Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:13:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:15:53 PM

Anyone else get the feeling that come May, Joshua Zipkin is going to be rocking out to Bon Jovi in Bulgaria with a pocket full of OUR MONEY.

I agree with some of the above posters, if you cleared out your bank account on a miner in hopes that you will 'get rich quick' then you've made a terrible decision despite AMT's actions.

With that said, let's not cannibalize on the guy - after all AMT hasn't fulfilled their promises and should be held accountable.
Miramyn

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:25:45 PM

Guys,

Calm down. We shot the video yesterday and its at the video product company being formatted and what nut.

A whole week to produce a video. This is going to be one awesome video. I wonder if they have any Bitcoin celebrities starring in it!

To be fair, its a lot of work to make a credible video of a product that doesnt exist.

Maybe its the same guy they hired from a couple months ago
80 pages and 2 months later and the only pics are the "chips are here, time to hustle" post.
Definitely not a pro shoot.

Jim, I use a Raspberry PI myself for misc stuff, curious to see how well the embedded PI works with the miner, would be good to see how it works standalone as a worker in pool or even grouped together under separate computer through usb. Thanks for sharing...

I know I know, the videos... We have to do it anyway because answering calls about how to hook up/connect to the TPlink inside the cases is getting quite bothersome. First thing in the morning we'll shoot a video on that and incorporate the miners in it as well obviously.

Suggestion: get some extra lights for that video shoot, even some extra lamps or shop lights.
Place 2 or 3 of them behind white sheets BEHIND the camera and off to the sides or above if practical,
 bathe the scene in diffuse light.
Current picture/vid qualities are not helping your cause, spend an extra 14 minutes setting the scene and it will show your stuff off way nice.

Yea, yesterday we just hired some pro, a flamboyantly gay photographer named Charles, and he'll do new case shots for us everything else. I know those last shots suck pretty bad.. our go to errand guy (my brother in law) figured a hack off of CL would cutt it and literally dropped the miners off and picked up them up later... If you want something done right you gotta do it yourself right..

I dont think we'll go all out like that on this video, this is more of a tutorial how to setup the network functions in your miner because guys that have received them cant quite figure it out. Making a pro video, editing all that stuff really takes a lot of time and effort.  

When I was younger we didn't have behavioural disorders. They called it "being a brat". It was as simple as that!
sirminesalot

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:28:18 PM

Maybe its the same guy they hired from a couple months ago
80 pages and 2 months later and the only pics are the "chips are here, time to hustle" post.
Definitely not a pro shoot.

Jim, I use a Raspberry PI myself for misc stuff, curious to see how well the embedded PI works with the miner, would be good to see how it works standalone as a worker in pool or even grouped together under separate computer through usb. Thanks for sharing...

I know I know, the videos... We have to do it anyway because answering calls about how to hook up/connect to the TPlink inside the cases is getting quite bothersome. First thing in the morning we'll shoot a video on that and incorporate the miners in it as well obviously.

Suggestion: get some extra lights for that video shoot, even some extra lamps or shop lights.
Place 2 or 3 of them behind white sheets BEHIND the camera and off to the sides or above if practical,
 bathe the scene in diffuse light.
Current picture/vid qualities are not helping your cause, spend an extra 14 minutes setting the scene and it will show your stuff off way nice.

Yea, yesterday we just hired some pro, a flamboyantly gay photographer named Charles, and he'll do new case shots for us everything else. I know those last shots suck pretty bad.. our go to errand guy (my brother in law) figured a hack off of CL would cutt it and literally dropped the miners off and picked up them up later... If you want something done right you gotta do it yourself right..

I dont think we'll go all out like that on this video, this is more of a tutorial how to setup the network functions in your miner because guys that have received them cant quite figure it out. Making a pro video, editing all that stuff really takes a lot of time and effort. 

This sounds like pure and utter bullshit. Not to mention completely unprofessional (flamboyantly gay photographer ... really? - who gives a shit about his sexual preferences).
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 06:36:36 PM

I'm aware that it's not a box, PCBs, chips all mashed together with duct tape.

I'm attempting to hunt down their vendors in order to see if they are even attempting to make production happen.

Now I don't know if they are also assembling them "in house" or if they are getting a more capable entity to do that for them. That's what I'm wondering.

It does them squat to have components and not ship, as that is a big investment of their money. At least considering that by the time I ordered they had chips in hand based on the GPS evidence.

I'm just waiting to see what comes of it all. If I get a product in the time frame I  ordered it for great but I have 1 month plus a few days in that time frame. I'll be keeping an eye here to see if anyone receives tracking numbers before I head in and check it out my self.

If I can get a bead in on any other vendors they might be using for production I'll be making similar calls.
Dude,
Hunt down their brain capacity first. This is the only thing that matters. You can not measure it by GPS, pics and shit. You are the one to judge.
Just my 2 cents Wink

I was out of the electronics loop for a long time. 20 odd years ago I could work miracles with a soldering iron. But I don't know jack about SMT and the like, so I can't judge. But Jim at AMT seems to be the right guy for that sort of thing. This isn't a defense of their business practices, just an observation. He's a bright guy, but I haven't the modern knowledge to know HOW bright. If they really are designing their own, He is who I would think is doing it.
Jim Grin You are joking right?
Any way i am not arguing with you. He is a bright guy for sure the brightest one using duck tape (my post was edited before your quote)

I hope not. Frankly I'd like to wash my hands of this whole debacle, but I'd also like to see everyone made whole.

As for the duct tape...

I'm a redneck intellectual. Don't be disrespecting duct tape! There are three essential items in every tool box. Duct tape, WD-40, and JB weld.

If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40.
If it moves, shouldn't, and needs to be solid, use JBWeld!

...don't shoot, I think we all need a little humour at this juncture.

Humour, eh! Since when did a lazy redneck born and raised in the US decide to start exerting extra keystrokes to spell out non US English words?

Later, bud. BTW, just fuckin' with you, and love your recent family addition. Personally, I would have given her the middle name B. Just the letter B sans a period. Ironically, that's exactly what my daughter's middle name is--"B"--born April 1, 1979. I'd leave it to the sleuths in discovering her real first name, albeit I already penned its alternate spelling.

~TMIBTCITW
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:44:28 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 07:02:02 PM by ISAWHIM

OMG, you are indeed the douchebag of the year. Assuming C0Kez3R0 is telling the truth, who the fuck are you to lecture about his personal decisions? ROFL.

If it is true... that is even worse. (He is the one throwing his "personal decisions" at me/us.)

He is the one who said, "I clearly need to learn to make better decisions"..."might not get married..." (Shocker! Intentions of post? Sympathy/begging.)

Then he asked for "help" from "us"... (Money, advice?) He did not ask AMT anything. They already contacted him, multiple times. What help would you be doing... Go there, build it, and pack it for AMT to deliver it to him faster... Go pick it up yourself, and deliver it to him personally?

I offered him advice. Not going to give him money. Tough love is help... Reality check is help... Giving to moochers is not help... Moochers who blow rent on 80GHs miners and 1.2THs miners, then beg for more money (help). Oh, and LIE.

He didn't come back, the fourth time... for help with the miner. He has been told when it will ship. He was told not to use the forum to ask about his specific delivery again. (Told to contact them directly.)

He is begging for someone to give him money, or buy it from him, or whatever. (That is unclear) He isn't asking for a refund. (That is clear.)

Want more advice.. Mine TEKcoin solo with your 80GHs miner that you already have delivered... You will make a ton more than mining BTC.

Going back to turning my quarters into rings, to sell on ebay for $5.00 each... until the video is posted and my miner is delivered. Tongue Enjoy the silence.
sirminesalot

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:11:08 PM

OMG, you are indeed the douchebag of the year. Assuming C0Kez3R0 is telling the truth, who the fuck are you to lecture about his personal decisions? ROFL.

If it is true... that is even worse. (He is the one throwing his "personal decisions" at me/us.)

He is the one who said, "I clearly need to learn to make better decisions"..."might not get married..." (Shocker! Intentions of post? Sympathy/begging.)

Then he asked for "help" from "us"... (Money, advice?) He did not ask AMT anything. They already contacted him, multiple times. What help would you be doing... Go there, build it, and pack it for AMT to deliver it to him faster... Go pick it up yourself, and deliver it to him personally?

I offered him advice. Not going to give him money. Tough love is help... Reality check is help... Giving to moochers is not help... Moochers who blow rent on 80GHs miners and 1.2THs miners, then beg for more money (help). Oh, and LIE.

He didn't come back, the fourth time... for help with the miner. He has been told when it will ship. He was told not to use the forum to ask about his specific delivery again. (Told to contact them directly.)

He is begging for someone to give him money, or buy it from him, or whatever. (That is unclear) He isn't asking for a refund. (That is clear.)

Want more advice.. Mine TEKcoin solo with your 80GHs miner that you already have delivered... You will make a ton more than mining BTC.

Going back to turning my quarters into rings, to sell on ebay for $5.00 each... until the video is posted and my miner is delivered. Tongue Enjoy the silence.

ISAWHIM, it's kind of hard to understand what you are saying with AMT's dick in your mouth.
Stan-O

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

Stan the Man!

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:14:41 PM

The following members are due up this week. Others should have been shipped. If you have received any miners or information, please let me know so that I can update the grid. I've reached out to the members whose orders were supposed to be shipped already. So far, I have received word from user Stan-O that his order #928 80Ghs unit has been received.

Thx

UsernameOrder #Date OrderedModel #QuantityShipping date promisedReceived Y/N
.................................................................................................................................................
NaranKPatel51510.12.20131.21Feb 24,25, 26N
NaranKPatel51910.15.20131.21Feb 24,25, 26N
wtiger12752110.14.20131.21Feb 24,25, 26N
russellthies54110.23.20131.21Feb 24,25, 26N
clenell61011.11.20131.21Feb 26,27, 28N
rzrminer64011.12.20131.21Feb 26,27, 28N
cowpiboy66611.14.20135201Feb 26,27, 28?
cowpiboy67111.15.2013??Feb 26,27, 28order cancelled
cowpiboy67211.15.20135201Feb 26,27, 28?
captin crunch67611.15.20131.21Feb 26,27, 28N
cicask8ers686?1.21Feb 26,27, 28N
? ? ? ? ? ? ?69911.16.20131.21Feb 26,27, 28N - friend of captin crunch

I can confirm my PM's with Toots. I received my 80GH miner about 7 weeks after i ordered it.  Order Dec 9, received Jan 27.  .  definitly not the 3-4 weeks i was promised.  but i got it.  my order # was 928

i have pics.  it's currently set up in the optimal cooling configuration. the way i received it, only 1 board hashed at a time.  they forgot a USB cable, and i had to add one of my own.  the tplink controller needs 1 usb for its power and the other USB now goes to the USB hub, and not to one of the boards.  USB cables now go from each technobit hex16b board (there are 2 of these) to the USB hub.

1 board has a bad chip, and i jsut havent sent it back because i woudl lose mining time.  it still gets about 41-43GH.  the good board gets about 43-45gh.  so about 84-88GH total.   almost always mines above stated rating.  

https://i.imgur.com/eK8jwTb.png   tplink controller  -  yes, this is how it came.  minus the correct cabling

https://i.imgur.com/hl8jzLT.jpg    unit before i "fixed it"  1 board hashing, 1 doing nothing.

http://imgur.com/qBtHCUD  both boards hashing

http://imgur.com/iWKdqxL    all the guts hanging out, 1 board hashing, 1 sitting.

i had a blown board from the 1 board hashing at time issue witht he USB configuration, and with ZERO documentation, and default of 1V on windows hexminer software, the power supply chip on one of the boards blew.  It was PROMPTLY replaced, within 1 week.  i was impressed with the turn around time on the board replacement.

i've been mining Unobtanium, Betacoin and 21coin, since mining BTC directly wouldnt get me squat.  so far i calculate it has returned maybe $300 of the $1500 i spent on it, and that was due to a lucky spike in UNO.

if you have any questions, PM me.  i'm a real dude, with a real miner.  i have more pics somewhere.  lol

Have you try to oveclock the boards ?

Be careful, since molex connectors tent to melt, since they are not intended to endure high currents. That's what Phoenix conenctors are intended for, but not used in bulgarian board seen here (at least this version).

But it at least works nominally, but for how long ?

the hashrate i listed IS the optimal overclock.  .9V @ 540Chip frequency is what it was set at when i got it.

Jim said the max voltage for these boards is .88V, but it came at the settings listed above.  

i played with voltage from .8V to .925V and chip frequency up to about 700.  couldn't get much more out of it, and have it stable.
adobe_photoshop

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:26:13 PM

Hi,
I have been lurking this forum since October last year. Decided to register weeks before, and post the 2nd post today.
All i see is a scam. AMT is a scam. Glad I never put anything on AMT.

Anyone else get the feeling that come May, Joshua Zipkin is going to be rocking out to Bon Jovi in Bulgaria with a pocket full of OUR MONEY.

I agree with some of the above posters, if you cleared out your bank account on a miner in hopes that you will 'get rich quick' then you've made a terrible decision despite AMT's actions.

With that said, let's not cannibalize on the guy - after all AMT hasn't fulfilled their promises and should be held accountable.

Agreed!
Stan-O

Activity: 267

Stan the Man!

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:31:27 PM

Just curious.  anyone who has received equipment from this company, where is it being shipped from?

my rig shipped from Lancaster, PA.  i threw the box away, since it had seen better days when it got to me. 
clenell

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:58:33 PM

Obviously it wasn't plenty...
Obviously he has one already... Hashing away now at 80GHs... (What would 1.2THs give? More debt... He spend $6000, it will not make him $6,000+ in a month, now or back then. If it did, he would still be at $0)
Obviously, having the 1.2THs miner a month earlier would not have mattered, if he is 2-months behind in rent...
Obviously, he ran out WAY before then, and borrowed more money...

Do you know how to do time-lines? (Or just not realize obvious lies?)

Editing timeline... Give me a sec... (Ghetto detective work here, since that is acceptable in the forums it seems.)

C0Kez3R0 (6 posts)
Date Registered:   February 07, 2014, 08:08:08 PM

Order: 847
Item: 80 GH/s (received 1/10)
Item: 1.2TH/s (not received)
Ordered: 12/3/13

FEB 07/13, Registers
DEC 1/13, Rent Due (Sure he borrowed here... I'm gonna buy a money maker! Lend me some money! Look at that price!)
DEC 3/13, Orders miners (Has "enough left over")
JAN 1/14, Rent Due (Borrows money for rent, obviously didn't have enough.) ? rent not paid
JAN 10/14, Gets 80GHs miner
JAN 26/14, Still mining... (Making dollars a day! Paying dollars a day!)
FEB 1/14, Rent due again, Gets $350 electric bill too...  (Borrows more from GF, family) ? Rent not payed
FEB 10/14, Has mined a month with 80GHs (Still borrowing money)
FEB 21/14, (Evicted)... no rent... Huh
FEB 26/14, (Behind month rent, rent almost due again {2-months behind/borrowed}) ? evicted
MAR 1/14, Rent due again, Expecting another $350 electric bill too... (Would be $650 mining with 80GHs and 1.2THs now, if he got it.) ? evicted

Add "Got miner 1.2TH" at JAN 10/14... and rent would still be behind... money would still be borrowed... nothing would have changed, except he would be paying more electric bills.

The machine doesn't just start paying your bills for you once you start mining with it. You have to cash it in, wait for money to come, then spend it. It still will not make enough (immediately), to cover the original cost spent on it, within a month. Even if the value and diff never changed. His rent would still not have been paid, and his electric would have sucked up all gains first, then he would have to break-even, then finally "start to climb out of the hole".

Thus, lies... or truth, and put everyone at risk, for personal gain, inconsiderate of others. (Or dumb... but that would be harsh to say. He did invest in a BTC miner, that was smart! Just with everyone-else's money... which was also smart. But failed him. {Spending rent on a miner is spending your landlords money}, {Borrowing is spending others money}.)

So... White-knight Clenell... help him then... Otherwise your lack of help, only an "Awwweee" of sympathy, makes you as big of a douche as me. Because you know he is full of it, as much as we all do.

He is driving a hummer, holding out a cup, asking for change... because he can't afford the gas for his hummer.

No, reality is.. buyers remorse... (Should not have gotten a hummer) The rest is lies. Sure it sounded good in his head, as he typed it out though... Just doesn't add-up.

holy shit you got your feelings hurt didnt you? why so mad? take a valium and relax, you are way too high strung.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
clenell

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:04:08 PM

I've been lurking on these forums for a while now. I decided to plunge in and register and comment on my own experiences with AMT. I recently bought some hardware from AMT 12k worth of it. Before I took that plunge I called, got Jim on the line who answered my questions to my satisfaction. I also had emailed prior to that and got a response 24 hours later (I called because I wanted a quick answer). In both cases they were responsive.

I see alot of complaints about how they aren't responding and all that. That has not been my experience. After I put in the 12k and wired it to them per their instructions, I got an email confirming it was received the next business day. I also have been in communication with them since then (not pestering just requesting updates) I get the impression they are on track with their orders. Clearly they have a device as there are people who attest to having one. Now the build quality thats another story to tell.

This is a REALLY new industry exploding. Cryptocoin mining is a really new industry. Bleeding edge. As such there will be major growing pains and such. It will take the right kind of mindset to sort out the wheat from the chaff so to speak. There are scammers and there are new entrants who have work to do to improve their processes. But back to the point. My experience is such is that they are very much a startup. And companies like BFL and AMT are accepting preorders to fund development. In that sense they are pretty much the same as a kickstarter or indiegogo campaign. The difference is there is an escrow system there which provides piece of mind. But at the same time its part of the process. A year from now these issues will likely be in the past for most of these companies if their reputations survive it.

That being all said I also purchased from BFL. My experience with them has been pretty bad in terms of communications. It took them a full 6 weeks after I ordered to reply to my inquiries. As far as orders shipping they are saying March which was originally supposed to be January for my monarch. But the communication has been the worst part. I get setbacks in development. It happens especially when they are dependent on a vendor. But BFL never communicates that. I have not heard from AMT on this but I also have not inquired on it as my shipment is not technically late yet. I will once March is over as I was told my product would be ready 3rd week of March (I will be picking it up in person so I can provide more feedback around that time).

From a personal communications standpoint AMT has been really good to me personally. I don't go in yelling or pestering. They told me to check back with them in a few days after I emailed asking about what on-hold means. It just means its in process. Their systems are still tracking the order. Obviously they still have to tweak their own systems to work it out. Again I half expect these types of things. I did not get the impression they are going to cut and run. ESPECIALLY when they have already put themselves out there. It's monumental stupidity if they were a scam. Here are some things to think about.

As for the company registration, they likely are registered under another fictitious (Business name legal term) name. Happens all the time. They could be a subsidiary of one of the various bitcoin companies in PA.
Second if they did this they are documenting their downfall in a HUGE way. Remember these peoples names are out there. They now have digital footprint fictitious names or not they have IP addresses and physical locations. FBI can track them if this was the case as it would constitute interstate wire fraud (and even international) , I have this on excellent authority Wink. AND If they were scammers it would be HIGHLY unlikely they would be out in the open the way they are now. They would be operating very differently and would much much harder to track.

Just tossing in some perspective here. I can only comment to my own experience with AMT at this point. They have so far been consistent with communication. And to be fair they have an obligation to their PAYING customers to respond which in my case they have. Altho in some previous posts I noticed they responded to a person who took 6 weeks to pay AND even told him not to buy because of the potential situation it would create. That actually is plausible as I have my own business and have done the same things to people who would prove to be difficult. The money is not that important to me that I would have to endure all sorts of nonsense. Its their side of the story at least and they have communicated a timetable. Now we just hold them to their timetable and thats it.

As for people investing in hardware right now? My best advice is if you don't have the money to lose, don't spend it. Especially don't piss away your rent money on miners. Save up. I have to agree with ISAWHIM. I might not agree with HOW he said it but what he said has absolute merit. Not a douchebag, but someone with a reasonable head on his shoulders even if you don't agree with him. We are in a competitive market to make money. This is what mining is. There is a bit of Co-optition (Cooperative competition) but at the end of the day we are competing for getting all those coins. This is economic Darwinism.  That is something that will not change.

if i have to read one more "old lurker new poster" comment im gonna puke. are you serious AMT?  i feel so much better now. NO ONE BELIEVES YOU.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
sirminesalot

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:13:55 PM

Really curious what it will take for ISAWHIM to get worried about AMT & his pre order. Perhaps when he finally receives it 3 months late, and this is what he gets.

Let's see what happens.

Still waiting on the mysterious video from AMT.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:45:12 PM

I'm aware that it's not a box, PCBs, chips all mashed together with duct tape.

I'm attempting to hunt down their vendors in order to see if they are even attempting to make production happen.

Now I don't know if they are also assembling them "in house" or if they are getting a more capable entity to do that for them. That's what I'm wondering.

It does them squat to have components and not ship, as that is a big investment of their money. At least considering that by the time I ordered they had chips in hand based on the GPS evidence.

I'm just waiting to see what comes of it all. If I get a product in the time frame I  ordered it for great but I have 1 month plus a few days in that time frame. I'll be keeping an eye here to see if anyone receives tracking numbers before I head in and check it out my self.

If I can get a bead in on any other vendors they might be using for production I'll be making similar calls.
Dude,
Hunt down their brain capacity first. This is the only thing that matters. You can not measure it by GPS, pics and shit. You are the one to judge.
Just my 2 cents Wink

I was out of the electronics loop for a long time. 20 odd years ago I could work miracles with a soldering iron. But I don't know jack about SMT and the like, so I can't judge. But Jim at AMT seems to be the right guy for that sort of thing. This isn't a defense of their business practices, just an observation. He's a bright guy, but I haven't the modern knowledge to know HOW bright. If they really are designing their own, He is who I would think is doing it.
Jim Grin You are joking right?
Any way i am not arguing with you. He is a bright guy for sure the brightest one using duck tape (my post was edited before your quote)

I hope not. Frankly I'd like to wash my hands of this whole debacle, but I'd also like to see everyone made whole.

As for the duct tape...

I'm a redneck intellectual. Don't be disrespecting duct tape! There are three essential items in every tool box. Duct tape, WD-40, and JB weld.

If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40.
If it moves, shouldn't, and needs to be solid, use JBWeld!

...don't shoot, I think we all need a little humour at this juncture.

Humour, eh! Since when did a lazy redneck born and raised in the US decide to start exerting extra keystrokes to spell out non US English words?

Later, bud. BTW, just fuckin' with you, and love your recent family addition. Personally, I would have given her the middle name B. Just the letter B sans a period. Ironically, that's exactly what my daughter's middle name is--"B"--born April 1, 1979. I'd leave it to the sleuths in discovering her real first name, albeit I already penned its alternate spelling.

~TMIBTCITW
I didn't say I was a lazy redneck. I said I'm a redneck intellectual! Cheesy

And the british spelling looks cool.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:52:56 PM

Whatever... You are still the douchebag of the year.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:37:34 AM

All right, all orders from 500-600 are now shipped. Who's got a tracking number?

Buy & Hold
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:51:20 AM

I've been lurking on these forums for a while now. I decided to plunge in and register and comment on my own experiences with AMT. I recently bought some hardware from AMT 12k worth of it. Before I took that plunge I called, got Jim on the line who answered my questions to my satisfaction. I also had emailed prior to that and got a response 24 hours later (I called because I wanted a quick answer). In both cases they were responsive.

I see alot of complaints about how they aren't responding and all that. That has not been my experience. After I put in the 12k and wired it to them per their instructions, I got an email confirming it was received the next business day. I also have been in communication with them since then (not pestering just requesting updates) I get the impression they are on track with their orders. Clearly they have a device as there are people who attest to having one. Now the build quality thats another story to tell.

This is a REALLY new industry exploding. Cryptocoin mining is a really new industry. Bleeding edge. As such there will be major growing pains and such. It will take the right kind of mindset to sort out the wheat from the chaff so to speak. There are scammers and there are new entrants who have work to do to improve their processes. But back to the point. My experience is such is that they are very much a startup. And companies like BFL and AMT are accepting preorders to fund development. In that sense they are pretty much the same as a kickstarter or indiegogo campaign. The difference is there is an escrow system there which provides piece of mind. But at the same time its part of the process. A year from now these issues will likely be in the past for most of these companies if their reputations survive it.

That being all said I also purchased from BFL. My experience with them has been pretty bad in terms of communications. It took them a full 6 weeks after I ordered to reply to my inquiries. As far as orders shipping they are saying March which was originally supposed to be January for my monarch. But the communication has been the worst part. I get setbacks in development. It happens especially when they are dependent on a vendor. But BFL never communicates that. I have not heard from AMT on this but I also have not inquired on it as my shipment is not technically late yet. I will once March is over as I was told my product would be ready 3rd week of March (I will be picking it up in person so I can provide more feedback around that time).

From a personal communications standpoint AMT has been really good to me personally. I don't go in yelling or pestering. They told me to check back with them in a few days after I emailed asking about what on-hold means. It just means its in process. Their systems are still tracking the order. Obviously they still have to tweak their own systems to work it out. Again I half expect these types of things. I did not get the impression they are going to cut and run. ESPECIALLY when they have already put themselves out there. It's monumental stupidity if they were a scam. Here are some things to think about.

As for the company registration, they likely are registered under another fictitious (Business name legal term) name. Happens all the time. They could be a subsidiary of one of the various bitcoin companies in PA.
Second if they did this they are documenting their downfall in a HUGE way. Remember these peoples names are out there. They now have digital footprint fictitious names or not they have IP addresses and physical locations. FBI can track them if this was the case as it would constitute interstate wire fraud (and even international) , I have this on excellent authority Wink. AND If they were scammers it would be HIGHLY unlikely they would be out in the open the way they are now. They would be operating very differently and would much much harder to track.

Just tossing in some perspective here. I can only comment to my own experience with AMT at this point. They have so far been consistent with communication. And to be fair they have an obligation to their PAYING customers to respond which in my case they have. Altho in some previous posts I noticed they responded to a person who took 6 weeks to pay AND even told him not to buy because of the potential situation it would create. That actually is plausible as I have my own business and have done the same things to people who would prove to be difficult. The money is not that important to me that I would have to endure all sorts of nonsense. Its their side of the story at least and they have communicated a timetable. Now we just hold them to their timetable and thats it.

As for people investing in hardware right now? My best advice is if you don't have the money to lose, don't spend it. Especially don't piss away your rent money on miners. Save up. I have to agree with ISAWHIM. I might not agree with HOW he said it but what he said has absolute merit. Not a douchebag, but someone with a reasonable head on his shoulders even if you don't agree with him. We are in a competitive market to make money. This is what mining is. There is a bit of Co-optition (Cooperative competition) but at the end of the day we are competing for getting all those coins. This is economic Darwinism.  That is something that will not change.

if i have to read one more "old lurker new poster" comment im gonna puke. are you serious AMT?  i feel so much better now. NO ONE BELIEVES YOU.

Thought I would reply to this. I really see no point as you see I am a shill but I will reply anyway and leave it at this post. I had to create a new account my other one for whatever reason is borked (opieum). But here goes. No I don't work for AMT I have no connection to them other than I am order 1463 in their system. I did my homework on them however before going into this. I have my own resources. For the "super-slueths" on here who think its a scam you overlooked something. If you are in the US and have EVER started a corporation you would know that for the tax benefits you start a corporation in Delaware as its a legit way of doing things. Must transnational corporations are lsited there. . They are not listed in PA because they are not registered there. I did my own digging and found this before I went in to buy my miner. I have started 3 companies of my own in the past. 2 of those were done in Delaware since the first one I was young and didn't know any better and I didn't have the financial partner to point that fact out to me at the time.

File Number:    5341525    Incorporation Date / Formation Date:    05/29/2013
(mm/dd/yyyy)
Entity Name:    ADVANCED MINING TECHNOLOGIES INC
Entity Kind:    CORPORATION    Entity Type:    GENERAL
Residency:    DOMESTIC    State:    DE

REGISTERED AGENT INFORMATION

Name:    BUSINESS FILINGS INCORPORATED
Address:    108 WEST 13TH ST
City:    WILMINGTON    County:    NEW CASTLE
State:    DE      Postal Code:    19801
Phone:    (800)981-7183

Oh and as a test and validation of what I said about corporations listings there search for google on https://delecorp.delaware.gov/tin/controller most of google and its subsidiaries are listed in delaware.

Now its easy enough to talk alot of crap. But at least get your facts straight about a company before smearing them seeing as in the US they can come at you for libel (and legally win see some cases with Yelp if you dont believe me). Again I am NOT an AMT employee but I am a customer. I see alot of people on here flaming and trolling without any real substance to back it up. I almost started to believe the so called "facts" until I started doing my own digging. They are a registered corporation that was enough for me. It means they have a legitimate presence in the US.

Are they late on their promised shipments? Yes shit happens especially in the tech world. They are dependent on their suppliers, or its an internal issue I don't know. I just know that as far as I am concerned my order is still coming. I am currently dealing with the same shit with BFL also (admittedly I am far less happy with them because of what I paid AND the massive delay there). Because of the preorder nature of this its par for the course. Sad that we have to deal with that but at least AMT has a guarantee in place vs BFL which is one of the reasons I chose them. That and they are local to me (I am in NY state), I have to deal with the late stuff. As long as I get what I ordered I will manage to make it work. Thats the nature of things at times.

Are they poor with the communications? That depends if it means replying to trolls and flamers in this thread it makes no sense why they would waste time on doing that. As a business owner myself I wouldn't waste my time responding to what appears to be a bunch of people who are threatning lawsuits and calling them a scam. I would be distancing myself from that to avoid ANY of that crap. @clenell you got called out a few pages ago for not even paying on time. You were pestering them and they even told you they didn't want your business because they knew you were an inexperienced miner based on the conversations you had. Based on what I have read its clear you have no sense at all of how this all works and dealing with a new market so I will hazard a guess that the conversations really happened. All I know is you haven't really denied that even happened so its pretty clear to me they got you dead to rights.

Are they the cheapest per GHs? Not really. BUT while as important as that is to me, I feel better knowing they are local and I can go pick up the miners and drop them in my colo whenever I want. This is an important advantage to me. And I am willing to pay for that. If they deliver on time...or even a week late I will be perfectly ok with that. Shit happens and with the recent north east snowstorms I can see how delays could have hit them.

The only people who at this point have a legitimate right to bitch and moan are paying customers like myself who have yet to receive their miners. And well my order isn't late yet, as its clearly stated March 31st or before on their site (and according to their timeline I would be expecting something mid march as they promised). I will join the growing masses of people complaining if I have no miners by March 31st. But until then AMT has been nothing but communicative with me and providing updates as they can. I haven't had to wait long either I get replies within a couple of hours by email and 2 out of the 3 times I called I got Jim on the line. I send a well written and POLITE email not accusing them of being scammers. It gets simple pleasant results. I don't need to threaten with lawyers and all that dumb shit. All it does is put people on defensive. Why would they want to answer someone who just threatened them with legal action?

Too many people here are having knee jerk reactions. We already know they are sending machines out. There is another thread that shows some people have gotten their orders or they have been shipped. People have them its already been proven. Doubt they are a scam. Now again how they conduct buisness is another story. BUT they have ZERO obligation to really interact with people on here seeing the flak they are getting. Why would they go out of their way to feed the trolls and flamers? (>dons firemans suit<)

All I have seen from sirminesalot and clenell are insults. Nothing of real substance. You have contributed NOTHING of value but toxic attitudes that benefit noone. If anything my thought is more along the lines that you might also be shills for their competition. Since you are quick to accuse others of being shills for AMT if they have ANYTHING favorable to say the same could be said of you in reverse. Who do YOU work for? You would nt be the first misinformation and FUD PR people to do this crap. Microsoft is an OLD hat at it. They hired companies for that to bash Linux for the longest time. This is apparent for anyone familiar with the tactics. Am I coming to AMT's defense? partially. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt at this point. They have not ignored me. They have not given me any reason to distrust them. IMO they at least deserve a shot. All I know is for every order canceled it just means i will get my order that much faster. AND it just means I get the early shot at the hashing power while the haters hate and find more delays with other mining hardware elsewhere.

But because of this thread its got me thinking on one thing. I do agree there is a problem with companies in general. Time in the case of bitcoin is literally money. The longer we wait the harder it gets to mine and all that. I have a potential solution for the delay problems with the various manufacturers. I wont say anything more as I have no interest in playing my hand too early. Once I am ready I will formally announce it in a new thread. But I am providing a potential solution to a problem not creating more problems with useless commentary.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
clenell

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:33:32 AM

opeeum... again no one believes you. two posts, old lurker, create excuses for AMT and their absolute lack of customer service, gtfo here man. you have all ready wasted too much time defending people you "supposedly" have no connection too. You know what? you remind me of myself 2 months ago. i was all gung-ho for AMT until  they fucked me in the ass. these guys do not have a fucking clue how to run a business. i suggest you shut up and lurk a little longer until your delivery date. in the meanwhile let those of us who have had to experience the misfortune of dealing with AMT tell the world what assholes they are. You even went so far as to suggest we are slandering these people - that was all the convincing I needed to know you are just another shell AMT account. time to create another shill account... you blew your cover. i also love all the AMT talking points they vomited all over this thread in the beginning.

captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:34:19 AM

The only people who at this point have a legitimate right to bitch and moan are paying customers like myself who have yet to receive their miners. And well my order isn't late yet, as its clearly stated March 31st or before on their site (and according to their timeline I would be expecting something mid march as they promised). I will join the growing masses of people complaining if I have no miners by March 31st. But until then AMT has been nothing but communicative with me and providing updates as they can. I haven't had to wait long either I get replies within a couple of hours by email and 2 out of the 3 times I called I got Jim on the line. I send a well written and POLITE email not accusing them of being scammers. It gets simple pleasant results. I don't need to threaten with lawyers and all that dumb shit. All it does is put people on defensive. Why would they want to answer someone who just threatened them with legal action?

Wow, you are going to wait till your ship date to get impatient. Try waiting till may 31st. 2 months of lost profit on time sensitive equipment.

I think some of us on here have legitimate concerns as to whether we will ever see our investment again.

Its Wednesday, who has their tracking numbers. (crickets chirping)

[size=100pt]AMT this would be a good time to chime in and let us know whats going on before the flames start getting to big again.[/size]

edit: should be bigger but you get the point

clenell

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:36:58 AM

Wow, you are going to wait till your ship date to get impatient. Try waiting till may 31st. 2 months of lost profit on time sensitive equipment.

I think some of us on here have legitimate concerns as to whether we will ever see our investment again.

Its Wednesday, who has their tracking numbers. (crickets chirping)

[size=100pt]AMT this would be a good time to chime in and let us know whats going on before the flames start getting to big again.[/size]

i love the part "i sent polite emails and got a response"... you are a god damn liar.

clenell

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:37:53 AM

All right, all orders from 500-600 are now shipped. Who's got a tracking number?

narank patel would have posted by now if he had his miner.

"crickets"

Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: