Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:24:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] PETAMINE - 1,150 TH/S HASH RATE (1GH/S per Unit)  (Read 565645 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:23:55 AM

Challenging the logic of why it is or is not a good investment is healthy, screaming every nay sayer is a troll is a classic sign of cognitive bias, where you seek out only answers which re-enforce the view you want to be true.

This is true; however, the important factor has been known for a long time (that is, the specified cost of electricity and hosting). Regardless of the real or imagined motives involved in this cost, the number is still the same. Hypothesizing over whether CryptX makes profit from this figure does not affect anyone's calculations.
It affects my calculations. Putting it simply, the total profit in an enterprise like this will be the same regardless of whether it's funded by the company or by an IPO (thats a misnomer in this context) for the project. If I believe there is a conflict of interest in how those profits will be allocated between the company and the public project (via charges) then i'm far less likely to trust to the company or the project.

I fail to understand how you don't get that?

I get that you are less likely to trust the project because you deem those costs unfair, which means you think they might slight you in the future. Whether or not you trust them is your prerogative, but my point is that you haven't brought anything new to the table. We've seen the numbers. I personally don't care whether CryptX profits from the project, in fact I hope they do; otherwise why would they put forth all this effort? My own calculations were based on numbers, and what I can expect to make in returns based on those numbers. I wasn't comparing that to what I fear others might be making.

It is clear who here knows how businesses work and who has no clue.
The .45/kwh is a well known part of the equation, it would be a red flag for me if they were attempting do this without taking any kind of management fees.
They are paying 100% of mined btc to the shareholders minus of course the 35% reinvestment, so where else are they going to get the money to operate the mine?

Those that are trolling against peta, do they not know that it appears that everyone is having issues deploying 28nm tech.
Can someone name 1 chip/hardware manufacturer that has never had any setbacks or delays when producing hardware?

1 last thing that speaks to the professionalism NOT amateur nature of cryptx/petamine. Found this on their website.

To ensure a fast deployment at a low cost, we decided to produce our own mining hardware based on the A1 chips. To accomplish this, we have currently 3 teams working on 3 different designs. We will choose the most optimal design in terms of costs and convenience for our production.

They are working on 3 different pcb designs at once. That to me screams professionalism and that they know the issues that can arise and are attempting to avoid them.

IamNotSure

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:33:24 AM

Difficulty increase

Code:
Mar 13 2014	4,250,217,920	11.39%	30,424,245 GH/s

The growth seems to be slowing, but it's too soon to tell
mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:05:51 AM

Challenging the logic of why it is or is not a good investment is healthy, screaming every nay sayer is a troll is a classic sign of cognitive bias, where you seek out only answers which re-enforce the view you want to be true.

This is true; however, the important factor has been known for a long time (that is, the specified cost of electricity and hosting). Regardless of the real or imagined motives involved in this cost, the number is still the same. Hypothesizing over whether CryptX makes profit from this figure does not affect anyone's calculations.
It affects my calculations. Putting it simply, the total profit in an enterprise like this will be the same regardless of whether it's funded by the company or by an IPO (thats a misnomer in this context) for the project. If I believe there is a conflict of interest in how those profits will be allocated between the company and the public project (via charges) then i'm far less likely to trust to the company or the project.

I fail to understand how you don't get that?

I get that you are less likely to trust the project because you deem those costs unfair, which means you think they might slight you in the future. Whether or not you trust them is your prerogative, but my point is that you haven't brought anything new to the table. We've seen the numbers. I personally don't care whether CryptX profits from the project, in fact I hope they do; otherwise why would they put forth all this effort? My own calculations were based on numbers, and what I can expect to make in returns based on those numbers. I wasn't comparing that to what I fear others might be making.

The .45/kwh is a well known part of the equation, it would be a red flag for me if they were attempting do this without taking any kind of management fees.
They are paying 100% of mined btc to the shareholders minus of course the 35% reinvestment, so where else are they going to get the money to operate the mine?

Those that are trolling against peta, do they not know that it appears that everyone is having issues deploying 28nm tech.
Can someone name 1 chip/hardware manufacturer that has never had any setbacks or delays when producing hardware?

1 last thing that speaks to the professionalism NOT amateur nature of cryptx/petamine. Found this on their website.

To ensure a fast deployment at a low cost, we decided to produce our own mining hardware based on the A1 chips. To accomplish this, we have currently 3 teams working on 3 different designs. We will choose the most optimal design in terms of costs and convenience for our production.

They are working on 3 different pcb designs at once. That to me screams professionalism and that they know the issues that can arise and are attempting to avoid them.

+1 +2 +3
Darkstone2

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:51:55 PM

I can recall only 1 delay in the history of intel chips, where a critical bug was detected in the Sandy bridge chipset 2 of 3 days after shipping.

I know what you're thinking. Intel had plenty of delays. That is probably true, but there is 1 critical difference: intel doesn't announce a launch date until they are sure they can meet it. In contrast to, for example, BFL. I think that the word 'setback' is too kind because they are just lying against customers, promising ship dates that are unrealistic.

Also, cut the constant name calling.

Designing a PCB is not the hard thing. Designing a chip is. Also they are designing a PCB.. with whose money exactly? The IPO doesn't mention cost for designing PCB's.
JstnPwll

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:57:10 PM

Difficulty increase

Code:
Mar 13 2014	4,250,217,920	11.39%	30,424,245 GH/s

The growth seems to be slowing, but it's too soon to tell

This is the smallest growth percentage-wise since June. I'm sure we'll see some more periods of high growth, but it is nice to see that it's not constant.

Developer, entrepreneur, idea-seeker.
BTC: 14MP75VG3Nf53pSEjowmA9gVPVvEvNpabz
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:35:31 PM

looks like they added some new machines while eligius was down.

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1PETAmNrgdzx3FwzJPNuhx18JVKdGtwWt6
Foebar

Activity: 156

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:40:32 PM

looks like they added some new machines while eligius was down.

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1PETAmNrgdzx3FwzJPNuhx18JVKdGtwWt6

12 hours   101.57 Th/s   1021627152
3 hours   103.81 Th/s   261027696
22.5 minutes   102.62 Th/s   32255616
256 seconds   103.08 Th/s   6143939
128 seconds   101.98 Th/s   3039156

rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:43:38 PM

I can recall only 1 delay in the history of intel chips, where a critical bug was detected in the Sandy bridge chipset 2 of 3 days after shipping.

I know what you're thinking. Intel had plenty of delays. That is probably true, but there is 1 critical difference: intel doesn't announce a launch date until they are sure they can meet it. In contrast to, for example, BFL. I think that the word 'setback' is too kind because they are just lying against customers, promising ship dates that are unrealistic.

Designing a PCB is not the hard thing. Designing a chip is. Also they are designing a PCB.. with whose money exactly? The IPO doesn't mention cost for designing PCB's.

your comparing intel with bitcoin ASIC manufacturers? you know exactly what he meant.

nice try douchebag.

This is why I refer to them as trolls.
We are discussing asics and btc mining and they bring up intel, same as if we were discussing issues with the supply chain in the coffee sector and they bring up bananas.
I would bet my all of my btc that when working on shrinking die sizes intel/amd/samsung, etc have had and will have many delays in chip design/production.
Now with bitmine and 28nm they have the chips ready to go, they have had to redesign the pcb same as cointerra, i think they are on redesign #3 if I am not mistaken. So PCB design isn't all that easy it turns out. From what I can gather this is what slowed down their production lines. And going by the drop off in difficulty increase, looks like there are plenty of bad pcbs to go around.

As for the IPO, this is where people are confused.
Crypt/Petamine came out of their own pocket to broker the deals with cointerra and bitmine as well as purchase the datacenter.
The IPO was in essence a way for them to repay the loan to themselves and give us a piece of the action.
They did NOT have to do this, they could have just kept the mine to themselves.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:53:38 PM

ALL HAIL CRYPTX AND OUR 100TH/s MINE.

nowww. any chance of an update on the next deliveries CryptX? im starting to think we should see regular deliveries now, can you confirm?

*boner*
howardb

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:00:47 PM

Wow, all hale you. Personally I place as much emphasis on the soft factors in business as the spread sheetable snippets you seem to basing your 'intelligence' on. Things like trust, communication, integrity, ability, track record. But hey I guess that makes me a Troll in your eyes!!
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:44:49 PM

Wow, all hale you. Personally I place as much emphasis on the soft factors in business as the spread sheetable snippets you seem to basing your 'intelligence' on. Things like trust, communication, integrity, ability, track record. But hey I guess that makes me a Troll in your eyes!!

Most of your points was about what makes a business function behind the scenes.
IE, somehow you "know" that cryptx is selling hardware to petamine at a profit. Not sure how you know that, but more power to you.

Yes, the soft factors as you put it are important, but before you can focus on PR, you have to focus on the hard #s and behind the scenes stuff that make a business work and is profitable.
There are many businesses where poor marketing and PR will cause to you fail, but there are just as many, if not more where the customer relations, marketing, etc come second to a solid business plan.
And to compare cryptx/petamine to say a grocery store, is bad form and is troll like.

We are NOT customers of petamine, they will have no customers. We are shareholders, and as far as I am concerned they have done a decent job of keeping us in the loop.

I will repeat that for those just tuning in.

We are NOT customers of petamine, they will have no customers. We are shareholders, and as far as I am concerned they have done a decent job of keeping us in the loop.

If you have issues with the way they are running things, or you feel it won't be profitable and is not worth your investment, you are free to sell your shares and move on. If not, kindly stop with the BS or at the very least bring some real information to the table.
howardb

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:55:21 PM

i think he was calling darkstone a troll not you, which is a fair point, darkstone is the troll of trolls.
Then he needs to man up and look his enemy in the eye rather than dropping cluster bombs from 30,000 feet!

Wow, more troll BS.
How would you like to do this?
Duel at high noon on main street?
Or should we both brandish swords and fight to the death.
Or maybe we could just have a staring contest.

The Troll BS is really immature and unbecoming (Unless of course you really are immature in which case, figures!). I'm a shareholder who chose to challenge my own and your preconceptions about the business model, that simple! What i've heard so far is people like you putting their hands over their ears shouting 'troll troll troll' as evidenced by the fact that you completely missed my point on who is a customer of who. I made the argument that we 'Petamine project' are customers of Cryptx therefore to believe there is not and can never be a conflict of interest over profit, risk or even information flow, is downright naive.  
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:07:39 PM

i think he was calling darkstone a troll not you, which is a fair point, darkstone is the troll of trolls.
Then he needs to man up and look his enemy in the eye rather than dropping cluster bombs from 30,000 feet!

Wow, more troll BS.

The Troll BS is really immature and unbecoming (Unless of course you really are immature in which case, figures!). I'm a shareholder who chose to challenge my own and your preconceptions about the business model, that simple! What i've heard so far is people like you putting their hands over their ears shouting 'troll troll troll' as evidenced by the fact that you completely missed my point on who is a customer of who. I made the argument that we 'Petamine project' are customers of Cryptx therefore to believe there is not and can never be a conflict of interest over profit, risk or even information flow, is downright naive.  

No, the fact that I went fishing with C4 with the "who knows business and who doesn't" along with the "those that are trolling".
And you popped up all offended at being called a troll when I did not single you at all, tells me alot. A) you are a troll trying so very hard to not be, or B) Your not so sure about your own knowledge in this arena. If neither are true, why are you so up in arms about a general troll comment?

And by the way,
my dueling comment was sarcastic, if that wasn't obvious. I should have opened and closed it with {/sarcasm} tags.

Again,
How in the hell are we customers of cryptx?
We are shareholders in petamine which is a subsidiary of cryptx?
I start rdyoung holdings, which creates rdyoung mining llc, and give you shares in rdyoung mining llc. Does that make you a customer of rdyoung holdings? NO it doesn't, even if rdyoung holding sells or rents equipment to rdyoung mining. rdyoung mining is possibly a customer depending on how you define it for tax and legal purposes, but the shareholders are still shareholders.
I would argue that you could only claim yourself a customer if you owned enough shares to flex some weight when it comes to company decisions. Until then, your still a lowly shareholder, shareholders don't have much influence or importance unless they own a majority of shares, or can bring together enough shareholders to push the board around.
Darkstone2

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:38:27 PM

your comparing intel with bitcoin ASIC manufacturers? you know exactly what he meant.

nice try douchebag.

This is why I refer to them as trolls.
We are discussing asics and btc mining and they bring up intel, same as if we were discussing issues with the supply chain in the coffee sector and they bring up bananas.
I would bet my all of my btc that when working on shrinking die sizes intel/amd/samsung, etc have had and will have many delays in chip design/production.
Now with bitmine and 28nm they have the chips ready to go, they have had to redesign the pcb same as cointerra, i think they are on redesign #3 if I am not mistaken. So PCB design isn't all that easy it turns out. From what I can gather this is what slowed down their production lines. And going by the drop off in difficulty increase, looks like there are plenty of bad pcbs to go around.

As for the IPO, this is where people are confused.
Crypt/Petamine came out of their own pocket to broker the deals with cointerra and bitmine as well as purchase the datacenter.
The IPO was in essence a way for them to repay the loan to themselves and give us a piece of the action.
They did NOT have to do this, they could have just kept the mine to themselves.

I interpreted his words exactly as they where written. If that interpretation is incorrect, you should blame the one that wrote those words, not those who merely interpreted the words.

Wow, more troll BS.

I was starting to lose my hope, but it appears that there are at least some people left that have the guts to provide proper arguments rather than mindless name calling. Thank you.

Wow, more troll BS.

No, the fact that I went fishing with C4 with the "who knows business and who doesn't" along with the "those that are trolling".
And you popped up all offended at being called a troll when I did not single you at all, tells me alot. A) you are a troll trying so very hard to not be, or B) Your not so sure about your own knowledge in this arena. If neither are true, why are you so up in arms about a general troll comment?

And by the way,
my dueling comment was sarcastic, if that wasn't obvious. I should have opened and closed it with {/sarcasm} tags.

Again,
How in the hell are we customers of cryptx?
We are shareholders in petamine which is a subsidiary of cryptx?
I start rdyoung holdings, which creates rdyoung mining llc, and give you shares in rdyoung mining llc. Does that make you a customer of rdyoung holdings? NO it doesn't, even if rdyoung holding sells or rents equipment to rdyoung mining. rdyoung mining is possibly a customer depending on how you define it for tax and legal purposes, but the shareholders are still shareholders.
I would argue that you could only claim yourself a customer if you owned enough shares to flex some weight when it comes to company decisions. Until then, your still a lowly shareholder, shareholders don't have much influence or importance unless they own a majority of shares, or can bring together enough shareholders to push the board around.

You are completely missing his (and my) point.  Rather than providing good arguments to fight the skepticism, everybody is running around covering his ears en yelling TROLL TROLL!! I'd say that tells a lot about the existence of those arguments..

Really, what's up with that? You can't fight skepticism by trolling back, but you can fight it by providing better arguments. What do you think will be better for the value of PETAMINE shares? 5 people screaming the word troll, or an good discussion about how the funds are allocated?

Let me ask it again nicely, who is paying for the costs of the PCB's. The shareholders? If so, how do we know we're paying a fair price for those PCB's? I haven't seen a cost breakdown yet..
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:02:47 PM

You are completely missing his (and my) point.  Rather than providing good arguments to fight the skepticism, everybody is running around covering his ears en yelling TROLL TROLL!! I'd say that tells a lot about the existence of those arguments..

Really, what's up with that? You can't fight skepticism by trolling back, but you can fight it by providing better arguments. What do you think will be better for the value of PETAMINE shares? 5 people screaming the word troll, or an good discussion about how the funds are allocated?

Let me ask it again nicely, who is paying for the costs of the PCB's. The shareholders? If so, how do we know we're paying a fair price for those PCB's? I haven't seen a cost breakdown yet..

Nay, it is you who is ignoring what others have posted.
They likely got the money for the PCBs the same place they got the money to pay for the deployment of an extra 500+ Terahashes of hardware. The havelock ipo happened when BTC/USD was a lot higher than the original ipo last year. My bet is that the funds came from that or, the folks behind cryptx have some deep pockets and decided to anty up to make up for the major delay in deployment, it helps us as well them because it puts us further ahead than we would have been.

Some #s for you to visualize. NOTE: These are based on #s I can find now, without too much slogging through the interwebs. If someone can provide better #s, please do so and we can adjust the math,
Lets say BTC was @ 100$ when they first IPO'd. They issued 100k shares @ .05btc each, looking to raise 5kBTC or about 500,000$.
Based on the shares put up @ havelock, they sold 63496 raising approximately 317480.
The havelock IPO according this page https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=PETA sold 5816 shares, if they cashed them out @ or near 1k, they would have brought in another 290800$. over 100k more than they were originally looking for.

Again, I know there are issues with the above #s, I don't know where to account for the ipo that they pulled leaving us to split 80k instead of 100k shares.

As for your attempted "question" about cryptx selling hardware to petamine at a markup thereby possibly hurting the petamine operation and profits. This is why I said that some people have no clue how a business is run. It is in their interest to get the most efficient and lowest priced hardware online so that the mine can get and stay ahead of difficulty.
They could cripple the mine by overcharging for hardware, but that would only make them a short term profit, and a profit that would shrink with each difficulty increase.

It would make much more sense for them to take advantage of the prices from bulk purchases and deploy their hardware for personal profits, rather than attempt to milk a cow that would quickly dry up.

Again, I pose a simple question.
WHY oh WHY would a person/company spend so much time and effort purchasing a datacenter, outfitting to handle more hardware than it did at purchase, only to make a short term profit?
trek27

Activity: 172

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:02:12 PM

It's March 13 and PETA-MINE just crossed its first 100TH. Despite undeniable efforts by CryptX we are well behind schedule (~300TH). Let's hope Bitmine gets production finally on track.

Also, we are approaching very important moment. According to THE ANNOUNCEMENT week 13 (24-29 March) could mark first delivery of our own mining devices based on A1 chips - fingers crossed.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:02:06 PM

It's March 13 and PETA-MINE just crossed its first 100TH. Despite undeniable efforts by CryptX we are well behind schedule (~300TH). Let's hope Bitmine gets production finally on track.

Also, we are approaching very important moment. According to THE ANNOUNCEMENT week 13 (24-29 March) could mark first delivery of our own mining devices based on A1 chips - fingers crossed.

Here's hoping that our hashrate and dividends start heading for the sky.
michaelGedi

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:05:00 PM

gosh this thread got terribly interesting...

I don't really get why anyone gives a shit about whether they win an argument or not in a largely anonymous internet forum. You're writing under a psuedonym for christs sake. Swallow your pride and shut the fuck up, otherwise you are obviously arguing for the sake of the argument. When you quote 3 massive sections of text to write short replies, you are either a retard or you are doing that for a reason.

Lastly, raise all the questions you want about a business model. But please stop with the pathetic cynical computer geek tone that is so so prevalent on these forums - and so so boring it's childish. You don't know it all so stop trying to talk like you do.... and cost breakdown on pcb designs? Isn't it a bit early for that? Did cryptx offer that up on the contract or something? Speculate all you want but get with the fucking reality of what is going on here - you can't control this, it's happening with or without you and not within the specific parameters you demand or speculate would be the "best case scenario"

-in other news, 100TH, good, more (albeit slow) progress

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
stompysteve

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:10:07 PM

I love how pretty much all share movement stops as soon as eliguis goes down lol, is there any other way we can monitor their hashrate?
MonkeyBear68

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:16:43 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 10:57:51 PM by MonkeyBear68

Hats off to CryptX for getting us above 100 TH/sec!  Smiley

I believe one metric we can use to judge how well PETA is performing in relation to others is our position in the list of top contributors on eligius. One month ago we started around #40 and last time I checked we were at #13. You can check our position by going to the following link:

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/topcontributors.php

Currently the eligius stats are offline, but once they are back you can see how PETA compares to others. Ultimately if CryptX's goal of 2% total network comes to fruition we should end up #1 on this list.  Cool

(Stats are back) We are currently #7 on the list. We should rapidly move up to the #2 spot. Overtaking #1 will not occur until PETA has fully deployed and substantial reinvestment has been applied.

Eligius pool currently provides ~15% of the total hash power as shown in the following pie chart:

http://blockchain.info/pools

You can hover over a section of the pie to see each pools percentage contribution to the total hash rate.
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: