Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:56:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite FPGA/ASIC miner  (Read 32778 times)
Goool

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:27:51 AM

Have not kept up. How many coins do people think will actually FORK vs  just making noise....is this unit really gonna be in trouble, due to all the forks

or is it just noise.....(again, no one knows, just your impressions from the various coin threads you frequent this applies to and what you think the odds are from the noise maybe?)

I might start a group buy (transparent...we would tell you any $$$ per unit we would tack on for price for our efforts not including the usual shipping to folk)

because I MAY want to get just ONE...figure we could dump the other 7 on a group buy (each of us 1 unit) ...but being lazy....unsure if it is even worth that little effort to get ONE.

SEARING
There is no point of group buy when asicminermarket.com has the miner $3800 ,, so $200 more than BAIKAL and free shipping .... group buy for what...
It's baikal behind him ....
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Goool

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:32:20 AM

Who on earth is buying up these miners? They're sold out! 

After reading XMR's reddit's discussions on the matter, it's a complete waste of time to get these miners because XMR is going to fork before these miners are released.  

Sold out apparently. Whether they are paid for on time is another matter.

Yes they sold out .... it's a bitmain strategy to make it more wanted .... I said it again better get S9 miners and wait till the summer boom of bitcoin ... you will make more cash that investing to these doorstops 12k ....
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:41:35 AM

Have not kept up. How many coins do people think will actually FORK vs  just making noise....is this unit really gonna be in trouble, due to all the forks

or is it just noise.....(again, no one knows, just your impressions from the various coin threads you frequent this applies to and what you think the odds are from the noise maybe?)

I might start a group buy (transparent...we would tell you any $$$ per unit we would tack on for price for our efforts not including the usual shipping to folk)

because I MAY want to get just ONE...figure we could dump the other 7 on a group buy (each of us 1 unit) ...but being lazy....unsure if it is even worth that little effort to get ONE.

SEARING
There is no point of group buy when asicminermarket.com has the miner $3800 ,, so $200 more than BAIKAL and free shipping .... group buy for what...

Eastshore.xyz has them for 4399$ and 90$ declared value so basically  no import taxes.

Goool

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:46:59 AM

Have not kept up. How many coins do people think will actually FORK vs  just making noise....is this unit really gonna be in trouble, due to all the forks

SEARING

Eastshore.xyz has them for 4399$ and 90$ declared value so basically  no import taxes.

why you think ASIC and BAIKAL declare the real Value ... lol
That means that you didn't buy from them ....
So $3800 IS Winning .... I am not supporting that store but I just saying why to lose money and pay group buys and ebay and expensive re-sellers ....
Money is money , you don't through them around
oomurashin

Activity: 195
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:47:41 AM

asicminermarket.com still be nothing response  Cry Cry Cry

lost my money.... Cry Cry Cry Cry
Mattthev (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 11:14:54 AM

asicminermarket.com still be nothing response  Cry Cry Cry

lost my money.... Cry Cry Cry Cry
I haven't got any shipping details too. I was hoping for the 72 hours shipping, but no Cheesy

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
wudafuxup

Activity: 391
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:34:24 AM

Have not kept up. How many coins do people think will actually FORK vs  just making noise....is this unit really gonna be in trouble, due to all the forks

Monero has announced fork on March 28, and several of the common miners for CN (stak-xmr and xmrig to my specific knowlage) have already updated their code for the new algorithm.

Electronium (ETN) also announced they would be forking, but I've not seen a specific timeframe for them yet.

You mean that unofficial Twitter post? Look at their Github work, it will take them forever Cheesy
This coin is the one I'm counting for ROI with Baikal N Smiley

The ROI that will immediately drop after a couple weeks of Antminer X3s and Baikal Giant Ns mining? XMR is forking on March 28th. Where do you think those hundreds of Mh/s are going to go lol (most likely ETN/GRFT)? That in itself is going to drop profits almost right off the bat in itself (unless price goes up, but lets be honest we're in a bear market).

People are speculating XMR could drop ~.7Gh/s FRICKEN GIGAHASH (the obnoxious net hash growth it had in the last 2 months). If you're looking at profitability calculators right now as a base and think you're going to get remotely close to those numbers you're in for a big surprise  Grin.  If anything the GPU miners are the ones that will get a massive profitability increase when the fake ASIC inflated nethash of XMR gets destroyed post fork. I suspect cryptonight coins post anti ASIC POW algo will make a comeback in the top 10 whattomine coins like back in the day.

All this is not even taking into account the fact that almost every single CryptoNight coin has already said they will fork.

XMR - Confirmed POW algo change
ETN - Confirmed POW Algo change
GRFT - Confirmed POW algo change
IPBC - Confirmed POW algo change
XTL - Confirmed POW algo change

Would not be surprised is those Bitmain scums try to release some bull MoneroCash crap in the future.

I like crypto
Wananavu99

Activity: 345
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:58:03 AM

The other Cryptonight coin I'm mining is SUP, and they're forking with XMR....this is getting sad....these miners are going to be DOA.  

I feel for those that bought these miners   Sad Sad
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:05:39 PM

All this is not even taking into account the fact that almost every single CryptoNight coin has already said they will fork.

XMR - Confirmed POW algo change
ETN - Confirmed POW Algo change
GRFT - Confirmed POW algo change
IPBC - Confirmed POW algo change
XTL - Confirmed POW algo change

Add to the above list:
EDL - says will change POW algo
TRTL - says will change POW algo
XUN - says will change POW algo

However, we got some playing ostrich here:
IRD - doesn't see problem with ASICs; about to get rekt
ITNS - taking the "wait and see" approach
DERO - also taking the "wait and see" approach, but says algo change ready to implement if necessary
Truthchanter

Activity: 689

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:40:11 PM

Due to all the cryptonight algo forks.. i wonder if aeon the cryptnonight-lite algo coin may end of being one of the most profitable coins to mine with this miner (something the bitmain miner won't be able to mine?)

Thoughts?
Mattthev (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 12:42:10 PM

Due to all the cryptonight algo forks.. i wonder if aeon the cryptnonight-lite algo coin may end of being one of the most profitable coins to mine with this miner (something the bitmain miner won't be able to mine?)

Thoughts?
Maybe, but ETN might not make any changes
https://www.reddit.com/r/Electroneum/comments/84nvzi/richard_ells_confirms_proasic_stance/?st=jetxljy6&sh=da588884

I've updated first post with new links.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
Wananavu99

Activity: 345
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:21:40 PM

I think perhaps the Baikal miners will recoup some of their costs mining ETN.  Dunno, even doing a rough estimate on whattomine makes me wonder if its even worth it and that's at current difficulty.  With these new miners, the diff will sky rocket.

dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:41:01 PM

It is just sad to see, how the coins that were mined with GPUs and CPUs for years will now be mined with ASICs Sad. I really hope Cryptonight algo hard fork will make CN ASICs useless.

The question is, will there be a hard fork?  I'm hoping there's going to be one, but I really don't know man.  Look at Sia coin they were not happy when Bitmain came out with a Blake-2b Asic, but they refused to do a hard fork.  
What question? Monero forks at the end of this month, and every 6 months, and will "emergency fork" if needed [https://getmonero.org/2018/02/11/PoW-change-and-key-reuse.html]. Sia is really different, they are building their own ASIC.

Monero: We will fork as necessary to prevent ASICs that we think will damage our coin.
Sia: We will fork so only our ASIC can mine our coin.

Quite different...

crocozino

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:21:33 PM

I think perhaps the Baikal miners will recoup some of their costs mining ETN.  Dunno, even doing a rough estimate on whattomine makes me wonder if its even worth it and that's at current difficulty.  With these new miners, the diff will sky rocket.

because they are already mine it with full power!
I guess. they just kill coins and goes to another
bu as far as I can see all cryptonight coins are showing now very low profits
damn you Baikal, you should produce bitcoin miner only, the higher diff for btc the higher it's price!!!
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:30:04 PM

Electroneum might not be forking, but if XMR does fork (which is planned) and ETN becomes the most profitable coin to mine, then Bitmain X3s are also going to switch to ETN and it’s the D3 situation all over again, except both miners are significantly more expensive this time around. There’s basically almost no way the X3 or the Baikal will break even in a reasonable amount of time.

Either way there’s eventually going to be a coin that won’t fork that’s the most profitable on the CryptoNight algo, and difficulty’s going to skyrocket on it. The question is which one.
ricardobayes

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:03:12 PM

If the pow update is out, I'm thinking difficulty will be lower since no ASIC's will be able to mine.
I'm ordering new GPU rigs  Cool
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:13:49 PM

If the pow update is out, I'm thinking difficulty will be lower since no ASIC's will be able to mine.
I'm ordering new GPU rigs  Cool

how are you so sure they dont have new and faster batch for new algo ready to go?

mammon

Activity: 422
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:20:46 PM

Do you all really think the CN ASICS are worthless?

If Monero Forks, we get 2 chains (coins)
One is the GPU mined Fork, we still call Monero and there is a second one, the ASIC mineable chain, whatever it will be called...

70% mining power is ASIC and 30% mining power is GPU. Who is the winner? I think the ASIC chain.
The "Monero" ASIC chain will continue ASIC mining and whit Bitmain behind (read; even more mining power will be coming up)
I think there is a nice Future ahead Smiley

Just mentioning...
Truthchanter

Activity: 689

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:27:45 PM

Do you all really think the CN ASICS are worthless?

If Monero Forks, we get 2 chains (coins)
One is the GPU mined Fork, we still call Monero and there is a second one, the ASIC mineable chain, whatever it will be called...

70% mining power is ASIC and 30% mining power is GPU. Who is the winner? I think the ASIC chain.
The "Monero" ASIC chain will continue ASIC mining and whit Bitmain behind (read; even more mining power will be coming up)
I think there is a nice Future ahead Smiley

Just mentioning...

I don't know for sure but I don't think fork is the right word for the update coming for monero.. i think it is just a change to the algorithm that monero uses (updated version of cryptonight).. I don't think there will be 2 different monero coins (not like btc and bitcoin cash)
Goool

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:35:24 PM

It's simple all the cryptonight ASIC miners will mine and give 100% rejected shares and the GPU miners 100% accepted shares .
So you will shut it down and put it to his main fuction the doorstop or ask for Refund .

Well played SCAM from BITMAIN , BAIKAL, Pindea
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: