Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:28:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite FPGA/ASIC miner  (Read 32778 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:25:32 AM

Lmao this is just getting amusing now. There is no way in hell any of this is a coincidence whatsoever. At this point anyone who thinks otherwise is a blind fool/payed shill. There is no way multiple companies within a few days finished designing a CryptoNight ASIC all at once to launch lmao.

I wonder how many people payed BTC/BCH/LTC already and are regreting every second of it.

yep...premine city..time to get them out the door...with the morneo fork threats (and other blends of moreno alts saying the same)

big boys are a bailing! (and sticking it to the consumer)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wananavu99

Activity: 345
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:35:07 AM

I like the idea of forking every 6 months, that's really going to stick it to these big companies trying to centralize. 
oomurashin

Activity: 195
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:36:43 AM

asicminermarket.com still be nothing response  Cry Cry Cry

lost my money.... Cry Cry Cry Cry
I haven't got any shipping details too. I was hoping for the 72 hours shipping, but no Cheesy
you have got any shipping detalis? baikal said early orders will get gears with in 24hs from they twitter.
i think asicminermarket.com start shipping next week, if they are not scamers. Undecided Undecided Undecided
alizali

Activity: 197
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:52:37 AM

is ETN (Electroneum) going to block this ASIC with a fork?
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:28:59 AM

New disclaimer when buying these 3k and 1.9k models from bitmain...

3. One major cryptocurrency which is using CryptoNight hash function is about to change their PoW algothrim, and according to their public statement, it is purposely to brick ASIC mining rigs including X3. When you buying it, you are betting that they are wrong.

loooooooooool Grin

Not the worst bet ever anyway.  Will be interesting to see which network has more hashrate after Monero forks - the original chain, or the new fork.  Will the new fork really be Monero if it has little hashrate or, gasp, gets 51% attacked into can't-trust-confirmations oblivion?

Monero (among others) are planning to change the POW algo used to calculate each block, thus there can't be a 51% attack or whatever by ASICs running the obsolete POW algo. They won't find blocks and they won't earn coins, period.

This is not the same as a chain split situation where everyone is using the same algo but someone got out of sync.

POW algo change = useless ASIC

You miss the point, obviously. Some people like to say stupid and obvious things for the sake of talking I guess.

Monero's existing network isn't going anywhere, the existing chain is going to keep existing. Ofc if you keep mining you'll keep finding coins, the chain doesn't magically stop existing because some "leaders" decided to fork. If people try to call some new chain with no hashrate Monero, they are liers.  Monero mining has been backed by trojaned machines for years, and many of those machines will NOT be updated to the PoW change.  They'll keep mining the existing change.

Don't need ASICs to 51% attack the new chain. But let's consider if someone wanted to... the PR for the CryptonoteV7 algo change has been available for QUITE SOME TIME. Plenty of time to make an FPGA design or even tape out an ASIC if changes are minor (they are).

This is absolutely a chain split scenario. Absolutely no chance it's a clean split because so much of the network hashrate is trojaned machines or ASICs at this point.

This thread is full of noobs who can't see why these miners are an interested gamble.  PoW changes don't work, monero is about to prove that.
sil2222

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:54:47 AM

New disclaimer when buying these 3k and 1.9k models from bitmain...

3. One major cryptocurrency which is using CryptoNight hash function is about to change their PoW algothrim, and according to their public statement, it is purposely to brick ASIC mining rigs including X3. When you buying it, you are betting that they are wrong.

loooooooooool Grin

Not the worst bet ever anyway.  Will be interesting to see which network has more hashrate after Monero forks - the original chain, or the new fork.  Will the new fork really be Monero if it has little hashrate or, gasp, gets 51% attacked into can't-trust-confirmations oblivion?

Monero (among others) are planning to change the POW algo used to calculate each block, thus there can't be a 51% attack or whatever by ASICs running the obsolete POW algo. They won't find blocks and they won't earn coins, period.

This is not the same as a chain split situation where everyone is using the same algo but someone got out of sync.

You miss the point, obviously. Some people like to say stupid and obvious things for the sake of talking I guess.

Monero's existing network isn't going anywhere, the existing chain is going to keep existing. Ofc if you keep mining you'll keep finding coins, the chain doesn't magically stop existing because some "leaders" decided to fork. If people try to call some new chain with no hashrate Monero, they are liers.  Monero mining has been backed by trojaned machines for years, and many of those machines will NOT be updated to the PoW change.  They'll keep mining the existing change.

Don't need ASICs to 51% attack the new chain. But let's consider if someone wanted to... the PR for the CryptonoteV7 algo change has been available for QUITE SOME TIME. Plenty of time to make an FPGA design or even tape out an ASIC if changes are minor (they are).

This is absolutely a chain split scenario. Absolutely no chance it's a clean split because so much of the network hashrate is trojaned machines or ASICs at this point.

This thread is full of noobs who can't see why these miners are an interested gamble.  PoW changes don't work, monero is about to prove that.

If what you are saying is true ? Then why did Bitmain put the X3 for sale after Baikal N caused Monero Devs to announce POW change to V7 ? Bitmain has had the X3 since January according to the filing for certificate of conformity which was filed 01/23/2018. If what you are alleging is true why is Bitmain,Baikal and 2 other Miner manufacturers all of the sudden start selling Miners all at the same time ? Baikal N has also been around for months ,but not for sale to general public. Monero announces POW change to V7 and now every Crypnonight  miner is on sale ?  The Bitmain D3 should be a lesson learned for everyone this situation is much worse almost guaranteeing you will lose specially with the high price tag.
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:13:44 AM

I think the buyers of cn miners are betting on etn taking their sweet time on forking, monero has planned  theirs and also is a lot more developed then etn, which is rather new. It could take months for all these other cn projects to fork, if at all. Even if they say they plan to, doesnt mean they wont take their time. Their budgets are smaller and the more time it takes to fork the more free publicity and usage they get as people will mine their coins and actually use their network.

eeX

Activity: 961
Merit: 500

Soldo.IN [SLD]

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 08:14:11 AM

Still didn't see any evidence this ASICs exists.

Soldo [SLD] @ Soldo.IN
Mattthev (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 08:22:34 AM

I hope it will arrive next week. Should have been shipped in 72 hours Cheesy Roll Eyes

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
wudafuxup

Activity: 391
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:48:52 AM

For what it's worth I found this video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaIxRA3DVCg

Doesn't show it mining but atleast it's a real product. They released a similar video on the Giant X10 last year.

I like crypto
Bhaal1

Activity: 80

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:52:11 AM

And the next one:
https://halongmining.com/shop/dragonmint-x1-miner/
Atomicc

Activity: 301
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:51:39 AM

Lmao this is just getting amusing now. There is no way in hell any of this is a coincidence whatsoever. At this point anyone who thinks otherwise is a blind fool/payed shill. There is no way multiple companies within a few days finished designing a CryptoNight ASIC all at once to launch lmao.

Very good point...impossible "coincidence".
They mined in secret for months, and when they heard for antiASIC fork, they came out from their holes, and present to public this "new" miners and try to sell it for 12000USD!!!
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:54:44 AM

I hope it will arrive next week. Should have been shipped in 72 hours Cheesy Roll Eyes

Wouldnt be surprised if they mine these till the day of the fork, then ship them.

smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:01:27 AM

Wouldnt be surprised if they mine these till the day of the fork, then ship them.
Now that would be the ultimate troll from those companies. Also wouldn't be surprised, hope to see CN coins forking as fast as they can.

Mattthev (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 11:15:52 AM

Good point Sad Cheesy

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
tomwrx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 12:18:59 PM

bitmain/baikal/halong was just mining with them for months and now with upcoming monero fork (biggest hashraste of CN alg'os) they are just getting rid of uselles equipment. And situation shows that there are a lot of fools with money buying those things  Grin

ALQO - A Decentralized, All-in-One Financial And Cloud Services Ecosystem.

https://alqo.app/
ght3d

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:33:58 PM

Why does anyone talk about Monero only ? There are tens of cryptonight coins, much more profitable than monero, mineable with these Asics. Yes, Monero will fork, but no one forbids people to mine other coins and buy monero afterwards. And yes, other coins will be destroyed by so many powerful miners flooding the market, and most of those miners will ROI (not talking about those who paid the ridiculous price for the first batch). It will take time for these miners to become obsolete, as it's gonna take a lot of time for other CN coins to switch algo. Again, the planet doesn't revolve around Monero, wake up people.

But i still find it funny how all companies released a cryptonight miner at the same time. As if it was a single company under different names, controlling the miner's market.
deerhunter

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:29:22 PM

I think you hit the nail on the head!!!!!
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:41:02 PM

You know, it is possible to disagree with someone on an opinion, or even point out a factual error (if made), without being an asshat.

I'm failing to see the point of Monero changing algos if mining the old algo still generates valid coins...

This is absolutely a chain split scenario. Absolutely no chance it's a clean split

...which I guess is your point, that it's pointless to change algos. We shall see shortly, I suppose.

d-unknown

Activity: 90
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:44:00 PM

i heard that asic manufacturers will provide updates to asic owners so they can still mine even after forks
is this information true or just bullshit ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: