Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:34:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite FPGA/ASIC miner  (Read 32778 times)
whoismoses

Activity: 247
Merit: 59

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:43:39 PM

Please build me a GPU rig that can do 20MH with using $4500 Grin.
I know you meant 20kH Wink

I'd like to see this also.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 11:40:28 PM

Remember guys, the main proposal of cryptos in general is Decentralization

Asics and big farms are total against Decentralization, we are losing focus here, we can say NO to every Asic and DO NOT BUY these craps

Totally agree!!! Plus, just about EVERY cryptonote coin has used "anti ASIC" or "ASIC resistant" as one of their selling points. It's time for every one of these projects to live up to that promise and support the CPU/GPU miners that have built them up. 

We have to spread this, lets see what devs will do to prevent Asics

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
.F.

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:29:20 AM

Asics and big farms are total against Decentralization, we are losing focus here, we can say NO to every Asic and DO NOT BUY these craps

Totally agree!!! Plus, just about EVERY cryptonote coin has used "anti ASIC" or "ASIC resistant" as one of their selling points. It's time for every one of these projects to live up to that promise and support the CPU/GPU miners that have built them up. 

Sorry - GPU mining is dying off. Let's accept it and move on...

Sr.Urbanist

Activity: 315
Merit: 120

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:42:48 AM

... and, unfortunately, all those who bought GPUs as a hedge because "you can always resell them to gamers if the market goes to shit" will flood the market beyond saturation for gaming.

It seems to be more profitable for the mining manufacturers to add new algos than faster BTC miners.   
Gunna01

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:11:52 AM

... and, unfortunately, all those who bought GPUs as a hedge because "you can always resell them to gamers if the market goes to shit" will flood the market beyond saturation for gaming.

It seems to be more profitable for the mining manufacturers to add new algos than faster BTC miners.   

I'm curious if there will be a downtrend in GPU mining like has previously happened and public interest dies off as Crypto falls out of mainstream news. Once the uptrend starts again GPU mining becomes profitable for a new algo\coin and Crypto hits the mainstream again
CryptoPicknAxe

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:22:43 AM

The Monero project isn't accepting it. The new IPBC coin isn't either. I really hope the other CN coins get on board. The software side of this equation doesn't have to accept it, it just has to have the will to fight.
Mrsmoker

Activity: 89

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:37:25 AM

NVIDIA users laugh on this post Grin
ikicha

Activity: 788
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:06:45 AM

Monero announce to fork for new algorithm to prevent this baikal shit asic.
Ipbc too, and i hope this shit will be destroyed
Spill

Activity: 94
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:51:20 AM

Well it looks like the scumbags at baikal have been mining 75% of all the new monero
blocks for the past 3 months, and now that the monero team is forking,  the only coin worthwhile
will be unmineable to them i guess thats why baikal is dumping all these miners now.
whitefire990
Copper Member

Activity: 166
Merit: 84

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:39:08 AM

Well it looks like the scumbags at baikal have been mining 75% of all the new monero
blocks for the past 3 months, and now that the monero team is forking,  the only coin worthwhile
will be unmineable to them i guess thats why baikal is dumping all these miners now.

This is very interesting.  Cryptonight mined by Vega cards used to be (by far) the most profitable mining setup.  Then, despite the fact of a total shortage of Vega cards, difficulty on the cryptonight coins went up, and the Vega cards became way less profitable, despite no more Vega cards supplied to the market.  Which agrees with your statement that the increased difficulty was due to Baikal mining.

However, in my opinion Electroneum has a very bright future.  If ETN is not forking, I'd say the miner is worth it just for that.

Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:33:19 AM

How i understand these miners developed long time ago and used by developers for mining cryptonight, and now he want sell him?

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
Goool

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:42:53 AM

You make me laugh, have you ever been to a mining farm ?
Go and see how many GPUs they have ...... and then come and talk for Decentralization  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
bitcoinexplorer

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:44:16 AM

How i understand these miners developed long time ago and used by developers for mining cryptonight, and now he want sell him?
No devs but a ASIC company called Baikal.
There are reports by some members that major coins mined by that machine have announced to change their algorithm thus rendering the machines useless, unless Baikal add support for 5 more algorithms as is case with all its major miners and philosophy of Multi-Algo miner

Also it risk competition from Bitmain who is notorious in killing all other ASICs by surprise.

And on  top of that Baikal is loosing more business due to imposed MoQs.
Many miners are not ordering from Baikal and just skipping the resellers due to the $700 to $1000 top up of resellers.

Infact keeping in view volatile market the best thing would be that Baikal introduce pricing of $1200 to $2000 range and they can see huge sales.

Thanks.
Atomicc

Activity: 301
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:48:47 AM

Miner developers (Baikal) use them while it is extra profitable, (why sell something, what make you extra high profit, without any competition, they mined quietly) and after they spoil the diff. and profitability start to fall, they start selling units.
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:59:11 AM

Miner developers (Baikal) use them while it is extra profitable, (why sell something, what make you extra high profit, without any competition, they mined quietly) and after they spoil the diff. and profitability start to fall, they start selling units.

Yup and this has been previously done by Bitmain and others, they "test mine" with their product for a couple of months typically before general public release. Just look at what happened on the SIA network, it was clear Bitmain had them running about 45 days before release if you look at the overall network hashrate.

These most recent miners are profitable, for the companies that produce them and the first few people that receive them. After that their value tanks.

Since Monero and I suspect other algos will are/will fork away from this Asic, it's long term value is highly questionable.

I wouldn't touch this device unless it could be had dirt cheap because of the risks of forks invalidating it.
Simpan

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:34:41 AM

If you change the PoW regually, then GPU mining will continue.
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:41:23 AM

This is very interesting.  Cryptonight mined by Vega cards used to be (by far) the most profitable mining setup.  Then, despite the fact of a total shortage of Vega cards, difficulty on the cryptonight coins went up, and the Vega cards became way less profitable, despite no more Vega cards supplied to the market.  Which agrees with your statement that the increased difficulty was due to Baikal mining.

However, in my opinion Electroneum has a very bright future.  If ETN is not forking, I'd say the miner is worth it just for that.

Etn premise for value is that it can be mobile mined with your smart phone.  How many etn do you expect to receive when ASICS are on scene. It be like trying to mine btc with your laptop.  Lmao. This asic is the nail in coffin for gpu.  If it becomes too profitable for gpu always an asic will be born. Get off your fantasy’s of decentralized coins. Not only is it inefficient it doesn’t work at scale.

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:43:00 AM

If you change the PoW regually, then GPU mining will continue.

No that won’t happen either.  How many times do you want to worry about being on the right side of the fork. Miners tired of scrambling to make certain they aren’t going to lose their shirt because some devs have a hissy fit and don’t like how someone uses their coin lmao.  This really is turning into a shit show. 

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
klimtropik

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:44:21 AM

TurtleCoin is officially against ASIC:
https://medium.com/@turtlecoin/take-your-baikal-and-shove-it-up-your-asic-b05c96187790

Triton is also against it:
https://tritonproject.org/2018/03/13/triton-tuesday-3-13-2018/

Small & recent cryptonight coins, but it's good to see that there's more developers against ASIC mining on cryptonight.

I would like to know the official Electroneum position on this.
Mattthev (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 11:09:59 AM

TurtleCoin is officially against ASIC:
https://medium.com/@turtlecoin/take-your-baikal-and-shove-it-up-your-asic-b05c96187790

Triton is also against it:
https://tritonproject.org/2018/03/13/triton-tuesday-3-13-2018/

Small & recent cryptonight coins, but it's good to see that there's more developers against ASIC mining on cryptonight.

I would like to know the official Electroneum position on this.
They first would need someone to do it for them Cheesy
Look at their Github Cheesy

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: