners. If anything, their miners look more like something made in a chinese knock-off factory.

Bad business is bad business. If a company is professional and treats their customers with respect, I will give them my money: regardless of where they are located in the world (China/Europe/etc). In this case the fact that AMT is supposedly based out of the U.S.A hasn't done much to get us good updates, communication, or product delivered on time.
Heads down I do completely agree Smiley
I am wandering if you are American or European?

sirminesalot

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:34:26 PM

I'm American.

Americans typically want to support local American companies over foreign companies. I'm sure this is the same for most other countries as well (buying local). This is where AMT has used 'buy American' as a marketing gimmick.

Another thing to mention is that Bulgaria has been mentioned in this thread a LOT more than America has (if that tells you anything).

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:41:31 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 07:00:28 PM by loshia

I'm American.

Americans typically want to support local American companies over foreign companies. I'm sure this is the same for most other countries as well (buying local). This is where AMT has used 'buy American' as a marketing gimmick.

Another thing to mention is that Bulgaria has been mentioned in this thread a LOT more than America has (if that tells you anything).

Heads down dude once again. Unfortunately we Bulgarians are famous with bad things mostly but this is another story. And of course mentioning of Bulgaria tells me a lot of things. Amongst all Joshua is a good learner for sure Wink
But he has to learn a lot Wink
In my arguments here I will never use the argument that he is juish never. I have a good Jutish friends. Besides we Bulgarians probably saved his grand mothers and grandfathers in world war 2. Pathetic if we missed that part the chance for him not to be born at all will be bigger.
There is nothing wrong something to go wrong but be a man and tell the truth....all we get is lies lies and more lies manufacturing engendering and programing these are my favorites. Wink

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 07:18:13 PM

Looks like Joshua Zipkin took down the video of him and Tyler Lummis https://plus.google.com/112246330529028182590/posts pouring cans of Mountain Dew into brand new cups in the aisles of Walmart in Nashville. No problem though, for if I look hard enough, I'm sure I can find a copy that maybe Tyler made, of whom now owns a hookah lounge in Ohio.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 07:20:46 PM

Cages with upgradable slots.

This facility is in Bulgaria, as is Joshua Zipkin when he penned this post about 10AM local time.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:27:09 PM

Cages with upgradable slots.

This facility is in Bulgaria, as is Joshua Zipkin when he penned this post about 10AM local time.
Probably not in Bulgaria but this is not important at all.
It shows nothing that is what matters Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: