Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:02:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite FPGA/ASIC miner  (Read 32778 times)
wudafuxup

Activity: 391
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:20:57 AM

price is too high) only one achievement - low power consumption)

Umm...

20 KH/s for $3600?

To build a GPU rig to do that you would need 10 Vegas... Those are $900 each and use 220 watts each at least, so...

10 x $900 + $600 (rest of rig) = $9,600 for the equivalent GPU rig...

Daily run time cost....

Baikal - $0.14 @ $0.10 per KWh
Vega - $5.28 @ $0.10 per KWh...

I'm still not buying one and hope it isn't true...

No.. If you bought vega 56s at launch (like I did). You would have 10X vega 56 = 4000USD @ 18kh/s. Vega 56s can easily hit 150W @ 2kh/s. His statement is fairly accurate. Hashing wise it's not that impressive. It's the power consumption where there's a big difference.

I like crypto
wudafuxup

Activity: 391

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:24:08 AM

What's the most profitable cryptonight coin at the moment that's not monero?

Look at here, there are more coins and Monero is far to be the most profitable

https://www.cryptunit.com

The profitability there is deceptive. Many of those coins do not have the volume to support large scale ASIC use. Monero, perhaps ETN and Sumo might support some but the rest could not.

There are only 2 coins that can even remotely support the hashrate these things can muster. Those two are Monero (which already made it clear they're forking against this ASIC) and ETN (not sure if they're going to fork against or not). Every single other coin can barely break 1 BTC daily volume. It's a joke. You're legit stranded with an ASIC that has just about the most limited number of coins algorithm wise.

I like crypto
Shoostah

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:33:22 AM

What's the most profitable cryptonight coin at the moment that's not monero?

https://i.imgur.com/tbc0u5C.jpg

Look at here, there are more coins and Monero is far to be the most profitable

https://www.cryptunit.com

The profitability there is deceptive. Many of those coins do not have the volume to support large scale ASIC use. Monero, perhaps ETN and Sumo might support some but the rest could not.

There are only 2 coins that can even remotely support the hashrate these things can muster. Those two are Monero (which already made it clear they're forking against this ASIC) and ETN (not sure if they're going to fork against or not). Every single other coin can barely break 1 BTC daily volume. It's a joke. You're legit stranded with an ASIC that has just about the most limited number of coins algorithm wise.
I wouldn't say it's the most limited, but it certainly isn't the most profitable. My guess is that it was just easier to engineer an ASIC for than anything else that is semi-popular. I certainly hope that most coins' devs have at least some common sense and move to another algorithm.
Mattthev (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 08:19:52 AM

I've ordered only 1 to test it if it's really true. Since I've made here few guides for Cryptonight mining and also bios modding. I'm not very happy from Cryptonight ASICs to be honest... If it will arrive before Monero hardfork I will test Monero if not then ETN, SUMO, KRB,...
They haven't let me know anymore details for now, I hope there is also the laptop PSU included or at least the PSU adapter I don't have any spare PC PSU, but some laptop PSU I do have Cheesy

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
Rackam74

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:28:24 AM

I've ordered only 1 to test it if it's really true. Since I've made here few guides for Cryptonight mining and also bios modding. I'm not very happy from Cryptonight ASICs to be honest... If it will arrive before Monero hardfork I will test Monero if not then ETN, SUMO, KRB,...
They haven't let me know anymore details for now, I hope there is also the laptop PSU included or at least the PSU adapter I don't have any spare PC PSU, but some laptop PSU I do have Cheesy

Where did you order it? Asicminermarket?
yobigd20

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:30:17 AM

this has got to be one of the  "dumbest" asics out there.  you can build an amd gpu rig to mine 20MH for about the same price.   sure, the power consumption is higher on a gpu rig, but it least I won't be stuck with a $5000 piece of trash when all cryptonight coins hard fork to follow monero so that they can't be mined by this thing.
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:39:05 AM

this has got to be one of the  "dumbest" asics out there.  you can build an amd gpu rig to mine 20MH for about the same price.   sure, the power consumption is higher on a gpu rig, but it least I won't be stuck with a $5000 piece of trash when all cryptonight coins hard fork to follow monero so that they can't be mined by this thing.

im pretty sure they want to  just get rid of their hardware before it becomes complete useless, suddenly the forks will only hurt people who buy this and small miners.
Baikal is for sure already building new miners for the new cryptonight algo v7...so difficulty will stay high or raise even more on all cryptonight coins

i bet my balls the hashrate grow overall cryptonight coins was by asic miners behind closed doors and the minority by botnets

Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 08:52:04 AM

Yes, from there.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
Gunna01

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:18:08 AM

You are not building a gpu rig for $3600 that can do 20kh/s
isnurfirly

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:22:13 AM

thats baikal will ruin crypto world, hopefully all will forked and change the algo ..
thedue

Activity: 662
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:28:47 AM

Yes, from there.

Hope for the best... Asicminermarket is not know for shipping your items quickly..
sylabis

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:31:33 AM

im pretty sure they want to  just get rid of their hardware before it becomes complete useless, suddenly the forks will only hurt people who buy this and small miners.
Baikal is for sure already building new miners for the new cryptonight algo v7...so difficulty will stay high or raise even more on all cryptonight coins

i bet my balls the hashrate grow overall cryptonight coins was by asic miners behind closed doors and the minority by botnets

Does anyone actually know the specific ASIC related changes being made in Cryptonight V7? They have't even be published yet have they?

Moreno botnet= False flag
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 09:36:01 AM

Does anyone actually know the specific ASIC related changes being made in Cryptonight V7? They have't even be published yet have they?

Somebody already did PR for XMR-STAK with needed changes, but it might not be final.
https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/pull/1126

Hope for the best... Asicminermarket is not know for shipping your items quickly..
Yeah, I heard, but it says 72 hours shipping, would be great Cheesy

Shoostah

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:28:02 AM

Somebody already did PR for XMR-STAK with needed changes, but it might not be final.
https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/pull/1126

Yeah, I heard, but it says 72 hours shipping, would be great Cheesy
Probably 72 hours after they receive the batch from Baikal Tongue
invisiblefriend321

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:13:38 AM

im not huge on ASIC for all the reasons many are ..

but for the coins to each fork when threatened is no business plan to follow ..

competition is healthy ... we must embrace the changes ahead --

just as we have watched society accept crypto slowly but true !

namaste
garytheasshole

Activity: 406

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 11:29:04 AM

So is it a FPGA or ASIC? Or it has gender identity crisis?

Shoostah

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:43:36 AM

Can't know for sure until people start publishing tear downs.
GD199

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:54:22 AM

saw that tooo most of the coins will hardfork to kill this...i would not recommend anyone buying it...i can confirm that i got the same responce mail today...
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 12:00:38 PM

It should be FPGA since it support 2 algos. Just like other Baikals.

whoismoses

Activity: 247
Merit: 59

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:01:45 PM

No.. If you bought vega 56s at launch (like I did). You would have 10X vega 56 = 4000USD @ 18kh/s. Vega 56s can easily hit 150W @ 2kh/s. His statement is fairly accurate. Hashing wise it's not that impressive. It's the power consumption where there's a big difference.

I get that you bought vega at launch. However if you were going to build today you would have to pay way more.

I'd say if someone created a miner that costs 1/3 of today's prices for video cards, people would be excited to buy...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: