Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:38:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] PETAMINE - 1,150 TH/S HASH RATE (1GH/S per Unit)  (Read 565621 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Anonymousg64

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:24:50 PM

mikemikemike has allot of sock-puppet accounts

lets look at PETA from an objective point of view

their profit margin is competitive, no point arguing about what they do with it

assume your choice is between buying hardware, a cloud contract or PETA shares

since PETA does everything for you we will only discuss management of revenue from other options

the intelligent strategy with either the hardware or the cloud contract is to maximize reinvestment's of initial revenue
otherwise you are holding something that is diminishing in value and in returns
with the exponential increase in difficulty, a cloud contract or mining hardware is destined to make a fixed return, you will never make more then double what you made in the first span of difficulty doubling,
aka if you made 6BTC in 2 months, assuming diff doubling rate of 2 months, you will never make more then 12BTC in the lifetime of the hardware or mining contract
so if you instead focus on reinvesting, you can grow to a point where the asymptotic curve of returns is a significant amount in $ for a long period. The larger your operation, the more you can take advantage of reinvestment's to secure your network share more efficiently then others.

there is nothing wrong with PETA's reinvestment plan, the loan will be paid back in 2 weeks, so dividends will not be suspended for long

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:33:39 PM

You're overlooking a rather obvious alternative -- keeping your coin and not "investing" it at all.
*But sure, all mining operations offered to the public have either lost money for the "investors," or simply stole it.  See your exchange-mate, COG.
Anonymousg64

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:35:39 PM

since PETA does everything for you we will only discuss management of revenue from other options

the intelligent strategy with either the hardware or the cloud contract is to maximize reinvestment's of initial revenue
with the exponential increase in difficulty, a cloud contract or mining hardware is destined to make a fixed return, you will never make more then double what you made in the first span of difficulty doubling,
aka if you made 6BTC in 2 months, assuming diff doubling rate of 2 months, you will never make more then 12BTC in the lifetime of the hardware or mining contract
so if you instead focus on reinvesting, you can grow to a point where the asymptotic curve of returns is a significant amount in $ for a long period.

I see you posting a lot but you never have anything of substance. "...otherwise you are holding something that is diminishing in value and in returns..." After August 4, 2014 that is exactly what you are holding with Petamine. This is easily seen in CryptX's forecast in the "BTC mined 10 days" column.

Numbers speak more than words, so let's see some and add some substance to your words.

not in this case, numbers are pure speculation

think for second, and look at what i posted, take the point of view of someone wanting to invest in mining BTC
PETA is the best strategy forward
Anonymousg64

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:36:35 PM

You're overlooking a rather obvious alternative -- keeping your coin and not "investing" it at all.
*But sure, all mining operations offered to the public have either lost money for the "investors," or simply stole it.  See your exchange-mate, COG.

you overlooked the rest of my post mikemikemike?
hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:38:40 PM

so if you instead focus on reinvesting, you can grow to a point where the asymptotic curve of returns is a significant amount in $ for a long period.

I see you posting a lot but you never have anything of substance. "...otherwise you are holding something that is diminishing in value and in returns..." After August 4, 2014 that is exactly what you are holding with Petamine. This is easily seen in CryptX's forecast in the "BTC mined 10 days" column.

Numbers speak more than words, so let's see some and add some substance to your words.

not in this case, numbers are pure speculation

think for second, and look at what i posted, take the point of view of someone wanting to invest in mining BTC
PETA is the best strategy forward

Agreed. And I have not seen any numbers to refute this.

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
NotLambchop

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:40:44 PM

No, simply pointed out the logical fail on which your entire post pivots.  Thus far, I've been accused of being Eduardo de Castro, Mircea Popescu, crumbs, Icebreaker, and various others.  Adding mikemikemike to the list.  

*My name is Legion: for we are many.
Anonymousg64

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:45:47 PM

No, simply pointed out the logical fail on which your entire post pivots.  Thus far, I've been accused of being Eduardo de Castro, Mircea Popescu, crumbs, Icebreaker, and various others.  Adding mikemikemike to the list.  

you say no yet you still missed the body of my post mikemikemike
keeping your coins leaves you with a predictable fixed return, such would not work for a stock, buy B.MINE if you truly believe in that strategy.

mikemikemike, this your second slipup, your forgot to go talk to yourself in your thread with your sock-puppet accounts.
chkgk

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:51:21 PM

There is something, I really do not get about a lot of the people posting harsh criticism here:

If you are a current shareholder, it must be in your interest for cryptx to sell all ipo shares, thereby keeping the no-dividend-time to a minimum while at the same time "growing" the mine.
Thus, if you still own shares in PETA, there is absolutely no rational incentive to criticise the management now that the IPO is actually taking place. In fact, even if you are unhappy with the situation, the best you can do now, is to promote PETA. Once the ipo is over and normal trading is resumed, you can sell and leave or try to come up with constructive ideas on how to improve the situation.

If you do not currently hold any shares in PETA, I don't get why you are wasting your energy and time posting here. You sold, got out, are done with it. Lucky you! Why ruin the situation for those who were not as lucky as you and are still "in"? Why make so much noise about something, that might not turn out so bad after all? It's like you want PETA to get into trouble. Did you guys short-sell PETA shares?
NotLambchop

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:59:10 PM

you say no yet you still missed the body of my post mikemikemike
keeping your coins leaves you with a predictable fixed return, such would not work for a stock, buy B.MINE if you truly believe in that strategy.

Yes, not investing my coin leaves it exactly as it is, excellent point.
"Investing" in *any* mining stock, on the other hand, has a long and sordid history of ending in fail and AIDS.
Unless you're fond of surprise butsecs, I would advise against it.
Of course, the above completely ignores third-party risks, such as unlicensed Panamanian exchanges pulling up stakes and going all OKTHXBI!
Hopefully this addressed most of your concerns, Anonymousg64.

If it helps you to think of me as mikemikemike, by all means do.  I realize those protective hats are unreliable now that The Lizards replaced quality tin with cheap ersatz aluminum.
stompysteve

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:59:26 PM

There is something, I really do not get about a lot of the people posting harsh criticism here:

If you are a current shareholder, it must be in your interest for cryptx to sell all ipo shares, thereby keeping the no-dividend-time to a minimum while at the same time "growing" the mine.
Thus, if you still own shares in PETA, there is absolutely no rational incentive to criticise the management now that the IPO is actually taking place. In fact, even if you are unhappy with the situation, the best you can do now, is to promote PETA. Once the ipo is over and normal trading is resumed, you can sell and leave or try to come up with constructive ideas on how to improve the situation.

If you do not currently hold any shares in PETA, I don't get why you are wasting your energy and time posting here. You sold, got out, are done with it. Lucky you! Why ruin the situation for those who were not as lucky as you and are still "in"? Why make so much noise about something, that might not turn out so bad after all? It's like you want PETA to get into trouble. Did you guys short-sell PETA shares?
people are mad they didnt get in before .095 and now they have to wait 2 weeks because the IPO is never going to finish
Diegogp

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:07:49 PM

+1 i don't get the point people wasting their time complaining about PETA hours and hours wasted in something they no longer own. Really weird...
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:47:02 PM

If you are a long term holder and actually looked at CryptX's forecast you will see why it is in your best interest for this IPO to not succeed.

Still don't understand why everyones mentioning the forecast spreadsheet for as if it's crystal ball, the numbers are not right, they've always been that way. An example; take the sheet as is, adjust only USD/BTC from default 450 to 1500. All of a sudden the year 1 expected divs goes from 7,000 btc to 164,000 btc. at 2,000 usd/btc year 1 dividends is 603,000 BTC. at 3,500 the total dividends in year 1 is projected at 22 million (yes million) btc etc. do your own predictions from scratch without this sheet to get more accurate prediction

as wrote before running by those 15% exponential diff (that puts us at 1 exahash by early december, 1.6 exahash at late dec and 5 exahash few months into the new year), you'll see the mine is supposedly 2x more profitable at 0% reinvestment than 35%, 5x more profitable at 0% than at 80% reinvestment. either way the calculated divs on spreadsheet are less than what the mine will actually earn, the total year 1 divs at  35% reinvestment for instance  is obviously false since the predicted div earnings there throughout the total year 1 equates to what is *currently* mined with 1/3 of the hashrate in a month and a half, that then comes to a negative figure on spreadsheet once you subtract the price paid back for BF hardware even with 10k sold. Bear in mind this is hardware which will be added beginning next monday

cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:55:58 PM

+1

BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:08:26 PM

If you are a long term holder and actually looked at CryptX's forecast you will see why it is in your best interest for this IPO to not succeed.

Still don't understand why everyones mentioning the forecast spreadsheet for as if it's crystal ball, the numbers are not right, they've always been that way. An example; take the sheet as is, adjust only USD/BTC from default 450 to 1500. All of a sudden the year 1 expected divs goes from 7,000 btc to 164,000 btc. at 2,000 usd/btc year 1 dividends is 603,000 BTC. at 3,500 the total dividends in year 1 is projected at 22 million (yes million) btc etc. do your own predictions from scratch without this sheet to get more accurate prediction

as wrote before running by those 15% exponential diff (that puts us at 1 exahash by early december, 1.6 exahash at late dec and 5 exahash few months into the new year), you'll see the mine is supposedly 2x more profitable at 0% reinvestment than 35%, 5x more profitable at 0% than at 80% reinvestment. either way the calculated divs on spreadsheet are less than what the mine will actually earn, the total year 1 divs at  35% reinvestment for instance  is obviously false since the predicted div earnings there throughout the total year 1 equates to what is *currently* mined with 1/3 of the hashrate in a month and a half, that then comes to a negative figure on spreadsheet once you subtract the price paid back for BF hardware even with 10k sold. Bear in mind this is hardware which will be added beginning next monday

Exactly, everyone is so concerned only about the hash rate. However, hash rate is a knife in a back for every single miner and every single mining project.  I guess. if Cryptx bought 10000 shares for taht 1000BTC would be better rather them giving us a loan.

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
Ask Ken About Love

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:20:10 PM

^Lol, in that case there's no reason for the new IPO -- as bitcoin prices breach a million dollars ea., just enjoy the rewards!

Unfortunately, as Bitcoin prices spike, so does the difficulty.  It would become profitable to mine even with obsolete gear.

Why do you think the rate has been climbing so slowly lately?
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:39:12 PM

Yes, this is a constant dilema, mine or HODL.  Its unlikely for the hash rate to climb over the roof and for the btc price not to follow. Otherwise every single mining project and mine is a loss no matter how cheap  the chips can get.  As well as complaining about "inaccurate" hash rate in the sheet, we have to look for the BTC/$  ratio, as this factor is as important as the difficulty.

Undecided Undecided

Like currently buying any equipment for BTC would make no sense as at 450$ per BTC and the constant increase in difficulty you will lead to mining less BTC than you spend on equipment. Hence hodling is a better strategy.

BiteMyShinyMetalAss

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:40:47 PM

^Lol, in that case there's no reason for the new IPO -- as bitcoin prices breach a million dollars ea., just enjoy the rewards!

Unfortunately, as Bitcoin prices spike, so does the difficulty.  It would become profitable to mine even with obsolete gear.

Currently is a bit different situation, difficulty spike and BTC price stay constant. Above 10% increase is not slowly, next one 17% ... while BTC price 450$...

Ask Ken About Love

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:49:20 PM

Unfortunately, as Bitcoin prices spike, so does the difficulty.  It would become profitable to mine even with obsolete gear.

Currently is a bit different situation, difficulty spike and BTC price stay constant. Above 10% increase is not slowly, next one 17% ... while BTC price 450$...

Nonono.  It's the other way around.  Like so:

1.  Bitcoin price goes up.
2.  It becomes profitable to mine with inefficient equipment and/or pay foundries for chips/assembly houses to build miners.
3.  Hashrate goes up.

It's not a biconditional, hashrate going up doesn't drive up the price.
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:00:41 PM

Yes, you are right, BTC price would drive the difficulty up. However what happens when difficulty raises and btc prise dont follow? Like every 10 days difficulty goes 10-14% but the prices stay the same. Is it still profitable?

Yes, this is a constant dilema, mine or HODL.  Its unlikely for the hash rate to climb over the roof and for the btc price not to follow. Otherwise every single mining project and mine is a loss no matter how cheap  the chips can get. ...

Not if you sell hosting and gear to yourself.  The farm will show losses, but that's OK -- your other companies, the ones that sell to the mine, will show profit.
If you're "buying" from yourself with investors' coin, you make a nice profit.
That's how things work Smiley

So its a negative that we can get cheaper electricity from Cryptx own plant? It is negative that we pay less for Crytpx to produce boards than we would pay in a market? Is it negative that by paying Cryptx for the board production we insure our selves from manufacturers delays?  At current 450$ per  BTC, the only winners are manufacturers not the miners.
And how come the current state of the PETA is worse for the older investors than it was before? I would agree, maybe for the new comers it could be not very appealing, but for people who got into PETA for less than 0.07 the current sittuation is better.

Anonymousg64

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:13:32 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2014, 09:51:58 PM by Anonymousg64

we have 12 days to clear the ipo, lets get going on a media campaign

im buying more shares later today once i get my BTC from cavirtex

2.875$ per Gh/s is a bargain, especially with all that PETA is doing for us
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: