Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:36:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite FPGA/ASIC miner  (Read 32782 times)
DigitalCruncher

Activity: 59
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:58:01 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2018, 07:41:55 AM by DigitalCruncher

Monero community could be vibrant, but good question is why the monero devs didnt increased the scratchpad size from the current size (2Mb), fpga miners are not affected by this fork Wink

I talked to another cryptonight coin developer about fpga, he said that it's cost prohibitive due to memory restrictions.  So there goes fpga out the door, cause I was thinking fpga too.  

I'm developing many algorithms for the Virtex Ultrascale+ VU9P on the VCU1525 board and this FPGA has 47MB of internal SRAM, enough for 22 instances of Cryptonight V7.  Your developer friend is gravely mistaken.
Having said that, Cryptonight V7 is not the most profitable algorithm for FPGA's at the moment, but high end FPGA's always beat GPU's, and ROI for the high end FPGA's are around 50-110 days vs. years for GPU's.
I will be releasing my bitstreams (to the public) soon, my current plan is to release them for free with a 4% mining fee.  And you would need to buy your own FPGA boards from Avnet/Digikey/Xilinx/Digilent/Hitechglobal/Bittware, etc...

Have you built fully unrolled pipelines on this board? What temperature and what consumption do you expect for 99% of the resources clocked at 500-600 MHz?

Are you sure there are enough boards produced by Xilinx?

I thought about the hardware implementation of devfees, based on DeviceDNA and block timestamp. The user will not be able to turn it off.

I can build at least 8 memory-less algoritms suitable for this board, but only 5 of them are profitable. So this is a good investment.
stash2coin

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:08:01 AM

First public-ready algorithms should be done around mid to late June.  However I am hesitant to 'release' the bitstreams unless numerous algorithms are available.  I wouldn't want someone to invest $10K in hardware with only 1 or 2 algorithms in case those coins profit or ROI suddenly changes.  A good investment would be to have 4-5 algorithms available, making the hardware more secure against market changes.
Anyway, once people start mining with PC's linked to numerous high end FPGA cards, they will be 'immune' to forks since the algorithms in the FPGA's can be changed as fast as developers can fork their coin, actually faster in most cases since even a poorly tested rig can still mine, whereas a coin cannot fork until the new setup is heavily tested.

Good work,
what platform you are targeting only Virtex? Some lower end Kintex UltraScale, Kintex UltraScale+ parts have enough internal ram to run at least one instance and they are much more easy to find ready to ship. 

oomurashin

Activity: 195
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:45:02 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2018, 06:03:12 AM by oomurashin

First public-ready algorithms should be done around mid to late June.  However I am hesitant to 'release' the bitstreams unless numerous algorithms are available.  I wouldn't want someone to invest $10K in hardware with only 1 or 2 algorithms in case those coins profit or ROI suddenly changes.  A good investment would be to have 4-5 algorithms available, making the hardware more secure against market changes.
Anyway, once people start mining with PC's linked to numerous high end FPGA cards, they will be 'immune' to forks since the algorithms in the FPGA's can be changed as fast as developers can fork their coin, actually faster in most cases since even a poorly tested rig can still mine, whereas a coin cannot fork until the new setup is heavily tested.

Good work,
what platform you are targeting only Virtex? Some lower end Kintex UltraScale, Kintex UltraScale+ parts have enough internal ram to run at least one instance and they are much more easy to find ready to ship.  

No longer interested in Giant N, everyone is talking about FPGA mining. LOL  Grin Grin Grin
GPU to FPGA replacement may begin. By your great project.
GPU needs to be returned to hands of gamers and academics. This is the same for ASIC, but it will not lead to fattening Chinese companies. In that respect, supporters of President Trump will have a good understanding.  Wink Wink Wink
whitefire990
Copper Member

Activity: 166
Merit: 84

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:38:19 AM

First public-ready algorithms should be done around mid to late June.  However I am hesitant to 'release' the bitstreams unless numerous algorithms are available.  I wouldn't want someone to invest $10K in hardware with only 1 or 2 algorithms in case those coins profit or ROI suddenly changes.  A good investment would be to have 4-5 algorithms available, making the hardware more secure against market changes.

Good work,

The three boards I am going to initially support are the Nexys Video (XC7A200T $490), Avnet AES-KU040-DB-G (Kintex Ultrascale+ $975), and VCU1525 (Virtex VU9P $3995).  I will start a thread soon and list which algorithms will be released for each board (the Virtex can run all the algorithms, the Kintex can run most, the Nexys can only run a few).

My implementations are 100% unrolled pipelines running at one clock cycle per stage.  The ROI on the Kintex and Virtex boards range from 50-150 days based on the algorithm, in today's bear market with 1-2 year ROI's on GPU's.  If the market rises back to Dec/2017 levels, ROI would be ridiculously short.

Please do not purchase any of the above hardware until I announce the official hash rates.  I hope other FPGA developers follow my lead and stop mining in secret and start spreading the wealth.  We need to give crypto back to the people.  With enough people mining with high end FPGA's, Bitmain and Baikal can no longer control the market and screw people over.

Power consumption for 90% usage on the VCU1525 is around 170W.  The best high end rig is a standard mining motherboard with 8 x VCU1525 and a single 1600W power supply.

Aris_Eng

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:53:34 AM

Good work,

The three boards I am going to initially support are the Nexys Video (XC7A200T $490), Avnet AES-KU040-DB-G (Kintex Ultrascale+ $975), and VCU1525 (Virtex VU9P $3995).  I will start a thread soon and list which algorithms will be released for each board (the Virtex can run all the algorithms, the Kintex can run most, the Nexys can only run a few).

My implementations are 100% unrolled pipelines running at one clock cycle per stage.  The ROI on the Kintex and Virtex boards range from 50-150 days based on the algorithm, in today's bear market with 1-2 year ROI's on GPU's.  If the market rises back to Dec/2017 levels, ROI would be ridiculously short.

Please do not purchase any of the above hardware until I announce the official hash rates.  I hope other FPGA developers follow my lead and stop mining in secret and start spreading the wealth.  We need to give crypto back to the people.  With enough people mining with high end FPGA's, Bitmain and Baikal can no longer control the market and screw people over.

Power consumption for 90% usage on the VCU1525 is around 170W.  The best high end rig is a standard mining motherboard with 8 x VCU1525 and a single 1600W power supply.

A. Start your own thread because (see B)
B. That sounds awesome!
C. Cheers!
Mattthev (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 09:03:22 AM

I've logged into my Gaint N
Code:
Last login: Sun Jan 28 10:41:09 CET 2018 from 192.168.0.2 on pts/1
It seems my was made on January Cheesy

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:04:15 AM

Good work,

Wow dude, this sounds really awesome! Really waiting the dedicted thread for FPGA mining from you. I'm in the middle of selling my GPU rig and you really make me feel like FPGAs are the next big thing in mining Smiley

Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 11:20:55 AM

No more Monero :/
What are you mining now? I switched to ETN.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
JJIN803

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:20:44 PM

Good work,

I am very interested in the FPGA project that you mentioned, can you share the current progress, or when can you give a practical solution to the actual use of the FPGA algorithm? Will it be charged? How is the charging method? thank you very much

ThugB33

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:20:32 PM

Good work,

There's also a dead end in this.... All those dev boards are produced in china! Shitmain and other fat wallets will just HIGHJACK this and the loop will just start cycle again. What I'm saying that until the coin spread from algo is not equally spreading around the globe there's no point in this. Rather than fattest wallets now are already having those dev boards ready to order when you'll release your rates to public. 

In my opinion mining is dead until the coin spread in algos are equal to everybody who contribute in mining. 

That's my dollar here...
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:27:31 PM

There's also a dead end in this.... All those dev boards are produced in china! Shitmain and other fat wallets will just HIGHJACK this and the loop will just start cycle again.

As I've said before, I'm willing to design the PCB for an FPGA miner if someone else writes the HDL. There could be some cost savings by stripping out a lot of the extra crap that is on the usual FPGA demo/devkit board as well as more flexibility with the choice of FPGA. It probably wouldn't be smart to stray too far afield from the devkit FPGA choices, however, as that will make debugging a lot more difficult. That said, there's no reason to throw in the towel just because the devkit boards are made in China. Bitmain can't get its way on everything, you know.

wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:40:48 PM

Hi what is the price of BAIKAL N (first release) now?

Cheers W_M
Wananavu99

Activity: 345
Merit: 131

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:22:42 PM

So how many XMR did you make with the couple of weeks you had with the miner? 
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 07:26:33 PM

Good work,

Sweet project I am happy to help in any way I dont mind buying some hardware and tinkering I was very interested in doing FPGA mining myself so id be happy to work with you on this project. I have resources to buy various FPGA boards to offer for testing
wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:06:31 PM

Hi, will BAIKAL N support Cryptonight V7 algo?

Cheers W_M
oomurashin

Activity: 195
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:12:45 PM

no,but they will support Monero classic.  Cry Cry Cry
ThugB33

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:50:56 PM

There's also a dead end in this.... All those dev boards are produced in china! Shitmain and other fat wallets will just HIGHJACK this and the loop will just start cycle again.

As I've said before, I'm willing to design the PCB for an FPGA miner if someone else writes the HDL. There could be some cost savings by stripping out a lot of the extra crap that is on the usual FPGA demo/devkit board as well as more flexibility with the choice of FPGA. It probably wouldn't be smart to stray too far afield from the devkit FPGA choices, however, as that will make debugging a lot more difficult. That said, there's no reason to throw in the towel just because the devkit boards are made in China. Bitmain can't get its way on everything, you know.

What type are slot requirements for those cards would be if exploited for mining purpose? I thinking about compiling an Octominer mobo on linux snaphot distro with miners software ... could be a great bundle set... can't wait for you to open up a different discussion about this! Wink
alizali

Activity: 197

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:05:45 AM

what about ROI
how many percent of your 3800$ is back?
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 06:36:18 AM

what about ROI
how many percent of your 3800$ is back?

Since I've barely started almost nothing. I've mined Monero only few days and now after fork switching to other coins.

Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 07:06:34 PM

Have you guys update your Giant N?
This is my first ASIC... so should I follow this guide?
https://github.com/baikalminer/multi-algo-miner/blob/master/guides/baikal%20giant%20user's%20guide.pdf

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: