Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:08:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] PETAMINE - 1,150 TH/S HASH RATE (1GH/S per Unit)  (Read 565642 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
EdoBcn

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:01:08 PM

I'll throw it there:
Shouldn't Cryptx help the shareholders for the missing deployment with cheaper fees until deployment is as expected?
 Roll Eyes
mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:03:03 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 12:49:24 PM by mikemikemike

Right now as I know, Petamine's reinvestment is around 2.2 USD/Ghs. Which is not bad, currently the cheapest Ghs in the market.
Source?

he doesn't need one. take the amount we spend in reinvestment, and divide it by the amount of units we receive, then times it by their hashing power.

also, while im here.

RENT is also trading above IPO price.

RENT is only trading above its first IPO price because of an incremental IPO that they are still releasing.

I'll throw it there:
Shouldn't Cryptx help the shareholders for the missing deployment with cheaper fees until deployment is as expected?
 Roll Eyes

No, this is crazy. why should they? its clear the original delays were out of their hands and impacted pretty much the whole industry. But its clear they are now working their asses off to smash through our original schedule.

anyways.

i love how this place turns to shit. i mean, every time it does the share price drops and i make money, which is great, but its mostly silly what's being written here. BTC will rise at a ridiculous rate in the new few months, difficulty will also go up with it. All this talk that difficulty will stagnate when we have all the GEN3 chips coming through soon is crazy.

all that matters in our space is deployment.

By saying PETA-MINE is going to die your basically saying the rest of the mining industry will die to. compared to everyone else, we have low costs, cheap reinvestment, we even have our own fucking machines that we can build to circumvent third-party suppliers. we're better placed than ALL of the competition apart from one potential startup that hasn't even built their first machine yet.

the most annoying thing, and i tell you, the most fucking annoying thing, is all this doom and gloom if things carry on the way they are going this project is going to the shit. BTC isn't going to continue to drop, we're just recovering from the last bubble and getting hit week in week out with bad news from china. this isn't going to continue. the rise last week to the $500's was the first week we've had without china dragging us down. but its end of days in china right now and the market is becoming more and more resilient to it each week. if you listen to any of the news coming out from the big traders, things that were written months and months ago, all of this has been expected and predicted a long time ago. i've posted links here before to where you can follow this insight but im not going to post it again.

gahhhh. i love mondays.

to cheer you all up, we have mined nearly 90 BTC already this week. the next dividend is going to smash the last one, even with the price of BTC falling. and when the next batch of our new units come through so will the next one.

i can't understand how the sentiment here changes so quickly on a weekly basis. anyways, keep it going guys, without all this bullshit, and most of it is, i'd be allot poorer than i was yesterday.

/rant

peaceee
Darkstone2

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:41:11 PM

he doesn't need one. take the amount we spend in reinvestment, and divide it by the amount of units we receive, then times it by their hashing power.

Good luck finding out exactly what reinvestment brought us what hardware...
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:05:42 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 01:28:32 PM by mikemikemike

Good luck finding out exactly what reinvestment brought us what hardware...

I'm not even going to dignify you with an answer to that. you and BCMine have gotta be the only fucking people in this thread who don't know how much reinvestment is being spent and for what hardware. seriously, every time you post you make it clear time after time you don't understand the specifics of this project, nor do you read what is being written or what has been written. The only reason i see you being here is to be the slightly smarter version of dumb and dumber.

just for the people on this forum who don't know what they are doing but unlike you, don't chose to post because of it.

((BTC Spent x BTC Price)/Number of GH's received) = Price per GH/s

((30x440)/6000)=2.2

also, im not going to tell you were you can find the numbers for BTC spent or how many units we receive for it. if you don't already know it then thats your problem.

spartan82

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:08:20 PM

During these next couple of months when asicminer is converting anywhere between $5-10MILLION US into BTC for 400,000 shareholders dividends from 10.9million GH of chip sales I dare say we will surpass the $500 BTC mark and start rising a bit again. As people see a bit of a spike in bitcoin price from the large buys, I'm sure they will follow suit and drive it up too.
kenmomotaro

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:13:48 PM

During these next couple of months when asicminer is converting anywhere between $5-10MILLION US into BTC for 400,000 shareholders dividends from 10.9million GH of chip sales I dare say we will surpass the $500 BTC mark and start rising a bit again. As people see a bit of a spike in bitcoin price from the large buys, I'm sure they will follow suit and drive it up too.

Friedcat saves our asses.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:14:55 PM

Sorry dude, but the amount of money being pumped in means very little compared to the price psychology. You could pump in tens of millions but if the market thinks the price should be less than it currently is, then the price is going down. just like technology the price of BTC follows a very specific adoption cycle, a cycle that hasn't been broken for the last few years and has been confirmed time after time it will still carry on for atleast one more big pump and dump. we will see $2000 BTC before November easy without a doubt. it will be back in all the papers saying OMG look at bitcoin, then a couple months later everyone will be raving about its death, AGAIN. this cycle will carry on going until we have stability, but stability won't happen until major adoption.

also, dude, tens of millions is small money compared to whats about to happen with wallstreet. when second-market comes online and so do the ETF's, that ten million will look allot like the earth compared to saturn or jupiter.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:35:02 PM

Sorry dude, but the amount of money being pumped in means very little compared to the price psychology. You could pump in tens of millions but if the market thinks the price should be less than it currently is, then the price is going down. just like technology the price of BTC follows a very specific adoption cycle, a cycle that hasn't been broken for the last few years and has been confirmed time after time it will still carry on for atleast one more big pump and dump. we will see $2000 BTC before November easy without a doubt. it will be back in all the papers saying OMG look at bitcoin, then a couple months later everyone will be raving about its death, AGAIN. this cycle will carry on going until we have stability, but stability won't happen until major adoption.

also, dude, tens of millions is small money compared to whats about to happen with wallstreet. when second-market comes online and so do the ETF's, that ten million will look allot like the earth compared to saturn or jupiter.

I hear what you're saying, I haven't really been following any news about Wall Street myself so ill take your word for it, but looking at the charts as they stand right now that amount of money would move the market I'm sure. At current exchange rate of $430 per btc, say $0.5 average per GH that pretty much means well over 12000BTC. Around 10% of all BTC floating around that has been mined so far, not taking into account what has been lost and never to be seen again. I dunno, I never took on economics but I truly think that's going to bump the prices up at least another $100-200.. Kind of wish I did major in economics I'd be so much better at this lol.. If you are right about btc reaching $2000 by end of this year ill be a VERY happy man

your going to be a VERY happy man. $2000 is about as conservative as it gets. if you run the numbers we should see $4000-$5000 before a drop down to the $1000-1200 range. check the graph i posted above. these cycles are about as a predictable as it gets. the ONLY things, and its the ONLY things that would stop this, would be a 51% attack or FINCEN killing the industry. both of these are extremely unlikely.
spartan82

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:38:58 PM

I hear what you're saying, I haven't really been following any news about Wall Street myself so ill take your word for it, but looking at the charts as they stand right now that amount of money would move the market I'm sure. At current exchange rate of $430 per btc, say $0.5 average per GH that pretty much means well over 12000BTC. Around 10% of all BTC floating around that has been mined so far, not taking into account what has been lost and never to be seen again. I dunno, I never took on economics but I truly think that's going to bump the prices up at least another $100-200.. Kind of wish I did major in economics I'd be so much better at this lol.. If you are right about btc reaching $2000 by end of this year ill be a VERY happy man

your going to be a VERY happy man. $2000 is about as conservative as it gets. if you run the numbers we should see $4000-$5000 before a drop down to the $1000-1200 range. check the graph i posted above. these cycles are about as a predictable as it gets. the ONLY things, and its the ONLY things that would stop this, would be a 51% attack or FINCEN killing the industry. both of these are extremely unlikely.

Only time will tell.. I realized I made a huge error in my last post I calculated 12000btc as 10% of bitcoin out there, it's only 1%. Not merely enough to move the market that much, it's way past my bedtime. My bad lol
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:40:20 PM

Only time will tell.. I realized I made a huge error in my last post I calculated 12000btc as 10% of bitcoin out there, it's only 1%. Not merely enough to move the market that much, it's way past my bedtime. My bad lol

lol. only time will tell, but number's dont lie, either do adoption cycles. sleep well dude, ive only just woke up from a 14 hour sleep myself  Grin
Darkstone2

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:30:09 PM

((30x440)/6000)=2.2

Two words: delivery times. I also have the feeling that the numbers quoted by cryptx exclude the costs for PCB's.
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:08:26 PM

lol. only time will tell, but number's dont lie, either do adoption cycles. sleep well dude, ive only just woke up from a 14 hour sleep myself  Grin

Technical analysis can only take you so far with BTC at the moment.
It is not a stock or commodity with a fixed # of shares on the market, the # of BTC available for trade is growing every 10minutes or so, not to mention the folks who are saving it juxtaposed with those who are selling it as they acquire it.

There is a lot of positive happening in the crypto space that easily outweigh the technicals. The biggest one so far is the following.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304049904579518224044905190?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702304049904579518224044905190.html

For those who cant get past the paywall.

New York-based bitcoin trading platform Atlas ATS is partnering with a small U.S. stock exchange to expedite a regulatory approval process that has stymied the development of digital-currency exchanges in the U.S.

Under an agreement to be announced Wednesday, the National Stock Exchange, which is owned by the CBOE Holdings, CBOE +1.33% Inc. and is recognized by the Securities and Exchange Commission as a self-regulatory organization, or SRO, will write and enforce the rules governing how Atlas's exchange functions.

Once the two parties have agreed to those rules and surveillance procedures, Atlas will become the first bitcoin marketplace to be regulated by a "quasi-government entity," Atlas Chief Executive Officer Shawn Solves said.

That should mean it can bypass the time-consuming process currently confronting other budding bitcoin exchanges, such as Kraken and CoinMkt, both of San Francisco.

Those other exchanges have been forced to seek money-transmitting licenses from nearly all 50 U.S. states following instructions provided in October by the Treasury Department's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, or FinCEN. In that guidance, FinCEN said federally regulated entities would be exempt from those requirements.

It isn't clear how the SEC, which doesn't regulate bitcoin, might respond to Atlas's use of the National Stock Exchange's SRO status to earn this exemption. The SEC declined to comment for this article.

In a statement, Atlas said its rule book would be based on SEC-approved rules used by U.S. stock and option exchanges. These establish requirements for record books, the segregation of customer accounts, security of assets and other standards.

For the all-electronic National Stock Exchange, or NSX, the move could deliver a new source of revenue and relevancy in an industry increasingly dominated by far bigger exchanges such as IntercontinentalExchange ICE +1.62% Group and its NYSE-Euronext unit and Nasdaq OMX NDAQ +3.21% Group.

NSX traces its roots to the Cincinnati Stock Exchange, founded in the 1880s. The NSX so far this month has averaged just 0.2% of daily stock-trading volume in the U.S., according to data provided by BATS Global Markets Inc., a competitor to NSX.

An NSX president, Francis Corcoran, declined to comment.

Atlas's Chairman, William Karsh, is currently listed as a special adviser to the NSX. He said the decision to work with Atlas was made entirely by NSX Chairman and CEO David Harris. "I was instrumental in explaining what the industry around virtual currencies was all about, but that's about the extent of my involvement," Mr. Karsh said.

Atlas functions like an automated bitcoin trading system, providing rapid-fire, anonymous matching services for clients such as high-frequency trading firms, though it isn't formally regulated as an ATS by the SEC. Atlas also offers a public exchange where prices are broadcast to all market participants.

Launched last month with links to sister exchanges in Hong Kong and Singapore, the marketplace is currently processing 7,000 to 10,000 transactions a day while the public exchange is handling volume of just 100 to 1,000 trades a day, Mr. Solves said.

Atlas's launch coincides with efforts by other Wall Street-connected firms, such as private exchange SecondMarket Inc., to develop robust, high-tech and regulated bitcoin exchanges for professional investors. These are presented as alternatives to the Internet-based offshore retail exchanges that currently dominate digital-currency trading and whose vulnerabilities were highlighted by the collapse of Tokyo-based Mt. Gox in February.

Bitcoin's price soared to a peak of $1,145 in early December. However, it has since fallen below $500, according to a Coindesk index, following a string of negative developments, including the Mt. Gox bankruptcy.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:00:38 PM

Technical analysis can only take you so far with BTC at the moment.
It is not a stock or commodity with a fixed # of shares on the market, the # of BTC available for trade is growing every 10minutes or so, not to mention the folks who are saving it juxtaposed with those who are selling it as they acquire it.

There is a lot of positive happening in the crypto space that easily outweigh the technicals. The biggest one so far is the following.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304049904579518224044905190?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702304049904579518224044905190.html

For those who cant get past the paywall.

New York-based bitcoin trading platform Atlas ATS is partnering with a small U.S. stock exchange to expedite a regulatory approval process that has stymied the development of digital-currency exchanges in the U.S.

Under an agreement to be announced Wednesday, the National Stock Exchange, which is owned by the CBOE Holdings, CBOE +1.33% Inc. and is recognized by the Securities and Exchange Commission as a self-regulatory organization, or SRO, will write and enforce the rules governing how Atlas's exchange functions.

Once the two parties have agreed to those rules and surveillance procedures, Atlas will become the first bitcoin marketplace to be regulated by a "quasi-government entity," Atlas Chief Executive Officer Shawn Solves said.

That should mean it can bypass the time-consuming process currently confronting other budding bitcoin exchanges, such as Kraken and CoinMkt, both of San Francisco.

Those other exchanges have been forced to seek money-transmitting licenses from nearly all 50 U.S. states following instructions provided in October by the Treasury Department's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, or FinCEN. In that guidance, FinCEN said federally regulated entities would be exempt from those requirements.

It isn't clear how the SEC, which doesn't regulate bitcoin, might respond to Atlas's use of the National Stock Exchange's SRO status to earn this exemption. The SEC declined to comment for this article.

In a statement, Atlas said its rule book would be based on SEC-approved rules used by U.S. stock and option exchanges. These establish requirements for record books, the segregation of customer accounts, security of assets and other standards.

For the all-electronic National Stock Exchange, or NSX, the move could deliver a new source of revenue and relevancy in an industry increasingly dominated by far bigger exchanges such as IntercontinentalExchange ICE +1.62% Group and its NYSE-Euronext unit and Nasdaq OMX NDAQ +3.21% Group.

NSX traces its roots to the Cincinnati Stock Exchange, founded in the 1880s. The NSX so far this month has averaged just 0.2% of daily stock-trading volume in the U.S., according to data provided by BATS Global Markets Inc., a competitor to NSX.

An NSX president, Francis Corcoran, declined to comment.

Atlas's Chairman, William Karsh, is currently listed as a special adviser to the NSX. He said the decision to work with Atlas was made entirely by NSX Chairman and CEO David Harris. "I was instrumental in explaining what the industry around virtual currencies was all about, but that's about the extent of my involvement," Mr. Karsh said.

Atlas functions like an automated bitcoin trading system, providing rapid-fire, anonymous matching services for clients such as high-frequency trading firms, though it isn't formally regulated as an ATS by the SEC. Atlas also offers a public exchange where prices are broadcast to all market participants.

Launched last month with links to sister exchanges in Hong Kong and Singapore, the marketplace is currently processing 7,000 to 10,000 transactions a day while the public exchange is handling volume of just 100 to 1,000 trades a day, Mr. Solves said.

Atlas's launch coincides with efforts by other Wall Street-connected firms, such as private exchange SecondMarket Inc., to develop robust, high-tech and regulated bitcoin exchanges for professional investors. These are presented as alternatives to the Internet-based offshore retail exchanges that currently dominate digital-currency trading and whose vulnerabilities were highlighted by the collapse of Tokyo-based Mt. Gox in February.

Bitcoin's price soared to a peak of $1,145 in early December. However, it has since fallen below $500, according to a Coindesk index, following a string of negative developments, including the Mt. Gox bankruptcy.

I agree with what you saying about TA, but I'm talking consumer adoption cycles in technologies, these are usually the long-term fundamentials why TA usually sits ontop of those fundamentals to give a day-to-day outlook of the market. New or no news. The market will follow these psychological cycles as they have done for the past few years and will continue to do so until mass awareness
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:10:24 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 04:23:42 PM by rdyoung

I agree with what you saying about TA, but I'm talking consumer adoption cycles in technologies, these are usually the long-term fundamentials why TA usually sits ontop of those fundamentals to give a day-to-day outlook of the market. New or no news. The market will follow these psychological cycles as they have done for the past few years and will continue to do so until mass awareness

I am not so sure about that. When BTC is mainstream, the masses won't know they are using BTC, it will be the same as email.
You have to also account for the fact that with the # of BTC in circulation all it takes is a few very large investments from etf or other funds to send BTC skyrocketing. Once that exchange in the article and possibly others launch and active trader/investors can get in with ease that will override any psychological cycles.

EDIT: Just have to be facetious and say its nice to have a discussion where the thoughts from the other person are being read and digested.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:22:56 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 04:47:39 PM by mikemikemike

I am not so sure about that. When BTC is mainstream, the masses won't know they are using BTC, it will be the same as email.
You have to also account for the fact that with the # of BTC in circulation all it takes is a few very large investments from etf or other funds to send BTC skyrocketing. Once that exchange in the article and possibly others launch and active trader/investors can get in with ease that will override any psychological cycles.

What you are talking about is the next adoption cycle. It will be kickstarted when all the banks get involved and so do allot of the smaller businesses. As such the last one kicked in when china got involved.

These cycles usually need a big kick for the early stages to form. Is simple bubble economics. The only difference here is the bubble is pegged almost exactly to consumer adoption cycles. This is why the price has been linked to the number of transactions for the past few years. When the next one forms all the news papers will be going crazy and the exposure will be through the roof.

But yeah, it's companies like the one you posted below, doing shit like this, that makes the difference. The only reason the price didnt sky rocket when the atlas ATS news came through was because we are still in a decline from the last adoption cycle. If you think I'm wrong check the graph I posted before and look up technology adoption cycles. Both of those backup completely without fail what I'm saying. How BTC is priced at the moment might seem like its value but its not at all, we won't find it's true value for years to come aslong as their isn't some major fuck up on the BTC network.

No joke though, we could have major news now, like google accepting BTC and it wouldn't even drive the price up past 700, though, if that news came out when we wern't in a decline like we are in now, the price would shoot up 4x.

These cycles and their timings mean 10x more than any news or TA, because basically, BTC is a long way away from its true price. I mean shit, it's only a 6 billion dollar market, we are still major early adopters.

((30x440)/6000)=2.2

Two words: delivery times. I also have the feeling that the numbers quoted by cryptx exclude the costs for PCB's.

The fuck are you talking about? Two words delivery times?! They are delivered within a week of purchase. And of course they exclude PCB costs because we are using the capital from the IPO for PCBs. but i wouldnt expect you to know either of that because it would involve actually knowing somthing about this project instead of just coming here to sprout your unsubstantiated baseless opinion.

And FYI, if those numbers included the costs and rewards of PCBs our price per GH/s would be consistently lower.

It's easy to remove all these previous discussions from the quotes and take your points out of context to make it seem like your making a valid point but your not. Pleaseeee, stop posting. Everytime you post, time after fucking time, you just look more and more like your the idiot or troll I keep making you out to be. You wonder why I keep attacking you personally? Imagine you have someone in your workplace who's new, they have no idea what they are doing but they keep going around saying "this is wrong, this needs to be changed, this won't work" there's only so many times you can correct them before you just tell them to fuck off.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:32:59 PM

No joke though, we could have major news now, like google accepting BTC and it wouldn't even drive the price up past 700, though, if that news came out when we wern't in a decline like we are in now, the price would shoot up 4x.

These cycles and their timings mean 100x more than any news or TA.

This is what tells me we are nearing the bottom. One, we have the TA, I see 3 tests for the 350$ range with immediate rebound. Plus we have all the "bad" news that is losing its ability to shock the market, add to that all the good news that is piling up, eventually the damn will break. I predict we have another 30-60 days of this "flat" price, after that we should start to see a rise in price.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:39:11 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 05:14:15 PM by mikemikemike

These cycles and their timings mean 100x more than any news or TA.

This is what tells me we are nearing the bottom. One, we have the TA, I see 3 tests for the 350$ range with immediate rebound. Plus we have all the "bad" news that is losing its ability to shock the market, add to that all the good news that is piling up, eventually the damn will break. I predict we have another 30-60 days of this "flat" price, after that we should start to see a rise in price.

Completely agree with you. I just set the boundaries slightly differently, I think the bottom is 380 with a maybe few minor flash crashes to the 350 range before almost immediate retraction, and the next rise will happen within a month because this one has been stretched out by china way too long.
EdoBcn

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:44:26 AM

Current Network Hashrate: 60.000 TH/s
Peta: 480 TH/s

= 0,8%

Smiley We are getting there!
Aireun

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:40:07 PM

Current Network Hashrate: 60.000 TH/s
Peta: 480 TH/s

= 0,8%

Smiley We are getting there!

+1

Epic news, looking forward to further increase in hash rate/pool size.  Cheesy

Does, anyone know where we can have a look at the current bitcoins minded thus far?

In Bitcoin We Trust! Your link: https://hashie.co/t?p=30630&v=85f
EdoBcn

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:15:28 PM

Does, anyone know where we can have a look at the current bitcoins minded thus far?

Almost 1000!!!

https://blockchain.info/address/1PETAmNrgdzx3FwzJPNuhx18JVKdGtwWt6
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: