Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:48:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know project scam or not?  (Read 1660 times)
jaklis43 (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:14:33 AM

Hello, i am newbie and want to know how i could check projects if they are good or bad, is there ways to know about that?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drogba773

Activity: 294
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:26:54 AM

After what happened with Vionex, i dont know anything at all. It was the best prepared scam ever.
Reez

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:43:33 AM

Seriously speaking you can never know. Look at projects like Bitconnect or Comodo. Even if they have the greatest white papers and are promising you glory. They don't have any value in the real world. Unless they have a working product to show case. All those promises are nothing but ashes.
tarangogu

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:46:29 AM

Most important thing is team and team’s works  in the past for the project scam or not. You can examine twitter account, website and whitepaper. You can understand scam project with these.
jaklis43 (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:51:07 AM

After what happened with Vionex, i dont know anything at all. It was the best prepared scam ever.
yeah, i was watching vionex and than one day they just close all(
gunungkembar

Activity: 545
Merit: 43

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:56:44 AM

Hello, i am newbie and want to know how i could check projects if they are good or bad, is there ways to know about that?

you can find out the scam ICO project by not giving them accurate whitepaper information and having an inexperienced team and no linkedin and no smart contract code source in github.
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:00:28 AM

..you can determine the project if its good or not   by seeking some good feedback on their sites such telegram, twitter,  or on other websites, 'cause indeed the most important information about the project will be found on their sites , so if you're looking for a good project read some comments or feedback from the crowd before anything else.  .
FinbarAdley

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:02:10 AM

1-readwhitepaper

2-look up their development team.

3-ask other users(members).

4-also look up their social accounts.
invo

Activity: 535

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:14:25 AM

just investigate about that particular campaign. check their background, their platforms, investigate about the team who builds the project. and see who their partners was. see also their roadmap, and decide for yourself if you are satisfied with the informations you gather.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
gabdel1

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:24:58 AM

1- Easiest way to tell is the team: If the team members are respectable veterans in the space, then you can bet the project will fly even if for a short period of time after the ICO

2- Project itself: Most projects out there are vaporware. Read the whitepaper: First of all, you need to understand how blockchain works, then looking at the whitepaper see if the project idea would benefit from the blockchain technology, or if it is a new blockchain project, try to find out what will set them apart from other blockchain technology that already exist and are working great already

3- Best to invest in fields you understand. You're less likely to get scammed reading a whitepaper of a project in your field of expertise. Some of them can be technical, and you understanding the technical aspect of it, you will be able to tell if it is legit, or just a pile of fancy BS.

Good luck, and try not to get scammed!
HighlanderMonk

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:30:36 AM

Check out the quality of the project, usually, scam projects don't have the best quality. Most of the good ICO do not have bounty as well. Also look up the history of developers of the project you interested in.
sonphamuser

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:41:57 AM

In my way, I will find out if the team is real, and indeed they are working on this project or not, because there are some ico scam took the information on the linked. Next, I will find out if anyone has been angel investor for this project, as many listed investors show that the project is real (but not 100 percent sure).
muhdatha

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:56:12 AM

Most important thing is team and team’s works  in the past for the project scam or not. You can examine twitter account, website and whitepaper. You can understand scam project with these.
Yeah. One ICO have collected almost $1 million before someone understood one of Dev on photo is a Hollywood actor Edward Norton Smiley

5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:57:41 AM

For a super safe project you can see if the CEO or developer has done an interview on youtube therefore minimising the risk A public figure will ensure that the project will not suffer from an exit scam as he or she is there for everyone to see. Here is an example of a good project worth investing in (just a few cents right now!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcJGdSP8oN0   https://yobit.net/en/trade/TLX/BTC

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:06:56 AM

In order to distinguish scam project from real one I read carefully whitepaper and finf information about the team. The project should be represented by professionals in the IT field. It is also important to learn about the sponsors of the project, whether they are at all and who they are. It is worthwhile to see whether the project is presented on the exchange of currency. You can also search for feedback on the project, consult with those who are already involved.
Serg22

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:48:09 AM

Even if you have read everything about the project and it has not caused any negative reaction, this is not the reason that the project is not scammers and they will pay you. It happens that you participate in the project, then begin to change the rules, the calculation of payments last for months, find many reasons not to pay for the work done. Find out the scammers or not, only after they pay for your work.
Necroface

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

simply getting the job done

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 12:01:52 PM

You can never be sure but check their project, then team, then whitepaper, then max supply, then their airdrop and bounty program, then telegram, then if they answer questions quickly and trustable, then website, then ... in the end pray my friend.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                      
                                                    ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:15:36 PM

Scammers are getting better in doing this, specially ICO. Even those who have a working business does not assure you that it will not be a scam or will take care of their investors. Look at cartaxi, it was promising, have a live business but seems they do not know how to take care their investors or hodler.

jusertvaz

Activity: 428

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:34:39 PM

Hi, I think to understand a reliable project or not, you need to learn about it as much information as possible. Find out what the purpose of the project is, what it will be useful for society, to find out what kind of people are behind the project. If the creators promise a very large profit in a short time, then most likely they lie. If the organizers of the project insistently ask to invite their friends and acquaintances, then most likely they again lie.

VB32Bit

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:41:18 PM

I have been looking at the teams' Linkedin information to verify that they're real people.

Then I check out if they have a working product.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: