Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:05:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] PETAMINE - 1,150 TH/S HASH RATE (1GH/S per Unit)  (Read 565621 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
trek27

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:45:45 PM

A lot of happened this last Friday.

If at least 10k units of the new IPO are sold then PetaMine as a project could be strengthened.

There are significant differences between previous and latest Prospectus but no motion. IMHO it's never a good idea to try to build something by dodging the rights of others - regardless of intentions.

Good luck to all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
realtime

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:33:13 AM

With this recent news why would anyone be selling their shares below IPO value? Unless they 'need' out obviously.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:58:42 AM

PETA is currently the fund with highest volume on Havelock. Smiley

Aireun

Activity: 113

Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:45:03 AM

Waaahooo!! Cryptx you have just made my day! Fantastic update!  Grin

In Bitcoin We Trust! Your link: https://hashie.co/t?p=30630&v=85f
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 07:19:16 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2014, 07:34:23 AM by jimmothy

At 0.1 btc/15gh they are asking $3/gh... Not very good considering what is available.

hashratio is selling miners using asicminer chips for $1.4/gh.

edit: looks like they are buying hardware for around $1.5/gh as per the prospectus.
EdoBcn

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 07:46:32 AM

Cryptx,
I'm sure not correct. But after not delivering the promised hashing power at the promised time, you purchased in bulk a large quantity of shares that should have been sold on the market instead. Then you decide what is going to be the price of a new ipo, manipulating marketprice again.  You also decide to sell at this new convinient price that you established, more shares.
The above halting the dividend payout to pay for additional hashing power.
And while your loyal long term shareholders were temporary disinvesting Peta to jumpstart Scryptx (that was the additional benefit on reducing maintenance fees for Peta).

Of course, each one makes his own decisions, but apparently I'm not the only one that is now facing the consequences of that decisions, based on lack of transparancy and unidirectional decision making from your side.

This is quite annoying for me. I've invested in Scyptx and now it would be impossible to sell all the shares I have without a huge loss, to the purchase back Peta at 20/25% higher price.

I've missed the train. But your way of communicating to us had a part in it.

Do you want to buy all my scrytx shares at what I spent for them?

I'd rather cash out and go.

mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 07:48:13 AM

Cryptx,
I'm sure not correct. But after not delivering the promised hashing power at the promised time, you purchased in bulk a large quantity of shares that should have been sold on the market instead. Then you decide what is going to be the price of a new ipo, manipulating marketprice again.  You also decide to sell at this new convinient price that you established, more shares.
And while your loyal long term shareholders were temporary disinvesting Peta to jumpstart Scryptx (that was the additional benefit on reducing maintenance fees for Peta).

Of course, each one makes his own decisions, but apparently I'm not the only one that is now facing the consequences of that decisions, based on lack of transparancy and unidirectional decision making from your side.

This is quite annoying for me. I've invested in Scyptx and now it would be impossible to sell all the shares I have without a huge loss, to the purchase back Peta at 20/25% higher price.

+1 +2 +3
trek27

Activity: 172

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 09:00:44 AM

Cryptx,

+1 +2 +3

To those who completely missed last jump: don't regret too much. Instead watch carefully what happens with the new IPO.
To those who are stuck in SCRYPT and feeling luck of liquidity: when bitcoin price starts a new uptrend then altcoins related securities should outperform those mining bitcoins. For the moment be patient, and collect your dividends. Try to divest on enthusiasm - when it comes.
kenmomotaro

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 09:41:03 AM

This spreadsheet is showing a simple increase of 6 PH per period, which is unconscionable. The calculations should take into account at least a 15% increase per period.

So instead of 6,000 TH being added to network every 10 days, you propose a perpetual 15% every 10 days

so for example
start @ 76,000 TH
10 days later 87,400  TH
10 days later 100,509 TH,
10 days later 115,586 TH
10 days later 132,924 TH
10 days later 152,862 TH
10 days later 175,791 TH
10 days later 202,159 TH
(2 months passed)

and so on and so forth till sometime in  not so distant future we'll be in exahashes adding god knows how many PH daily?

This is the same argument I have been making. Very few seem to understand how even 10% is not sustainable over the long term.
I am confident we have hit the wall with 28nm. I don't see any 25%+ difficulty increases in our future until the next gen.

Guess what?  Bitfury BF3500 operates 0.78 Watts/GH at 55nm nodes. Which means all 28nm rigs we see right now have a great room for improvement. And that's why difficulty will continue to increase at 15% for a while. Admit that current chip designs are bad designs, and we don't need 14nm or further to improve the mining efficiency, just redesign the chip and all be fine.
hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 11:18:33 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2014, 11:45:12 AM by hephaist0s

I don't think the 33K "new" shares will sell without new buyers. Right now, anyone can buy PETA units for .091-.093 which are the same as the units that will be selling for .095-.1 in a few days. It looks like roughly 1400 shares have sold in the past 18 hours.

SCRYPT-X was partly a success because enthusiastic PETA investors diversified into it, but in this case, existing PETA holders who can buy more shares now at .091 aren't going to be buying them in a few days at .095. Anyone paying attention here on the forums likewise has the same opportunity, and I imagine that accounts for most of the Havelock userbase.

So who is going to buy them? It looks like the market is just too shallow, and we are going to go a few weeks without dividends. I still think we are in a great position, and it may only be a short time before we are back with massive dividends.

New users are the only way to sell those units, though. I think cryptx knows this, and thus the website redesign and subtle repositioning as "cloud-mining" seem to point to the notion of a marketing push. There are a lot of people in the broader bitcoin community who aren't here on the forums, and we'll need to reach them somehow: stories, posts, ads.

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
Oztwinpeaks

Activity: 133

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:43:37 PM

I don't think the 33K "new" shares will sell without new buyers. Right now, anyone can buy PETA units for .091-.093 which are the same as the units that will be selling for .095-.1 in a few days. It looks like roughly 1400 shares have sold in the past 18 hours.

SCRYPT-X was partly a success because enthusiastic PETA investors diversified into it, but in this case, existing PETA holders who can buy more shares now at .091 aren't going to be buying them in a few days at .095. Anyone paying attention here on the forums likewise has the same opportunity, and I imagine that accounts for most of the Havelock userbase.

So who is going to buy them? It looks like the market is just too shallow, and we are going to go a few weeks without dividends. I still think we are in a great position, and it may only be a short time before we are back with massive dividends.

New users are the only way to sell those units, though. I think cryptx knows this, and thus the website redesign and subtle repositioning as "cloud-mining" seem to point to the notion of a marketing push. There are a lot of people in the broader bitcoin community who aren't here on the forums, and we'll need to reach them somehow: stories, posts, ads.

Yeah, this is also my concern with the situation. I feel as though the market depth has perhaps been over-estimated. I don't like second IPO's- buy back's on their own are ok, because it immediately adds value per share, but IPO's are always a risk as to fair pricing. I'm not saying that the price isn't fair, but I don't know if the buyer base is large enough to absorb the new shares.

Regarding those people taking issue with the situation because they unwound positions in Peta to invest in Scrypt- I do get where you are coming from in your frustrations, but at the same time that's always going to be a risky move in expecting the market to stay still. I personally kept my shares in Peta, and used other funds to take a smaller position in Srypt- and I'm happy about that position for the long term. I think (and I think that this view way shared by others) that Peta has been relatively under-priced for a while, and I fully expected some lift-off in share price in the nearer term, be it from growing market sentiment/dividends, or in the IPO situation that has occurred.

michaelGedi

Activity: 364

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:24:11 PM

can someone help me clarify perchance?...

"dividends to invest after IPO" in the prospectus, what are those units? weeks?

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:26:43 PM

Could someone clarify the dividends to invest after IPO fields?

That's how much of our dividends will go to pay the new hardware, if all units are sold hardware is paid for, if only 10k units are sold we will not see dividends for a few weeks until 1007 bitcoins are generated in dividends so the hardware can be paid for.

cryptx (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:37:12 PM

You are spot on! We are preparing a marketing campaign right now.

We want to emphasize to the public our unique way of cloudhashing and all the advantages over traditional cloudhashing contracts. We would like to appeal to all our unit holders and sympathizers to help us by this. We launch a call to send us all your ideas on this to info@cryptx.com

Let’s work together to take this to the next level!

michaelGedi

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:47:55 PM

Could someone clarify the dividends to invest after IPO fields?

That's how much of our dividends will go to pay the new hardware, if all units are sold hardware is paid for, if only 10k units are sold we will not see dividends for a few weeks until 1007 bitcoins are generated in dividends so the hardware can be paid for.

OK, I read that post but the simplest way of explaining it (and it should be in the table in the prospectus) is that the numbers represent an amount of BTC.

edit - I skimmed that post I should say, yes it's clear what it says, but it could be said even simpler Smiley

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:52:54 PM

We want to emphasize to the public our unique way of cloudhashing and all the advantages over traditional cloudhashing contracts. We would like to appeal to all our unit holders and sympathizers to help us by this. We launch a call to send us all your ideas on this to info@cryptx.com

Jesus Christ. You want other people to help you make money? CryptX, just a quick question, I'm not going to give your game away just yet, but I'm gonna pick at it a while, if this is such a good investment opportunity, why don't you buy or own any shares yourself?
cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:53:14 PM

I've changed my signature !  Grin

cryptx (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:57:55 PM

I've changed my signature !  Grin

Thanks! This is the spirit we like to see!
EdoBcn

Activity: 241

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 02:02:43 PM

Jesus Christ. You want other people to help you make money? CryptX, just a quick question, I'm not going to give your game away just yet, but I'm gonna pick at it a while, if this is such a good investment opportunity, why don't you buy or own any shares yourself?

+1
michaelGedi

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 02:06:18 PM

mike I love to watch your sentiment swings...

don't get me wrong, I understand to an extent, especially considering the recent implementations of change of strategy. But as a self proclaimed day trader, it's hard to believe your positive rants are without agenda

Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: