Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:52:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] PETAMINE - 1,150 TH/S HASH RATE (1GH/S per Unit)  (Read 565641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:49:17 AM

Why do you have to resort to name calling?
OH, yeah I know why, because you are out of your depths and instead of educating yourself, you play bully to cover up your lack of knowledge.
I suggest you look up the following authors for a start, victor sperandeo and stan weinstein. They provide a great starting place for those looking to trade stocks/commodities/etc.

Boy you are so far off the mark with me I'm not sure where to begin, but it does typify your ignorance:

a) Do I know how the markets work? Well lets see, i've been personally trading for 30 years in pretty much all available instruments. I've been a software designer in futures trading for a major scandinavian bank, and a settlement systems designer for a major US brokerage. These days I'm involved in helping UK banks implement cloud infrastructure.

b) Why do I name call? I have a very low tolerance for ignorant people who try to lecture other people with misleading or plain incorrect facts.

c) Why do I think you are plain wrong? Suggesting the one week dividend cycle will engender different price behaviour to the more normal quarterly or annual cycle of corporations is bizaar at best. The value of the upcoming dividend WILL be discounted to share price when it's paid (ex div). Just like every stock in the world. Right now that dividend is NOT big enough to make a difference, but that behaviour WILL assert itself as the dividend grows.

d) Can the share price drop? Yes if course it can, already described how,you chose to ignore the point, so i'll make it again. The share price will drop if/when the market realises the asset base growth is not keeping pace with the Bitcoin difficulty growth! Because THAT is the basis for fundamental valuation of the project's shares (The future potential earnings + physical asset values) REGARDLESS OF DIVIDEND. Get it?Huh

First, you jumping to insults undermines anything intelligent and worthwhile you have to say. If you can leave the insults behind and carry on a conversation devoid of the BS, I am happy to debate or discuss any topic you can think of, if I don't know it well I will educate myself, the more data the better.

Second, while you are correct about the shareprice possibly being bearish if and when peta is unable to keep up with difficulty, that day is not here yet as they have not fully deployed the 700ths, and week to week as long as they keep deploying hardware it is likely that the price will keep steady or possibly slightly climbing. You also can not discount the people who stated here that they will be holding longterm, I am one of those, and while my holdings aren't enough to make a large dent, its fewer shares that are on the open market.

Third, you are trying to apply the same trading techniques and mentality to this market as you would stocks or commodity futures.
You can't trade a penny stock the same way you would goog or ibm. The market cap isn't there, neither is the volume. Pennies as well as the virtual markets such as havelock or cryptostocks, are traded more on emotion rather than technical analysis.

I am glad you posted your resume here, I hope it helps you feel better about yourself, as for me, I know what I know and what I don't know, those who know more than I do on a particular subject can likely judge my knowledge and skill level based on my posts.
The authors I suggested you check out, they are who I started with. Weinsteins how to profit in bull and bear markets is the penultimate guide IMHO for those who are either looking into or are already into technical analysis based trading. However, as I have said before, the volume just isn't there to trade securities such as peta or asicminer with technical analysis, instead you have to do your DD and treat it as if you were an VC or angel investor and decide whether you think they have a solid business plan and a clear and attainable path to being profitable.

This entire thread is filled with posts giving a pretty thorough analysis of petas potential profit or potential lack of.
There is likely a decent amount of BTC on the sidelines waiting for peta to fully deploy, when this happens I would bet that we see a decent spike in the share price. Along with those like me that are and will continue to reinvest, taking the shares from those that were only in it for a quick profit.

You really are an insulting, patronising, argumentative person. You should really re-read your own posts before you start calling anyone else out for name calling.

None of your above 'analysis', and I use that term in the very loosest of senses, supports your previous arguments for share price stability or selling post dividend "risk free". The very presence of that risk element in the share price means this investment is completely different from your earlier assertion that this is "just like buying hashing contracts" or words to that effect.

Yes, we are not there yet on when the share price might go down due to not keeping up with BTC difficulty, thats kind of an obvious thing to state during initial rollout phase, but the fact that it is small cap and illiquid is exactly why there is a high risk of a very sudden and deep fall at the very first sign of hash growth not being fast enough (either from not rolling out phase 1 fast enough or failing to roll out the re-investment hardware fast enough or re-investment not being high enough).

When confidence is lost in an illiquid stock, it only takes a few sellers to completely overwhelm the shallow bid, and price falls off a cliff out of all proportion to the real failure to deliver! That can happen, and it can happen at any time, so nobody should be getting into this stock on your advice that it's safe to trade it just for the weekly dividends, that would be bad advice, you may well find yourself losing everything.

Its quite obvious that you are one the just seething for an argument.

It doesn't matter what you or I have to say, the market has chosen. The market has decided that peta is currently worth .07btc/share.

All your doing to further your point of view, whatever it is, is twisting my words.
It doesnt matter that 2 others of have posted in support of me being correct in the short term, you continue to put words in my mouth and warp the ones I have typed, while ignoring other points I have made. Again, your trying to pigeon hole whatever logic you think works for you into this situation.

Because you are obviously incapable of a true debate I am putting you on ignore, don't bother replying to this.
I had held out hope that you were able to be a logical dissenting voice, but alas I was wrong.
bcmine

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:14:26 AM

Easy calculation of value:

BEST Case Speculation:

770 TH in April 25 = 770.000 * 0,008 BTC (FHA cex.io price) : BTC 6180 in Share BTC 0,072

+ 30 % TH from reinvestment (210 TH * 0,0025 BTC = 525 BTC)

980 TH in Mai 25 = 980.000 * 0,004 (FHM cex.io price) : BTC 3920 in Share BTC 0,048

So the share value remains attractive as it is the IPO price and shareholders profit from dividend  Grin

GOOD Case Speculation:

500 TH in April 25 = BTC 4000 in Share BTC 0,05 and then in Mai around BTC 0,025

In any cases a BTC 0,05 price a share is a good investment.  Smiley

howardb

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:46:30 AM

Why do you have to resort to name calling?
OH, yeah I know why, because you are out of your depths and instead of educating yourself, you play bully to cover up your lack of knowledge.
I suggest you look up the following authors for a start, victor sperandeo and stan weinstein. They provide a great starting place for those looking to trade stocks/commodities/etc.

Boy you are so far off the mark with me I'm not sure where to begin, but it does typify your ignorance:

a) Do I know how the markets work? Well lets see, i've been personally trading for 30 years in pretty much all available instruments. I've been a software designer in futures trading for a major scandinavian bank, and a settlement systems designer for a major US brokerage. These days I'm involved in helping UK banks implement cloud infrastructure.

b) Why do I name call? I have a very low tolerance for ignorant people who try to lecture other people with misleading or plain incorrect facts.

c) Why do I think you are plain wrong? Suggesting the one week dividend cycle will engender different price behaviour to the more normal quarterly or annual cycle of corporations is bizaar at best. The value of the upcoming dividend WILL be discounted to share price when it's paid (ex div). Just like every stock in the world. Right now that dividend is NOT big enough to make a difference, but that behaviour WILL assert itself as the dividend grows.

d) Can the share price drop? Yes if course it can, already described how,you chose to ignore the point, so i'll make it again. The share price will drop if/when the market realises the asset base growth is not keeping pace with the Bitcoin difficulty growth! Because THAT is the basis for fundamental valuation of the project's shares (The future potential earnings + physical asset values) REGARDLESS OF DIVIDEND. Get it?Huh

First, you jumping to insults undermines anything intelligent and worthwhile you have to say. If you can leave the insults behind and carry on a conversation devoid of the BS, I am happy to debate or discuss any topic you can think of, if I don't know it well I will educate myself, the more data the better.

Second, while you are correct about the shareprice possibly being bearish if and when peta is unable to keep up with difficulty, that day is not here yet as they have not fully deployed the 700ths, and week to week as long as they keep deploying hardware it is likely that the price will keep steady or possibly slightly climbing. You also can not discount the people who stated here that they will be holding longterm, I am one of those, and while my holdings aren't enough to make a large dent, its fewer shares that are on the open market.

Third, you are trying to apply the same trading techniques and mentality to this market as you would stocks or commodity futures.
You can't trade a penny stock the same way you would goog or ibm. The market cap isn't there, neither is the volume. Pennies as well as the virtual markets such as havelock or cryptostocks, are traded more on emotion rather than technical analysis.

I am glad you posted your resume here, I hope it helps you feel better about yourself, as for me, I know what I know and what I don't know, those who know more than I do on a particular subject can likely judge my knowledge and skill level based on my posts.
The authors I suggested you check out, they are who I started with. Weinsteins how to profit in bull and bear markets is the penultimate guide IMHO for those who are either looking into or are already into technical analysis based trading. However, as I have said before, the volume just isn't there to trade securities such as peta or asicminer with technical analysis, instead you have to do your DD and treat it as if you were an VC or angel investor and decide whether you think they have a solid business plan and a clear and attainable path to being profitable.

This entire thread is filled with posts giving a pretty thorough analysis of petas potential profit or potential lack of.
There is likely a decent amount of BTC on the sidelines waiting for peta to fully deploy, when this happens I would bet that we see a decent spike in the share price. Along with those like me that are and will continue to reinvest, taking the shares from those that were only in it for a quick profit.

You really are an insulting, patronising, argumentative person. You should really re-read your own posts before you start calling anyone else out for name calling.

None of your above 'analysis', and I use that term in the very loosest of senses, supports your previous arguments for share price stability or selling post dividend "risk free". The very presence of that risk element in the share price means this investment is completely different from your earlier assertion that this is "just like buying hashing contracts" or words to that effect.

Yes, we are not there yet on when the share price might go down due to not keeping up with BTC difficulty, thats kind of an obvious thing to state during initial rollout phase, but the fact that it is small cap and illiquid is exactly why there is a high risk of a very sudden and deep fall at the very first sign of hash growth not being fast enough (either from not rolling out phase 1 fast enough or failing to roll out the re-investment hardware fast enough or re-investment not being high enough).

When confidence is lost in an illiquid stock, it only takes a few sellers to completely overwhelm the shallow bid, and price falls off a cliff out of all proportion to the real failure to deliver! That can happen, and it can happen at any time, so nobody should be getting into this stock on your advice that it's safe to trade it just for the weekly dividends, that would be bad advice, you may well find yourself losing everything.

Its quite obvious that you are one the just seething for an argument.

It doesn't matter what you or I have to say, the market has chosen. The market has decided that peta is currently worth .07btc/share.

All your doing to further your point of view, whatever it is, is twisting my words.
It doesnt matter that 2 others of have posted in support of me being correct in the short term, you continue to put words in my mouth and warp the ones I have typed, while ignoring other points I have made. Again, your trying to pigeon hole whatever logic you think works for you into this situation.

Because you are obviously incapable of a true debate I am putting you on ignore, don't bother replying to this.
I had held out hope that you were able to be a logical dissenting voice, but alas I was wrong.

Most people would recognise the above argument as about the stock, and why I believe it is a potentially very risky investment (not necessarily a bad one) but i'll take your 'ignore' as proof of your inability to logically counter a single point i've made.
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:20:50 AM

People were talking on this forum about reaching 1-2%  of Bitcoin network. is this an actual PETA-mine plan or just a schizophrenic idea rolling in my head? I can not find any reference to this 1-2% on an actual PETA page...

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
ujka

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:26:47 AM

People were talking on this forum about reaching 1-2%  of Bitcoin network. is this an actual PETA-mine plan or just a schizophrenic idea rolling in my head? I can not find any reference to this 1-2% on an actual PETA page...

http://www.peta-mine.co/petamine-will-deploy-700-ths-or-8-68-ghs-per-share/
We really believe in our project the PETAMINE and have invested a lot of time and money in it. We have set an ambitious goal to obtain and retain a minimum of 2% of the network.
DropDead.Be

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:42:34 AM

My dividend prediction:  0.0008 / share
ujka

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:46:35 AM

BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:02:52 AM

0.00077905 - I guess!

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
Stego

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:09:33 AM

With the recent increase of difficulty, the raise of the hosting fees (because of new hardwares), the dividends this week should be slightly lower than last week's dividends.
millenium

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:24:51 PM

trek27

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:35:58 PM

0.000621 - so a bit lower than last time Undecided
trek27

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:46:39 PM

We could argue to what extent FHA (FHM) cex.io price is pertinent to PETA-MINE share valuation.
Anyway, one thing is 100% sure: we badly need deployment progress acceleration.
spartan82

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:48:17 PM

Keep in mind guys that bitcoin has significantly dropped in value since last week divs so expect a fairly bigger maintenance fee this week in btc terms that is
stompysteve

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:45:20 PM

stompysteve

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:46:03 PM

whatever happened to getting NMC by the way?
VonSpecht

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:22:27 PM

NotoriousBIT

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:29:52 PM

I'm going with dividends of 1 BTC.  To the moon!

Wait, what?
anon29426

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:39:39 PM

so. heres what i think's gonna happen. CryptX isn't going to post a dividend until we can match last weeks, so don't expect it anywhere near the usual 3PM time, but we should still have a dividend increase. while this looks great to potential investors, it is still really concerning, if we can't/only barely keep up with the difficulty now, then i have no faith that we will be able to keep up with it in a month or two. an update would be nice, we haven't had one in a few weeks, the last one said we would receive a new delivery schedule but we have heard nothing. as someone who has put allot of personal funds into this project im really starting to worry.
hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:47:31 PM

so. heres what i think's gonna happen. CryptX isn't going to post a dividend until we can match last weeks, so don't expect it anywhere near the usual 3PM time, but we should still have a dividend increase. while this looks great to potential investors, it is still really concerning, if we can't/only barely keep up with the difficulty now, then i have no faith that we will be able to keep up with it in a month or two. an update would be nice, we haven't had one in a few weeks, the last one said we would receive a new delivery schedule but we have heard nothing. as someone who has put allot of personal funds into this project im really starting to worry.

We haven't even reached the trying-to-keep-up-with-difficulty phase. We're still in the waiting-for-massive-initial-deployment phase. If you want to worry about that, then fine, but let's at least worry about things in the proper order.

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
anon29426

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:56:54 PM

We haven't even reached the trying-to-keep-up-with-difficulty phase. We're still in the waiting-for-massive-initial-deployment phase. If you want to worry about that, then fine, but let's at least worry about things in the proper order.

well, unfortunately, we are already there.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: