Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:08:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bi•Fury | 5 GH/s USB Miner [IN STOCK!] {SALE !}  (Read 304792 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:12:04 PM

Hello guys,

I need your help. Three days ago I have bought Bi fury 5GH, but I have some issues. My computer (win7) cant recognize it in USB 3.0, it can recognize as Unknown Device. I tried install many recommened drivers but nothing helped. My computer can easly recognize Bi fury in USB 2. Do you think that another FIRMWARE is needed?

Thank you for your help. 

just install drivers while it's plugged to usb 2.0 port, then switch to 3.0 port, drivers should be loaded already

I did it but USB3.0 says Unknown Device and if i plug it back to USB2.0 it can recognize as Bi fury.
But i have another problem.
Even if it is plugged to USB 2... cgminer, sgminer, bfgminer still crashed after start... after start bat file it just appeard for a sec terminal.. Do you know how to fix it? i am trying two days fix it...
when i turn on cgminer and then plug bifury i got this error
https://imagize[Suspicious link removed]ageshack.us/v2/647x496q90/62/wo82.jpg

are you using usb port on computer or usb powered hub?
do you have fan to cool it down?
have you used 'zadig.exe' to load 'winUSB' driver?
are you plugging in after starting cgminer?

I am using usb extender, but i tried it in usb2 and usb 3 too, so i dont know if it is a problem using it through extender.
I have Artic breeze fan.
I reinstal driver with zadig
It doesnt matter if i plug it after or before.... but in beginning it didnt say that there is some error just it has 0 hash speed
There are some photos...
http://imageshack.com/a/img163/8827/pp9j.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img856/2845/e8pf.jpg

it should work, it seems you've done everything correct.

have you tried it without the usb extender?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goldfuture

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:15:04 PM

Hello guys,

I need your help. Three days ago I have bought Bi fury 5GH, but I have some issues. My computer (win7) cant recognize it in USB 3.0, it can recognize as Unknown Device. I tried install many recommened drivers but nothing helped. My computer can easly recognize Bi fury in USB 2. Do you think that another FIRMWARE is needed?

Thank you for your help. 

just install drivers while it's plugged to usb 2.0 port, then switch to 3.0 port, drivers should be loaded already

I did it but USB3.0 says Unknown Device and if i plug it back to USB2.0 it can recognize as Bi fury.
But i have another problem.
Even if it is plugged to USB 2... cgminer, sgminer, bfgminer still crashed after start... after start bat file it just appeard for a sec terminal.. Do you know how to fix it? i am trying two days fix it...
when i turn on cgminer and then plug bifury i got this error
https://imagize[Suspicious link removed]ageshack.us/v2/647x496q90/62/wo82.jpg

are you using usb port on computer or usb powered hub?
do you have fan to cool it down?
have you used 'zadig.exe' to load 'winUSB' driver?
are you plugging in after starting cgminer?

I am using usb extender, but i tried it in usb2 and usb 3 too, so i dont know if it is a problem using it through extender.
I have Artic breeze fan.
I reinstal driver with zadig
It doesnt matter if i plug it after or before.... but in beginning it didnt say that there is some error just it has 0 hash speed
There are some photos...
http://imageshack.com/a/img163/8827/pp9j.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img856/2845/e8pf.jpg

it should work, it seems you've done everything correct.

have you tried it without the usb extender?

yes i tried.
Now i tried reinstall driver again. Unplug and then plug bi fury back and then start cgminer... now there is no error but speed is zero. it is not mining http://imageshack.com/a/img716/8349/x7jr.jpg

I was thinking about new firmware. I tried put pins together and after plug it how it is in pdf guide but bi fury didnt open like some storage.. hmm
Bearclaw

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:03:21 PM

I was thinking about new firmware. I tried put pins together and after plug it how it is in pdf guide but bi fury didnt open like some storage.. hmm

You have to keep the contacts closed until Windows recognizes it a a drive and you see it appear in explorer. The first time always take a bit longer...
goldfuture

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:08:10 PM

You have to keep the contacts closed until Windows recognizes it a a drive and you see it appear in explorer. The first time always take a bit longer...
I flashed it twice, but still same problem... :/
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 12:52:10 AM

Now i tried reinstall driver again. Unplug and then plug bi fury back and then start cgminer... now there is no error but speed is zero. it is not mining http://imageshack.com/a/img716/8349/x7jr.jpg

If the driver is detected and working correctly and speed is zero you don't have enough power. These suck a LOT of power.

Also that version of cgminer is ancient, use a newer one (but that's not your problem).

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:15:41 AM

What you should do is get a better hub as ckolivas said as they do need a steady full powered port.
The 2nd thing is to remove all the drivers and get rid of that cgminer it is old.
Re-install the correct drivers for BFGMiner.  Once it is all setup download MultiMiner and use that to run your miners.
It has an easy to use GUI and will help you out a ton.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248173.0
Also a link to his website for MultiMiner with driver links and setup instructions.
I hope this helps you out.

I flashed it twice, but still same problem... :/

BitOp3000

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:55:52 AM

I'm having a similar problem.  Running Windows 7 x64.  I successfully updated my Bi*Fury's firmware, but it's still not being recognized in my USB 3.0 or 2.0 ports.  I can't get the driver loaded from Zadig and if I try to run CGMiner 4.0.0 anyway, it just constantly shows 0.00 GH/s...

Your quite correct.
I had that happen the first time I tried it as well.
Then I flashed it and it was good but a bit buggy so I flashed again and it worked great ever since.
Hopefully that can be added to the direction page for everyone.

I think there's a small but important point missing in the description of the Firmware flash process :

- you need to keep those contacts closed all the way until the System recognizes it as Storage Device, installs/initializes USB Storage driver and opens appropiate Window on the Desktop/Device Icon appears - basically until the found storage device is clearly ready to use. This will take at least several seconds.

Letting go too early or temporarily losing the short circuit (can be a bit tricky to keep it closed all the time) just for an instant won't make the LED light up again (making it look like everything works as planned) but interrupts the whole process and will cause various errors in terms of device handling.
goldfuture

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:00:07 PM

If the driver is detected and working correctly and speed is zero you don't have enough power. These suck a LOT of power.

Also that version of cgminer is ancient, use a newer one (but that's not your problem).

You was right. It is working now. Thank you very much. The problem was with power..
Can I have another question? What kind of steady full powered port (hub) could you recommend me? Something price/performance? Something cheaper, because I am new "miner" and i have just one bi fury yet. If it will work i will rather buy Antiminer.
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:15:03 PM

Try to buy an anker or i run them to much cheaper tecknet

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet%C2%AE-Power-Adapter-Cable-Chipset/dp/B00DCO9YVM

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
goldfuture

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:56:10 PM

Try to buy an anker or i run them to much cheaper tecknet

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet%C2%AE-Power-Adapter-Cable-Chipset/dp/B00DCO9YVM

thank you, but i have a problem with usb 3.0 on my computer because it cant recognize the device so i am afraid to buy it... anyway

how is it possible that it can run lets say 5GH via usb 2 that is cca 480mb/s... so does somebody know what data goes through it? does it do some upload?
and another question is. Can I mine with bi fury other currency like digitalcoin or just bitcoin?

thank you 
Felipeo (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 262

EOSABC

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:53:15 PM

Can I mine with bi fury other currency like digitalcoin or just bitcoin?

thank you 

You can mine all SHA 256 coins with Bi•Fury

◆Telegram  ♠️ ♣️ ♥️ ♦️    www.eosabc.io   ♦️ ♣️ ♥️ ♠️  ◆Whitepaper
♠️   EOSABC redefine games with blockchain   ♠️
♥️  Win EOS on eosabc.io Everyday    ♥️
codrm86

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:03:13 PM

Hi, what about refund for my order? I write three consecutive days to info@cryptostore.io, but there is still no response.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:36:12 PM

Yes it works with SHA-256 coins.
It will not do scrypt coins though.

Can I mine with bi fury other currency like digitalcoin or just bitcoin?

thank you 

You can mine all SHA 256 coins with Bi•Fury

rallasnackbar

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:19:17 PM

Is it possible to overclock them in some way?? Running mine for some time now, and with the cooling i got, they are steady at 33C  so i wonder if i could get more ghash of them.
Bearclaw

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:38:09 PM

Is it possible to overclock them in some way?? Running mine for some time now, and with the cooling i got, they are steady at 33C  so i wonder if i could get more ghash of them.

Yes it is possible to overclock them.  I believe cgminer automatically tries to overclock them up to the thermal limit of their firmware.  With bfgminer you can set the oscillator bits from the "M"anage devices menu and selecting your Bi•Fury and hitting "O"scillator bits to change the setting.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:56:30 PM

I use MultiMiner and have had mine clocked as high as 6.3 gh/s, the sweet spot has been 5.6 to 5.8 gh/s, low to no errors and stable.

rallasnackbar

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:58:47 PM

I use MultiMiner and have had mine clocked as high as 6.3 gh/s, the sweet spot has been 5.6 to 5.8 gh/s, low to no errors and stable.

Wish i could do that with cgminer... :S
Felipeo (OP)

EOSABC

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:15:00 PM

Hi, what about refund for my order? I write three consecutive days to info@cryptostore.io, but there is still no response.

I don't know PM me with order details. I will check it.

codrm86

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:05:36 PM

I sent you PM with order details. Please check it.
Felipeo (OP)

EOSABC

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:08:40 PM

I sent you PM with order details. Please check it.

I checked and situation was cleared, thanks for info

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: