Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:59:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite FPGA/ASIC miner  (Read 32778 times)
Wananavu99

Activity: 345
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:05:11 PM

It is just sad to see, how the coins that were mined with GPUs and CPUs for years will now be mined with ASICs Sad. I really hope Cryptonight algo hard fork will make CN ASICs useless.

The question is, will there be a hard fork?  I'm hoping there's going to be one, but I really don't know man.  Look at Sia coin they were not happy when Bitmain came out with a Blake-2b Asic, but they refused to do a hard fork.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:15:41 PM

Guys - Ascis are the future. Why is this even a discussion? Technology advances and becomes faster and more efficient.

It sucks if you have a lot of money invested into GPU but the fact is that this is what we'll be using going forward.

You're welcome to think otherwise but the facts remain.

[/quote]
I dont have nothing againts asics but i do have agains companies that make that and then mine with them for months without selling to others.And on top of that only reason that they are selling now is because that they will be prety much useles and they want to dump it to someone else on high prices
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:46:28 PM

Ya Sia wanted asics they where just pissed because bitmain shit on them with the pre-orders they already sold for ibelink
But here's my problem with asics the average miner can't buy them at a reasonable price you either need to no someone or willing to spend a lot or you either waiting till that particular asic will hardly ROI or pay out the ass on eBay so fuck asic manufacturers they are turning crypto into being centralized
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:07:05 PM

Guys - Ascis are the future. Why is this even a discussion? Technology advances and becomes faster and more efficient.

It sucks if you have a lot of money invested into GPU but the fact is that this is what we'll be using going forward.

You're welcome to think otherwise but the facts remain.

Broken quote removed
Tell that to the CryptoNight coins that plan on forking to stop ASICs from mining on their chains. The fact that ASICs greatly increase centralization doesn't exactly help either- just take a look at BTC. If a coin wishes to stay GPU-only they will choose to do so, whether it's to keep the coin decentralized or for another purpose.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:41:35 AM

Have not kept up. How many coins do people think will actually FORK vs  just making noise....is this unit really gonna be in trouble, due to all the forks

or is it just noise.....(again, no one knows, just your impressions from the various coin threads you frequent this applies to and what you think the odds are from the noise maybe?)

I might start a group buy (transparent...we would tell you any $$$ per unit we would tack on for price for our efforts not including the usual shipping to folk)

because I MAY want to get just ONE...figure we could dump the other 7 on a group buy (each of us 1 unit) ...but being lazy....unsure if it is even worth that little effort to get ONE.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Gunna01

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:57:47 AM
Merited by Searing (1)

Have not kept up. How many coins do people think will actually FORK vs  just making noise....is this unit really gonna be in trouble, due to all the forks

or is it just noise.....(again, no one knows, just your impressions from the various coin threads you frequent this applies to and what you think the odds are from the noise maybe?)

I might start a group buy (transparent...we would tell you any $$$ per unit we would tack on for price for our efforts not including the usual shipping to folk)

because I MAY want to get just ONE...figure we could dump the other 7 on a group buy (each of us 1 unit) ...but being lazy....unsure if it is even worth that little effort to get ONE.

Monero has implemented the fix in testNet and plans to go live on March 28. Once that occurs I imagine other forks will simply copy the changes to their coins
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:04:35 AM

Monero has implemented the fix in testNet and plans to go live on March 28. Once that occurs I imagine other forks will simply copy the changes to their coins

Thanks appreciate it.....I guess my crypto business will have to look at the following for equipment deductions:

1) copy machine

2) fancy dancy printer

3) Xerox machine

4) office furniture (I asked CPA she said go for it)'

5) paper shredder

anything else I can think of...

(sigh, how far I've fallen...nothing but dubious doorstop ASIC machines available in the world of any ASIC flavor...(sha-256/blake2b/scrypt-pow/x11/cryptonight)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Wananavu99

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:33:20 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2018, 01:46:18 AM by Wananavu99

Does look like these miners are going to be obsolete by the time they come out.  XMR is going to fork! My hope is that SUP, which is another coin I mine using Cryptonight is going to fork.  

So forget spending $12k on the X3 miner, it's only money down the drain.  

https://getmonero.org/2018/02/11/PoW-change-and-key-reuse.html
Wananavu99

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:53:26 AM

Who on earth is buying up these miners? They're sold out! 

After reading XMR's reddit's discussions on the matter, it's a complete waste of time to get these miners because XMR is going to fork before these miners are released.  

grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:06:54 AM

After reading XMR's reddit's discussions on the matter, it's a complete waste of time to get these miners because XMR is going to fork before these miners are released.  

"complete waste of time"  and yet they are sold out.  Either you don't know what you are talking about or the vast population of miners who managed to buy these out don't know what they are thinking.

Personally, I won't be dropping $12K on one of these things.  So, I guess you could say we agree.   However, there is value in these... things.  However, I the prices will drop.

So what else is there to consider here?  Well... a lot more than Monero.  In fact, here are 17 other coins (and that's not even all the cryptonight coins--oh and also not including cryptonight-lite coins) that can be mined with these... things:

https://cryptonote.org/coins

XUN, XAO are just two others and I'm sure there are more that aren't listed.  The use case for these things will continue to be lasting.  

Then there's the customer service and GPU arguments to consider.  But really, most the arguments cancel out.  Probably event the timing of buying these things argument can cancel out.  

But yeah... I'll be waiting for lower prices lol

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
juninhodecio

Activity: 268
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:46:54 AM

I have many bitmain coupons to donate for free if someone want those shit contact me on discord.

https://discord.gg/zbwEgPY

invisiblefriend321

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:20:10 AM

i feel like these companies know something b4 all of us -- the fact that they r releasing these - )of course after mining )     

but they must have a purpose --

bitmain will not just screw all thur customers --

u can use the D3 as an example --yes it was a bad move --- the 1st quick batch did well --   but they keep pushing and being a successful company -- and making products that make money for their customers

I hate to admit all that -- especially being a miner myself

but isn't this the future ?

and what --- all these new fast fast asics are really going to be garbage b4 they r shipped --

yes it seams that way

but sure we r not missing something ?

Wananavu99

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:50:28 AM

"complete waste of time"  and yet they are sold out.  Either you don't know what you are talking about or the vast population of miners who managed to buy these out don't know what they are thinking.

Personally, I won't be dropping $12K on one of these things.  So, I guess you could say we agree.   However, there is value in these... things.  However, I the prices will drop.

So what else is there to consider here?  Well... a lot more than Monero.  In fact, here are 17 other coins (and that's not even all the cryptonight coins--oh and also not including cryptonight-lite coins) that can be mined with these... things:

https://cryptonote.org/coins

XUN, XAO are just two others and I'm sure there are more that aren't listed.  The use case for these things will continue to be lasting.  

Then there's the customer service and GPU arguments to consider.  But really, most the arguments cancel out.  Probably event the timing of buying these things argument can cancel out.  

But yeah... I'll be waiting for lower prices lol

Good points, I'm also going to wait out this craziness and see where it all goes, but I got to laughing really hard after clicking on your link.  When I first got into mining, I mined Infinium-8 like crazy, I have so many Infinium-8 that are completely worthless.  
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:19:16 AM

Sold out apparently. Whether they are paid for on time is another matter.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:48:45 AM

"complete waste of time"  and yet they are sold out.

Barnum is outdated.
It's not a fool born every minute any more, it's more like one born every SECOND.

There is also the question of how BIG batch 1 was. If it was only a few hundred, instead of Bitmain's tendancy to release batches of a few thousand, it wouldn't TAKE all that many folks that DON'T know about the Monero fork.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:50:58 AM

Monero has announced fork on March 28, and several of the common miners for CN (stak-xmr and xmrig to my specific knowlage) have already updated their code for the new algorithm.

Electronium (ETN) also announced they would be forking, but I've not seen a specific timeframe for them yet.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Mattthev (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 07:30:11 AM

Monero has announced fork on March 28, and several of the common miners for CN (stak-xmr and xmrig to my specific knowlage) have already updated their code for the new algorithm.

Electronium (ETN) also announced they would be forking, but I've not seen a specific timeframe for them yet.

You mean that unofficial Twitter post? Look at their Github work, it will take them forever Cheesy
This coin is the one I'm counting for ROI with Baikal N Smiley

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
clems

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:23:06 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2018, 08:44:47 AM by clems

You mean that unofficial Twitter post? Look at their Github work, it will take them forever Cheesy
This coin is the one I'm counting for ROI with Baikal N Smiley

Richard Elis annonce on a video that ETN will not block asics mining. You should all watch this video and see how Richard Elis piss on our head !! This guy doesn't car about miner or whatever. I was a big fan of ETN and this idiot clearly piss on my head.

The best solution is to stop mining ETN to show him what community can do !!

Matttev good luck with you ROI.

Ref HiveOS https://hiveos.farm?ref=3665
Promocode HIVEOS: IMPASSENET (10 dollars on your account)
qqqua

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:13:11 AM

Richard Elis annonce on a video that ETN will not block asics mining. You should all watch this video and see how Richard Elis piss on our head !! This guy doesn't car about miner or whatever. I was a big fan of ETN and this idiot clearly piss on my head.

He said like 3 times during interview that ETN will follow monero on POW update
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:23:39 AM

He said like 3 times during interview that ETN will follow monero on POW update

etn is dead coin anyway...soon it will be 100 sats

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: