Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:39:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] PETAMINE - 1,150 TH/S HASH RATE (1GH/S per Unit)  (Read 565621 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:30:01 PM

0.0004 weekly profit off of a 0.07 priced share is actually really good, at least compared to non-bitcoin investments.

I bought in to PETA. A few days ago. I think it's a great bargain right now and I actually have some trust for the guys running it (unlike a lot of other securities).

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
pumawolf

Activity: 968
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:18:52 PM

sup guys i just bought my first share today,  if i sell  before the  payout do i still get  partial payout. if yes,  do i have to hold on to it for a full day at least.

If you're just investing to get the payout try putting your share on offer for what you paid for it +expected payout. If it doesn't sell you get your pay out, if it sells you get your payout a little sooner Smiley

However 0.0004 btc doesn't seem like a great profit. Why not wait, as soon as a big chunk of hardware comes online the price goes up, sell, wait till there's a drop and buy back in.
is there some kind of shedule or estimation of when hardware will come online
jjjohnson

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:29:22 AM

sup guys i just bought my first share today,  if i sell  before the  payout do i still get  partial payout. if yes,  do i have to hold on to it for a full day at least.

If you're just investing to get the payout try putting your share on offer for what you paid for it +expected payout. If it doesn't sell you get your pay out, if it sells you get your payout a little sooner Smiley

However 0.0004 btc doesn't seem like a great profit. Why not wait, as soon as a big chunk of hardware comes online the price goes up, sell, wait till there's a drop and buy back in.
is there some kind of shedule or estimation of when hardware will come online

Yes, they're on the peta-mine website and earlier in the thread.
But with all the hardware delays, you'll probably be disappointed and sell too early or below what it's worth.
The point is that they have contracts with manufacturers, hardware is arriving but just not as quickly as they were originally planned to be.
Usman056

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:42:59 AM

YAY! were hashing at a wopping 1 gh/s per share... actually its more like .82 gh/s per share.. and this is what a month after "deployment"? your seriously telling me that after putting hundreds of thousands into hardware they don't consider you a priority or that they aren't giving you additional hardware to compensate?
spartan82

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:46:50 AM

YAY! were hashing at a wopping 1 gh/s per share... actually its more like .82 gh/s per share.. and this is what a month after "deployment"? your seriously telling me that after putting hundreds of thousands into hardware they don't consider you a priority or that they aren't giving you additional hardware to compensate?

I've been trying to say this since we deployed but it seems people are happy to pay out of the arse only to cop it in the arse without any lube
kenmomotaro

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:53:27 AM

I've been trying to say this since we deployed but it seems people are happy to pay out of the arse only to cop it in the arse without any lube

In real world business you do your investment because of forecasting the development of a company. That is great here. Its a company project not a private one and they are projecting at lot of profit to the shareholder.

The company have to give right forecasts and thats the only problem here, why the shareprice chart is looking like a pump and dump story (like dogshit  Cheesy ). Disappointing shareholders is a very very serious problem. There for just past or worst scenario press releases should be send to the shareholders. Everyone in the PR of big companys know that. I really dont know, why petamine act like an amateur. It could be that they will get seriously dangerous for shareholders in the future. One more wrong press release and I will consider of decreasing my investment. And the next press releases will come soon regarding the development of the own hardware, new conctract with bitmine etc. I was thinking that petamine will make a difference on havelock, but it seems they are going to follow its predecessors like kcmin, hmf etc.

Good Luck!

It's very serious regarding their own development hardware, both the total cost and the chip quantities Bitmine can offer.
So far Bitmine has some problem on massive production of their standalone products. However, if Bitmine can offer enough chips to PETA-MINE, then everything will be good. The only problem left will be the cost. How much cost needed in building their own hardware.
Right now I'm just holding shares. I'll increase or decrease shares base on how they deal with these 2 issues.   
trek27

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:52:58 PM

Production status update from Bitmine:

Rig's shipping now expected in about 2-3 weeks.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:31:52 PM

nice to see production at double capacity. should get the rest of our desks this week and next.
qwertyqwerty

Activity: 202

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:39:34 PM

"about 2-3 weeks". cheeky twist on an old classic
JstnPwll

Activity: 92

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:15:51 PM

O promised shipping dates, how I both love and loathe thee.

Developer, entrepreneur, idea-seeker.
BTC: 14MP75VG3Nf53pSEjowmA9gVPVvEvNpabz
howardb

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:18:24 PM

A lot of Petamine does not make sense to me as an investment. First of all people seem to be frequently confusing Cryptx the company with Petamine the project, the shares you buy are in the project not the company, and there in lies the danger.

The profit motive is with Cryptx who are getting Jo public to finance THEIR petamine project. So before you invest in this, you have to seriously ask where Cryptx is making it's money!

a) Building and selling custom mining kit to sell to 'the project' at profit

b) Building and leasing to 'the project' hosting space at profit

c) Selling electric to the project at $0.45/Kwh at huge profit (No genuinely run bitcoin mine would invest in an area charging 0.45/kwh!)

d) Keeping 35% of Jo Publics dividends to grow their own capital value (Which I doubt will keep up with bitcoin difficulty growth)

Thats just off the top of my head, enough red flags to give me serious pause. Unless Cryptx can explain their business plan/profit motive in more honest terms, I just don't see it as anything other than a clever ploy by Cryptx to aquire our money for their growth.
VonSpecht

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:43:34 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 05:28:03 PM by VonSpecht

To be honest, the overall situation of Bitmine doesn't seems very bright at the moment and they haven't too many chances to give false promises anymore... Unfortunately, also the success of PETAMINE seems to be quite strongly tied with Bitmine. So it would be nice the hear from Cryptx, do they have some kind of "PLAN-B", if Bitmine really fails?

Even they are closely connected with Bitmine, I think that they must have also some backdoor plans for the situation, where Bitmine ultimately fails... Of course they have a contract and maybe even better "customer protection" terms on it than other customers have, but let's say that the worst-case scenario happens and Bitmine goes to bankruptcy, then it does not really matter what kind of contract they have, because it would take too much of time in anyway to get moneys from bankrupt's estate and to re-invest them for additional hardware...

I don't know, maybe they have already some concrete plans, for example using some OEM PCB manufacturer to assembling large amounts of custom made boards, an additional big order for Cointerra or some other company??  
ujka

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:47:45 PM

I would like to address just that c) point:

c) Selling electric to the project at $0.45/Kwh at huge profit (No genuinely run bitcoin mine would invest in an area charging 0.45/kwh!)

$0.45/kwh is for hosting, not only electricity:

How much did KnC charge for 6 months of hosting for their Jupiter miners? $2100? (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg2707082#msg2707082)

Jupiter, is that 0.6 kW/H ?

0.6 * 24 * 30 * 6 = 2592 kW
$2100 / 2592 kW = 0.81 $/kW

Isn't that overkill ?
IamNotSure

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:14:13 PM

Serious trolling today.

Always funny to see people screaming how bad a deal is, when they're not invested (anymore). Usually, when I sell a stock, I stfu and gtfo, and I really don't care about the bagholders.

Shareholders are not stupid, they can do simple math calculations, and know the risks involved about the uncertainty of this stock.
howardb

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:31:26 PM

I would like to address just that c) point:

$0.45/kwh is for hosting, not only electricity:

All the more suspicous, not being transparent with costs. Absolutely no justification for hiding hosting fees in electricity costs, they are just trying to make it difficult to compare.

How much did KnC charge for 6 months of hosting for their Jupiter miners? $2100? (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg2707082#msg2707082)

Jupiter, is that 0.6 kW/H ?

0.6 * 24 * 30 * 6 = 2592 kW
$2100 / 2592 kW = 0.81 $/kW

Isn't that overkill ?
Yes thats my point exactly, a lot of these so called zero profit cooperatives really just do it so the organiser can actually make profit out of hosting/electric etc, you MUST examine profit motivations
howardb

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:38:36 PM

Serious trolling today.

Always funny to see people screaming how bad a deal is, when they're not invested (anymore). Usually, when I sell a stock, I stfu and gtfo, and I really don't care about the bagholders.

Shareholders are not stupid, they can do simple math calculations, and know the risks involved about the uncertainty of this stock.

Challenging the logic of why it is or is not a good investment is healthy, screaming every nay sayer is a troll is a classic sign of cognitive bias, where you seek out only answers which re-enforce the view you want to be true.
JstnPwll

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:50:37 PM

Challenging the logic of why it is or is not a good investment is healthy, screaming every nay sayer is a troll is a classic sign of cognitive bias, where you seek out only answers which re-enforce the view you want to be true.

This is true; however, the important factor has been known for a long time (that is, the specified cost of electricity and hosting). Regardless of the real or imagined motives involved in this cost, the number is still the same. Hypothesizing over whether CryptX makes profit from this figure does not affect anyone's calculations.

howardb

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:03:05 PM

This is true; however, the important factor has been known for a long time (that is, the specified cost of electricity and hosting). Regardless of the real or imagined motives involved in this cost, the number is still the same. Hypothesizing over whether CryptX makes profit from this figure does not affect anyone's calculations.
It affects my calculations. Putting it simply, the total profit in an enterprise like this will be the same regardless of whether it's funded by the company or by an IPO (thats a misnomer in this context) for the project. If I believe there is a conflict of interest in how those profits will be allocated between the company and the public project (via charges) then i'm far less likely to trust to the company or the project.

I fail to understand how you don't get that?
JstnPwll

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:23:06 PM

It affects my calculations. Putting it simply, the total profit in an enterprise like this will be the same regardless of whether it's funded by the company or by an IPO (thats a misnomer in this context) for the project. If I believe there is a conflict of interest in how those profits will be allocated between the company and the public project (via charges) then i'm far less likely to trust to the company or the project.

I fail to understand how you don't get that?

I get that you are less likely to trust the project because you deem those costs unfair, which means you think they might slight you in the future. Whether or not you trust them is your prerogative, but my point is that you haven't brought anything new to the table. We've seen the numbers. I personally don't care whether CryptX profits from the project, in fact I hope they do; otherwise why would they put forth all this effort? My own calculations were based on numbers, and what I can expect to make in returns based on those numbers. I wasn't comparing that to what I fear others might be making.

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:27:37 AM

So not digging this not being able to view elgius hashrate stats situation.  :/

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: